Continental Palace

Leoforos Papandreou Georgiou, Psalidi 853 00 Greece

Tried the hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Just coming back from Kos I decided to come back to this site and tell about my experince with Continental Palace Hotel. Picking this hotel was solely done based on the comments from this site so I was really interested to see if it justifies all the praises.
Driving from the airport to the hotel we passed many different hotels that I contemplated to book, however it became very clear that a lot of them are in remote places, so I would say that that should be the first thing one needs to be careful about. Valid of course only for those who wish to be close to centre. So when we came to the hotel the staff (lady) at the reception was extreeemly nice, quite unbilevable. Frindly, supportive without being overbearing or made up.
The room was nice, quite big, balcony enourmous (L shaped), view of pool & graden & sea. I have to comment here that I know we were given one of better rooms but I doubt that other are much worse. Furniture and other equipment was OK, although (and I admit here that I am quite demandind) some slight repairs or aesthetic improvements could be done. Fridge was working, TV as well 8although in only had 1 sport, 1 english, 2 german channels, rest was in greek:-)
A/C was working (swithching on and off) but it could have been abit stronger. We were lucky that it wasn't really hot in the evenings and nights (rather chilly in fact) or we would be a bit annoyed with it.
Food (we were on half board option) was good, very varied in the morning, altgough a bit more continental than english style. Dinner was OK as well, various salad options (feta cheese as much as you can eat) and cold starters, 3-4 types of meat for main dish, 3-4 different side dishes. I only miss something like grilled or cooked warm vegetables.
But the best for me was location. In Kos town there is a lot of small hotels but they are mainly 1-2*. CP is the only one that is of better quality. Fair enough it is 20-25min walk from straight city centre but other hotels of this quality are 15-20min drive form the city. We rented bycicles for entire stay and it took us 5min to cycle to the centre.
All in all a very good and sound option, when I go back to Kos I will definitely be going to this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of July 2006

The friendly Hotel

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"This hotel grows on you as you get to know the friendly staff.The hotel is clean, spacious and well laid out. The food is good and the service excellent. The menu becomes a little repetative the second week and the buffet area can become conjested. The pool and grounds area offers various sunny or shaded spots. Bar staff Helena and Sophia were our favourites. My time their leaves me with pleasant memories. This hotel is of four star quality."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of July 2006

great Friendly Hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a fortnight at the Continental Palace, excellent accomodation. The receptionist (Irene) was very helpful and friendly anything you need to know just ask her, bus timetables, places to visit etc. The hotel is very clean and well kept, we had clean towels every day and the room was nice & clean when we returned. The food was very good, my only complaint, the second week was full so everyone was queing. The bar in the hotel was very friendly and was also kept very clean. The pool area again was always clean & tidy, the snack bars were very good.
Irene told us to visit a place called Villa Cafe (on the way to Therma) it is absolutely stunning, the views across the agean sea was magnificent.
Overall we had a great holiday and would certainly return to the Continental Palace.
The bar at the bottom of the drive was a lot cheaper than the hotel and the food there was excellent."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of May 2006

friendly hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"this was our 3rd visit to Kos and the Continental Palace. We found the local people and hotel staff very friendly and helpfull, the rooms were nice and the views not bad at all, the reataurant (loved by my wife Julie, especially the cheese)is self service and great, everywhere is very clean. We loved the cycling (not bad for 50+) and the walk into Kos on most days was a pleasant stroll. The pool is good but a little cold, Julie says I'm soft, the outside bars are great and the staff are very friendly, especially the garden bar (a must in the evening after a days traveling.
The hotel also has lots of 2nd and 3rd + timers like us so htey must be doing something right. I would like to say a final thank you to Irene on reception who like all the staff work very hard to make a good holiday great"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of February 2006

Continental Palace made me feel like royalty

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"This was the second year running we've stayed at the Continental Palace and I didn't think they could improve on last year's holiday - but they did. We were welcomed at the door by staff who remembered us; there was an assortment of fruit and a bottle of wine awaiting us in our room and we were even greeted like old friends by some of the non-English-speaking maids. Sea view, excellent variety and quality of food. Taxis were ordered for us by reception staff (no hailing cabs at the roadside) and our daughter and her friend were regularly given a lift into town by staff going off duty to save them spending holiday money on taxi fares. Cannot praise this hotel enough. We have never returned to a holiday destination for a third time, but this could very well be the exception."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of September 2005

Excellent hotel

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"My husband and i stayed at this hotel 1st - 15th sept with airtours. Accommadation was very good large room with balconies that dont overlook each other, maid service was excellent clean towels every day.

we booked on halfboard basis and the food (buffett Style) was very good and a wide choice, only complaint was the dinning area does not have a dress code (people look like they just come off beach for evening meal) and was not non smoking.

We hired bikes, dont use the company by the hotel (24 euros for the week), if you walk 100 metres down the road you can get them for 15 euros for the week.

We found the location of the hotel was excellent, easy walk into Kos Town, during the day or in the evening for a stroll, area was very quite.

Not many English in the hotel the weeks we stayed mainly German, Austrian & Dutch, the hotel does not have much evening entertainment, but all the bars are nice just for sitting and relaxing.

We booked with airtours, who recommended the hotel as adults hotel, there were a few children but mainly younger ones.

