MAIN POOL

Good
Good

good food, good service poor garden apartments..

Reviewed 25th August 2011

"We booked our holiday over a year ago, and were really looking forward to it, we got there and when we checked in to the hotel we were taken over the road to our app, we paid extra money to have a sea view out of the hotel and did not get it, there were no kids clubs for our teenage child, well there were but we only found out the day before we left. we had an ant infestation which was poor, we also book to have a separate toilet to the bathroom which we never got,the rooms were clean but the floor tiles were broken and the bathroom door was hanging off, We only saw the rep when we arrived and departed, room numbers 600-700 are against a busy road, through the night all we heard was mopeds, quadbikes going up the road pulling wheels at a rediculous time of the morning, this is the worst holiday we have had with THOMSON. We will not be going bk to greece again... "

• Travel date: 21st August 2011

Fantastic

Reviewed 19th April 2011

"What a fantastic hotel. Spent a week, but wish we had had two. Cant fault the place. Everywhere is spotless, rooms massive, food wonderful. Hot and plenty of choice for each mealtime. Lovely staff (christina at the pool bar is amazing) and dmitras made us laugh in the evening. Entertainment so-so, but I am sure it will get better as the season goes on. Wish I was going again tomorrow. If you have booked this hotel, you will have no worries and a perfect holiday."

• Travel date: 19th April 2011

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed 14th September 2010

"Well we have just returned from our second hol at Atlantica, on 2/09/10. Best hol weve had standards same as before Excellent. On fourth floor room 404 overlooking pool very comfortable and clean. Don't know what the moans are about the noisy entertainment, it stops at 11pm which is not bad, even with kids. The food was superb and varied, each night I counted 6 possible variations of main meal. There was a kids meal section doing everything from burger and chips to sausage and mash, YOU SIMPLY MUST TRY THIS MASHED POTATO!! also I could have made up possibly 4 different salads every day. The staff (and I hate using that word) especially after the way they took care of us during our stay were fantastic. To name a few- Maria at reception, Christina & Nickolas behind the pool bar, Alexandross and the guys in the restaurant. Thankyou so much. A mention also to the entertainment team- Rick, Jimmy T, Emma, Stacey, and Kelly. You guys work so hard to keep the show going it was brilliant, well done everyone. Rick I think I'm permanantly damaged after watching you and Jimmy T in your Tutu's. I've never laughed so much. Also a mention to the waterhoppers diving club, they come to the hotel every wed and you can have a free trial in pool, I went diving/snorkelling with these guys- Paul lucy etc for the day and had one of the most fantastic days diving ever. Nothing was too much trouble and they devote every effort to your enjoyment. please give them a go if you've never dived before your in for a real treat. In all we are completely depressed being back home, but we are comforted knowing we will definatley see all our friends at Atlantica again soon. Thankyou all for a great time. The Dinsdale family. "

• Travel date: 14th September 2010

excellent holiday especially entertainment

Reviewed 20th July 2010

"Rated hotel 9 but if resort included would reduce overall mark to 6. First downside. There is little to do in the resort, a few shops, restaurants, bars mostly quite a walk away. Hotel 50mtrs from pebbly beach, nothing much there but dip in the sea makes refreshing change from the pool. Now the good bit. We found the hotel excellent, staff friendly and helpful (english widely spoken and understood). Rooms clean and air conditioned,I would suggest getting a room with sea view as others overlook pool/bar/entertainment area. Food was buffet style but plentiful and varied,something for everyone. Top of the tree must go to the entertainment team who work so hard with daytime activities and evening shows (look out for the Dance of Joy). I give them 10/10. They made our holiday, especially one young singer/dancer ( won't mention her by name)who went out of her way to talk with us and saw us off when we left. We stayed there 3-10/7/10,before english school holidays,so it wasn't overcrowded. If you want to get out and about the bus service to Rhodes Town is frequent and there is car hire at the hotel. We would gladly go back there again. Dave Perry and family "

