Wouldnt recomend ever

Reviewed Wed 19th of October 2016

"The hotel was 3 star to be quite truthful it was basic the food was basic never had a hot meal you never had a glass to drink out of bar charged after 11pm plastic beakers broken tiles around the pool bath was very slippy had to leave towel in they charged for internet per device 30.00 fortnight air conditioning 50.00 a fortnight safety deposit box 30.00 total rip off maids would open curtains to let sun in all day didn't get any clean towels till 7pm rooms basic couldn't swing a cat on the balcony."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2016

Great place

Reviewed Fri 13th of May 2016

"A lot of people are moaning but they forget it's a 3 star hotel...the hotel is clean and the staff are very nice and helpful! great bar staff!the area is nice, and the local people are also friendly and helpful too."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of May 2016

anita,great girl

Reviewed Thu 11th of July 2013

"this hotel is brilliant.the staff are excellent.the cleaner comes every day,changes sheets towels,cleans the rooms,fantastic.
staff are great,nothing is too much trouble"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of July 2013

the hotel for cat lovers

Reviewed Fri 22nd of July 2011

"the solamar hotel is great if you like cats,the pool area is where they hang out leaving faeces around the sun loungers this was never cleaned during our ten day stay,the front of the hotel is lovely with a great bar and seating area but if like us you are all inclusive you have to walk round to the pool bar to get a drink given only in plastic containers,entertainment is very limited and guess where it was? you got it at the pool area with the cats poo. "

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2011

hotel solamar ixia

Reviewed Mon 8th of June 2009

"ixia as a resort ok but would not go again 1 week was enough.The beach was dreadful we knew it was sand and shingle but it was dirty with no facilities like the town dump!hotel Solamar was clean with pleasant areas.The pool was nice but the pool bar was expensive as was any extras eg safety deposit box.The meals were poor breakfasts adequate but the evening meals were awful wouldnt serve them to my cat.First time in Rhodes the old town and harbour area very interesting.Iwould return to Rhodes but not Ixia and definatly not hotel Solamar.also the main road running through the resort dangerous and a nightmare to cross"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of June 2009

My husband and I holidayed in Ixia for t...

Reviewed Mon 11th of August 2008

"My husband and I holidayed in Ixia for the first time as a couple however my husband had visited before with family some years back, so we knew what to expect from the resort with regards to the pebble beach.

Ixia as a resort is quite nice, its fairly local to Rhodes Town so an easy taxi ride, however be aware that the taxi rank (unless you can flag a taxi as you walk, which is by all means possible) is quite far up the coast line, so have your comfy shoes at the ready. Ixia has numerous bars and restaurants, but for 2 weeks holiday not enough to keep you from revisiting the same ones. We personally found Velois FBI bar to be very friendly and a great bar to drink & eat in... However please be aware of the price of soft drinks (in any bar in Greece!), in particular if you are ordering a pint of coke/lemonade alike, one pint of soft drink costs around 4-5euros! more expensive that a pint! that stung us a few times, and from what we saw many other tourists as well.

Dont get caught up by the scratch card people on mopeds on the main stretch! Its a good con and they had us sucked in ('wow you have 3 palm trees...., I can get you a free taxi return ride !?'), you end up spending ney-on 3 hours having a 'holiday club' sold to you. Dont bother walk on......!

Solemar as a hotel was not bad, really clean, great daily maid service... the pool is great, plenty of sunbeds, however I must say that the pool often needs de-leafing which we often took on the task as holiday-ers as the staff did not help out as much as you would expect. However having said that the water is clean otherwise, and has a large pool and kiddies pools.
The food is a bit hit and miss, with the breakfasts being a big miss for us, they serve 7-9.30am which is a bit early for us personally, and needs to be really worth it for us to get up that early on a holiday and for us was not worth the effort (biscuits, odd sausage & watery beans etc..), so we skipped that!
The evening meal was the hit and miss bit, pasta is always on the menu, and many odd fish and meat dishes (the salad & puddings were ok). I would say on a holiday of 14 days we ate in the restaurant max 10 times, and the rest out. We did spend extra money on food as a result (breakfast/brunch and some dinners) so probably could have afforded to stay all inclusive with the extra we spent.

To summarise Greece, Rhodes is well worth the visit, Solemar is a nice place to stay in, but stay self catering.. or go to an all inclusive hotel..

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

My husband and I have just returned from...

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2007

"My husband and I have just returned from a week at the Hotel Solemar in Ixia. Overall the hotel was good. Clean, comfortable and the staff were very accommodating. The food, I have to say, was dreadful. We managed to eat in the hotel only a few times it was that bad. Luckily the choice of good eateries nearby was extensive.

The beach in Ixia is made of pebbles and not that clean and as both my husband and myself are beach lovers we were very disappointed. We spent most of our holiday relaxing around the hotel pool. We did travel to Falaraki and go onto the beach there which was very nice but that again cost us extra money. 18 Euros by taxi each way and that, on top of us having to pay for food that we thought we had included in our holiday cost, was extra expense.

This was our first taste of the Greek Islands and although we did have a very good holiday, the extra money we spent on food and travel to and from a decent beach, we would have been better going to the Canary Islands.

