Good

My 2nd home

Reviewed 10th June 2015

"Myself my family and my friends have been staying at the Rodos Sun Studios for 15 years and we cannot fault the hotel or staff at all. It's my second home and my second family.no need to say more although I could write pages on nick,George,Mira,Alexia and Stella.genuinely the nicest people I've met. First stayed at 17 and I am now 33.have taken my parents grandparents and friends there year after year.lovely place and fantastic family to stay with. Never in all the years have I ever known a complaint or unhappy travelers. Most people are returning happy customers. So take it from me, any horror reviews if you find any are probably very far from the truth. Carmel - the Holland family - wirral"

• Travel date: 6th June 2015

EXCELLENT, FRIENDLY, CLEAN DEFINITELY RECOMMENDATORY

Reviewed 11th October 2011

"We stayed here sep 2011 really enjoyed it, the staff are nice people, helpful. The rooms are clean and the pool area is clean. It is a 15 min walk from the night life scenery and beach it is in a quiet location just for those who dont like it loud but everything is in with walking distance, i would recomend to all kinds, copuples familys and friends. Also the price is good value aswel."

• Travel date: 29th September 2011

Excellent Holiday made even better by excellent accomadation!

Reviewed 15th August 2011

"Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Faliraki and stayed at these appartments. I would definatly recommend these to stay in. Nick ,George, Alexia and Myra are all lovely and do everthing to make you feel very welcome from the minute your arrive until the minute the leave. Any questions you have about where to go or what to do they will do what ever they can to help. All the other staff that work there too are really nice aswell. The rooms are good, although basic but there is no need to do any cooking within the room as the food they serve throughout the day is really good, and there are so many places to eat out in the evenings that are all very reasonably priced. The average of our evening meals was about 25 Euros with 2 soft drinks. I would definatly reccoment Manolis to eat as it is very good! The rooms are kept very clean with fresh towels and bedding abiut every other day which is really good. The pool is a very good size with a small added bit for relaxing or if you had small children would be perfect for them too as this little one is not very deep. The pools are also kept very clean. I have had issues with previous holidays where pools get very dirty due to all the sun tan lotion and there can be a build up of gunk, but there are no issues like this here! There are lots of sun beds and so there is always one for somebody and no need to get up at silly o'clock in the morning to get one. The monday night barbeque night is a must! The food is amazing especially the potatoes and the killer pool and card bingo is also very good fun. Nick then takes everyone out into Faliraki after for drinks. Its a really good night to get to know the other people in the apartments. We met some really nice people when we were over there. Its very quiet at night as you are not in central Faliraki but its only about a 7 minute walk in. Nick is very good at keeping the ones coming back late/early morning quiet. I was only woken up once during the night in the whole 2 week holiday and that we because there was a random rain / thunder storm at about half 3 in the morning. The prices vary throughout Faliraki, if you drink local beer on tap it is cheaper than drinking bottled but only by about a euro, long drinks are around 3 -4 euros, and cocktails are about 5 euro, this is the general price i have found in most places. When you are here if you go to the water park its 20 euro for an adult and 15 for a child. You can get the water park bus from central faliraki for 1 euro. Its a must and the prices when you are in there are very good between 2- 3 euros for a burger very reasonable. One piece of advice though the ground gets very hot when walking up to rides and as you can't wear flipflops going down them, so after learning this on my first visit, the second time we went i bought somne trainer socks and wore them around, with did take some of the burn away! This is a very good place for a holiday and there are things for people of all ages. The Rodos Sun is a definate to stay in, again no matter what age whether its a family, a couple or a group of friends old or young ! The best place i have ever stayed while on holiday and will definatly be reccomending to my friends and i will be returing to stry here. Thank you Rodos Sun for a fanststic holiday x! "

• Travel date: 8th August 2011

brill

Reviewed 25th July 2011

"i have just returned from a week in greece i had a brill time at rodos sun , family and staff were friendly helpful at all times they made me and my 3 girls feel safe and secure ,first time abroad ,we will return again .george nick were brilliant in giving us advise on where to see and visit ,all the dunford family "

• Travel date: 19th July 2011

Amazing!