• Travel date: 18th July 2010

Excellent 2. Weeks all inclusive 2nd June 2010

Reviewed 12th July 2010

"Well we returned back from Rhodes 17th June 2010 having the best 2 weeks ever! The hotel is very clean and rooms are excellent, the food choice was exceptional really was! The enternainment was great in the evenings, which I did participate in ha ha especially mr universe comp which we have been laughing at recently on video footage, plus kicking the poor Greek guy dancer in the head ha ha cause I didn't manage get my leg over his head. I think the team rick jimmy yes tumble, alex and emma were brill during the day too running the activities . I intend too return next year hopefully, we met some lovely friends from Scotland David dawn heather, and the Docksey isle of Wight family really lovely people, fab holiday thanks again 10/10 ."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2010

excellent!

Reviewed 17th November 2009

"Me and my family went to Rhodes and stayed at the Atlantica Princess Hotel In Oct 2009. he hotel was amazing and the staff was so friendly. They always went the extra mile and accomadated the kids. The food was excellent...myself being a vegetarian had loads of choices to eat! They had a good range of children food aswell as adults. We had a family room and it was really spacious, howver they turn the air conditioning off in October therefore we were struggling in the night. It is a season of mosquitoes, therefore go prepared. The entertainment in the evening was really good and we really enjoyed it. They had entertainment for the kids aswell as the adults all through out the day. I booked my holiday through Thomson's. The reps and the kids club were excellent. My kids really enjoyed the kids club and are missing it very much. The location of the hotel is not that good, there is nothing really nearby it if you are considering walking and sight seeing. Rhodes town centre is about 10mins away in Car..the taxi fares were reasonable, it costed about 12 euros going into town and coming back was 10 euros. Shopping at Marmaris in Turkey is really worth going. We went privately without Thomson rep and it costed half of what Thomson was asking! Good shopping for Bargains. The seaside is very pebbley, there is no sad to be seen!! However the sea is BLUE!!! Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for a family stay. It is friendly and the staff are very accomadating. I would go back to this hotel as it is worth the stay! "

• Travel date: 16th November 2009

excellent

Reviewed 7th October 2009

"have just returned from a 2 week stay all inclusive at the atlantica princess the food was very good but after ten days became a bit boring the staff especially christina what a lovely friendly pleasent lady were excellent and very helpful the hotel was spotless our room was lovely with a garden view and mountain view the hotel beware the female hotel photographer if she takes your picture she will expect you to buy it she was very rude to me and my wife when we didnt want to buy our pictures the pool area is excellent lots to do and the entertainment staff were very good especially jimmy t (aka wicky bear)rhodes old town is lovely and would recommend a visit to lindos but not through thomson sigma travel ten minutes from the hotel is half the price thomson charge with an english speaking guide all inclusive is a must as very expensive around and about but all in all would definately visit again "

• Travel date: 6th October 2009

A Holiday is when your truely relaxed.

Reviewed 22nd September 2009

"I have recently returned from a fantastic holiday at the Atlantica Princess.Our party consisted of myself ,my husband and 6yr old daughter. In addition we went with friends who also had a daughter 6, and son 3. To say I was anxious about a holiday abroad was an understatement as my daughter suffers from severe food allergies and I was concerned regards the food but had resigned myself to 10 days of chips!! would not hurt. However the food was fantastic and the staff amazing the chef would come out each meal time and go through all the choices available for my daughter to eat and would go out of their way to provide anything additional that she wanted. This service alone took great pressure off us as a family and allowed us to truelly relax and have a fantastic holiday in lovely accomodation and with very good company. The first choice kids club was 1st class and the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves as did we. The entertainment staff worked tirlessly and never appeared fed up with their full time job!. I would most definately recommend this hotel and feel we have been spoilt!"

