We booked a last minute deal to the Kos...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"We booked a last minute deal to the Kos Bay for a week, It is a very nice, clean, well kept and friendly hotel too, the only down side is the hotels 99% German and a lot of the entertainment was in German so as you could imagine my 3 year old son didn’t want to participate in a lot of the activities, which was a shame as they do lots for children!

A week was plenty for us, this hotel would suit young families wanting a relaxing time.

Overall a fantastic break away!

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

A beautiful hotel in a beautiful setting...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"A beautiful hotel in a beautiful setting.

The lobby, poolside and accommodation were all incredibly spacious (and there was no need to dash to reserve a sun bed at dawn).

The restaurant was spotlessly clean, and the food served was of a very high standard, with vegetarian diets catered for.

Kos is a beautiful island, and worthy of spending a few days touring.

The hotel itself is quiet, but if you want to be entertained with an animation programme, you are at liberty to visit the other hotels on the complex, use their facilities, and take part in any activities they lay on. My children, aged 13 & 10, went to the Kos Bay View hotel next door on a few occasions to see the shows.

On the whole I would recommend the hotel to anyone, in spite of 2 problem days: the first was when one of the 2 pools was out of use due to filter break down. The communication to the guests was poor. The second was on the day when the hotel hosted a wedding. The needs of the holiday guests were secondary to those of the wedding party. We were made to feel unimportant, and many people were kept awake till 4 am by the music.

However, looking back, I can honestly say that I came home feeling like I had been living like royalty for a fortnight, in a plush and dignified establishment.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

Best breakfasts I've had anywhere in the world

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I, my 2 kids and my mum stayed here for a week and had a fabulous time. Even my mum, who can find fault with most things, really enjoyed it.
OK maybe it's not quite 5 star but it wasn't a 5 star price either. The breakfasts were the best I've had anywhere in the world (and I have travelled around the world) with fresh waffles, melted chocolate, fresh fruit, cheeses and cold cuts, besides all the usual cooked food, baked goods, cereals, greek yoghourt, yummy ready mixed muesli with grated apple, various fruit juices and even hot chocolate on tap. I'd go again just for the breakfast. Dinner in the evening was good though not exceptional and all drinks including water had to be ordered and paid for.
The outdoor pool areas were pleasant but the water was a little chilly for me, the kids didn't seem to mind though.
I can see why some visitors consider it souless in the evening as the bar is not inviting, but you can always pop to the Kos Bay View round the back for more lively entertainment, particularly for the kids.
Our suite reminded me of standard Holiday Inn or Sheraton type accommodation in style. With the curtains closed you could have been anywhere, but we had a huge balcony the width of our 2 generous rooms with a sea view which was rather nice.
The hotels location is one of its best assets. Psalidi has several good tavernas and some little shops just a short stroll down the hill, and its a 10 min bus ride into Kos Town for more shops, tavernas, boats to Turkey and lots of fabulous ancient ruins, even a Roman villa too. If you hop on a bus the other way along the coast road you reach a beach with a thermal spring which heats the sea water to the temperature of a hot bath. How's that for holiday bliss in October!"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of April 2005

Good for Greece

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I have given this hotel the above average rating considering it is in Greece, If I were to compare it to similar rated hotels i've stayed in, in other parts of the world then it would deserve a lesser rating.

I personally have had very bad experiences with Greece resulting in me being very picky when it comes to booking hotels in Greece, and this hotel really is very good on a grecian standard. And the bathroom did not smell of sewage at all, as I have experienced before in many greek hotel rooms!!! It was lovely & spacious & clean.

The Rooms were very big, with a huge balcony, which had a gorgeous view of the sea and Turkey - very beautiful to open the curtains in the morning and see this.

A slight problem was the fact that this hotel is right at the top of a hill, but if it were at the bottom it wouldn't benefit from the gorgeous views. A shuttle bus runs all day taking you from the top to bottom of the hill free of charge, which made life very easy.

There is a bus stop at the foot of the hill where the hotel is based and so you are able to easily hop on a bus in to Kos town for a couple of euros. Then in Kos Town you are able to catch boat trips to turkey & surrounding islands etc....

The Food was slightly canteen like, but ok & some nights had really nice dishes to choose from - we got out of the hotel a few nights and ate in Kos town which was nice. And the alcohol included in was also ok.

Rooms were air conditioned which was a god-send. I would reccomend this hotel to friends as had no problems with it at all & as mentioned earlier considering it was in Greece it was of an excellent standard."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of March 2005

5 Star is a big exaggeration

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Its more like a 3 star airport travel lodge - apart from the lobby which is initially impressive. But that would have been ok if the majority of the staff hadn't been so rude at every opportunity they got.

The pool area is quite nice, again initially, until you notice the thick band of slime running around it.

The worst thing about it is the island itself... a windswept desert rock, with an ugly cockroach infested town, rough water and rocky beaches.

