sun& sky rhodes

Reviewed 16th June 2016

"First time to Rhodes hotel was 3 star all inclusive ,sorry arrived 2am reception gave us keys told where room was .got to bed BUT within 20 minutes awoken by slamming of doors, banging of wardrobe ,shouting, this went on around 20 minutes .Room toilet was caked in excrement tiles cracked ,bath had a chunk of ceramic out seats on the porch were down to the foam , carpets in corridor thread bear Breakfast well if you could say that eggs you could have soled your shoes every thing was cold .complained to Rep offered another room she must have thought that changing room was going to improve food, lunch exactly the same every thing cold (mind the flies seemed to enjoy the food) sorry but this has put us off Rhodes all together ,lucky I gave them 1 star Cost another £100 to move hotel."

• Travel date: 11th June 2016

Good value for the money paid

Reviewed 17th August 2015

"My family and I have just returned from the sun and sky hotel. We had a great stay there. The food choice was very good, a variety of salads,veg, meats and fish, and plenty of ice creams and melon and fresh fruits. Plenty of drinks on tap. The hotel was cleaned every morning early, and the rooms were cleaned daily. The staff are very friendly and polite. Entertainment Wasn't great, but it was stated only 3 evenings a week before I booked. Great location for site seeing, old Rhodes town and Linda's. My children felt safe and made many lovely friends at the hotel. I think you get a great stay for what you paid. It is only a 3 star hotel not a 5 star. I would definitely revisit in the future. Lovely little beaches near by for lots of water sports. I don't e pest to drink from glass around the pol, so not sure why people are complaining on other reviews. This helps lower risks. Not suitable for people with walking difficulties as there are a few hills , out side back entrance of hotel and towards left beach."

• Travel date: 11th August 2015

Super Value

Reviewed 30th June 2014

"This is a very good value for money hotel with superb amenities and the staff are excellent,for what you pay.I defy any one to find a better value hotel in the UK especially the price.They go out of their way to make you feel at home and are meticulous with their food offerings and do not take chances with it.Air condition bedroom that is cleaned every day and the whole complex is given a clean every day,early in the morning.I have recommended it to our local Thomas Cook shop who we booked it through and would also like to mention the local Olympic Rep who was most helpful.Their is also plenty of trees to shelter under when the sun gets too hot."

• Travel date: 29th June 2014

Best value for money holiday we have had

Reviewed 26th September 2012

"We are very experienced world travellers and have visited this hotel twice, the last visit ending two weeks ago. The food is now very good and varied and plenty of it. The staff are efficient and helpful. The reason for this is the management. Mr Van Gellis runs the hotel in a friendly but firm way and is on hand every day to ensure your holiday is enjoyable. He is very approachable and we had many chats with him and were pleased to be able to compliment him and his staff. Bear in mind this is not a 5 star hotel , if you want luxury then pay the extra and go elsewhere. Kalithea is only a short bus ride from Rhodes Town, definately worth the effort to visit, and if you are more adventurous then hire a vehicle and explore the many beautiful beaches which are all within 10 miles of the hotel.This hotel can not be beaten for value in our opinion and we will be back in a year or two. "

• Travel date: 26th September 2012

If you like to starve this is the hotel for you!

Reviewed 13th October 2011

"Just returned from a 1 weeks stay and will never go back! The food was horrendous, my family and I lived off of bread rolls salad n cheese! My 1 year old who is not a fussy eater went hungry most nights as there was nothing to offer him! The rooms were clean but very basic, air con was free though so that's good. The soft drinks were awful! Tasted like flavoured soda water, they tried to pass off undiluted orange squash as fresh orange juice, yuk!! The hotel is not wheel chair or buggy friendly, I was for ever struggeling to manoeuvre my son from room to pool to restaurant! Our holiday broucher stated there was a children's play area, ha yeah right! If u call a few manky old run down dirt and ant covered out door toddler toys a children's play area then yes there was! Bog pool was ok as clean as an out door pool could be, how ever the small pool was dirty every day and never cleaned, plenty of sun beds. Staff were friendly enough or people that couldn't really understand us. On a whole terrible holiday, worst I've had, never going back. Would never recommend!"