Reviewed 18th July 2011

"I stayed at Rodos sun with 7 other girl friends. The hotel was clean, tidy and felt very secure there. I can not explain how friendly and helpful the staff were there. Its a family run hotel which is well organised and very profesional. They made everyone feel soo welcome at all times and genuinly cared if everyone was enjoying there holiday. The food was great there! didnt have 1 rubbish meal and was never waiting around either. The cleaners did a great job through out the hotel giving clean bedding and towels reguarly through out our stay. I would reccomend staying at this hotel to anyone and am already organising a trip to go back to the hotel because i enjoyed it so much! Many thanks to the family and especially to Nick and Alexia who made my stay extra special. Justine W"

• Travel date: 15th July 2011

Best Holiday Ever!!

Reviewed 18th October 2011

"Me and 7 of my girlfriends have just got back from a week at the Rodos Sun and can honestly say we had the best week and didn't want to leave. Nick, George and Alexia are so lovely and will do anything to make your stay brilliant, George even let us water his beloved grass! Fantastic BBQ on a Monday night which is a must-have, lovely food and killer pool (which I should of won Nick ha!). Just ten minutes from bar/club street and then 5 minutes onto the beach so fab location. Its like staying with your family, eveyone is so freindly and met some brilliant people here! Can't wait to go back and Nick we want 8x WOO WOO's 8x red vodka waiting for us please. Wooo Wooooo :) xx Portsmouth loves Rodos Sun!"

• Travel date: 14th July 2011

We love you Nick!!!

Reviewed 19th July 2011

"I went with a group of 12 friends aged 17-18 . BEST HOLIDAY EVER!! Nick who works at the bar is so lovely and laid back! Beautiful setting for the hotel, just outside the main town but you can still walk there within 5-10 mins only 10 mins from the clubbing scene, which is a bit limited but still great if you know where to go It was such a great holiday due mainly to the kind, fun staff at rodos sun! rodos sun is designed for people of all ages, i saw families, young people like us and those over 50 who had been going there for years! It really caters for everyone the only downside is that they are VERY strict about you not bringing any food or drinks down from your room or from the shops. you are only allowed to have food/water/ drinks that you have bought at the hotel bar. But overall I would advise anyone to go to rodos sun :D its the best! "

• Travel date: 13th July 2011

excellent holiday

Reviewed 4th July 2011

"I just returned from the Rodos Sun Hotel with my husband. it was our first time to Faliraki and we loved it. The hotel was clean and the family who owns it are so lovely and helpful. the pool was great, really big and clean. everyone was so friendly here and it seems that a lot of the people had been visiting the Rodos sun for years. My husband and i will definately be back and we will bring our kids too. thanks to nick and george for a wonderful time. "

