Labranda Blue Bay Resort

Ialyssos Beach, Ialyssos 851 01 Greece

Good

Excellent holiday!

"Went to blue bay this august and it was fantastic. . . the animation team are fab especially Jimmy and Billy!! What natural entertainers. . . We will definately go back. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Hotel very clean and staff very helpful. Lovely pool. Had sea view room which was added bonus! have stayed in 4* and 5* hotels and this was the best at only a 3* so i definately recommend blue bay. Only downside(tho didnt bother us) was the aeroplanes that fly over the hotel so some noise!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of August 2006

Wonderful location, facilities and weather- but not for us....

"First a bit of background. When we started looking at this hotel we couldn't understand the lack of reviews here - the last one is still from October 2005. Well first off the Hotel details at the top of the review page are for a different hotel! The reviews are definitely about the Blue Bay between Trianta and Kremasti but the Hotel's pictures are somewhere else. Anyway we were confused so maybe that's the answer. Another thing, the complex also includes the SunLand apartments which share the Blue Bay's facilities which does have more up to date reviews (not good) on TA.

We went with Thomas Cook and the brochure warned that renovations were underway - scheduled to be finished in May. Well we arrived on August 16 and whatever it was before the accommodation is now superb! We (my wife, grown up daughter & myself) had a family room (separate bedroom and seating area with sofa beds) overlooking the pool and sea - wonderful view! Furniture was all brand new and I've never seen so much storage space - terrific!

On the ground floor there's the main restaurant, reception, shop and a really nice (cash) bar. If you want all the inclusive drinks you'll need to go to the pool bar or taverna where they serve beer, wine, spirits (Vodka, Rum, Ouzo or Brandy) and soft drinks in plastic tumblers.

The beach is the best part, lovely breezes and coarse dark sand. However the shore line itself is very pebbly. You'll need some some sort of foot protection just to get in and out but they do sell special shoes in the shop for 5-10 euros which do the job nicely.

All told if you looked at this hotel without the guests or very early in the morning you'd think you'd found paradise (see photos). Unfortunately you haven't. The place is heaving not just with our friends in black Speedos from Germany but also some of their unpleasant cousins fom other parts of Europe. We found ourselves queuing for everything - which was perhaps pretty silly as most people there seemed to think a queue was just an opportunity to push in front. Don't even think about a sunbed unless you're in your starting blocks with towels ready before 7:00 am. The entertainment is aimed squarely at German children, teenagers and their parents. There's an enormous speaker system to the side of the pool and if you're lucky enough to have a pool view room you wont be spending in any relaxation time in there between 11:00 and 23:00.

I can imagine for families with children/teenagers this place could work out great but if you're looking for a relaxing beach holiday and a quiet meal and drink in the evening go elsewhere."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

Fantastic holiday!

"I thoroughly enjoyed this holiday. It was the first holiday me and my partner had taken together and I couldn't fault any part of it. The room was very very clean - the cleaners came every day except for Sunday. The bathroom facilities were fine - hot and cold water at all times. Unfortunately the room that we were given was one of the lower floors that hadn't been "done up" as yet, but we had a gorgeous sea view and a big balcony. Anyway as per other reviews - who wants to go to Greece and stay inside for two weeks anyway!! The staff/entertainment team were fantastic. Very friendly and very polite, especially Jacob, Fedra and Mo Mo from bar/entertainment staff and Nikolaus(Not sure of spelling) from the bar that you pay at - great cocktails! . The food was very nice, Neither me or my partner were ill all holiday. However it was our first all inclusive holiday ever and we had been told that the snacks were not up to scratch - but we ate enough at meal times so didn't really bother with the snacks. It is worth hiring a car to see the rest of Rhodes as it is a very beautiful island, especially Lindos and Rhodes Old Town. I would definitely consider, in fact not even consider, I will definitely be coming back at some point!! The all inclusive bar has a bit of a patio area that leads down to the beach - literally about 10 steps. This is definitely a plus point. Again, what a fantastic holiday at a fantastic place."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of October 2005

loves the hotel really and pino really

"it was a great hotel cause of the great entertainment and pino was absolutily FINE!!! (hes was bloody hott!)
the hotel was really fab too, and look out for billy cause he is a good entertainer and he is extreamly funny!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of October 2005

what can i say

"I felt that the majority of my stay was ok. Yet I found a few problems such as the air conditioning wasnt working properly, the food was very repetative over two weeks, the all inclusive drinks were awful you may describe them paint striper mixed with cheap cola. If you wanted a late check out you had to get up early on the day od departure to see availabilty, if like me a late check out was not available a curtosy room was offfered if that was available. To describe that curosy room is difficult, you walk into what seams like a sauna, in my case i had to ask for towels as there was just a pile of dirty towels in the corner. I then proceded into the shower where you find mould on the door and its also on the ceiling where you get changed. i had my shower and still felt dirty.
Over all the rooms in the hotel were basic but on my holiday that suited, the curtosy room well less than impressed. I do have to say though that the entertainment staff were absolutely amazing they not only entertained the children they entertained the adults through the whole day and the night time.
The hotel is more suited for the family holiday not a young couple, the night life is limited to a local bar next to the hotel.
The holiday was enjoyable, thanks to the entertainment staff and the company arround the pool, the staff work hard but there is a few areas of improvemnt."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of September 2005

Great for Families

"We've been to the Blue Bay twice now, and we're going back again later this year. We feel it is a little tatty in parts, the bathrooms are outdated,
but you dont stay in the bathroom, well we dont! The entertainment is good, excellent in fact, all day long if you join in! As for food,well it can't be easy to cater for all the likes and dislikes of the amount of people who go through there in a season, we would say it is perhaps a bit repetative, at worst. We like to get out and eat so we do go out once or twice during our stay, into Rhodes Old town/Mandraki Harbour just for a change. The hotel put on barbecue evenings which we're lovely, extra cost which we felt was a bit naughty, but well not a great deal, and they were very good indeed. Overall it is a pretty good deal and great for families with children, our own loved it, and now we're taking the grandchildren, good excuse to keep going back really, and we will."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of July 2005

