Excellent at the Mythos

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We hit on a fortnight of wonderful weather and found the Mythos Apartments friendly, clean, and quiet.
The pool was fine, the food at Vasilis (which is their own restaurant) excellent.
The golden, fine sand beach is a short walk along the main street. The seawater here is warm and shallow. If you walk for a mile you come to the dunes by the salt lake where you can sunbathe as nature intended if you wish.
All in all a great place to stay especially if you are on a budget."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of January 2008

Just the Facts

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Just the facts for you, not opinion.
The Mythos apartments are on the main street of Tingaki. They are very close to the centre of the night-life. i.e Disco bars. However Mythos are set back behind a Taverna, so no noise problems during our stay. No problem getting a poolside sunlounger, but beach is so good most guests went there instead as it is no more than 2 min walk to the beach. Pool bar which did have some life, and pool table and a couple of other games machines. As mentioned by others, the kitchen equipment and crockery etc. is very minimal. The living area in our apartment for two was tiny just a small table to eat at. The bathroom was very clean and modern with a bath and a shower curtain. Bedroom was usual layout with large built in wardrobe with a safe. All windows had Mozzie nets on them, so could be left open, although not secure in this state. Aircon unit in bedroom was not used for our stay. Staff were all helpful and friendly. Bus stop 2 mins walk away for Kos Town. Small supermarkets across road. Large Hypermarket about 10' walk at far end of town, prices a little cheaper there. Lots of eating places in Tingaki mostly of the Taverna variety."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of November 2007

Mythos apartments are ideally located ve...

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2007

"Mythos apartments are ideally located very close to the beach and with all amenities on your doorstep, but there is no problem with noise as you are set back from the road and Tingaki is pretty quiet anyway. Points lost because the toilet bin wasn't emptied every day, which was a bit grim, and there was only one channel on the telly - Sky News. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. However, cooking in the tiny kitchenette was a logistical nightmare! You're better off eating out, it's cheap enough and the food is fresh and tasty.

I found the staff at Mythos courteous and helpful rather than friendly, as other reviewers have said. Great holiday overall, you can go on loads of trips and Kos Town is just a short bus ride away, the scenery and beach are fabulous, and the locals are lovely. I can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of October 2007

Loved it.

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"A group of eight travelled to the mythos apartments to celebrate a 50th birthday. What a gem I had found, the fact that we had only paid £362 per couple we were'nt expecting to much. When we arrived we were over joyed, the pool area was lovely and clean and looked like it had just been renovated there were also plenty of sunbeds available.
On entering are room we were delighted as it was brand new it had a small kicthen with table and chairs and also a sofa which I presume was a sofa bed, off there was a smart but small bathroom then you had the seperate bedroom which looked out on to the pool.
The Apartments had a friendly bar which had a tv for all the sports etc. They also had started quiz nights and bbq nights etc.
Attached at the front of the Mythos was the restaurant were you could get a good english breakfast for just under 5 euro. We also had a couple of evening meals here and they were one of the best we had had. The service was great and so was the price.
The location was brilliant just walked out of the apartments and staight on to the main strip were you had all the bars, shops and retaurants. Though you in the centre it was still very quite. The beach was a mere 100metres away and was lovely and sandy with shallow waters and views over to Turkey and surrounding greek islands. There are plenty of trips to book in the resort and a lot of tourists hire cycles as it is flat so easy to get around.
The bus is near to the apartments and run frequently to Kos town which i would throughly recommend.
I loved these appartments and Kos and would definitely return."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

Fantastic complex, ideal for people who...

Reviewed Thu 23rd of August 2007

"Fantastic complex, ideal for people who want a quiet base with ease to a lively evening (Kos town) plenty of bars and restaurants within a stone’s throw.

The restaurant on site is fab, great food and reduction for complex guests. lovely patio area around the pool, which can get a bit busy during school holidays with kids, but would not let that put you off.

A couple minutes walk to the fab beach, has a constant breeze which is great on those hot days. the views from the beach is stunning, overlooks Turkey and look towards the town and you get views of the town and the mountains.

Ideal resort to get into Kos Town, buses run throughout the day approx 1.5euros each way or 12 Euros in a taxi. the harbour in Kos Town is big and the sunsets are amazing -well worth a visit early evening.

Loads of excursions from Tingaki- boat trips, Turkey, Island Tour etc all good value for money.

Really clean accommodation, great staff - family run, would def go back again !!"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

We 1st visited the Mythos apartments in...

Reviewed Wed 11th of April 2007

"We 1st visited the Mythos apartments in May 2005 on a 'late deal'.

My partner and I had such a fantastic time, we returned in May 2006 and are on our way back with 8 members of our family and friends in May 2007. Sound a bit boring?

My partner is self-employed so we only get 1 week’s holiday, we just know our week at the Mythos will be enjoyable and relaxing.

I too cannot praise George and his staff enough, and all of the bars and restaurants close by are fantastic. It really is a fantastic resort and am now getting excited about my 3rd trip back! - The extension sounds interesting.