• Travel date: 1st July 2011

holiday from hell

Reviewed 13th June 2011

"I booked a package holiday through Low Cost Holidays on 1st March 2011. It was for 2 adults going to Faliraki for 9 nights on a self catering basis. The package included flights, accommodation , transfers and travel insurance. The total cost that I paid for the holiday was £492.71 (including a £ 23.86 credit card surcharge) I myself have been going on holiday to Greek Islands for the past 4 years and have always thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Unfortunately, on this occasion that has not been the case . We departed on 24th May 2011 flying from London Stanstead to Rhodes Airport. On arrival we were taken to our hotel, The Rodus Sun Hotel in Faliraki. The hotel looked amazing, the owners and staff appeared to be pleasant. We were given a key and taken to our room no 211. The first 4 days were fine. We would go out in the day and would return early evening around 7-8pm to shower and change our clothes as we would be going out again to eat and experience the nightlife. We met some good people and we were having a good time. On 28th May 2011, I woke up at 11:25am to find that my handbag had disappeared. I knew where I had put it which was on top of my unlocked suitcase. I searched my suitcase and the room but could not find my handbag, My friend and I searched again but could not find my handbag. Somebody had been into the room and had stolen my handbag. My friend and I would take turns each night to hold the hotel key as it was important that we didn’t loose it otherwise we would have to pay 100 euros. It was my turn on Friday night, we had left the “Breeze Bar” at 2:30am, we had been drinking but was not drunk. ( Thassos, Steve, Vicky, Italia, Bev, Amber and Mike at Breeze Bar can confirm this) We got back to the hotel and locked the door like we always did. The balcony door and bathroom window was locked before we went out and we hadn’t opened them on returning to the room, we went to sleep. You were not able to leave the key in the door as to get light you had to put the key into this square box on the wall. Inside my Tan coloured handbag was my Samsung camera with 4GB memory card Armani watch Nokia paygo with 8GB memory card £60 + change ( 70 euros) Cash point card Credit card My passport, flight ticket and contract phone were under my clothes in the bottom of my suitcase. I had 35 euros tucked away in my passport holder ( change from on the plane) I had taken my contract phone for emergencies but had no intention of using if because of the cost of the calls. We went downstairs to report what had happened to Nick but there was no one in the reception area. I was crying and could not believe that this was happening. I spoke to my boyfriend and family in the UK who advised me to call the police and contact the Resort Rep. I telephoned the Emergency telephone number but could not get through . I called the 24 hr contact telephone no and spoke to Katiana. She advised me that she would raise a report. She gave me a number (6955581896) to call which I did but nobody was answering the telephone. We went to the police station but it was closed. We asked the taxi drivers to call the police, they told us to wait and that the police were on their way. Nobody came, we asked again and were told that maybe they come at 7pm. We returned to the hotel and saw Nick tidying up the pool and reception area. I went into reception and explained to him that my bag had been stolen from our room 211 and that I would like him to help me contact the police and my travel company. I explained to him that I had spoken to Katiana but was having problems getting through to the travel company and that I had been to the police station but that it was closed. He telephoned the police and a policeman came to the hotel. I asked him to come to the room and explained again what had happened. He made notes and told me that I had to go to Faliraki Police Station tomorrow to report the incident. We went downstairs to the reception area to ask Nick for help, I could not get through to the Travel company “ Low Cost Holidays” . He advised us that they were closed and that we should stay in the reception area. Another man who I believe his name to be called George started shouting and abusing us in the reception area “ You leave window open and you call police to my hotel, I teach you a lesson” he was very angry. I explained to him that the balcony was not open and that we always made sure that everything is locked. I requested that he come with me to the room to look for my handbag. He said “ No, you call police on my hotel, I teach you a lesson” Again we were trying to reason with him but he continued to humiliate us in front of other guests and continued to curse in Greek. “ anglais, malakas” I told him not to threaten me, he was literally in my ears screaming “ You English people are all the same, no good, all same. You leave window open and you blame my hotel, you can claim travel insurance and you bring police to my hotel” I was so scared. I actually thought he was going to attack me. My friend told him that we were having a good time up until this point and to leave us alone. She herself was disgusted with the way the man was behaving. “ I teach you a lesson you see, you bring police to my hotel“ I couldn’t believe what was happening, I told him to call the police, he was threatening me. I wanted them to come as I did not feel safe. “ I teach you a lesson” “anglais, blacks, malakas” I was trembling and told him to be quiet, he wouldn’t stop . I ended up telling him to “shut up” “ You tell me shut up, this my property I put you on the street, I put you on the street, you leave window open and try blame my hotel, I put you in jail, I teach you a lesson”. We was very scared.. Nick came back to the reception area, he took us out to the back of the hotel and asked him to contact somebody to help us, he explained that George was his dad and that he did not want anymore police at his hotel. His advice was that if we were not happy that we should find somewhere else to stay . The travel company was closed and that there was no more that he could do. On 29th May 2011, we went to the Faliraki police station to report what had happened. The police system was ridiculous ( 3 policemen in Faliraki and the police station opened between 9am - 3pm and maybe later 7pm) The policeman that assisted