Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows

Kalithea Ave. PO Box 203, Koskinou, Kallithea 851 00 Greece

As good as it gets

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"I had a great stay with my fiancé in Eden Roc Hotel. The hotel has a really modern style and was recently renovated. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean everyday. The outdoor places and the pool were amazing as well as the sea next to the hotel. The food was really good with big variety. Every night there was an event where we had a great time, although the city centre, where the night life is, was very close.

PS. The hotel was really romantic and I suggest it to all lovers!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of August 2009

Fantastic hotel with excelent situation and top services

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"First of all, I will agree with previous croatian post : this is very good value for money!

I will advise you to choose a bungalow which are excelent...Spacious and modern,They have everything you need...

The hotel is situated in the most picturesque bay I have ever seen! Very peaceful and quiet...If you are looking for lively nightlife nearby, you are in the wrong place cause there are only a few bars restaurants, bars and shops...There is everyday a boat on the beach taking you to lindos ...Very nice to do! I also recommend the glass boat where u can see teverything in the sea

Nevertheless , you are only 5 km far from busy rhodes town and 6 km far from Faliraki famous for clubbing...

As far as the meals are concerned, there is a large choice of very tasty food ( both greek and international)...A special mention for the very delicious cold buffet...always very well displayed...

And last but not least...The customer service....Everyone at the hotel do their best to make your holiday perfect...

I would love to congratulate the two best waitresses I have ever met : Anna and marita...VERY EFFICIENT....after 2 days, They already know your habits...They are excelent , very helpful and always smiling and friendly!

Yvonne at the shop is a very lovely dutch lady at the shop...always giving you good advises...She has been living there for 24 years ...So she knows what she talks about...

The front desk is also very helpful

As far asa the animation team is concernred, they are italian and very motivated and friendly...They should make an effort for the evening entertainment...weaker than daytime entertainment...

The majority of the customers are scandinavian and italian...a few germans, dutch and belgian

And Rhodes is a fab island!!!!

I can highly recommend this hotel...Only the evening entertainment helps me giving a 5/5"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of June 2009

Great surprise!! Luxury resort!

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I stayed in a suite of this hotel towards the end of September & first days of October last year - honestly I did not want to leave!!

This room was of the highest standard.. I have stayed in many resort hotels all over Europe – this suite was 5-STAR. A great experience. Beautiful, modern wood furnishings, 2 large flat screen tv’s and the biggest surprise ever: A TV in the Mirror – or rather a Mirror which turns into a TV when you switch it on!!! Fantastic – never seen anything like it before!!

Our Suite was fairly large, had a very convenient walk-in wardrobe and an excellent bathroom with both a bathtub AND a showerbox. Modern Italian washbasins (Luppi design!) and a refreshing rainfall shower system! Top class!!

The view was simply breathtaking.. I sat on the balcony for about two hours one evening and watched a wedding that took place beside the sea, next to the children’s swimming pool. It was a very romantic scenery.

I actually was informed that I was the first to stay in that suite as it had only been completed a few days before my visit. I also noticed that the hotel has a couple of even larger suites which were apparently not yet 100% completed at the time of my stay.

The hotel’s interior was also very nice. There is an elegant Champagne bar with live music for about an hour at before-dinner time. A picturesque pool (though I personally prefer the beach) - The hotel’s private beach was perfect, a beautiful natural bay with a mix of sand and small pebbles.

Moreover, the reception was very helpful and I could say that the staff was really polite. Breakfast was good enough, though my personal recommendation would be the Tavern (on the beach). The food there was really tasteful!

