Continental Palace

Leoforos Papandreou Georgiou, Psalidi 853 00 Greece

Enjoyable

Reviewed Wed 16th of September 2009

"We have just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks in Kos staying in the Continental Palace Hotel. The hotel was fantastic, very clean with helpful staff and the nice touches that make the whole experience slightly better
On the negative side the food although very good was very repetative with the same meals being served on very regular basis. Also the in house entertainment was lacking in imagination and was very dull, with the hotel location though this was not really an issue as 10 mins walk took you into town where there is something for everyone
The local beaches are very good however we found the 25 min walk to Lampi beach worthwhile and the ice cream shop on route was the best I have ever tasted The hotel pool was great gardens nice and no hassle from over pushy waiter
All in toll a great holiday and fantastic hotel one great idea a shower room for people on there last day so if you leave late at night like we did you can hand in your room at midday go to the beach then take towels from reception and shower before flying home
First class thanks "

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2009

My husband and my parents and I have jus...

Reviewed Wed 6th of August 2008

"My husband and my parents and I have just returned from a lovely holiday in Kos, staying at the Continental Palace Hotel in Psalidi. The Hotel is lovely, it's so clean and the Manager and staff (in particular Irene, Stella, Olga, Katrine, Sophia, Ali and Hassan) are so friendly and welcoming and can't do enough for you to make your holiday totally enjoyable.
The grounds/gardens of the Hotel are absolutely beautiful, there are numerous areas of gardens with pretty trees with pink blossom and there are plentiful amounts of sunbeds in all of these areas. There is a lovely Courtyard setting for the main bar (where you can aslo sit outside for evening meals) and there is also a Garden Bar if you fancy a change of scenery.
The Hotel is in a great position, the local bus stop being just outside the entrance by the beach and there are numerous tavernas to walk to, some being right outside the entrance. The Hotel is on the road level so there are no steep hills to go up to access it so is fine for people with walking difficulties (as in my Dad's case).
The food was excellent with plenty of choice at Breakfast and Dinner time and there was a lovely weekly barbeque in the Pool Snack Bar Area which made a nice change.
The Manager, Mr Samaras was always around overseeing things and was very approachable. He obviously takes his job very seriously and carries it out with great pride which is reflected in the Hotel itself and in the way the staff treat you.

All in all I would recommend this Hotel and would definitely like to go back one day!

• Travel date: Wed 6th of August 2008

Well what can I say about this hotel, ab...

Reviewed Tue 8th of January 2008

"Well what can I say about this hotel, absolutely amazing!

When we arrived there we were greeted by friendly receptionists who showed us to our rooms. There were lifts to help us cart our luggage to our rooms and people were always happy to help. The grounds and the pool were stunning and it was also very clean.

We had maid service everyday and they were very friendly and helpful and also the same for the bar staff. The pool was cleaned daily. The balcony views were stunning as they overlooked the sea. The restaurant was clean and spacious and also a good selection of food available.

I would definitely go back again!

• Travel date: Tue 8th of January 2008

We have just returned from a really love...

Reviewed Wed 3rd of October 2007

"We have just returned from a really lovely 2 weeks holiday at the Continental Palace Hotel. Really spacious, well run hotel; staff extremely helpful and friendly; food plentiful and much to choose from. Good position set well back from a busy road in its own gardens, with plenty of shady places to escape the sun but within 15 minutes pleasant stroll along the sea front to Kos town where there are lots of lovely shops and tavernas etc.

We didn't put the air-conditioning on a it was extremely noisy and didn't seem to do much so we had the patio doors open at night as there didn't seem to be any mosquitos around! The nearest beach is stony and not easy to get into the sea so we always walked to Lambi which is just the other side of Kos town - about 40 mins to walk though we usually took much longer as we stopped for coffee and the look in all the shops!

Suggest you go on an Island Tour with Tingaki Tours which we booked in the town - not through the rep - much cheaper 28 instead of 40 euros - and included lunch. Use the village bus station in Kos Town to go to Tingaki (lovely beach) or the mountain village of Zia (fantastic views and shops) - only about £1 each way and well worth it. Word of warning if you go to the spa at Thermes - there are no toilets anywhere near and the water is very hot! All in all a great hotel and we would go again sometime hopefully."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2007

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks, w...

Reviewed Sat 30th of June 2007

"We stayed at this hotel for two weeks, when we arrived the check in was quick and easy.