I think people go to the Dodecanese for the cheap booze and fags (its duty free) - so if thats your thing you'll probably love the place."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of October 2004

Worst holidays ever

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"This is the worst hotel in the worst place I've ever been to. It's advertised as a 5 star hotel, but it's barely a 3 star: food is awful, people are incredibly rude (specially 2 waiters called Mustapha and Vassilis - they really treat you like crap), the gym is ridiculous (in the basement, and there's 3 old and run down machines!!!), the pool restaurant serves burgers with hairs inside of it... The hotel is populated with low/lower middle class brit families with annoying kids who invade the swimming pool area during the day.
The island is a dry rock: very few nice beaches (the only one really nice is invaded by a Club Med resort - btw, go there instead of Kipriotis Panorama, you'll get better value for money and it's cheaper!), not a single good restaurant (or maybe 1, a good 25 mins walk off from Kos city), public transport is a joke and everything is super expensive!!!
In a word, don't go."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of October 2004

A great Hotel

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"We went to the Panorama in the second week of October, 2004.The hotel is about 2-3 min. walk up the hill and about 10 min. bus trip to Kos town (about 15min bus interval till 11pm). The room was clean and large with a good seaview. In fact most rooms were seaview rooms (higher floors recommended). Everything you need was in the room except slippers, iron or teamaker, use of safe was chargeable. The restaurant for breakfast and dinner was big and clean and there were many choices of food although half of them were not to my personal preference, I admit I am a very fussy eater. One waiter upset my wife a bit by telling her that she was sitting at the table laid out for 3 people in an somewhat impolite manner but all the other waiters and waitresses were very friendly. I guess there is always one or two staff ruin the reputation for the others in any hotel. The receptionists were very helpful and friendly, they even arranged our breakfast at 7am if needed. There were little entertainment in the bar with an occasional pianist but it was a five stars hotel bar where you could have a quiet drink and a good chat. There were no shortage of loud music bars near by if you preferred. All the pictures in the web about this hotel were true except the photographer was a little clever about the swimming pool. It was not as big as it showed although with quite a fair size (there were 2 adult pools and a children's pool). We enjoyed ourselves in this hotel and I think it is probably the best hotel in the island."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of October 2004

Brilliant Views

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"Read the reviews before I went found most of them useful so I wanted to write one when I got back.
Stayed here in Oct 04.
The hotel was overbooked when we arrived so we had to stay at the Maris for 1 night which was annoying. But they gave us a free lunch and upgraded our room. when we finally checked in to the panorama, it is a very nice hotel. The views are amazing. the hotel is spotless. The rooms are very nice. To be honest there is not much I could fault the food was very good and I am veggie. We did have a car which was good. The beach is shingly, but the pool area is so nice at the hotel that we didn't really go to the beach. I found the staff and service at the hotel good, 2 of the waiters at the restaurent were a bit rude. But there are at least 15 - 20 waiters in the restaurent. Overall we had a great holiday and would definately stay again."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of October 2004

Brilliant Location, very nice hotel. We...

Reviewed Thu 30th of September 2004

"Brilliant Location, very nice hotel. We have a 9 month baby and the staff were great. There is a fridge in the room. The food buffet had loads to choose from especially as I am a vegetarian. Service was generally excellent there were 2 waiters in the dining room that were not very friendly. The Hotel itself is immaculate very clean. Views are beautiful. Make sure you go to Kos Town."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of September 2004

Great holiday!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"We went (2 adults) in September 2004 and on first arrival we were very impressed. Each room appeared to have a lovely sea view. The hotel was immaculate, the staff were very friendly and helpful. We went for 1 week All inclusive and the food was really good, there was a great selection for all, including children. There are three bars on the complex and the service in each is fantastic. The two pools are very clean with one hosting the entertainment while the other was quite and relaxing. Evening entertainment catered for all ages and tastes. There is a mixture of German, Dutch, French and English at the hotel.
Excellent holiday would love to go back!"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of September 2004

excellent hotel

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"totally relaxing holiday ,rooms well appointed , sat tv , fridge, hair drier, balcony over looking bodrom in turkey,[it was great to see the sun rise and feel the wamth of the sun.every morning]staff polite and helpfull food good plenty of choice for all tastes,adult focused but children are catered for with a play land and there own pool area
first impressions.the foyer was breath taking .
you could have used all the other hotels in the village complex , and their facilities . entertainment.
congratulations to iberostar."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of September 2004

You could be dissapointed

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"The Panorama is a mixed bag - 5-star resort with 4-star rooms, 3-star food and 2-star service - and a tendancy to over-book rooms judging by our experience (moved to a sister hotel for a day until our room was available) and the number of arguments taking place with the exhaused reception staff. There is no consistency with the staff generally, ranging from helpful and friendly (some), to downright obnoxious (most)."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of September 2004