me explained to us that “Rodos only send them 3, they don’t care, we don’t care” I explained that our suitcases were still in the room padlocked but that we were frightened to return to the hotel. I told the policeman that there was no toilet paper in the room and that I didn’t feel safe. The policeman was unsure of what to do, and was waiting for advice. He himself was under pressure arguing with his colleagues to get assistance. He explained to me that he was suppose to be home as he had finished his shift and that he too had a family. We sat in the police station until it closed and was told to return to the police station the following day to get a copy of the police report because it had to be stamped by the captain. I was scared to return to the hotel. The policeman reassured me and gave me the telephone number for the police station. At 16:13 I telephoned Low Cost Holidays and spoke to Adam to explain what had happened. I explained to him as well that the owner had threatened us and we did not feel safe staying at the Rodos Sun Hotel. I wanted to change our hotel. He advised me that there was nothing that he could do but that Sarah would call me first thing 9am the following morning. It was early evening when we returned to our room using the side entrance to the back of the hotel. As we walked up the stairs we saw that the bathroom window was open. I can swear on my kids lives that the doors and window was locked when we left. I had already had my handbag stolen , we locked away all of our possessions into our suitcases and padlocked them whilst we were out of the hotel room. We took pictures of the window open , closed the window and locked it again. We had no where else to go, we put the chair and our suitcases up against the door for more security and left the lights on as we were scared to sleep. On Monday 30th May 2011, I woke up to find that I had 5 bites on my right left and 3 on my left. There was yellow puss on my right leg and the sheet where my leg had been resting. My ankles were starting to swell, I felt very weak and developed a temperature. We went to the pharmacy and showed them my legs, the pharmacist gave me some antibiotic cream and told me to stay out of the sun and to drink plenty of fluids, I paid 8 euros. Sarah from Low Cost Holidays had still not called us. I had enough and wanted to go home. Our room had not been cleaned, they were refusing to give us toilet paper and the bedding had not been changed once whilst we were staying there. Later that evening, we met 2 English girls that were staying at the Rodus Sun Hotel. They explained to us that they were staying in the room above us and that they heard the owner shouting and heard me asking the owner to stop threatening us. They themselves spoke about the window in their room being open but that they were on holiday with their parents who were in a lot of the time. On Tuesday 31st May 2011, Geraldine from the British Vice Consulate telephoned me and explained that my family and friends had been calling her from the UK. I couldn’t get my words out because I was crying and in a lot of pain. She said that I needed to get to her for her to be able to help me. I explained to her that my ankles were burning and that I couldn’t walk properly. I did not make it in time to the toilet which resulted in me wetting myself. The hotel staff did not care, they watched me struggle and suffer in pain as we left the hotel . Why didn’t they call an ambulance? The swelling was getting worse. I struggled with the burning sensation and tears to the bus stop so I could get help. I did not feel very well and felt as though I was dehydrating When we got to Rhodes Town, nobody seemed to know where the British Embassy was. It was a complete nightmare. “maybe this way” “maybe that way” “ don’t speak English” Even the taxi drivers didn’t know or were just being arrogant. We were both distressed and it seemed that nobody seemed to care. It was very hot, we went into the newsagents to get a drink .The lady spoke a little English and she showed us where to go.. She told me that I needed medical attention. We got to the British Vice Consulate. Geraldine contacted my family to let them know that I was there and assisted my boyfriend with sending money over. Geraldine telephoned Low-Cost Holidays to explain again what had happened and told them that I wanted to change accommodation as I did not feel safe . Low Cost Holidays offered no assisstance.and said that there was nothing that they could do. Geraldine connected me so that I could speak with them. I was speaking to Adam for the second time and asked him why nobody had contacted us. He said that Sarah had phoned in sick and that there was nothing that he could do. I was in desperate need and wanted to go home. Adam seemed to find the situation funny. I requested to speak with his supervisor Adrian. Again there was no support, Adrian put the phone down. Geraldine explained to me that they didn’t have the funding to send me home and that I needed to get medical attention. She said that the airline would not allow me to fly in my current state. We told her that our things were at the hotel and that we were scared to return. We left the British Consulate and went to Rhodes Police station, I showed them the police report, explained what had happened and showed them my legs. The policeman told us to sit and that the ambulance was coming. An hour had passed but no ambulance came. We left the police station and went back into the newsagents to get help from the lady that spoke English.. She explained to me that my leg was serious and that a Greek man 38 years old died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital from the same problem. I was desperate and that we didn’t have enough money to take a taxi to Rhodes Hospital. She said that there was a medical centre in Faliraki. I asked her if I was going to die. Again she told me that the bites were serious and that I needed medical attention. We struggled back to Faliraki by bus, I was in a mess and went into the medical centre. I met with the nurse Amalia Housein and showed her my European Health Insurance Card, I was feeling very dizzy, had a high temperature, the swelling in my ankles was getting worse. I thought that I was going to die. She called for an ambulance and I was taken to Rhodes General Hospital. I was put on a drip and given painkillers. All I could remember asking