Nysoross is must trip to do thre volcano is a wonderful sight

We would certsinly use this hotel again."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2005

Like coming home!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We arrived by taxi on our third visit to this wonderful hotel to be greated and remembered like old friends although it had been 3 years since our last visit. Irene on reception welcomed us back as did Bella from Tomas rentals situated on the corner of the hotel. To our delight we found that nothing had changed - the staff being virtually the same ones as our last visit - Babis as crazy as ever at the main bar - Annika from Sweden at the pool bar - and that wonderful food!!! The hospitality of the staff is fantastic - there is no wonder people go back to this hotel year after year - this year we met a couple who have been coming for 18 years!
Thomas and Manu - a German couple who have been coming 5 years and with who we are meeting up again with next year - at this hotel.
Anyone who wants to fall in love an Island and her people should look no further than the Continental Palace Hotel on Kos - it's like coming home.

Sue Wilson"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of September 2005

Nothing to Fault...

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"The hotels location is good for a start, within 10 minutes you are in the main town. The room was clean and there was a maid service every day. There was a good selection of food, although I found the vegetarian options sometimes limited. There's a beach literally opposite the hotel, which is nice, but small and pebbly - the better beaches are further down near the town.
The hotels pool has to be the highlight for me, it is Olympic size! Theres a snack bar by the pool too, which was friendly.

Watch out for the Greeks at the harbour, it's hard to get away from them trying to sell you day trips on their boats!
It was my first trip to Greece and now I am learning the language!"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of August 2005

Lovely hotel!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We stayed at the Continental Palace Hotel for a week at the end of May 2005. The hotel was immaculately clean. Rooms were cleaned thoroughly every day and the dining area was spotless. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

The pool area was nice - lots of reclining chairs were dotted around the pool and in the surrounding gardens. We stayed half board and found enough choice to satisfy all tastes (there were seven of us with ages ranging from 46 to 10!).
The hotel was just across the road from a beach. This was stoney but still a nice place to swim. Kos town was a 15 minute stroll from the hotel. Bikes could be hired for 3 euros a day and the area is flat enough to ride all around that part of the island.

We couldn't fault the hotel and would certainly go back."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of June 2005

Excellent hotel

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Holiday dates 21st - 28th October 2004
Tour company - Manos

Friendly, well run hotel in a good location.
Rooms are spacious, clean with plenty of storage space for the clothes you didn't need to take!
High standard of decoration throughout

This Hotel is exceptional for its food, both in choice and quality. Ranging from traditional GreeK to more European tastes
Large choice of salad and meat dishes.
At least 5 different types of desert each night

20min walk into Kos centre and harbour which is very pretty with plenty of seating to enjoy the views.

Book your Turkey trip at the harbour - we went on the hydrofoil which took about 25mins and cost 15 Euros's (+ 4 Euros port tax payable on departure) each as averse to the 45 Euros charged by the tour company.

We went on market day (Tuesday), very hustly and bustly but great fun haggling.

We hired bikes for a couple of days at 3Euros each per day. (Kos is almost as flat as a pancake so peddling was easy.

Definitely worth a return visit."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of October 2004

Enjoyable

Reviewed Wed 16th of September 2009

"We have just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks in Kos staying in the Continental Palace Hotel. The hotel was fantastic, very clean with helpful staff and the nice touches that make the whole experience slightly better
On the negative side the food although very good was very repetative with the same meals being served on very regular basis. Also the in house entertainment was lacking in imagination and was very dull, with the hotel location though this was not really an issue as 10 mins walk took you into town where there is something for everyone
The local beaches are very good however we found the 25 min walk to Lampi beach worthwhile and the ice cream shop on route was the best I have ever tasted The hotel pool was great gardens nice and no hassle from over pushy waiter
All in toll a great holiday and fantastic hotel one great idea a shower room for people on there last day so if you leave late at night like we did you can hand in your room at midday go to the beach then take towels from reception and shower before flying home
First class thanks "

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2009

My husband and my parents and I have jus...

Reviewed Wed 6th of August 2008

"My husband and my parents and I have just returned from a lovely holiday in Kos, staying at the Continental Palace Hotel in Psalidi. The Hotel is lovely, it's so clean and the Manager and staff (in particular Irene, Stella, Olga, Katrine, Sophia, Ali and Hassan) are so friendly and welcoming and can't do enough for you to make your holiday totally enjoyable.
The grounds/gardens of the Hotel are absolutely beautiful, there are numerous areas of gardens with pretty trees with pink blossom and there are plentiful amounts of sunbeds in all of these areas. There is a lovely Courtyard setting for the main bar (where you can aslo sit outside for evening meals) and there is also a Garden Bar if you fancy a change of scenery.
The Hotel is in a great position, the local bus stop being just outside the entrance by the beach and there are numerous tavernas to walk to, some being right outside the entrance. The Hotel is on the road level so there are no steep hills to go up to access it so is fine for people with walking difficulties (as in my Dad's case).
The food was excellent with plenty of choice at Breakfast and Dinner time and there was a lovely weekly barbeque in the Pool Snack Bar Area which made a nice change.
The Manager, Mr Samaras was always around overseeing things and was very approachable. He obviously takes his job very seriously and carries it out with great pride which is reflected in the Hotel itself and in the way the staff treat you.

All in all I would recommend this Hotel and would definitely like to go back one day!

• Travel date: Wed 6th of August 2008

Hotels near Continental Palace

Stayed at Continental Palace? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Continental Palace

• Glen Haines by Glen Haines

"Great relaxed attitude, done miss the ice cream shop or castle great "

• Glen Haines by Glen Haines

"castle and quad hire from steve's auto to see island "

Continental Palace is also called