• Travel date: 11th October 2011

Best Holiday in Years

Reviewed 6th September 2011

"We've just returned on 24/8/11 after 14days all inclusive (2adults & 1 child)this was an unforgettable experience our best holiday in years! The hotel was very clean, rooms are basic Greek style & cleaned everyday & changed every 3 days, but if anything is dirty place them in the bath & they will change them! Air con is free and required as temperatures can hit 45degs! Staff were very friendly especially Ria the pool bar manager who seemed to have a permanent smile on her face, hotel manager Vangellis who couldn't do enough to help, bar staff Chrissie & tin-tin & the nice man who took the room numbers @ the restaurant who always made us laugh (appreciate his dry sense of humour)& the lovely Estonian waitress.The food was excellent even our 8yr old daughter who is very fussy always found something, remember they do cater for so many nationalities, we also had 5 nights of BBQS within the 14days! The cocktails & spirits were nice & strong but one minus point was the very weak lager! The pool was very nice, clean & larger than expected. There were plenty of loungers but the ones next to the pool were usually toweled up the night before, it didn't bother us as we took loungers to the shaded areas in the garden area then returned to the pool for a cool dip! The entertainment was very good & the atmosphere it generated was brilliant, the Greek dancers were delightful, karaoke was brilliant & the singer was exceptional, one minus point was that they only put on entertainment 3x per week (Monday,Wednesday & Friday), for the additional outlay i would strongly recommend that it would be in their best interests if they increase this! The Kalithea resort itself is a bit sparse but we found a nice friendly bar near the pharmacy which has a free pool table opposite the bar is a hotel where you can find an ATM, this also where you can find bus stops for Rhodes town & Faliraki! At the entry road to the hotel there is a supermarket, mikes bar & very nice pizza/pasta restaurant! Overall exceptional value for money, we highly recommend this hotel & will definitely return!! "

• Travel date: 1st September 2011

Best Holiday in years

Reviewed 1st September 2011

"We've just returned on 24/8/11 after 14days all inclusive (2adults & 1 child)this was an unforgettable experience our best holiday in years! The hotel was very clean, rooms are basic greek style & cleaned everyday & changed every 3 days, but if anything is dirty place them in the bath & they will change them! Staff were very friendly especially Ria the pool bar manager who seemed to have a permanent smile on her face, hotel manager Vangellis who couldn't do enough, bar staff Chrissie & tin-tin & the nice man who took the room numbers @ the restaurant who always made us laugh (people must be thick if they cant appreciate his dry sense of humour).The food was excellent even our 8yr old daughter who is very fussy always found something, remember they do cater for so many nationalities, we also had 5 nights of BBQS within the 14days! The cocktails & spirits were nice & strong but one minus point was the very weak lager! The pool was very nice, clean & larger than expected. There were plenty of loungers but the ones next to the pool were usually towelled up the night before, it didn't bother us as we took loungers to the shaded areas in the garden area then returned to the pool for a cool dip! The entertainment was very good & the atmosphere it generated was brilliant, the Greek dancers were delightful, karaoke was brilliant & the singer was exceptional, one minus point was that they only put on entertainment 3x per week (Monday,Wednesday & Friday), for the additional outlay i would strongly recommend that it would be in their best interests if they increase this! The Kalithea resort itself is a bit sparse but we found a nice friendly bar near the pharmacy which has a free pool table opposite the bar is a hotel where you can find an ATM, this also where you can find bus stops for Rhodes town & Faliraki! At the entry road to the hotel there is a supermarket, mikes bar & very nice pizza/pasta restaurant! Overall exceptional value for money, we highly recommend this hotel & will definitely return!!"

• Travel date: 28th August 2011

excellent

Reviewed 14th July 2011

"We just returned from family vacation in a hotel SUN & SKY and we had . I would also like to thank the staff for unique holidays we spent. The staff and management is fantastic, the food is excellent, the atmosphere is unforgettable, pleasant family atmosphere, lots of fun,excellent starting point for the Rhodes town and Faliraki.. "

• Travel date: 10th July 2011

Loved it

Reviewed 5th April 2011

"My wife and I stayed here for 14 days with Olympic Holidays for our honeymoon (Aug 2010) we stayed in the middle of a heatwave, the temperature was around or above 45-50 degrees everyday! Rhodes is a beautiful Island, especially old town, which is 15 mins away from the Sun and Sky by bus. The hotel itself is basic, clean and has very friendly and helpful staff. The food was adequate, not fantastic, but we never went hungry! they could really do with cooking more Greek dishes. The pool is a bit small, but again, its well maintained and clean, but not good for a quiet swim! I liked the entertainment, even had a bash at karaoke and Greek dancing which was good fun! Kalithea is a bit of a dive, only a handful of bars and shops, but again, 15 mins to Rhodes town or 15 mins to Faliraki by bus, no reason to stay in Kalithea! the hotel will arrange trips for you (at a cost) or there are several independent places that'll do it cheaper. if you travel with Olympic, don't expect to see the rep more than at your induction, our girl was appalling. the trips were massively overpriced too... i fully recommend a visit, but don't expect 5* luxury, you get what you pay for,also dont expect a quiet time, the cheapness of the hotel does attract a lot of young families, so there are loads of kids. the island is beautiful though. we also took daytrips to Lindos and Symi, which are both breathtaking! i'd 100% stay there again. in fact if it wasn't for pets and families at home, i may have stayed for good. its a lovely slow way of life, bags of sunshine (we only saw clouds on our last day!) and friendly locals "

