About Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel

• tv channel one russia

Good

lovely people, lovely holiday

Reviewed Wed 23rd of May 2012

"Just got back & we loved every minute. Staff are lovely, can't do enough for you, they work so hard. we always took the bus into Kos, which is very easy- costs $3.20 for 2 one way, or a few cents cheaper if you buy from the Booth when coming back from Kos.
The hotel has such a lovely feel to it- gardens are beautiful, yes, the shore is pebbly- but buy those beach shoes & you will be fine. We were all inclusive & the food was the best we have ever had- and we are fussy vegetarians.We had both an Italian & a Chinese night- food & service was excellent in both. The clientèle was well behaved- I didn't come across any rudeness or pushing in like you usually can expect from a mixed nationality crowd. Towels are not allowed to be put on sunbeds early, so no problems there- There are also 2 pools, so if you want a quieter one, go there (bar there too) rooms & areas are spotless, the animation team are not pushy at all, and genuinely interested in you, but do ask if you want to dance, or play games etc. The shows on a night looked very good, but we tended to be elsewhere.
I can't big this place up enough- I would go back there in a heartbeat.
niggles if you were very very picky. TV in room is old- but who cares? I turned it on once & turned it off- didn't have it on again during our stay. WiFi is free & plentyful- can be slow, but early mornings are quick if you must get those emails etc!
BIG thankyou to the reception letting me at their computer to print off my return RyanAir ticket !!!! and for our free upgrade to room 561- it was special.(Beds tend to be large singles pushed together- but very comfortable - air con is free) Thank you again so very much
By the way- the booze is named brands- e.g. Baileys (if they have any left after our hit it!) Gordons Gin, etc, the lager greek generic- my Hubby liked it- the white wine was lovely in the bar- and try the Seven Dwarves Cocktails if you dare- Sleepys are well recommended.

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of May 2012

Excellent Holiday!!!

Reviewed Thu 12th of May 2011

"I have just got back from a weeks all inclusive at the ramira beach hotel in kos, it was fantastic!!!
The hotel was beautiful exactly what it shows in the pics!!!
The pool was the only downfall as it is salt water, but still is very clean.
The staff are all very friendly, always asking if you need anything, they were happy and very cheery, just what you like to see.
The entertainment was great too, every night there is something happening, which is great for people of all ages!!!
The resturant was amazing, food was always brilliant something for everyone, plenty of fruit and veg and salads!!
Definatley worth the trip, had such a lovely time, weather was a bit rubbish a couple of days but apart from that it was the best holiday yet!!!! "

• Travel date: Sun 8th of May 2011

Excellent Staff and Great Hotel

Reviewed Fri 27th of August 2010

"Just returned from holiday here and I must say what a great holiday it was.
The staff are excellent at this hotel and can't do enough for you. The food was wide ranging with a separate Chinese and Italian Restaurant (you must pre book these straight away) and the drink was free flowing.
The facilities were good , the animation team run sporting events all day and always try and get as many people to take part.
The rooms were o.k. and did the job.I think we were in a room that had not been refurbished for a while.
Would definitely recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of August 2010

Nice people

Reviewed Tue 3rd of August 2010

"We booked our holiday to Ramira Beach Hotel a few weeks ago and I am writing this review having had contact with the staff but sadly been unable to travel. We booked through Jetline and when Goldtrail went bust we had to re-book new flight before later finding out the seats sold were unavailable. However, I had spoken with the hotel who confirmed our booking, were very friendly and polite, so I think they deserve some praise for been good during the misfortune. "

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of July 2010

after reading all these comments, i dont...

Reviewed Sun 5th of October 2008

"after reading all these comments, i dont know if we all went to the same hotel!!!

i went to ramira beech july/august 2008. it was amazing! the best you could ever have!
im only 13 and took my friend along , with my family. we all had such a good time, im desperate to go back!
we went for 2weeks, and not once were we bored!!!
whilst i was there it was my birthday, and all the staff made a great big fuss over me!!!
the staff were so so nice, it just felt great. the food was brilliant, big shout to efi - pancake lady!!! although the pool was sal****er, it was still very fun! we didnt spend much time at the big pool, mostly the small and the beech, although the beech was stoney, the bar and water was sooo good. you need to wear a pair of watershoes though! the fish were so close and when you went snorkling you could almost touch them! the enterainment was great, and we all had some great laughs. this place is perfect for families, young kids and romantic couples! no-one got food poisening. (so to whoever did up there, unlucky!). everywhere we looked people were laughing, and smiling. you do have to get up early for sunbeds, but its worth it!!! although the mosquitos were around alot, jungle formula keeps them away, so if youve got kids at the ages of 5-16, its great. GO THERE. I WOULD AGAIN!!!!!!!
I LOVED IT X"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2008

the hotel was nice and spacious. the ov...

