Second time in Kavos and the best ever!...

Good
Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2005

"Second time in Kavos and the best ever! Perfect for people who don’t sleep, just drink and like to have alot of fun!

The apartments were simple but perfect for what we wanted for 3 girls. Not for the family though! Being only seconds from the bars and clubs was excellent and ALL of the people out there were friendly and chatty, I didn’t see one fight!

Lastly hey to the guys from Leeds and Scotland! Overall great time!

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

Ally I want my socks back!!! Kavos is a...

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2005

"Ally I want my socks back!!!

Kavos is amazing, the clubs n bars are good n a want to be there now. Only bad thing is the cheapskate hotel owners who charge you for anything and everything!!!

There is never any smell I was there for 2 weeks and I only smelt a bad smell about twice and it was only briefly. The PR's are really annoying but sometimes they get you good deals. the go-karts are brilliant too, 10 euros for 30mins, well worth it!

Big shout out to seaside bobby, the Leeds girls(haha) an them birds fae between Liverpool n Wales!! Mon the tartan army!

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

Wow! just got back from a 2 week holiday...

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2005

"Wow! just got back from a 2 week holiday in Kavos and it was the most amazing holiday of my life!!! The weather was always hot (mid 40's) and the owner and staff were very friendly and would do anything to help my sister and i enjoy our holiday more. The rooms were basic but had everything we needed. there was no air conditioning but you can hire a fan for 25 euros for two weeks. Our rep Jon, from freestyle, was really good and very helpful and we had some mad times with him and the other reps! I know that most people will book there excursions privately because it is cheaper, but you miss out on sooooo much is you don’t go with the reps, though i warn you, it is not for the faint hearted!!! Havoc in the hacienda was fantastic, as was Jail Break, Aqualand and Theo's boat cruise. All the locals were very friendly. If eating out, i strongly recommend The Steak House (say hi to mike on the door for me!) There are loads of good pubs in Kavos, but you really should try The Barn, especially at the start of the night (say hi to Alex!!!!) if you want to go clubbing, Club Sex is good and it has a foam party. the only thing to watch out for is the people who try to get you into certain pubs (they can get a bit annoying) but most of them are ok. With go-karts, pubs, clubs, friendly locals, fantastic food and friends played in every pub 24/7, Kavos really is the place to be! "

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

If you have young children Tingaki is qu...

Reviewed Wed 30th of June 2004

"If you have young children Tingaki is quiet and safe. It is really made up of one main road full of enough bars, restaurants, gifts shops, local excursion agents, for enough choice but not too noisy.

The road leads down to the beach, where there is a mini roundabout, left of these is a few more bars and restaurants close to the beach. right is a long walk past accommodation, a few bars and restaurants, towards Kos Town. It’s a very long road, but Mythos Apartments is near the beach end, about 2 minutes away, and you only have to cross one road to get to the beach.

At the other end of the main road is a fairly large supermarket. It is worth walking from the top of the road to the beach even though it’s a long way as you’ll be able to see what is there, I would suggest doing this as early into the holiday as possible, the beach is very sandy and the sea is quite shallow for a long way out so that’s good for children.

Excursions are cheaper from main road vendors, all the excursions we went on were good, the island is small so you can get to see most of it on one or two excursions. Greek night at Zia was a good excursion, and the trip round half-a-dozen island villages was also good. You can see Turkey from Tingaki, you can get a boat over to Bodrum, or the island of Kalymnos which was good although the meal we had over there was the worst of the holiday.

The apartments were clean the pool was good, there was a bar with snacks near the pool and a restaurant behind this. The staff were friendly. It seemed to be mainly British people that stayed at the apartments.

Probably the best place I have been. Just a shame about the night flights from the UK. The airport is tiny and a bit of a pain."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2004

5 guys went on their first holiday toget...

Reviewed Wed 30th of June 2004

"5 guys went on their first holiday together the apartments were clean, well placed, well looked after and we had no problems. Thomson were excellent the rep superb and we had no problems, they were friendly helpful and made sure we had a great time.

There was almost nothing I could have changed about the holiday and I recommend Thompson, Kavos and Mythos Apartments for anyone else wanting a lively , fast exciting holiday. Kavos was brilliant despite the occasional smell. Overall a brilliant holiday!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2004