• Travel date: 2nd April 2011

Good Quality Cheap Hotel

Reviewed 3rd November 2010

"Went here with my wife for a friends wedding in local beauty spot. Arrived just before 9pm, to an electrical failure... great start I thought after reading some of the reviews. We were quickly assured this was a local fault (and true never happened again in the 2 weeks we stayed there) As the evening meal finished at 9pm, we were asked if we wanted to go down to the dining area quickly to grab something before checking in. I thought this was a nice thought by staff. After checking into the room, yes it was basic and the bathroom was a little dark due to the brown tiles, but the room was clean and that was most important. We had a balcony but as it was not pool facing we only used it to dry off towels. Towels and linen changed regularly and floor washed, could not fault it. Food - not michelin star, but I'm one of the most fussy eater I know, and I managed a meal each day no problem, though I will say, get there early for best cuts of meat. It did get a bit samey by second week but nto really an issue. Drinks selection was limited on the free menu, but your plenty to get by with, just mix up your own to a certain extent! Pool area was clean and no reported broken tiles and loungers as previous reviews. Plenty of area to relax both poolside and on the grassy areas. Enterntainment was entertaining in the wrong way, but you can't get Girls Aloud in a hotel that charges so little. Me and the wife did wonder how they make a profit. Staff were all friendly and ready to chat, this also was more so if you spoke German or Greek, as the was a majority split of German/Greek to British. Not an issue to myself as if I wanted to be surrounded by british I'd gone to Cornwall. The surrounding area was a bit dissapointing as this felt like a one horse town and the horse was in the vets!! but Faliraki and Rhodes Town not too far away on local bus. Overall a very good experience and I do think this was a little out of relief it was nothing like the bad reviews!!! however for what I paid for all-inclusive, I would recommend staying here if on budget and looking to come to Rhodes. More suited for the older couple or very young family due to the quietness."

• Travel date: 3rd November 2010

get what you pay for

Reviewed 10th September 2010

"We have just returned and found the hotel good value for money if you want 5 star then pay 5 star prices but do not complain. The food was fine, the room was fine it was cleaned everday and the towels were replaced everday. There was also plenty of sunbeads. It is in a good location as you are only a 20 min bus ride to Rhodes Town only 2 euros which is well worth a visit. The entertainment was on for 3 nights but that was not a problem as we met some very nice people so we made our own entertainment. My only complaint would be that the staff on the main bar were not very friendly but the lady on the snack bar was lovely (maybe she should train the bar staff) There was no childrens clubs, entertainers etc but the children had access to computers, table tennis and pool my son is 10 and he was not bored at all. One word of warning if you visit Rhodes old town and have a beer inside the old city do not ask for a large beer as my husband did this and it came in a huge glass in the shape of a boot and cost 17euros and held about 5 pints. "

• Travel date: 9th September 2010

Excellent Holiday

Reviewed 18th August 2010

"Just returned from a 2 week all inclusive holiday at Kalithea Sun & Sky. As it was our first abroad holiday for 11 years and with children (10 and 8 years)I was a little worried when I read some of the reviews on here. However, we could of not wished for a better holiday. Hotel was fantastic, rooms yet basic were very spacious and cleaned everyday, food was superb,certainly couldn't go hungry! Pool area and facilities were excellent. All the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The hotel was ideal for exploring the area (20 mins to Rhodes town) beach was a 15 minute walk. We are looking forward to returning to Kalithea and would definately recommend Sun & Sky "

• Travel date: 18th August 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel

Top traveller tips for Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel

• by Alan S

"total over haul of every thing"

• by Hilltop

"A day trip round the island is an absolute must."

• by sportsbilly

"Visit the other local beaches either by bus or car to get the best out of your stay"

• by roblisacharlie

"If you want a beach go to Faliraki! If your taking back cigs/tobacco order them as they dont keep much stock!"

• by Rich C-K

"Spend as much time as possible in Rhodes old town, you can get lost in its beauty for hours just meandering around!"

• by Jonesy

"don't believe the bad hype"

• by Gemzii

"rhodes is lovely just not this hotel"

• by Olliecom

"Great value for money"

• by Saddened Holiday maker

"Good to Kalthea it is a lovely quiet place, but dont stay at kalthea sun and sky hotel"

• by LondonNJB

"Loved paragliding in Faliraki, try Greek food in traditional tavernas."

• by bronko1

"rhoads town a mush do."

• by kim wigan

"the beach was great for sightseeing and the tavernas were nice to eat at "

• by kim wigan

"it is a nice little resort with alot for kids plenty of bars and resturants"

• by Hindley86

"Fairly quiet but if you want lively Faliraki and Rhodes Town are within easy reach."

• by Loxley

"Mike's Bar across the road was verdy friendly. Made my friend a CD and gave us free bottled water."

• by feebaz

"Kalithea spa , beach for snorkelling,Parrot Bar for fun nights and friendly staff"

Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel is also called

• kalithea sun sky hotel
  • hotel kalithea sun sky