About LABRANDA Blue Bay Resort

• tv rtr planeta russia
  • water park

Extremely disappointed

Reviewed 3rd October 2016

"My husband and myself have just returned from our holiday staying in the Blue Bay hotel. I wish I could recommend it to others but no I wouldn't like anybody to be as dissatisfied as we where. Stained mattresses with bed linen which was tread bare and hardly covered the mattress. There was a massive gap under the door. General cleaning needed attention. Food not a good standard and drinks again poor quality. Could go on and on but just makes me feel really sad about our experience. "

• Travel date: 1st October 2016

HOLIDAY CHAOS

Reviewed 30th September 2016

"Just back to-day hotel is clean and staff work hard, meal times are chaos, the food is shameful (one night it was chicken wings in gravy) the water park looked good and the swimming pools also were good, the lounge bar with entertainment you have to pay for your drinks, or go to the beach bar and get a plastic cup drink, and bring it back to the lounge 300m after queuing, airplanes fly over at 300m day and night the noise is horrendous, they cannot cater for the amount of people staying at the hot, we went September 16 it was full of Russians with babes, they smoked everywhere, the smell of smoke in all the corridors is strong, take a tip go to lindos. "

• Travel date: 21st September 2016

Horrfic

Reviewed 30th June 2015

"I don't know where to start worst place ever unless your eastern European or a group booking. My partner booked holiday through on the beach 2 weeks all inclusive in a superior double room when we arrived at midnight on 20 of June we were checked in and had to drag our suitcases a long way behind an elderly gentleman to another so called hotel and left there after being told where the lift was and room number. Bearing in mind was pitch black no coffee or any drink offered no info about rep.we opened the door to find we were in one of the worst rooms you could have two single beds with mattresses stained all over, a huge block TV,a shower that only had hot water a rusty old enamel bath, the balcony was a little triangle with a broken table and wires hanging off outside walls with no view. Wires hanging out where TV should be plugged in. We stayed there that night because was so late.went down in the morning to main hotel to ask to be moved only to be told that we couldn't because hotel over booked. We asked for money back to find some where else and was told by the most arrogant older woman I have ever met just to get on with it more or less. We later met the animation staff who were absolutely fantastic fufu and Dido and two lovely young ladies. Bar staff brilliant food average desk management useless we were told by someone staying there that we had been put in Sunland the oldest part away from hotels and mainly just for staff it is actually called slum land by other tourists it should have been pulled down years ago. I had a shower standing in the old enamel bath no slip mats no handles on bath or wall to hold I pulled shower curtain over and fell badly damaging my arm it is now bruised badly and swollen very painful. I showed them at the desk and was given cooling spray and told it happens.our TV only gave us BBC world news was told that's all we got in Sunland and that broke within 3 days the electrics went off so couldn't move in the night because it was pitch black.so as you can tell not happy considering what my partner paid to stay there it was so bad that we have had to move out to another hotel until sat 4 July which is ridiculous no compensation offered totally disgusted with the place I'm am writing this so you know what to expect if you are a couple or with one child don't expect much there was two Swedish families in the same situation as us. So if you want a lovely holiday don't stay there. Rhodes itself is the most beautiful place and we'll worth seeing just wouldn't advise anyone especially couples to stay at blue bay.I would advise anyone thinking of booking through on the beach not to we have tried to contact them several times and left on hold then phone cuts out so very expensive. "

• Travel date: 30th June 2015

Blue bay Nightmare

Reviewed 8th September 2014

"We arrived late at night to be told the rooms we had booked for my son and his partner and my husband and I were not there so we had to stay in a family room for three nights. The food was not fit for purpose I would not give it to a dog. The sunbeds were very scarce if you didn't get up at five in the morning you didn't get one. The drinks were watered down the lemonade was just soda water. The reception staff were very rude telling us they didn't care. If you want a good holiday please don't go to the Blue Bay its WASTE OF GOOD HARD EARNED MONEY"

• Travel date: 5th September 2014

Definitely not 5 Star All inclusive

Reviewed 12th January 2012

"This was my first time all inclusive and based on this holiday, I would not go all inclusive again. The food was dreadful as was the service and cleanliness of the dining room,it put me in mind of an army barracks.The dining room staff were extremely unhelpful just a shrug of the shoulders. For the prices charged I expected something better than what I got.I would not holiday there again and would not recommend it to anybody I know"

• Travel date: 11th January 2012

A lot of jets day and night

Reviewed 23rd June 2011

"This hotel is located on the northwest coast of Rhodes, in the middle of nowhere, along a pebble beach swept by a strong wind, it is an excellent spot for wind surfing and kite surfing ... The main disadvantage is that you can hardly sleep because of the way day and night (4am sometimes!) Of medium-haul aircraft landing in the end, 300 meters above sea level. Another drawback is the size of the restaurant is way too small, forcing the service to be spread over more than two and a half hours. The menus are very convenient and varied, but it's not really the all inclusive because the pay and sunbeds are much drink, too. The evening "Greek" at 18 euros is much more interesting than that proposed by Marmara is a rip off at 43 euros (+ one hour and a half of transport!). "