I can not wait until next summer to go back to this fantastic hotel!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of April 2009

Absolutely wonderful!! Top Location – Luxurious Ambience

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"I visited Eden Roc hotel in October 2008. Our room was 5 star standard, modern, very well designed with a nice bathroom and a large (lcd) Tv. Fantastic scenery and great beach - one of the few hotels with a private beach -

The hotel is located on a beautiful bay near Kalithea, where this side of the island has generally better beaches than the west side. The hotel has a beautiful Olympic-sized swimming pool plus another smaller one for children. (Apparently there is a 3rd swimming pool in the bungalow area but I did not visit)

The room that I stayed in had modern, very colourful furniture, it was very comfortable and clean! It was very well decorated - I really loved it…! As I was informed, most areas of the hotel had been renovated to a 5-star standard and the rooms had been renovated in 2008. I guess that explains why there were a few bad comments about this hotel in the past. Honestly I can NOT find another reason!!

Excellent Greek traditional food!! The hotel has a great taverna, right on the beach!! The food was perfect and I tasted fresh delicious sea-food drinking Ouzo! (I love ouzo!)

Major advantage of the Eden Roc is its excellent location. It is ONLY 10min from the city!!!! This is the 3rd time I visit Rhodes, and this is by far the best hotel I have stayed in. It had a very modern-luxurious ambience and all staff treated me as if I were a VIP!

This was a dream vacation, thank you Eden Roc !

Very satisfied!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of March 2009

Very good value for money

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Nice hotel. Most important- very good value for money. Excellent location, 10 minutes taxi ride to Old Rodos City, right on a beautiful beach. Decent food, OK rooms.
Great pool."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of February 2009

Fake Luxury!!

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"Do not get yourselves fooled by the lovely photos of this hotel!

Inside the hotel it is beautyful and the bungalows are nice too. But the rest... We, my niece and I arrived to the hotel in the afternoon and at the first dinner my niece got a big hair tangle in her moussaka. It was disgusting! Not one hair, a whole tangle with hair! You could not find one clean glas. Everyone had rests of lipstick and the glas were brown with filth. I think they maybe used washing powder once a week. It was really nasty! Greece has good food but not in this hotel. It is a all inclusive hotel and at this place it felt like a punishment to have all inclusive. The food was very very poor. The wine barrels were standing in the sun. You could not drink it! Only three drinks was included in the all inclusive and you did not even get all ingredience in the drinks. No grenadine in the San Fransisco for example. You could not drink the wine at the bar either.
There were not sunbeds for everyone. It was a constant war of getting a sunbed. People got up very early or in the night and layed their towels on the sunbeds. At the beach and the "garden" you had to pay 6€ for two sunbeds and a umbrella. We mostly stayed at the pool by the bungalows but it was a seawater pool and no shower. No bar there either so you have to walk to the main buliding for drinks and soda. We were filling up our 50 cl bottles with water or lemonade but week 2 we were not allowed to fill up the bottles with 7 up no more. We asked for three cups of 7 Up, which were ok and filled the bottles with them. Stupid people at the bar.
The entertainment sucked. Kids trying to be funny and the equipment was very poor. Playback and so on. We watched one time and never again. The entertainment was mostly in italian or greek also. The last day we found out that you could walk up to Sunwing Resort and watch their shows, which we did, and it was splendid! It was that kind of hotel we thought Eden Roc was.
We were very wrong!
So do not stay at this hotel if you want a nices place. We could not afford this hotel but booked it anyway to have som luxury and spoil ourselves but gosh we were wrong..... All that money for nothing. We ate breakfast there and had salad to lunch and went to Rhodos Town every evening for dinner.
Now I understand people which do not like All Inclusive. I have had it three times before and it has been lovely but this time we were really disgusted. It is the first time ever I complain about a hotel. I am not a fastidious person but this was NASTY!
Think again if you are concidering this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

Excellent hotel - loved the 'Eden Roc'

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I stayed in Eden Roc in August and I can say that the hotel was excellent . The room was very clean, very well equipped and fully air-conditioned. Sheets and towels were changed every day. The food in the buffet was very nice but the thing that I loved the most was the traditional Greek Food and the fresh fish in the ''Dichty Tavern'' of the hotel. My room had also an outstanding view and was pretty quiet. Finaly the staff of the hotel was very friendly and very helpful.
I would strongly recommend it and if I visit Rhodes next year or at anytime, this is the place that I will surely stay."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2007