• Travel date: 16th September 2009

Lovely hotel

Reviewed 31st August 2009

"Just got back after a week - 2 adults, 2 children - Atlantic Princess. Would highly recommend this hotel - food was excellent, staff very friendly, helpful and efficient and rooms and public areas well maintained and very clean. We had 2 minor requests during our stay - I asked for an extra pillow and the maid had brought it to the room before I got back and our balcony door jammed - the maintainance chap fixed it within 10 mins of us reporting it. Next to the food quality as a high point was the availability of sunbeds throughut the day - we did reserve ours at about 8-8.30 when we stayed at the hotel for the day but no getting up at some ungodly hour to put your towels down! We were half board but upgraded to All Inclusive for 3 days which suited us and what we wanted from our holiday. It costs 18 euros for adults 10.50 kids/day and was well worth it. The buffet lunch alone was worth this with a few drinks. You did have to queue for drinks but the bar staff were very efficeint so it was never for longer than a few minutes. You can book a minimum of 3 days and break the holiday up a bit if you wanted to spend a few days away from the hotel. The entertainment staff were lovely and worked very hard - there was lots going on in the day if you wanted to join in but the evening entertainment wasn't really up to much. The hotel sits on a beach but it is very pebbly. It was hot (av. 37degrees) but comfortable due to a lovely breeze. A small walk into Trianta (10mins) takes you to a variety of shops and resteraunts but there are a few right next to the hotel. A little road train runs hourly and is a good way to find your bearings early on in the hoiday and see the area around the hotel. Rhodes town is a good day out (15 mins / 10 euros Taxi)and the water park at Faliraki is worth it too. If you want to visit Lindos a boat trip from Rhodes town is best - but the boats leave at 9.00 am and you need to book the day before. We didn't hire a car but the taxis were very good and efficient. At dinner the adult men were expected to wear long trousers and they were strick about this - so pack a few light pairs!!"

• Travel date: 30th August 2009

Was this a 4 star hotel??

Reviewed 17th August 2009

"We arrived i may 2009 to this hotell. We had booked a 2 rooms appartments, first floor, but got 2 floor, and to rooms with to floors. (2 and 3.th floor) With 2 small children this was not good, stars and no doors to looked so they could sleep quitly. The appartments layes just abowe the hotell and pool. I think it was a bit old furnised, and balkonies was porly, old and smaaaaal. There was trafic between appartments and hotell, and it made a lot of noise, and scary for the kids, so they needed to be watched all the time going over to the pool. The staff working there was not giving us good wibes or service. They seemed negative and we didnt feel so welkome. (lunsj place) The luch wasent good eather. Dinner was better, but man has to have throuses. It said it was near beach, but for kids the beach is awfall. Big stones, waves and not a good place to play. Its all inklusive but to get a drink, coffe, bear daytime you need to stand in a long que, order drink and tell your room number, then move on to other side off bar and give them a note off your order, and then get it. the stuff working there too was so negative... ive been to many all inclusive hotell, and getting drinks and soo on has never been worse like this. Pool was nice, and good stuff to do for kids and grown ups. We moved to another hotell after 2 days couse we were wo disepointed.... this is a 3 star hotell...not 4..... "

• Travel date: 14th August 2009

Atlantica Princess Holiday

Reviewed 11th August 2009

"Having visited the Atlantica Princess Hotel 2 years ago, we were looking forward to visiting again. Our second visit met our expectations and was as good as the first. Our party consisted of myself, husband, son (aged 7), and parents. It was great to see all the friendly staff again, and we were remembered. We received a basket of fruit and wine in our room on the first day, and a surprise cocktail from our favourite waiter at the bar. The service from the hotel staff was excellent, and they could not do enough to ensure you were enjoying your holiday. The rooms were always kept clean, and so was the poolside, staff were out at 6.00 am cleaning the pool and surrounding area. The food was excellent and there was plenty of choice, even for the picky eater. A great variety for children from the usual chips to all sorts of pasta and sauces. In the evenings there was a variety of themed nights, from Italian, Greek, Oriental etc. The entertainment staff were also pleasant and ensured you were happy. There was a variety of games on through the day. Whilst the evening entertainment was good, it was a let down on our previous visit. We felt there was too many singing shows and not enough audience participation, such as fund game shows etc. But everyone has their own taste. After two weeks, we had heard a certain member of the team sing enough. Overall, it was a great holiday with really hot tempatures at this time of the year."

