Good

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week in Ma...

Reviewed Mon 26th of May 2008

"We stayed at this hotel for 1 week in May this year and found the experience to be quite enjoyable. Whilst the room was quite basic, everything was kept spotlessly clean and the daily maid service could not be faulted, the only critisism being that the towels were a little on the hard side. The continental breakfast provided was very good and was on a par with that of hotels of a higher star rating. As for the staff, we coudn't have hoped to meet more friendly and helpful people. I wasn't brave enough to venture into the pool myself, but was reliably informed of sub-zero temperatures !!. The lido area was excellent with plenty of sunbeds. Would we return ?, Yes, but to be fair, it is one of those hotels where a week at a time is adequate."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of May 2008

we flew to rhodes for our wedding.we wer...

Reviewed Tue 6th of May 2008

"we flew to rhodes for our wedding.we were made to feel very welcome.the staff were very helpful and even offered to iron our wedding outfits.the pool+surroundings were peacefull. there was a good selection of food at breakfast+pool bar.the rooms were basic,very clean+cleaned everyday.the owner of the hotel was often around,never too busy always made time to stop+chat.the gardens were pretty,full of flowers.the nearby bars always made us welcome especially the FBI bar with Valentino+Georgina.when we go back to Rhodes we will be staying at the Nathalie Hotel.Ixia"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of May 2008

Quiet

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Nice hotel - check the website - you can book direct.
Rooms basic but better than most greek b&b's - very clean. I stopped in a twin room small but adequate - shower was powerful and had an wall attachment - unusual for greece!
Staff fantastic
Small pool - probably not suitable for very small children - there's not much room to move poolside. Snack bar - very good cheap food.
Nice bar area with pool table and pinball.
Outside pergoda area.
Breakfast contiental - ham, salami, cheese, bread, croissants, egg, greek yoghurt, fruit, honey. decent coffee.
Hotel set away from main road so very quiet.
Ixia mainly a long strip with resterants and bars, pebble beach. We ended up in Rhodes town every night - 8 - 10 Euros in a taxi - good bus route also. Well worth a visit.
Visited during recent heatwave - 45C hotel has safes, fridges and aircon all payable locally. aircon 42 euros per week, safe 10 euros, Hairdryers, iron free to hire. Also has washing facilities and fans.
Lots of trips - cheaper through reception - very good.
I would reccomend this hotel - not that keen on Ixia - but great base for getting about. was going to book belside, solemar or cocstier (wrong spelling) - but couldn't get in - after looking at these whilst in Ixia am glad I didn't. Their on a really busy main road and I mean busy you take your life your hands trying to cross it.
Would I go back - yes for a relaxing break!!"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

best hotel

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"i stayed at this hotel with my parents back in may of this year having previously stayed there in May of 2004 and to be honest like it there so much that i wouldnt want to really stay anywhere else

the hotel is clean, friendly and peaceful - it is set back up a side road off the main street and so nice and quiet at night when you want to sleep and relaxing during the day

the snack bar at the hotel does nice food especially the roast dinners on a sunday

the breakfasts are quite adequate and there is always something different everday

i would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending anyone to stay at this hotel

tracy and clive"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of October 2006

not the best

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"Stayed at the nathalie for 2 weeks, staff very friendly. Breakfast didnt consist of much apart from toast, tea and coffee. Reception area and bar very clean, pity the same could'nt be said about our room. Towels were changed everyday but were so hard and full of holes you didnt want to use them. pillowcases were torn. We only had 4 small drawers in the room and was no were near enough storage for our clothes. Balcony was filthy and railings were never wiped. Overall we enjoyed our stay in rhodes but will not be staying at the nathalie again."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

IDEAL LOCATION

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Nathalie from the 5th July - 19th July 2006 on recommendations from this site and we were not disappointed. The staff were friendly with exceptionally clean rooms however
basic. Ideally located just up a quiet residential road and just a stroll from the main road which has numerous bars and restaurants to tempt everyone.

The local buses into Rhodes Town were frequent and easy to use and we would recommend spending a night on the tiles in Rhodes Old Town to experience the atmosphere and local Greek hospitality which we found amazing.

The Jeep safari is definately a MUST and takes you to parts of the Island that are you would not normally see - the breath taking views and beaches were both memorable and fantastic.

If you are looking for a quiet break - then this Hotel would be an ideal base to explore from and is only approximately 20minute transfer from the airport.

