About Ilios Hotel

• horseback riding amenities
  • billiards

Never ever again!

Reviewed Thu 18th of August 2016

"It was a last minute holiday which we thought we were getting quite cheap at £3,300 for 2 weeks all inclusive! How wrong could we be!

On arriving at the hotel we were given absolutely no information, just a roll and an apple as we had missed dinner due to a late plane arrival.

On entering the room, we were totally unimpressed as it was VERY basic, no mod cons and actually a bit like a cell! Hey ho we thought, we are only going to be sleeping there?? At least if we sleep well we can go elsewhere during the day! Now wrong could we be? The beds were like sleeping on stone, absolutely no give- we persisted for 4 nights, but on the 5th day I had to mention it to a very nice lady on reception who told me "when they have this problem they solve it by putting something softer on the bed - we were to go out and she would instruct the cleaners to fix this problem by e time we got back" so we went out for the day and looked forward to sleeping hat night! On our return we found that nothing had been done and the beds were equally as hard! So off we marched to reception were we were told that it was now night - come back tomorrow and no there was nothing the man could do for us, that we'd just need to put up with it! He was rude to the extreme - customer service skills zero!

The next morning we spoke to the same woman who promised the same thing, so we tried again - nothing happened by the afternoon so we went back and she called housekeeping to put something on all the beds to give us all a good night sleep! We returned later to the room to find that all they had done was put a blanket under the sheet - what a shambles and what a tiring holiday!

He staff in this hotel are simply horrible! With the exception of the English girl in the pay bar and the buses in the restaurant! The reception staff are rude and the woman at the pool bar is the most obnoxious, rude person ever to be out in a customer facing role! The guys in the evening AI bar are not much better! My past experience of Greek people are that they are friendly and love children - not at the Illios!

On to the All Inclusive status - what a joke! There is a buffet for breakfast which is like school dinners - all food has to be queued for and is exactly the same day after day! Lunch is the same as is dinner! It reminded us of either being in a prison or a school where the standard of food being served was very low and drinks just as bad! All that's on the AI is breakfast, lunch dinner, syruped drinks, beer or wine? If you want water you can only get it during a meal from a machine or buy it! I have never been on an All Inclusive deal where you have to BUY water? There are no snacks, no ice creams, in fact absolutely nothing outside meal time other than from the pool bar where the service is appalling!

Because of the low standard we felt that eating in the "restaurant" every meal time was not an option so ate out a lot meaning that what we though was a cheap holiday was actually really quite expensive.

The hotel was not particularly clean, the towels in our room were not changed regularly. My husband cut his toe on the bath and it bled on the bath mat which then wasn't changed for 4 days, and only because we left it on the bed with a note asking them to change it!! the sinks and taps were not washed daily either as the taps were left for days with toothpaste staining!

All in all we were incredibly disappointed with The Illios Hotel, its staff, food and lack of customer service! You would think that as Greece is in such trouble economically that they would try their best to impress tourists and encourage them back to this hotel - not in my experience! Sorry Illios but you let us down badly, took our money and delivered none of the goods! I would defiantly not recommend this hotel to anyone else as it is a total rip off!

We did enjoy our time in Tigaki, however, it is a lovely place with lovely bars, restaurants and people - I recommend highly - just not the Illios!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of August 2016

awesome place

Reviewed Fri 15th of June 2012

"I really enjoyed my time there definitely recommend it was clean and a stunning place really friendly staff amazing pool plenty of places to sit by the pool they put on a bus to the beach there times a day for free and if you want to walk take you 10 mins if that "

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2012

Great for a three star bargain

Reviewed Fri 3rd of June 2011

"Just returned (01/06/11) Please don't go here if you wan't "English meals",or love puddings" This is greece! (try Benidorm).
Yes we had a tiny lizard in our room,ah! cute.We also had the joy of watching a hedgehog or two snuffling around the gardens,and petted "Timmy" the hotel labrador.
The food was all fresh,every day,and my grandaughter and i have eaten enough to sink a ship in a week.
The pools and jaccuzi are divine and spotlessly clean.
The air conditioning was repaired the instant we reported it.Sorted by FLORIN.He's the best receptionist i have EVER seen in many years of travel.
All of the staff were always friendly and very helpful,appart from the owner who was fine but very preoccupied and on the phone / racing around so fair do's to him for that.
I CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN,didn't want to leave.
Oh and for the people who say there are loads of Germans,yes there is.But a kalimera and a smile,or a kind gesture or two won't kill you.we met lovely little families and had the pleasure of watching little children play in the paddling pools (cos thats what us old grannies find pleasure in).My nineteen year old grandaughter also had a great holiday,but then she has loved greece ,her people,and food all her life as she has always holidayed with me.
Take a cheap cushion with you as greek pillows are always hard,you can always leave it and make more room for your gifts/duty free.
Go to the Lido waterpark,it's brilliant whatever your age as long as you still have nimble legs,if not forget it.
And above all remember this is a three star Greek hotel,with three star prices.and as such much more than than i payed for.