Great Value For Money - Can't Wait to go back

"After reading some of the reviews before we went we were a bit dubious about what to expect but we need not have worried. Had a Fantastic holiday, weather was great, hotel was clean and adequate, food was good and the entertainment team made the holiday. Billy, Nemo, Pino and Baboo were a great bunch, had bags of energy and made everyone so welcome. Never short of anything to do the daytime activities were non stop and the evening entertainment was a good laugh. Rhodes town is only a short taxi ride away, not to be missed especially at night, the old town is beautiful. My daughters cried when it was time to go home (normally they are bored by the second week) Can't wait to go back. Looking to book again for October. The new water park at the back of the hotel should be ready in a couple of weeks that looks great for the kids. Highly recommended!"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of July 2005

Fantastic, Friendly, Highly Recommended!

"I have just returned from my first holiday at the Blue Bay Hotel in Rhodes - my family have been loads of times and were always telling me how good it was - so I went with my partner and three children.

When we arrived and were shown our room we were far from dissappointed, the rooms are basic (but adequate for how long I spend inside while on holiday), they are clean and the bed linen and towels are changed regularly. The view from the room was amazing, on a clear day you could see turkey!

The dining room did get busy during meal times - only what you would expect during peak season - but the food was good, you could eat and drink as much as you liked and the staff were friendly and very efficient.

We didn't see alot of the island because the kids loved the complex so much that we hardly left it. They had a variety of swimming pools to choose from, a play park, an animation team that were on the go from early morning until late at night encouraging them to join in and, of course, free ice-cream all day long!

All in all, this was a great holiday, we were only there 2 days when the kids asked if we could come back next year. We stayed for 2 weeks and the whole time we were there we never had any problems. The staff were friendly and helpful, the service was great and the weather was good too. There is a water park being built right opposite the hotel but it was not finished before we left. I think this will only add to the attraction of an already fantastic holiday!!"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of July 2005

felt like shirley valentine

"After arriving in the early hours and being very tierd we had a few hours sleep then got up for breakfast which was what we expected from other all inclusive holidays we have been on, very nice but nothing special. We then decided to have an easy day and laze by the pool because we were so tierd. we had to pay for the sun beds., which would have been beter free but the man who put them out was very friendly and made us feel welcome. After going to the welcome meeting and having more food and wine we went back to the room to shower and change for the evening meal. The room was basic but clean and this is all you need as most people do not spend much time in thier rooms. Any way we went down for the evening meal, I say we that is my teenage daughter and I and made pigs of our selves trying the variety of food on offer. But this was where i began to feel like shiley valentine because the greek people especially the men payed us lots of attention, which i'm not complaining about, but my daughter was not keen on. After the meal we walked down to the bar looking out on to the beach where i watched the most wonderful sunset whilst drinking a glass of wine. The rest of our holiday was lovely apart from being bitten and having our flight delayed on the way home. Other highlights were a shopping day in Rhodes, but we regreted not walking round the old town. Also we went on a tour to Lindos which i would highly recomend, and the weather was brilliant all the time we were there."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of July 2005

GREAT VACATION / GREAT ANIMATION TEAM

"I just came back from a week holiday at the bluebay resort in rhodes and i just can't understand how people can say it was their worst holiday ever.....
i spent a wonderful week there and can't wait to go back!!!!!! ...... it was for sure one of my best holiday ever (and believe me I travel a lot!) unfortunately one week was way too short!!!
My room was more than ok (spacious and clean) but i didn't really care because i didn't go to rhodes to stay inside, the food was really good and not 2 times the same.... but the best was the animation team, especially billy;-) what energy!!!!! combined with friendlyness, humor, a great smile and a contagious laughter... he made me laugh to tears :-)))))) it's a long time since i had that much fun....

I just came back but will go back soon that's for sure..... the sooner, the better ;-)

TRUST ME,
GO , YOU WON'T REGRET IT...."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of June 2005

Extremely disappointed

"My husband and myself have just returned from our holiday staying in the Blue Bay hotel. I wish I could recommend it to others but no I wouldn't like anybody to be as dissatisfied as we where.
Stained mattresses with bed linen which was tread bare and hardly covered the mattress.
There was a massive gap under the door. General cleaning needed attention.
Food not a good standard and drinks again poor quality.
Could go on and on but just makes me feel really sad about our experience.

• Travel date: Sat 1st of October 2016

HOLIDAY CHAOS

"Just back to-day hotel is clean and staff work hard, meal times are chaos, the food is shameful (one night it was chicken wings in gravy) the water park looked good and the swimming pools also were good, the lounge bar with entertainment you have to pay for your drinks, or go to the beach bar and get a plastic cup drink, and bring it back to the lounge 300m after queuing, airplanes fly over at 300m day and night the noise is horrendous, they cannot cater for the amount of people staying at the hot, we went September 16 it was full of Russians with babes, they smoked everywhere, the smell of smoke in all the corridors is strong, take a tip go to lindos.

• Travel date: Wed 21st of September 2016

Hotels near Labranda Blue Bay Resort

Stayed at Labranda Blue Bay Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Labranda Blue Bay Resort

• bal by bal

"Located well for Rhodes Town and Old Town is a must.Clean well run plenty for the kids to do "

• shoppie by shoppie

"i would tell them 2 go there 4 defo they would love it "

• shoppie by shoppie

"we went 2 lindos and down 2 rhodes old town which was grear "

Labranda Blue Bay Resort is also called