We will try a holiday in Greece in the future but not in Ixia and certainly not at the Hotel Solemar.

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2007

We were party of 4 adults and 3 children...

Reviewed Sun 19th of August 2007

"We were party of 4 adults and 3 children and were very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and helpful staff on arrival and all through the holiday.

My husband, myself and daughter aged 12 stayed in a hotel room, others in our party 2 adults and 2 children had an apartment. Both typically Greek, basic, clean and showers from hell (but we are used to them now after 4 holidays in Greece). Didn't need air con as the island has a lovely breeze so sleeping in the heat was not a problem.

The apartments are set in groups and each has its own grassed area with tables and chairs under the trees, which were beautiful to sit in. Maid service daily and they were all so friendly. Pool was good expect that it dropped off at a steep angle very quickly. Pool area was good, enough sunbeds for everyone, pool bar staff very friendly but was quite expensive.

We stayed Half board, first time we have done this in Greece, and am sorry to say will be the last. OK there was always something you could find to eat but got fed up with Pork and fish. Tend to cater more for the Dutch. This is only reason for giving a 7 rating. If we went again we would go on a self catering basis.

Entertainment consisted of karaoke on a Monday night which was brilliant fun and everyone joined in no matter what nationality Brits, Scots, Dutch and Italian. Also a quiz night which was a good laugh. Happy hour every day but the times change so you have to look at board daily, we found drinks at the hotel to be more expensive than in bars.

Out and about - Went to Water Park (For the Kids) good value for money and absolutely massive, I kept getting lost but a great day had by all. Did the Symi trip, a little disappointed as this was on a huge ferry rather than the smaller vessels used for day trips, and was packed to the rafters. Symi was very beautiful but not a lot to do. Then back on board ferry to other side of island to the monastery of St. Michael, this was also a disappointment as its not a monastery any more, consisted of beautiful church and small museum and only had 3/4 hour there - but was enough- then back on the ferry! Certainly wouldn't recommend this trip.

Travelling by taxi was very in-expensive the fares are set prices, but bus service was brilliant (but sometimes squashed like sardines) and went into Rhodes by bus 1.80E several times fell in love with Rhodes old town a must to visit. Also went by bus to Trianta which was 1.30E on bus and about 10mins down road from Ixia. Loads to do a much bigger resort than Ixia really busy but beware of bars with no prices lists!

In Ixia we found a brill English Bar called Fat Man Slims (out of Hotel turn left about 5 mins down road). Did a mean English Breakfast and Sunday Lunch (this was when we were bored of hotel food). Also ate there on a couple of other evenings and food was excellent, good for kids as there were activities for them. Bar staff and owner Ray were great laugh and they had lovely comfy chairs to while away the hours.

Would probably go to Rhodes again but wouldn't stay in Ixia would want come where it's more lively."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

Horrible food! and cockroaches total let down

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"What can I say I read the reviews before hand, and was pretty scared about staying in this hotel. I have to agree with the bad reviews, to start with the food was terrible, and the lift did keep breaking down. We had problems with cockroaches and i returned to my room one morning to find they had just been swept under my bed by the cleaners. (disgusting)

Allthough the birds did not keep me awake as I found the noise quite calming, the hotel staff were friendly and the bartender Gabriella was great but thats as far as it goes, there isnt much to as Ixia ia a pretty quiet resort. However if you are going visit the Cabellerro situated on the stretch of restaraunts down the road, its a great place.9 it became our local) All I can say is dont be fooled by the marble reception, the hotel was a total let down, dirty and horrible food bt at least i was prepared for it.
Thats all i can say!"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2005

Great location!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"I read the reviews on this site and i was expecting a horrible hotel with dirty rooms and rude people! The hotel was basic the staff were pleasant and it was kept very clean! The food wasn't all that so would advise you not to eat there if possible self catering would be good! Other than that we had a complaint with one room, we couldnt sleep because of the birds and they moved us the same day! It's a great location, you've got to visit posseidonia bar! I would definately go back!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of January 2005

Avoid the Place

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Have to agree with your complainants. The place is a health hazard. Dirty rooms, dangerous swimmingpool,undercooked food.Try any of the other hotels. We checked them out, before moving to the excellent Hotel Elina. Beware!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of December 2004

Great

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"i'm from Luton, UK. i visited the hotel Solemar in June 2004. i stayed for two weeks with my partner, and i must say that it wasn't so bad as they say. I actually stayed at the apartments. the service was excellent, the room was always cleaned and the staff was very friendly.
the swimming pool was quite big better than what i was expected. the food was excellent i must say, it was proper greek cuisine.
the hotel is 50m far from the sea and 10' far from the town center.
i do suggest if anyone wants to visit Rhodes and stay in a very pleasant environment Solemar Hotel Apartments is a very good choice."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of December 2004

Hotels near Oceanis Park Hotel

Top traveller tips for Oceanis Park Hotel

• Christine Y by Christine Y

"enjoy the pool and the entertainment every night "

• holiday lover by holiday lover

"take a trip to rhodes town on the bus they run regular from out side the hotel "

Oceanis Park Hotel is also called