Neil and Rose - Cardiff"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

good base

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"we stayed at nathalie hotel from 14 - 28 June 2006

a good basic greek hotel...staff were friendly. ideal for couples or groups of friends..good location, close to local bars and restaurants. pool bar serves snacks but closes around 5 ish..small bar in reception which stays open till 01.00..laundry facility was available..air con was quite expensive but necessary as very hot while we were there..trips are cheaper if booked through reception. beach was shingle and mostly pebbles..would recommend eating at coconut restaurant and for snacks velois bar...5 minute taxi ride to rhodes town 6 euro..20 minute taxi to falaraki 15 euro....lindos is well worth a visit but there is lots of uphill walking...also went to turkey for the day good value but beware in the bazaar you are constantly hassled, not for the feint hearted..
we would definately go back in a few years time..."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of July 2006

I have been to the Greek Isles before an...

Reviewed Tue 24th of January 2006

"I have been to the Greek Isles before and have to say that the locals are some of the friendliest people I have ever met, they will try and do everything in order to please you.

This was no different when I visited Ixia in Rhodes with my Fiancé back in August. We stayed at hotel Nathalie which is located just off the main seafront road in Ixia close to local shops, bars and restaurants.

I was pleased overall with the accommodation which was clean, reasonably modern and had plenty of facilities including a large outdoor pool with ample sun loungers on the surrounding patio area, a snack bar which served alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages throughout the day together with toasted sandwiches, hot dogs, cold sandwiches and ice cream. The only negative side I could say about the hotel was its policies on Air Conditioning and cooling aids.

We were not offered a air conditioned room when we booked through Libra holidays and subsequently when we arrived did not have a room with air conditioning, we were however offered to rent a fan for a reasonable sum per day (I think 1.50 Euro).

This was adequate in keeping us cool, but to our amazement one time when we returned to our room the cleaner had turned the fan off (presumably) to save electricity. We felt that this was not necessary as the fan was needed to keep the temperature down throughout the day and evening. Anyway that’s only a minor point and not really one to bring up as I’m sure most hotels policies are the same. Moving onto the resort itself Ixia has a wealth of rational Greek tavernas and restaurants which offer a host of Greek and international cuisines.

Although we were in Greece we fancied Italian and decided to go to the nearest restaurant to our hotel, unfortunately I have forgot the name of it, but can recommend the food as I have never tasted Pasta or Pizza quite like it, the service was also very good with the usual smiles and banter.

Moving further along the main road there are other good restaurants and a bar which plays music until 1-2am in the morning, you will know which one I am on about as there is a man on a horse outside (not real by the way)......Had some fantastic late ones here!. Also visited Rhodes Town, Go to the drinking quarter if you like the late night atmosphere, otherwise stick to Rhodes old town by day.

Overall I can recommended this location and the Nathalie Hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of January 2006

bliss indeed

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"for anyone who wants a quiet and peacefull holiday, this is it. my wife and i have been returning to this hotel for the past 14yrs and will return again, god willing."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of January 2006

Excellent Hotel (small and friendly). Cl...

Reviewed Wed 16th of November 2005

"Excellent Hotel (small and friendly).
Close to beach and local bars/tavernas without being in the heart of it (Five minutes walk and no noise).

Staff / Owners excellent.

Breakfast basic but nice.

Shortish walk into Rhodes old town (approx 45 mins).
Highly recommend both the resort and the hotel (don't stop in the big hotels - it would take you longer to get to the front door than to get to anywhere of interest).

• Travel date: Wed 16th of November 2005

A fantastic break

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"I've just returned from a week in Ixia staying at the Nathalie Hotel. After a long days travelling we were greated by Katarina in reception who could not do enough to make are stay go as smoothly as possible.

The rooms were basic but met our requirements well. They were cleaned daily and kept in good condition. The hotel itself was about a five minute walk away from the main strip of bars and restaurants which was close enough to walk to but far enough away from the noise to relax by the pool.

The pool side snack bar was well equiped with plenty of drinks and John on hand to rustle up a tasty snack (The tortilla wraps were amazing!).

I'd definatley reccomend a trip to The Nathalie Hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2005

Arriving at the Nathalie Hotel after a r...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"Arriving at the Nathalie Hotel after a rather long days travelling we were met by very friendly staff who could not do enough to ensure our stay went smoothly.

Our room was basic but met our requirements well and the overall hotel was comfortable. Breakfast was served between 7.30am and 9.30am but snacks were available until 5pm from the pool side snack bar.

The hotel itself was a five minutes walk away from the main strip of bars and restaurants, close enough to walk but far enough to relax in peace.

With specials each day on the menu at the snack bar, Karaoke on a Friday night (No one gets out of it by the way!) and a warm and friendly welcome, I'd definitely recommend The Nathalie Hotel to anyone considering a trip to Rhodes.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005