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of June 2011

value for money

Reviewed Mon 29th of March 2010

"The Hotel is clean, spacious, with well kept gardens. Rooms big with kitchen, clean & towels change every day, The pools are a nice size and are cleaned every morning, plent of sunbeds around.
Beach bus very handy even though you could walk there in 10 minuts
Tigaki has only one main street with loads of bars, restaurants and litte shops.
Kos town is 15 min away by bus with loads of shops and restaurants
Food at hotel a little bit same night after night but always something to eat for everyone. Cant expect much for that price.
Staff mostly very nice, especialy the polish girl who worked all hours but still with a smile and our daughter loved her and always wanted to go in behind the bar to her, and one of the chinise girls very nice as and polite. The blond girl at reception sometimes bit rude but Dimitra very nice and helpful.
Overall good value for the money."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of March 2010

We went for one week and found the food...

Reviewed Thu 11th of September 2008

"We went for one week and found the food awful. Iam a vegetarian,there was virtualy nothing for me to eat. The stuff was not given any descriptins or clues as to whatit was. Fine for some ,but I like to know what i am eating.So we eat out every night, which we did not expe ct,and this spoilt our holiday.If you like germans this is the place to stay! IF you like good food go somewhere else. Could not fault the weather"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of September 2008

We booked direct with the hotel and book...

Reviewed Thu 28th of August 2008

"We booked direct with the hotel and booked our flights via XL.com. Had a great holiday, Tingaki is a great place and the Ilios Hotel has very clean, nice appartments. We have been to Ilios once before and the Air Conditioning is definately a must have (due to the temperate in Greece and the fact that it deters any bugs).

Pool and rooms are excellent in Ilios. Breakfast is targetted more at the German guests, but it is fine.

Only one thing I would complain about at Ilios was the main bar by reception. This had fairly grumpy staff and was constintly running out of Diet Coke etc, etc. This is in complete contrast to the rest of Ilios, where all staff are friendly.

Please be aware if you have difficulty walking that it is a reasonable walk from the hotel to the main road (where all shops / restaurants are). This road has certainly got busier since we were there six years ago (our previous visit) and can feel a bit dangerous at night.

If your looking for a great restaurant, good food and reasonable then try the New Rodini - run by a lovely family who are very child friendly.

All in all a great holiday and no reason why I wouldn't go back again."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of August 2008

We have just returned from the Ilios hot...

Reviewed Fri 15th of August 2008

"We have just returned from the Ilios hotel. On arrival it looks very good, but that's where it ends. The majority of the staff are pretty rude with the exception of a couple. The room was clean on first impressions, but was dirty really. The floor had not been cleaned from the previous occupants so not good. There was cutlery in the draws that still had food all over them & the plates were filthy. The beds were clean initially, but for the week we stayed there, they were made a couple of times but not changed. The beds are VERY hard and 1 pillow that is solid foam! The pools look great but be careful as the pool floor is very rough and you can take the skin off your feet very easily. If you want a sunbed, grab one before 7am or you don't stand a chance. It is not geared up for UK visitors and you are really made to feel this also. Be warned that if you pay for the air con, this will switch off when you leave the room as will ALL of the electric which is not handy if you need to charge things when you are out!
If you are a non smoker, this realy is not the hotel for you as 90% of the other guests when we were there were smoking permanently, everywhere!
Tigaki itself is a nice friendly resort with lots of very friendly bars, restaurants and cafe's.
We ended up having all our meals out as the food in the hotel was pretty bad and was pretty much the same every day.
Overall it was a very disappointing holiday as we had been saving and looking forward to it for a long time.
I shall be staying in the UK next year Rain or Sun!"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of August 2008

I’ve just come home from Kos i was the...