• Travel date: 21st June 2011

Rip Off

Reviewed 9th June 2011

"I paid for a five star hotel in miramar but it was changed at the last minute and we were sent to the blue bay on 23/05/11 for 14 days all inclusive, what a rip off this is definatley not five star i went with my husband for his 65th birthday, there is only one restaurant, and the food is the same every day for lunch and dinner, it was like a cattle market when you go in, waiting for the tables, the staff are run off their feet. Then the food runs out no plates or glasses for your drinks, there is only one bar for your drinks and the waiter serves so slow there is always a long que, they actually asked us to pay for the sunbeds by the pool, 3 euros per person per day, we were all inclusive but had to pay, there was no air condition in the room and bewere the noise of the planes coming in to land nearly drove us mad you are in the direct flight path of incoming planes, as far as i am concerned we were ripped off and i wouldn't recommend this to any one "

• Travel date: 8th June 2011

sham

Reviewed 14th October 2010

"me and my partner went to blue bay bk in 2006..it was my first time aboard...went all inclusive...after a 8hr flight delay we lost a whole day of holiday so we landed at 2am to b told our hotel was over booked and we had been upgraded to the blue bay....wow when u walk in there..but the food was disgusting,,,same menu day in day out....the alcohol was like drinking syrup..which is not what u want when u have paid 2k for allinclusive....many times we went for breakfast and was joined by COCKROACHES and the staff wasnt bothered..the brits went out there way to kill um there selfs....the germans were very rude always barging in front of ya..and even tho a sign is up saying NO TOWELS were to b put on sun loungers round pool u cud guareentee bang on 6AM they were out grabbing them so u cudnt relax by pool...such a shame really coz made some nice british friends out there and we use to chip in and go into rhodes town and have a good night out and decent food...i wouldnt recommend this hotel to anybody...."

• Travel date: 14th July 2010

Really Looked After

Reviewed 14th May 2010

"My two daughters and their family's were really looked after by the hotel, after being moved there from another location, due to the Volcanic Ash Cloud over Europe stopping them from flying back to the UK. I visited them in the week that they were there and was very impressed as were they with the Hotel.My grandchildren had so much fun, little faces of dissapointment when they had to leave. We all would recommend this Hotel to family and friends. I would like to thank all staff and reps for their kindness and for looking after my family extremly well in a time of so much uncertainty. Thank you all once again, A Very Happy Mum xx"

• Travel date: 12th May 2010

Excellent hotel and friendly staff

Reviewed 29th April 2010

"The blue Bay Hotel was excellent. The Staff were extremeley friendly, the rooms were spacious and the sea views were outstanding. The beach is not the best but it's not that bad. We went in April 2010 which is low season and the entertainment team were fantastic, they make a real effort with all the guests. The hotel is a good half hour walk from trianda however there are a small handful of bars and shops by the hotel. The food was okay. It got a bit repetitive but thats to be expected. I would highly recommend the hotel itself. Please ignore other comments about it being a filthy place. It really is NOT! "

• Travel date: 28th April 2010

Stay AWAY!

Reviewed 2nd November 2009

"The dirtiest hotel in my life what I ever see. The room, the bathrooms, the beach, the restaurant, everything at all. The staff in not friendly, and the managment is not helpfull. The food is terrible: every day the same, cold, no taste, no greec foods. The all inclusive drink are horrible, the plastic glasses are dirty and smelling. The nearest village is half our, only the small supermarket is near. The only good thing is the animation, they work hard to entertain you, but thats it. If you want to have a good holiday in a good place DONT CHOOSE Blue bay!"

• Travel date: 31st October 2009

do not go here if you want entertainment, fun

Reviewed 7th October 2009

"I booked this holiday, through Jetline travel, its wasn't cheap, but reasonable, i payed for all inclusive. As i turned up and saw reception was very happy and thought wow. After being checked in to our room which was OK, we commenced our holiday, which was completely rubbish, terrible food, the selection of drinks on all inclusive was a joke, 6 euros for a cocktail in the hotel bar, oh and if your on all inclusive, you have to go outside to a skanky shack with a rude barman who cant be bothered to serve you. Entertainment, was ridiculous, all i can say is Greek male idiots dancing around trying to be funny dressed up as a women almost every night, if you wanted to have some half descent entertainment that was an extra 18 euro's for Greek night, what a con. I could probably go on for pages and pages writing how bad and disastrous this hotel is but all i can say is please don't go here, your be terribly dissapointed, oh yeah 1 bar and 1 restaurant within walking distance, so take lots of money for taxis. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED, OVERLOOK THIS DESTINATION AND GO SOMEWHERE YOU SAVED UP ALL YEAR FOR,WHERE YOUR GET WHAT YOU DESERVE AND EXPECT. "

• Travel date: 6th October 2009

Hotels near LABRANDA Blue Bay Resort

Top traveller tips for LABRANDA Blue Bay Resort

• by shoppie

"we went 2 lindos and down 2 rhodes old town which was grear"

• by shoppie

"i would tell them 2 go there 4 defo they would love it"

• by bal

"Located well for Rhodes Town and Old Town is a must.Clean well run plenty for the kids to do"

LABRANDA Blue Bay Resort is also called