• Travel date: 7th August 2009

lovely hotel

Reviewed 28th July 2009

"Me and my boyfriend stayed at the atlantica princess for 2 wks the end of june & it was one of the best holidays we've had. I was a bit worried after reading reveiws as it seemed more like a family hotel, but we had nothing to worry about. The kids reps and entertainment staff were great with the kids but there were other couples there aswell. CHECK IN- We arrived to the hotel about 9pm after a 15 minute journey which was good, we checked in straight away and were given our all inclusive wrist band and room number, we even had time to have a quick dinner. POOL- The pool is lovely its not massive but is big enough to have a swim. we went the end of june and theres no need to get up early to get a sunbed many places you have to be up at 7.00 to get one, it wasnt like this at all. After a few late nights we didnt go down to the pool till lunch time and there was still plently of room.Its fun watching everyone play water polo aswell. FOOD- The food is lovely, i was quite worried as im a fussy eater but i found somthing i enjoyed every day. the desserts are tp die for. brekfast got a bit boring after the first week but lunch and dinner was lovely. BEACH- The beach is next to the hotel with sunbeds,it was a pebble beach which we new already from the brochure so wasnt dissapointed. i wasnt to keen on a pebble beach but it wasnt actually that bad. The sea was so clear and warm and wen you get in its all sand.we went to falaraki beach for the day but the sand was just to hot to walk on, and the sea it not as clear. ENTERTAINMENT- The entertainment was great, wasnt broadway shows but if you want that dont go to places like this. The entertainment team are great and always try and keep you happy. bingo every nite which we won 100 euros. the kiddys disco every nite which was fun to watch. we enjoyed the mama mia show and karaoke.didnt really like the greek night which was on twice while we were there but we went out them nights. ravashing rick is great. STAFF- Ive never been to a hotel whos staff are as helpful and friendly as here, they cant do enough for you. 10/10 ROOM- Rooms are a good nice with everything you need, hairdryer, fridge, air con. nice size balcony, tv. LOCATION- The location is good, its quite a quiet area but still has shops and you can get a little train from outside the hotel to takr you up to more shops. TRIPS- We went on a few trips, we went to turkey for the day which was good, very very hot but worth going. bought loads of t.shirts for cheap.we went to falaraki water park for the day which is also worth doin, the only downside is you have to get a taxi as no buses run to there from where we were. went to rhodes town which is also good espeically at night. falaraki beach was about 15mins away which was lovely but the sand was too hot to walk on. Overall this hotel is lovely and is defenatly worth going to. would love to go back one year. Another thing if you travel with thomson or portland the reps are fantasic always around when you need them and always see them walking around for a chat. 10/10 "

• Travel date: 26th July 2009
  • ...

Hotels near Atlantica Princess Hotel

Top traveller tips for Atlantica Princess Hotel

• by donna1811

"Politeness goes a long way here, and rhodes old town at night is a must."

• by Debs.wales

"Good base to stay in Rhodes - close to airport"

• by John Boy

"Definatley give it a try go all inclusive"

• by dawn.greenwood

"Ixia is a small town with a variety of good shops within easy walking distance of the hotel"

• by postie dave

"great hotel, not so good resort, use as base to see island"

• by hira's

"Old town Rhodes and Maramis shopping in Turkey"

• by hira's

"Excellent for a family holiday!"

• by mckechnie

"All the restuarants looked excellent (we were A/I)"

• by mark reeves

"lindos and rhodes old town"

• by sissel_dahl

"Ixia place is nice, hotell was not good"

• by chrissy 56

"rhodes old town and lindos"

• by J M M KENT

"We loved trip to Rhodes Town and Lindos, would recommend a visit to both ensuring you have plenty of"

• by J M M KENT

"Just a Noddy train ride away with many shops ideal for holiday supplies"

• by tej

"rhodes old town fantastic only 10 euros in cab good for day or night"

Atlantica Princess Hotel is also called