Reviewed Fri 29th of August 2008

"the hotel was nice and spacious. the overall look was pleasant. employees were helpful. food was bit samey samey.
the reason i'm putting in review is that me, my daughter and my husband all contracted food poisoning half way through our holiday. my husband didn't feel ill with it but me and my daughter spent the rest of our holiday in bed feeling sick and had diarroeah. i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this at this hotel?"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2008

Me (13) my mum, mums friend and daughter...

Reviewed Sun 15th of June 2008

"Me (13) my mum, mums friend and daughter (14) stayed at Ramira Beach Psalidi in May 2008 for one week, for me it was one of the best holidays I have ever been on, for the first time I actually did not want to go home! It took us a couple of days to settle in but once we had we were all set, we explored cos town which was lovely, and also did some good hard relaxing and having fun at the hotel. We started talking to some of the animation team (Mostly Mickey and Bogey) they were the most friendly and happy people I have ever met, after every show Mickey, Bogey or Mo (Mo was leaving for another hotel the day we were going home) would come and talk to us and we would have a really good long chat. The shows were brilliant and there was such a mixture of comedy and seriousness it was unreal. The nice thing about it though was that the animation team would have a giggle to themselves when onstage (especially on the comedy night!), there were some pretty funny costumes as Mickey was dressed as a ballerina, Mo a carpenter, Bogey a policemen, Flo a cung-foo artist, Ene a station master and there were two others but I didn’t know there names, this was all for the comedy show where they were singing a song we all know: If I was not a (in this case) working in this hotel something else I’d rather like to be…..If I was not working in this hotel a …. I’d like to be! It was hilarious and the choreography was fantastic! It was amazing how much English they could all speak, especially since Mickey self taught himself from watching English TV programmes and reading the Romanian subtitles! They all kept us happy. The rest of the hotel staff were just as friendly, we also got to know Angelo from the Chinese restaurant. We got to know everybody really well and could have done with a couple of extra days (well weeks in my opinion). When it came to saying goodbye we were all devastated but got a big hug and goodbye from Bogey and Mickey, which cheered us up. We are planning to go back to the same hotel next year, and hopefully Mickey and Bogey will still be there as it would be good to see them again. The food from the two separate restaurants (Chinese and Italian) was lovely but the food from the main buffet was okay to me and the friend I was with but my mum and friends mum loved it, we ate out only about two times so it mustn’t of been that bad! I recommend this Hotel to people of all ages as there was a mixture of ages there and they all seamed to enjoy it just as much as each other! We have been missing it like mad since we got on the plane! The only bad thing I could say about the hotel is that we were staying in a V.I.P room but there were rust spots on the floor which made us get black marks on our feet (which soon went away) and some marks on one skirt (which they had dry cleaned) it also got onto some of there towels but they did not realise that it was there fault until they came and saw the room so at first they were trying to charge us! But they came, inspected the room and apologised, so it was all fine. None of this affected our stay. Only one more year and I’ll be there again (hopefully) I cant wait!"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008

Ramira Beach Kos the best hotel in Greec...

Reviewed Thu 22nd of May 2008

"Ramira Beach Kos the best hotel in Greece. It´s so perfect for children and adults. We have been visiting Ramira six times end we will go there again next year. The food is excellent many dishes to choose between. There is booth a italian and a chinese restaurant and then you still have greek traditionell food every night. The dessert, icecream and fruits is fantastic. The staf are very nice. There is a main bar with booth drinks,coffee ,tea and drinks for the children. You can order a children cocktail with no alcohol for your child.
I can really recommend the beach bar who serves dishes to. Like a greek gyros.
The poolarea is very nice with many sunbeds. They have an entertaintment crew who offers diffrent games if you like all day trough. In the evening they have diffrent shows.
We love Ramira and we will visit Ramira again 2009.

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of May 2008

We stayed at Ramira Beach a few years ag...

Reviewed Mon 24th of September 2007

"We stayed at Ramira Beach a few years ago and had a lovely time but this time it was even better. The hotel lobby has been renovated as have some of the rooms.

The restaurant has also been totally revamped and is now very posh with lovely leather high back chairs. The food is really lovely and there is so much choice. I can definitely recommend the beach bar for lunch, the gyros, and pizza are freshly made and the beer is served in ice cold glasses from the freezer.