We had a family room on the third floor it was a lovely size our daughter had bunk beds, it did have air conditioning but seemed to be a very old system so there for not doing a lot, so the rooms were very warm at night time it was so hot we had to leave the door open.

The hotel itself is clean and the staff are friendly Irene at reception is lovely she gave us all the times for the buses and recommended places to visit!

The restaurant is a nice size the food was good BUT for us there was too much pushing due to the size of the small buffet area, we wouldn’t want to go high season!

At breakfast there is only one toaster and that’s a nightmare as your bread needs to go through at least twice, people get stroppy over this and also gets congested!!

There are plenty of sun loungers by the pool and in the gardens they also provide mattresses, the pool is a good size and there is also a Jacuzzi.

Kos Town is only a fifteen minute walk away there’s a great selection of bars and restaurants, and lots of great shops, a great way of getting about also is bikes the island is so flat and there are cycle paths also so you feel safe, we cycled into the resort of Lambi, very quite but lovely Beaches.

We went on the bus to Paradise Beach that was lovely so sandy and the water were so clear you could feed the fish by hand.

Thermal springs is a must the bus will take you there and it’s a great experience the waters bubbling and just like your bath water you can smell the sulphur we thought this was great, our daughter loved it.

All in all we had a great holiday and we would go back but not for a while!"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of June 2007

We spent two weeks at this hotel and we...

Reviewed Wed 27th of June 2007

"We spent two weeks at this hotel and we had a great time. When we arrived checking in was quick and straight forward.

We had a family room that had bunk beds the room was a great size, our daughter who is eleven was over the moon to have her own bed (not a fold up one).

The restaurant was okay it was buffet service which can get a little crowded and people will push with elbows not the greatest experience with a child. Be warned there is only one toaster in the mornings and that’s a nightmare, as the bread needs to go through at least twice.

A good choice of food including omelettes, pancakes, evenings there’s a choice of three dishes a great salad bar and the desserts are totally yum, on a Friday they do a bbq outside that’s okay.

Kos town is only a fifteen minute walk away and is great of an evening just to chill and people watch, there are plenty of shops to browse in also.

The rooms do have air conditioning but don’t expect much as they don’t seem to do a lot, it was very warm of an evening, and we had to keep our door open it really needs updating.

There are plenty of sunbeds by the pool and in the gardens, on a couple of occasions the pool did look a little cloudy, the beach is just across the road but shingly, we went to one called paradise beach and it was great the water was clear and sandy, we fed the fish in the sea by hand that was great also.

Irene on reception is great she gave us all the times for the buses and directions for places to visit.

While we was there it was my birthday so we ate out at a restaurant up the road called the stadium, it was fab the food was amazing, it was reasonable too.

We would go back to Kos but maybe to another hotel only because the rooms are so hot and we didn’t enjoy the pushing in the restaurant.

All in all we had a great time.

One more thing to do is hire bikes they are a laugh and are very cheap, there are cycle paths to go one and it’s also very flat."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Continent...

Reviewed Thu 29th of March 2007

"My husband and I stayed at the Continental Palace Hotel in Aug 2006 for a 2 week holiday. The hotel was GREAT. The facilities where spotless and every Friday evening they have a barbeque at the pool area. The beach is across the hotel and there are bars and restaurants dotted all along the area. The Hotel car park has a Scooter hiring facility as well and parking. We hired a scooter for 2 weeks and went all over the Island. The best beached are located in Marmari and it only takes 15 - 20 min on a scooter to get there.

This has to be one of the BEST holidays we have ever had and we are going back there again this year and will stay at the continental palace. The service cannot be faulted and the food was fresh everyday. The pool area is lovely and there is a bar and restaurant. They also have a shaded garden that is big and many spots that are quite. Because of its great location you are walking distance from Kos town and we would walk into Kos every night after dinner for shopping and drinks. The hotel is situated just far enough outside of Kos town to be peaceful.

In Kos you can get a boat out for the day to visit 3 of the other islands. We did one of these trips and it was incredible. They served a great barbeque at lunch and stopped off at a beautiful location where we could swim while the food was prepared.

I can honestly recommend the Continental palace hotel and of course the island of Kos. We had a wonderful Holiday and I am sure we will have one again this year!

See you there!