the doctor was whether or not I was going to die and that I had kids in the UK. The doctor explained to me that I had been bitten by a spider, and that they were trying to reduce the swelling. He told me that I would be okay with the medication that he had prescribed. We went back to Faliraki by bus and went to the Tourist Information hut on the beach. I was crying and still in shock. George was very helpful and offered his assistance , he called his friend Viaos (captain of the beach) They advised us that they was going to help us and came with us to the police station to explain what had happened. The policeman looked at my leg , we showed him pictures of the window. He explained that the window was not open but broken. He explained that in order to prosecute, I would have to go back to Rhodes Town and pay 100 Euros to the court before 2pm as this was the time it closed. He gave me a piece of paper and said that we had to go to EQOPIA. We paid 17 Euros in a taxi and returned before 3pm like the police officer said with the paper but the police station was closed. Viaos and George telephoned the police and we were told that someone was coming back. The policeman came back and told us again that we had to return to the police station the following day to give a statement. Viaos explained to us that we were safe now, he took my prescriptions to the pharmacy and got my medication for me. It cost 68 euros. He then took us to his home, we met his wife and children. He told me that I must eat in order to take the medication. After eating he took us to the Rodos Sun Hotel and told us to take our suitcases out of the hotel and give them back the key. He waited for us outside. Viaos took us to his cousins hotel and told us that we were safe. We had not slept properly for days, he told us to get rest and that he would meet us in the reception area the following night at around 9pm. We were so grateful, I was very emotional and thanked him for what he had done. Our family and friends were concerned about my health and our safety. On Wednesday 1st June 2011, we woke up and headed back to the police station The policeman took away the previous police report and explained that I needed to come back later after 7pm to give him 2 statements. Again, I was told that I would have to return the following day to collect the police reports as they needed to be stamped by the captain. We met some good people whilst we were there and stayed with them during the day and evening. On our way back to the hotel to meet Viaos we met an English couple who we had previously met earlier on in the holiday when everything was fine. They too were staying at the Rodus Sun Hotel. We explained that we were no longer staying at the hotel and showed them my legs. I remember the ladies name was Dawn. Her husband reminded her of the time when they were sitting outside by the pool and that they were being shown spiders. He confirmed that it was a couple of days ago Dawn comforted me as I started to cry and began to shake. We went back to the Hotel where we were staying and met Viaos in the reception area at 9pm. He told us that the staff in the Rodus Sun Hotel were not good people and that he would take us to Rhodes Airport early the following day as it was not safe to return back to the hotel for our transfer. I explained to him that we had to collect the police reports the following morning at 8:30am before going to the airport. He said that he would come early to pick us up, take us to the police station and then to the airport. I thanked him, we were very grateful. We said goodbye to our friends that we made whilst we were there and returned to the hotel to get some rest. I did not sleep well. On Thursday 2nd June 2011, we met Viaos in the reception area at 8:30am. He took us to the police station to get the report and told us to meet him and George in the café beside the Tourist Information hut. George bought us our breakfast and told us not to think that the people in Faliraki were all bad and that we had a bad experience because of the Rodos Sun Hotel. We thanked them for their help and left for the Airport. My stomach had not been feeling too good from the day before and I seemed to keep going to the toilet more frequently than usual because of the diarrhoea. It was mixed with blood. I just wanted to get home to the UK safely and see my kids. My friend and I were very emotional on the plane. We had looked forward to this holiday for months and it had turned out to be a disaster. We met 2 very good friends in Faliraki “Viaos and George” I am very grateful to them for all of their help and will never forget what they did for me. Peace be with them always! We landed in Stanstead at 16:52, collected our suitcases and waited for our lift home. I went home, my kids were in tears. The first thing they said was “mum we thought that you were going to die” I cried my eyes out and reassured them that I was going to be okay. I went to A & E late at night as I was feeling weird. I was feeling dizzy and had a metallic taste in my mouth. I developed a temperature and was still shaking through relief of being back at home. I still had the diarrhoea and stomach pains. My chest was burning and I was coughing up phlegm. The doctors took blood, put me on a drip and sent me for leg/chest x-rays. I was taken to CPU and had an ECG done, A Skin specialist came to see me as I was worried about the marks that would be left on my legs. The doctors came back with my blood test results and said that one of the tests were positive. He advised me that I would have to go back for another blood test in 3 weeks time to see if I have Lymes Disease. The consultant advised me not to take anymore of the medication that they had given me as he believed that my body was not reacting very well. He prescribed me with new medication so that I could go home to be with my family. I am glad to be home safe in the UK. The doctors have advised me that It will take time for me to recover from this bad experience. Some of the Items stolen were of sentimental value and can never be replaced. My family and I sit here today praying that I do not have Lymes Disease and hope that the marks on my legs will fade and eventually disappear. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE TO STAY AT THE RODOS SUN HOTEL..If u decide too... LOCK ALL OF YOUR POSSESSIONS AWAY EVEN WHEN YOU ARE IN THE ROOM SLEEPING ........."

