Good

Great Place, booked for third visit next year already!

Reviewed Wed 10th of September 2014

"Came here last year and was amazed at the level of service for the budget we holiday on. Came again this year and only returned last night. Within 1 hour, re booked for next year!
Ignore the "dirty" reviews, we had a maid every day for the bins and clean towels every other day with the apartment cleaned out.
Beautiful setting with pomegranate, Lime, Orange and banana trees in the grounds.
€65 for two weeks A/C, very reasonable and needed.
Never had so many utensils to self cater with, not that we used them much with so many great tavernas on the door step.
Their own beech is a Greek road width and length of tennis court away! It is stony so I highly recommend buying the very cheap shoes all the local shops sell, throw them away after the holiday.
Bus is €1.50 to town though at busy times they can be full so don't stop.
Three times in 3 years, been to lots of Greek islands and don't feel the need to try other Islands or apartments, pretty much says it all.

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2014

got better

Reviewed Mon 25th of July 2011

"arrived at hotel early hours of morning got handed keys to appartment told where to go right at back behind pool must have been oldest part awfull appartment light was broke on outside stairs my partener fell and hurt his ankle next morning after we complained we where moved overlooking front 100% better loved emerald and her family she moved us next morning and give us a meal at hotel would'nt have been happy to stay for 2wks where they first put us in end had a lovely appartment was'nt keen on beach all pebbles food in taverna opp garage 1st class and old guy in garage a star used to sit having a baccy in a petrol station!!! always had crack with him!! handy bus stop in to kos!! had a lovely holiday and have been to nicer greek islands!!"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of July 2011

book now

Reviewed Fri 18th of June 2010

"we stayed at the hotel in may stavros smoro run the hotel they are fantastic nothing was a problem all the staff were great we loved it that much we are going back in july the resort of psalidi is lovley i would recomend it to all we had 2 teenage lads with us they loved it tish brian daniel matthew ps stavros loves geordies"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of June 2010

great hotel

Reviewed Mon 14th of June 2010

"Just returned from a wonderful holiday in the Nirides Beach Hotel, first review I have ever written but feel I have to write this one. Everyone at the hotel treat the guests like family, they do everything they can to make your stay truly enjoyable, nothing is too much trouble! The hotel itself is lovely, everywhere is spotless and in a good location, the bus stop is just outside the hotel but its not far to walk into Kos town. if you prefer! The bbq night is great and very good value for money. We would recommend it to anyone and we can hardly wait to return!"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of June 2010

Friendliest atmosphere possible

Reviewed Fri 11th of June 2010

"Just returned from two weeks at this hotel and feel like I have left friends behind. We found the facilities excellent and the position overlooking the turquoise blue sea beautiful but what makes this family run hotel a cut above the rest are the people.

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special and nothing was ever too much trouble, with any small problems sorted immediately with a smile. The owners and management really do put their guests first.

Also highly recommend the Greek Night - great fun and very good value.

All in all, can't wait to return."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of June 2010

Always great value for money

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"3rd year here and it gets better every time, the owners and staff are great, nothing is too much trouble and they are always helpful, the rooms are always updated and redecorated, clean , tidy with everything you need, the food is great value and the English breakfast will keep you going all day long while you relax by the pool or on the private beach only 50m away. It's a great location for kos town, walking is easy, car and bike hire is also available, we are Scuba divers and made the most of the on site dive centre here. Awesome holiday!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of May 2010

Where do I start?!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"I really don't know where to start with my review of this hotel. I have never had an experience like it. I've never been touched by such hospitability, kindness & friendliness. I had the BEST holiday of my life, made only better by the Hotel. Clean, modern, English speaking staff. It was the perfect location for a holiday. Close to the town, bus over the road for those who don't want the brisk walk to the town. Great food in the hotel, or a short walk to Tavernas over the road. I have already spoken to friends about returning again next year. I have never reviewed a hotel on the web before, but I felt obliged to with Hotel Niriides. I can't wait to go for the World Cup next year!