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Eden Rock in July and found the Hotel very nice. I would agree with a 4 star rating. The food was excellent with plenty of choice at lunch or in the evening. The location is wonderful right on the beach. Although it is shingle it is very safe for children to swim in. We had a Bungalow which was spacious and very quite. The sheets and towels were changed every day. The staff were very friendly and nice. 3 Pools the only problem we found was that the pool at the Bungalows had no facilities for drinks or water and was a bit of a distance from the main hotel but it was normally quiet and peaceful. The hotel has mainly Italian guests and all the entertainment was in Italian. I would certainly book this hotel again."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL...IT HAS TERRIBLE ACCOMODATION

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"EDEN ROC HOTEL, RHODES, GREECE
STAYED END OF MAY AND FIRST WEEK OF JUNE 2007
"DISAPPOINTED, VERY UNCOMFORTABLE, VERY UNSATISFYING EXPERIENCE! "DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL"

We booked our accomodation through one of the travel agencies in Frankfurt, Germany. We were told the hotel is nice and is a four star hotel, and we are getting a good deal. However, it was one of the biggest disappointment. We came back from our vacation full of mosquito bites and other insect bites.

We recommend for anybody reading this to consider staying at other hotels. I was very surprised that it is a 4-star hotel. All nights that we stayed there was hot, uncomfortable and no air conditioning. We were told that there is air-conditioning by the travel agency but the hotel reception told us air conditioning is not going to be available until maybe the following week. And they couldn't do any thing about it. It is already summer and the temperature was hot, i don't understand why they could not turn it on. I really don't think they care for CUSTOMER SERVICE. Fortunately, the animation team and the bartender were nice and friendly. But the reception desk clerks and whoever the person incharge in the reception should be more accomodating. They just told us to open our doors and windows to get air. We expected at least a fan, but instead on our last night they gave us this light to put in the room to sway mosquitoes. It helped a little bit but by then we were all have been bitten by mosquitoes. IT WAS A TERRIBLE PLACE TO STAY. WE Expected this to happen maybe in a hostel but not in a four-star hotel. I want to know why air conditioning was not available although we told by travel agency that there was air-conditioning. It is the end of May and first week of June. It already hot outside."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2007

This place needs help!

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"I have always wanted to see Greece, and here I thought was the perfect place. The pictures on the L-Tur website looked beautiful: big,white hotel with olympic size pool against the deep blue sea. I only wished it was as good as it looked! L-Tur came through with wonderful service at a great price....like always. The problem here was the hotel. We arrived late and was brought to our "outlying" bungalow...10 minute walk from the main bldg. The bungalow was nice but the mattress of the full size bed (twin beds requested) was as hard as a rock! There was no "hotel information " booklet, so we didn't know which way the hotel was. Just tried to retrace our steps from the previous night. Missed breakfast (and coffee) the next morning because we didn't know the breakfast times....NO PLACE TO GET A CUP OF COFFEE IF YOU MISS BREAKFAST! NO-there is no room service, so don't think about ordering it! We couldn't even buy a cup-nothing was open that served coffee. Needless to say....we were not happy campers. We did make lunch....only to be herded into the dining facility like cattle. Breakfast times are 0700-0900, so don't think about sleeping late! The hotel was fully booked, with minimal dining room staff. We never sat at a cleaned table, and if we didnt get there when it opened...we missed out. The food was picked up one half hour before dining times ended, thus leaving many late-arriving guests with nothing till the next mealtime. They do serve cold, hard pizza in the bar for those brave souls. Meantimes are supposed to be 2 hours, but are only 1 1/2 hours, and most europeans like to sit and enjoy their meals.....equates to NO TABLES. it was a nightmare.
Well,after two days on our rock hard mattress, my friend could barely get out of bed. I requested that we move. After inquiring at the desk, I was told that a couple days later we could have a room in the main bldg...waiting for a large group to leave. The MANAGER told me the rooms were beautiful....5 star quality overlooking the ocean. (Our bungalow looked out over a cow field) We were very anxious to get moved. When the day came, we were able to inspect the room first. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! This room did not look out over the ocean, but into a pine tree! And the room was not 5 star quality....more like 2 star! Both beds caved in the center. We tried the beds and decided that caved in was better than rock hard, so we moved.
The "all-inclusive" for drinks was a joke.....as was the nightly entertainment. The bartenders were the slowest, unfriendliest people there. Entertainment was non-exsistent. We had to visit neighboring hotels for nightly entertainment, and had to pay for our own drinks. We both spoke to the manager several times concerning the dining room situation, along with the entertainment problem. He did attempt to correct both situations...will little success. I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS HOTEL IS RATED 4 STARS!!
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I feel like we wasted our time and money going there. Unlike other vacations, we could not wait to leave.
Consider this your warning."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of September 2006