• Travel date: 10th June 2011

Excellent Accommodation

Reviewed 6th June 2011

"Spent two weeks at Rodos Sun, very nice and clean place to stay, all necessary things for cooking available in the kitchenette. Room furniture simple but clean. Very good restaurants nearby. Nick and George very friendly and helpful. Can only recommend Rodos Sun."

• Travel date: 6th June 2011

fantastic place to stay

Reviewed 31st May 2011

"just got back last week had a brilliant week nick george and all make you feel so welcome lovly greeting from nick when we got there even though it was 4 o clock in morning went with daughter and partner the two rooms we had were lovly and clean cleaned 3 or 4 times while we were there for week clean towles and sheets 3 times pool area lovly and cleaned each morning rooms basic on utencils but ok if you wanted to do snacks. food in bar very good full breakfast for 5 uroes or snacks if wanted bar prices good monday night is a must for barbque good value for 10 uroes a head great food game of killer pool after and card bingo get to meet other guests and have a good night. the apartments are about 10 mins from town and 15 mins from beach. so not to far out and its nice and relaxing by the pool music playing nicely in background nick and george will help you if you have any problems not that we had any this is a great base to stay to either relax or near bus route if you want to get out and about childrens pool for little one so its ideal for all age groups. returning again at end of season cant wait!!!!"

• Travel date: 27th May 2011

Fantastic Apts

Reviewed 23rd August 2010

"11 of my family have just returned from our holidays in Rodos Sun, we Loved every minute of our stay, Very personable, family run. Nick & Alexia work very hard & always ensure you are happy and always happy to help, they're brilliant. My family have been more than once and will be returning next year .xxxxx "

• Travel date: 23rd August 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Rodos Sun

Top traveller tips for Rodos Sun

• by Carmel H

"Lidos boat trip a must. Minolis restaurant a must."

• by screwball

"a bit greener surroundings"

• by Jut W

"Spending as much time with the staff as they will make our holiday :)"

• by PompeyAnna-x

"Monday night BBQ is a must!"

• by Rodo :)

"Pay the price for air conditioning at the start of the week- otherwise you will regret it!!!"

• by mojo

" relax / monday night bar b qu / brilliant beach / "

• by 11

"absolutely Fantastic "

• by nicole_c_

"The area may not look the nicest but it's absolutely amazing!"

Rodos Sun is also called