Chris"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of July 2009

Great stay at the Niridiides Beach Hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We had previously stayed at the Niriides Beach Hotel in 2008 and were impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms and the helpfulness of the management. We opted for another 2 weeks this year and were not not dissapointed. The rooms have been updated with newly glazed windows, the staff welcomed us like family. The poolside had been changed to give a shaded area for those who found the sun too much. We had some of our evening meals in the hotel which were very good value for money considering some of the meals you can get in other hotels. The reception staff of Natalie, Joanna and the night porter were always polite and very helpful nothing was too much trouble. The poolside snack bar is run by Kiros who is a very cheery and helpful guy again nothing was too much much trouble and he makes a mean greek salad and omellette.
The management team of Emerald and Stavros go out of their way to ensure you have a relaxing and pleasent stay. This is not a five star luxury hotel but if you want five star service and a pleasent and relaxed hotel with a very greek family feel with staff who try to ensure you have the best of stays then this is the place to book."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of July 2009

Niriides Hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of June 2009

"This is the second time we have stayed at the Niriides Beach Hotel in Psalidi Kos. The staff here are really helpful and cheerful nothing is too much trouble. Natalie and Joanne at reception are wonderful. The management team of Emerald and Stavros will make sure any problem(if any) is resolved speedly. Kiros at the pool bar will entertain and assist with any to do with the pool area. His snacks are really good and tasty. The cleaning of the hotel is excellent, sheets are changed every two days, rooms are cleaned daily. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone for a first class service done with a smile and a passion to please then this is the hotel for you."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of June 2009

Arrive as guests depart as friends

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Our second visit (first in 2007) the hotel has just had a refurb(nothing wrong before) the rooms have fresh decor,tv.fridge .hair dryer & tea/coffee makeing epquiptment. now even better.What is the extra factor to this hotel is the staff all genuine,& very friendly. We just seen to have a laugh whilst we stayed. I would & have no hesitation in reccomending to anyone. Thanks to all the staff,see you again."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of June 2009

No way 3 Stars

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Just arrived back from a 1 week stay in the Niriides Beach Hotel Apartments. The first impression of the hotel reception, lounge and bar area are good.
That I am afraid were it all ended. I was given apartment 17 the furthest apartment in the grounds. This we soon found out came with double alarm clocks in the shape of 2 cockerels. No way were my wife and I putting up with them starting at 04.30 hrs every morning.
I immediately asked to be moved and was put into a traditional bungalow 21B to the right hand side of the hotel.
Traditional in Greece means refurbishment. Also never had a change of bed linen or towels for the whole week, maid came in moped floor and emptied bins only, no cleaning done at all.
I cannot comment on the hotel bedrooms but a previous review I read was spot on.
We thought the pool area was past its best, with loungers held together with sticks and tape. Never went in the pool it was far too cloudy and had scum marks all around the pool above the water line plus the water exit ports were green. The pool area and pool were never cleaned the whole week we were there.
Other guests in apartments and hotel encountered the same as us.
When this was brought to the manager’s attention she became aggressive, confrontational and sarcastic. Would I go back, no way? Go to Thomson's little gem the Bahamas stayed there in June for 2 weeks and see the difference in cleanliness and hospitality.
Kos itself was great, hire bikes to get around, weather was fantastic.
Graham from Lancashire."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of September 2008

We have been coming to Kos for the last...

Good
Reviewed Wed 3rd of September 2008

"We have been coming to Kos for the last 13 years staying on the island at least 24 trips. Having stayed in a variety of hotels within the Kos Town area with various price ranges we decided to stay at the Nirides Beach Hotel for our latest trip. I had read reviews on this hotel prior to arriving and to say the least we did not expect much but knowing greek hotels we hoped that it would be clean and the staff hospitable. Well we were really suprised with the warm welcome we recieved when we arrived. The room contary to the reviews was clean and although basic perfectly adequate for our needs. The following morning we went down to a typical greek continental breakfast. During our stay at the hotel the staff were friendly and attentive. The pool bar attendant Kiros was an excellent host nothing was too much for him. The reception staff could not have been more helpful. My wife and myself were so impressed with the good standard given by all the staff, the warmness of their attention that we have rebooked for next year. I find it disheartening to read negative reviews on small local hotels like the Nirides who are struggling to compete with the pressures of the All Inclusive brigade which to my mind offer a much reduced level of personal service to the ruination of the traditional local welcome. If travellers want carpetted rooms, central heating, air con then if they have the money to pay for it then dont knock the small provider who give many a traveller value for money like the Nirides Beach Hotel. "

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of September 2008

Hotels near Niriides Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Niriides Beach Hotel

• "there are numerous 3 islands cruise is a must but book at the harbour its cheaper "

• dusty by dusty

"area needs attention buildings shut down "

• Simon W by Simon W

"Any problems, speak to the Staff, warm, courtious and helpful. "

• mommagreen by mommagreen

"Great location giving lovely walk into Kos town and buses stopping outside hotel "

• tishy by tishy

"great place lovley resort "

Niriides Beach Hotel is also called