Forget any negative reviews

Reviewed Mon 29th of June 2015

"Arrived at hotel about 9pm hot and tired... greeted at reception and told to leave cases and go to restaurant to get something to eat and drink as we had had a long journey soooo welcome. went back to reception to register and get room key we were told we had a lovely room .... YES it was.... view was fantastic ...beautiful bay ... able to hear the waves ...perfect.
unpacked and to bed....
Kalimera..... down to breakfast plenty of seating and great choice of food i defy anyone to say they were hungry ...there is loads to choose from even if you are a fussy eater.Out to the beach.... the beach is not golden sand but you can walk on it ok .. NO towels on the sunbeds GREAT..... plenty of sunbeds available...... sun cream on and chill out.... oh and for a refundable 10euros you can have beach towels.
We didn't bother to go in for lunch as although we were all inclusive just to have soft drinks, as much coffee as you want, and a beer or wine during the day was more than enough after the breakfast to see us through till dinner.
Kalispera....Dinner and again plenty of choices always at least three different type of meats all well cooked and always fish, veg and plenty of salads rice, cous cous and pasta .... happy smiling faces of the waiters and waitresses Hi Anna xx these people can't do enough for you ... Why are some people so rude to them GRRRR.
We spent the first few days on the beach and round the top pool(there are two) plus the children's one. then we went exploring .... the hotel is a great base ...a bus ride to Rhodes old town cost about 5euros each way for the two of us what a fantastic place to go to.... Lindos another bus ride away about 9euros each way A dream of a place to go to .... bus drivers are very good they know you are on holiday and so they tell you where you need to get off AND where to get the bus to get back .... oh although we are 65 and 70 we did go to Falaraki by bus as well (good old nan & grandad lool)...After a boat trip with Thomsons to Simi it was back to rest and relaxation for the rest of our two weeks holiday. Do i want to go back to Kalithiea again YES... will i stay at Eden Roc again YES...Would i recommend the hotel YES ....thank you for a great holiday ..we will be back very soon Xx
Oh and Gianetta Adrianna xx

• Travel date: Sun 28th of June 2015

Worried because of cheap price but AMAZING!

Reviewed Tue 4th of January 2011

"I cannot fault this hotel! The service, the surroundings, the staff, the decor, the food... everything was top class!

Staff made sure you were well looked after at meal times, the food was beautiful and the choice was plenty.

The pool is huge, more than enough sun loungers for guests.

The only thing I would point out is that there was still parts of the hotel that hadn't been modernised, however these parts were not expected to be used by guest and I'm pretty sure they will continue modernising them as they were modernising the whole hotel up to a very high standard.

I would recommend this hotel to couples looking for a nice relaxing holiday by the beach or pool. However, the hotel isn't very far from Faliraki (20 min taxi) so your holiday can be easily livened up.

Overall great hotel, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

• Travel date: Thu 30th of December 2010

Hotels near Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows

Stayed at Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows? Share your insight.

Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows is also called