Reviewed Sat 26th of July 2008

"I’ve just come home from Kos i was there from 9/7/08 till 23/7/08 i stayed in tigaki in a hotel called ilios hotel i was very disappointed when i got there to find that our room hadn’t been cleaned from the previous family staying in it and the receptionist said she had no idea when it would be cleaned "Maybe not till tomorrow" She Said!! luckily there were 5 of us So We Had 2 Rooms one of the rooms had been cleaned so we had to wait a few hours till our room was done. Not a good start. Throughout the whole holiday our room was dirty, we were given clean towels which were dirty and were full of stains, and the sheets were only changed one or 2 times.
Absolutely Full Of Mosquitoes, Had About 60 Bites Throughout The Holiday So If Your Going Here Make Sure you Take Plenty Of Repellent!!
The Food Is Awful Do Not Eat here!! very poor selection of food everything is very salty, and its full of flies, at breakfast there were flies all over the bread and rolls even one morning we found a spider crawling in the beans! And The Egg yolk Was Grey!!
The Staff Were Rude And very unfriendly.
Felt Like we didn’t Fit In As There Were Very Few English People Out Of About 300 people.
The Pools Are Nice Bit Small For The Amount Of People, And By The Time I Left It Was So Busy That There Wasn’t Even Half Enough Sun Loungers For The Amount Of People!!
Tigaki Itself Is Nice There Are Plenty Of Bars And Nice Places To Eat With Lovely Food!! There Is A Good Bus Service To Get Around However We Hired A Car For The 2weeks.
i really wouldn’t recommend going To the Ilios Hotel. Me and my family were very disappointed as we were looking forward to this holiday for months!!"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

Tingaki fantastic place to visit. Lovely...

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2007

"Tingaki fantastic place to visit. Lovely beaches friendly people, lovely restaurants. Ilios starting to look a little tatty around the edges. Our room was rather tatty.

We have been there 5 times but going to a different hotel next year. They really need to smarten the place up a bit. But the staff are friendly.

Don’t go half board the food is terrible. But lovely food sold at the snack bar."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of October 2007

We have just returned from 2 weeks at th...

Reviewed Thu 9th of August 2007

"We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Ilios apartments and we have had a great time.

The hotel is well run and kept tidy and clean. The rooms where spacious and the cleaner came in every day. The towels and bedding are changed regular and the bins where emptied daily. We had the aircon for the two weeks which cost around 100 euro's but it was well worth it.

The pool area was great fun they play good music at the bar and we met loads of families and joined in games. The staff at the pool bar are great fun and had every one laughing and it’s great to sit at the swim up bar and get out of the sun for abit.

Tigaki is a lovely resort suitable for families and couples. The Greek people are so friendly and we had some delicious meals and it was very cheap to eat out it usually cost around 40 Euros for 3 of us and the was with starters, mean meal and wine. There are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.

The beach was around a 20 min walk from the Ilios apartments which was a bit of a bind in the heat but it’s worth the effort. Not very good form snorkelling though we didn’t see any fish at all.

I would recommend this place to families with teenagers and younger ones looking for a taste of Greece staying at a good fun hotel that make you very welcome.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2007

Just come back from the Ilios had a fant...

Reviewed Wed 11th of July 2007

"Just come back from the Ilios had a fantastic time. The rooms were spot on, very clean. The maids came in every day apart from Sunday. The pool bar was brill. The atmosphere round it was really good, Iccillis the barman was a little dream he was lovely. So was Babis the other barman in the hotel bar they all made you feel very welcome. The sun shone all the two weeks we was there. Tingaki is a lovely resort, it is a strip with loads of restaurants and a few bars ,Masgots is the best . At the end of the strip there is the beach. I recommend a trip down to Kos town and go on one of the boat trips for a fantastic day out.

I would go back to the Ilios but was my first first time in Greece so I am going to try other islands. I have fallen in love with Greece, the people are lovely and would do anything to make your holiday a good one."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of July 2007

I returned from Ilios 2 weeks ago and I...

Reviewed Fri 6th of July 2007

"I returned from Ilios 2 weeks ago and I wish I was still there! I went with my 2 sisters and my parents and had the best time ever!

The rooms were lovely nice and tidy, the food was great and the staff were brilliant.

We made many friends at Ilios especially Achileas, Babis, Youlis, Christos and loads more who enjoyed taken all of us out to the clubs in Kos and Tingaki.

Thanks guys you lot made my holiday one to remember.

I am looking to book up for next year but this time I will take my daughter with me as I think she would have loved it.

Anyone who was there at the time I was it would be nice to hear from you... I was the girl that wore the Celtic top.

Bye for now, Lisa."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of July 2007

Hotels near Ilios Hotel

Top traveller tips for Ilios Hotel

• Linda from Cannock by Linda from Cannock

"Be open to different foods and nationalities "

• Christopher G by Christopher G

"the beach is lovely and really close and they run a bus to it :) "

• Kirsty S by Kirsty S

"Don't get off the bus! Or take a mattress topper! "

Ilios Hotel is also called