The staff are exceptional, from the waiters to the cleaners; they all work hard and cannot do enough for you. The entertainment is typical animation team style but it is good fun and suitable for all ages.

We will definitely be returning to Ramira Beach and I would recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of September 2007

This hotel is advertised as a 5* when it...

Reviewed Fri 31st of August 2007

"This hotel is advertised as a 5* when it clearly failed to even push a 3*. On arrival, at 6am the hotel night receptionist, a man named "Stelios" was rude, and most unhelpful leaving us to our own devices. Our room had cockroaches, the balcony made of wood was rotting away. If a child had leaned on it, it probably would have fallen!

All entertainment is for children, after the bar shuts at 12, you are told to move outside, where "Stelios" from reception comes around and tells you to go to your room as there are complaints of too much noise (there were 2 of us on one occassion and 4 on another). Please beware you are absolutely eaten alive by mosquito's - no repellant works, I think the wee buggers actually thrive on it.

The food is the same every day so it is a nice change to go out and actually pay for something different. The pool water is very salty, much more than the sea.

The lobby, bar area and hotel has no air conditioning anywhere apart from in the rooms. Beds are made of concrete with mattresses.

The bar staff at the main pool and chess bar pool have seasonal jobs, but are the friendliest ever, the only pleasure we had!!!

Buses are shown as every 15 minutes to Kos but are every half hour. Greek shops do not haggle with you so no point in trying.

We had a great trip to Bodrum for the day, but book this in Kos as the rep charges 10 euro extra.

At Kos airport check-in desk, label your luggage, send it through the conveyor belt before telling you that you were overweight, and send you to pay an excruciating amount before they issue your boarding card. You cannot get your case back to check or even remove items - annoying as I had no hand luggage and this was not even counted. They charge for anything!!

Our initial holiday was to Mexico but cancelled due to the hurricanes, so this was a replacement. In all honesty I would have rather suffered tail end of high winds than EVER gone to Kos. You have been warned. "

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

The Ramira Beach is situated on the coas...

Good
Reviewed Fri 31st of August 2007

"The Ramira Beach is situated on the coast road out of Kos Town in Psalidi.

I have previously had not the most enjoyable experience at a Mitsis Hotel, staying at the Summer Palace in Kardemena, however, the Ramira Beach is infinitely better in my view.

We booked to stay there this year and were informed that we were double booked the day before arrival and relocated to a nearby hotel. I am fairly pragmatic about these things and as such, we spent a degree of time in this hotel and have visited it previously.

The location is good, the pool well situated and the kids club and entertainment to a reasonable standard. In fact my daughter insisted on going to the hotel and paying to buy drinks-eventhough we were all inclusive elsewhere- she enjoyed the shows so much!

The pool area is very, very slippy and I am surprised that it is still so having been the subject of some comment by a number of reviewers on the net.

The beach commented on by some reviewers is just how it is in this part of Psalidi, no matter which hotel you stay at.

All in all a reasonable class hotel, not a true five star, however, very enjoyable nevertheless. "

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

When I arrived at the hotel in the night...

Reviewed Tue 28th of August 2007

"When I arrived at the hotel in the night it looked lovely (but looks can be decieving!!!). I entered my hotel room and there were dirty towels in the bathroom, dead mozzies all over the walls, I was discusted the beds hadent even been made and the bed sheets where dirty!!!!!

I finally got to sleep and woke up the next day and saw the hotel in daylight. O.M.G it was horrid, the pool was filthy, the floor was very very slippy. The food was discusting what ever didn't get eaten at breakfast was made into something else for lunch and then whatever didn't get eaten at lunch was reheated and made into something else for tea so basicly the food was like bubble and squeek!!!!

The beer/alcahol was like drinking bleach it had a horrible after taste and didn't do the job. The entertainment was poor and the men out of the annimation team where very pervy.

I had seven sleepless nights as the mozzies where eating me alive and the shop had sold out of mozzie repelant and they was ammune to it anyway if I recieved a penny for every time I got bitten I'd be a millionaire.

The beach wasent a beach it was more like a Quarry/Rockery, Blackpool pleasure beach is so much nicer and its cheaper so if I was you I'd think twice about wasting your money on this rubbish DIVE.

My overall rating is 0 out of 10 I only put 1 out of ten as this computer wouldn't let me put the rating any lower. My advice is don't waste your money like I did!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of August 2007

Hotels near Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel

• Maggie B by Maggie B

"elastic waisted clothing . ;D, oh, and beach shoes/cheap flip flops for the rocky beach "

Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel is also called