• Travel date: Thu 29th of March 2007

Tried the hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Just coming back from Kos I decided to come back to this site and tell about my experince with Continental Palace Hotel. Picking this hotel was solely done based on the comments from this site so I was really interested to see if it justifies all the praises.
Driving from the airport to the hotel we passed many different hotels that I contemplated to book, however it became very clear that a lot of them are in remote places, so I would say that that should be the first thing one needs to be careful about. Valid of course only for those who wish to be close to centre. So when we came to the hotel the staff (lady) at the reception was extreeemly nice, quite unbilevable. Frindly, supportive without being overbearing or made up.
The room was nice, quite big, balcony enourmous (L shaped), view of pool & graden & sea. I have to comment here that I know we were given one of better rooms but I doubt that other are much worse. Furniture and other equipment was OK, although (and I admit here that I am quite demandind) some slight repairs or aesthetic improvements could be done. Fridge was working, TV as well 8although in only had 1 sport, 1 english, 2 german channels, rest was in greek:-)
A/C was working (swithching on and off) but it could have been abit stronger. We were lucky that it wasn't really hot in the evenings and nights (rather chilly in fact) or we would be a bit annoyed with it.
Food (we were on half board option) was good, very varied in the morning, altgough a bit more continental than english style. Dinner was OK as well, various salad options (feta cheese as much as you can eat) and cold starters, 3-4 types of meat for main dish, 3-4 different side dishes. I only miss something like grilled or cooked warm vegetables.
But the best for me was location. In Kos town there is a lot of small hotels but they are mainly 1-2*. CP is the only one that is of better quality. Fair enough it is 20-25min walk from straight city centre but other hotels of this quality are 15-20min drive form the city. We rented bycicles for entire stay and it took us 5min to cycle to the centre.
All in all a very good and sound option, when I go back to Kos I will definitely be going to this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of July 2006

The friendly Hotel

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"This hotel grows on you as you get to know the friendly staff.The hotel is clean, spacious and well laid out. The food is good and the service excellent. The menu becomes a little repetative the second week and the buffet area can become conjested. The pool and grounds area offers various sunny or shaded spots. Bar staff Helena and Sophia were our favourites. My time their leaves me with pleasant memories. This hotel is of four star quality."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of July 2006

great Friendly Hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a fortnight at the Continental Palace, excellent accomodation. The receptionist (Irene) was very helpful and friendly anything you need to know just ask her, bus timetables, places to visit etc. The hotel is very clean and well kept, we had clean towels every day and the room was nice & clean when we returned. The food was very good, my only complaint, the second week was full so everyone was queing. The bar in the hotel was very friendly and was also kept very clean. The pool area again was always clean & tidy, the snack bars were very good.
Irene told us to visit a place called Villa Cafe (on the way to Therma) it is absolutely stunning, the views across the agean sea was magnificent.
Overall we had a great holiday and would certainly return to the Continental Palace.
The bar at the bottom of the drive was a lot cheaper than the hotel and the food there was excellent."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of May 2006

friendly hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"this was our 3rd visit to Kos and the Continental Palace. We found the local people and hotel staff very friendly and helpfull, the rooms were nice and the views not bad at all, the reataurant (loved by my wife Julie, especially the cheese)is self service and great, everywhere is very clean. We loved the cycling (not bad for 50+) and the walk into Kos on most days was a pleasant stroll. The pool is good but a little cold, Julie says I'm soft, the outside bars are great and the staff are very friendly, especially the garden bar (a must in the evening after a days traveling.
The hotel also has lots of 2nd and 3rd + timers like us so htey must be doing something right. I would like to say a final thank you to Irene on reception who like all the staff work very hard to make a good holiday great"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of February 2006

My family and I have stayed at the Conti...

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2005

"My family and I have stayed at the Continental Palace 8 times over the past 5 years. I think that talks for itself.

The staff are very friendly and you end up feeling that you have made a lot of friends.

The hotel is in a fantastic setting with shady gardens for those of us that can't take too much sun. It's near enough to the beach - just across the road and within easy walking distance of Kos Town (a great place to visit during the day and it takes on a whole new life at night). A handy bus stop outside the hotel means you can get to many different places on Kos.

The restaurant food is always varied and most enjoyable, usually on a Friday a barbecue by the pool takes place.

I (and my family) would certainly recommend this hotel to either couples (young or old), families or singles - in fact anyone.

We are getting ready for our visit next year!

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

Hotels near Continental Palace

Stayed at Continental Palace? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Continental Palace

• Glen Haines by Glen Haines

"Great relaxed attitude, done miss the ice cream shop or castle great "

• Glen Haines by Glen Haines

"castle and quad hire from steve's auto to see island "

Continental Palace is also called