I would recommend using the travel shop opposite the apartments as they are by far cheaper than the tour operators and just as well organised.

Hiring a quad from Nikos is also reasonable and really enjoyable - I think last year we toured the whole island on a quad bike - gives a fantastic insight to the island and a great tan!

Just as someone else has mentioned - if you are thinking about booking STOP hesitating and DO IT!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of April 2007

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. I agree...

Reviewed Sat 30th of December 2006

"My wife and I enjoyed our stay. I agree with everyone’s comments on here, and will definitely be returning to Mythos apartments again.

Hope bill decides to stay; he made our holiday even more enjoyable with his party tricks etc.

Tingaki is the perfect resort for all families, the beach is so near and the water warm and clear. Donuts and fresh fruit daily from the locals.

The choice of food is excellent, you've no need to go elsewhere.

• Travel date: Sat 30th of December 2006

A fabulous holiday we had staying at the...

Reviewed Thu 5th of October 2006

"A fabulous holiday we had staying at the Mythos apartments, George the manager and his staff cannot do enough for you from start to finish. The apartments were clean, spacious and ideally situated close to the wonderful clean beach with its white sand and clear sea which is very safe for bathing, you can walk out about three hundred yards and still have your shoulders above the water.

Back to the apartments one drawback was the very meagre self catering facilities, ie-No toasters or micros just a hob which took an age for warming up, but then you don’t need to cook when you’ve got the great restaurant attached to your complex which seems to attract tourists from everywhere to come and eat in the evenings. Freshly cooked and served with smiling faces, a great atmosphere and great tasting variety of foods. A maid service cleans your rooms six times a week with fresh bed linen twice.

A reasonable sized pool with around 50 sun beds and a kiddies pool. A bar which serves snacks through the day is also available to you. The apartments are on a main street with many shops of all types and also several supermarkets. George has had a new extension built which should open in the 2007 season which will sleep parties of six where also there will be a gym and Jacuzzi, he's also planning to widen the pool and have a separate kiddies pool with more room for everything.

We visited Kos town while we were there, looking around the old ruins (castle) hypocrites tree, and museum and harbour, a good day out. I for one would highly recommend this place to stay for a great holiday and enjoyable experience, and on the day of our departure I asked a few of the new arrivals had they been here before in which they had which I can I say I will be doing for certain next year."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of October 2006

Superb place to stay, highly recommended...

Reviewed Sun 1st of October 2006

"Superb place to stay, highly recommended. George the owner and all his staff make you feel very welcome and do everything to please and make your holiday a great one. The restaurant attached to the complex is very popular and people from all over the resort come there to eat. Freshly cooked meals and smiling faces make it very enjoyable place to dine. The pool is not a large one but is kept clean and around fifty sunloungers surround the pool so threes no fight to get one! The cleaning staff do a good job, and call every day except Sunday. One drawback was that the self catering facilities were a bit meagre, i.e. no toaster or microwave, but then with the lovely food in the restaurant there’s no worry there. George has a new attachment been built there which will sleep parties of six, also there will be a Jacuzzi and gym so I am told, with pool being extended. All in all a fab holiday there and we will definitely visit again. Five stars come from me, great place."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of October 2006

Me and my husband, daughter and 22 frien...

Reviewed Thu 31st of August 2006

"Me and my husband, daughter and 22 friends stayed at the mythos apartments, what a place it was absolutely fantastic, the Greek people who run the business were brill Costa was the day barman and bill the night barman they were out of this world.

The apartments were lovely pool was good to, everything was on the front door we ate in different restaurants every evening I have been to a lot of places but this one was exceptional, the airport going home was horrendous, if anybody is thinking about booking to go to the mythos apartments don’t hesitate go on book it you wont be sorry."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

Well 1st trip to Kos and what an amazing...

Reviewed Mon 3rd of July 2006

"Well 1st trip to Kos and what an amazing place! Stayed at the Mythos apartments (self catering) and its fantastic - I cannot sing enough praises about this place.

Staff are great and your in for a treat will Bill (yeah I know not very Greek, but he's Canadian born Greek!) the barman - just don’t let him sign! Pool is cleaned every night, food is amazing at the restaurant and the snack bar is good too.

Place is spotless, views are great and you can go anywhere from Tingaki - we went to Nisyross and Rhodes - easily done from the street vendors and cheaper than the tour rep prices!

Self Catering - place is so good we eat out every night (and breakfast and lunch!) food is great and very cheap. Do yourself a favor and go! I'd go back in a sec! 10 outta 10

P.S the bugs either like you or they don’t :))))"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of July 2006

These are the best Greek apartments I ha...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"These are the best Greek apartments I have stayed in. They are clean, tidy and spacious. The pool is well maintained and the apartments are two mins from the start of the strip but still retain reasonable noise levels through the day.

It took us 1.5 hour to transfer from the airport.

Drinks in Kavos range from 2 Euros to 6 Euro.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005