Gaia Garden

Lambi, Kos Town 853 00 Greece

Good

Second visit and will not be the last

"This was our second stay at the Gaia Garden and we are hoping to return next year. It is one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed in. The food may not be to everyones taste but we really enjoyed it, especially the salads. Breakfast is very good.We were all inclusive and liked having a light lunch, although you can eat as much as you like at all meals.
The staff are friendly. Reception are very friendly and helpful.
We must thank them for all the help they gave us getting a flight home.
The hotel is set in beautiful gardens, very peaceful and relaxing.
Coffee and cake every afternoon.
Kos town can be walked to quite easily or a bus runs very frequently.
We would recommend this hotel to our friends, but of course everyone expects something different from a holiday.
We did not mind thet there were only 2 other British couples at the Hotel, in fact we enjoyed it. It is very mixed with people staying there from all over Europe.
We definatly will return.
Marion and Geoff Pack Dorset UK"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of October 2008

Great hotel if you can speak German!

Good

"My partner and I are well travelled and feel able to be objective. Gaia hotel is in a superb setting, the gardens are beautiful with many lush huge plants.
Rooms are basic and the bungalow rooms rather small but we had a first floor room far away from the pool which we asked for,
towels and sheets changed daily. Minor repairs were fixed almost instantly with good humour as our bed had broken(not us
believe it or not).I had no complaints about the food as I think they did a great job and I ate really well for the whole week with lots of different dishes every day and I only ate chips once. My partner who is incredibly fussy managed to get something he liked at every meal and did not complain. Yes food could have been hotter but someone will always complain no matter how good it is.Drinks were adequate and the wine better than expected.The pool area is lovely with plenty of beds, and very little bed ownership going on, although it was a bit of a bun fight for the stairs to the restaurant so we decided to wait till slightly later, we always ate outside, superb setting and low lighting(I always look better in the dark).
Negatives being, staff not overly friendly unless you are German,
and at one time we were the only two Brits there. being slightly older we did not feel intimidated but younger people may have been., Bike hire is very cheap and well worth it as you can bike to Tigaki and Psalidi at a push. We biked everywhere and had a great time. Overall the holiday represented good value for money."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of October 2008

Nice surroundings.

Good

"The hotel is lovely set in gardens which were well kept and very attractive. The room was clean and spacious. The staff on reception were particularly nice, very friendly and informative. We have been all inclusive before and were a bit disappointed with the food. The only draw back we really felt was that there was only two other english families at the resort which is fine if you want to keep yourself to yourself but not if you wish to socialise with other families.
Overall I would say the accommodation was above average but the food was below average."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

Simply the best

"I recently stayed at Gaia Garden for 2 weeks. My experience was the best. The environment is very friendly, the facilities always clean and the staff very helpful and informative. I totally recommend you stay at Gaia Garden the next time you visit Kos. Its simply the best!!!

Thanx very much for the great memories and see you next year."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of September 2008

Obliging crew and super food

Good

"The great two weeks in Gaia Garden.Worm atmosphere, great food, anywhere near a beach, disco, old town."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of August 2008

great value hotel

Good

"Good value all inclusive hotel. Food was simple and varied. Friendly staff. Lovely well maintained gardens and plenty of shaded areas around the pool area. Everywhere kept very clean."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of July 2008

Very Beautiful Hotel with super service!

"We just came back from our Holidays and we had Great time.
The service was more than perfect and all the Staff very very friendly.
We booked from Venere with All Inclusive and the food was very nice and tasty! The hotel is very well maintained with a beautiful garden.
The rooms are nice decorated with new furniture, satellite TV, Air Condition and Hairdryer. You can also rent a fridge for 20, 00 euro a week.
We would like to thanks all the staff for the great holidays we had.
C u next year :(

PS: What was great too was that you could rent a laptop with free wireless Internet for just 10, 00 Euro a week!"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2007

kos trip

"Gaia garden’s
We have just come back after staying for 2 weeks in the gaia gardens hotel in lambi
The hotels staff and reception were pleasant and helpful but that was about it
Good points
Nice lay out of room (although we did have to change rooms for the second week due to the toilet leaking)
Gardens nice
Pool and shaded areas where good
The Room's in the hotel were clean

Bad point
Do not bother with the all inclusive
All you get is a small warm glass beer,
wine that is like antifreeze
And pop.
They have snack bar that does not sell snacks it is just a beer drinking bar,

They do not sell snacks at all
crisp Ice cream and milkshakes cakes etc are purchased extra

The Salads were very repetitive at meal times.

People kept cutting the feet because of the Glasses that where being served around the pool area .
This I thought was dangerous especial if you have any children

our flights was booked with the
First choice airway which are useless do not waste your hard earned money on them."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

Well worth a visit!

"We have just returned from 2 weeks of pure relaxing bliss thanks to the wonderful surroundings of the Gaia Garden Hotel.
OK, it's not 5 star but for £250 per week fully inclusive including flights I was absolutely bowled over with the quality, the friendly efficient service and the choice of food at every meal.
The all inclusive drinks were slightly limited but we didnt feel we missed out, the following are available all day and night:
Beer, Red & WhiteWine, Ouzo, Cognac.
Soft drinks included: Fanta orange and lemon, orange juice, cola, lemonade (sprite), cola, water (fizzy and still).
The Gardens are beautiful, our accomodation was a beautiful little bungalow with it's own bathroom (bath as well as shower), TV, Phone and Terrace.
The room was kept spotlessly clean by excellent cleaning staff, fresh towels and sheets regularly.
The only gripe I had was coffee wasnt included on the all inclusive except at breakfast and between 5.00pm - 6.00pm with cake.
I took a travel kettle and coffee with me, so no problem!
Also all the drinks are served in glasses, not plastic cups, which was really nioce but I did see a young lad cut his foot on a piece of broken glass by the pool, so although very nice a bit risky.
The drinks not included on the all inclusive where very reasonably priced, in fact the iced coffee, hot coffee and cocktails where the cheapest we seen! coffee 1.30Euro and iced coffee 1.80Euro.
I would advise anyone who want beautiful peaceful surroundings within easy reach of Kos Town, good standard of service, clean and comfy rooms, eatable food with a good choice, at an affordable price to give the Gaia Garden a try. we certainly would return, I just hope the price doesnt go up next year! We booked with Onthebeach.com and found them very good, there isnt a British tour operator in there yet.
what was the dire call?"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

wonderful place.......

"my partner and I throughly enjoyed our stay here. from the moment when we arrived to when we left the staff were so nice and friendly. The grounds of the hotel are beautifully planted and our accomodation was excellent. maid service everyday with fresh sheets and bedding.the food was great catering for everyones tastes. The location of the hotel is brilliant for lambi beach just five min stroll. We walked into kos town everyday which is about a 20 min walk. bicycle / car hire easily available. The hotel caters for an international clientel which we thought was much better than been surrounded by lots of English. if you like to be lavished with entertainment don't come here. it is, as the hotel website states a down to earth hotel.I throughly recommend this hotel if you like good service, beautiful setting and ideal location. We would stay there again. Throughly recommend a boat trip to Symi it is out of this world."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of July 2007

Brilliant holiday in Kos

"Absolutely fell in love with this place! Great location, delicious food and amazing staff-special thanks to Karin and Litsa from the reception! Loved every single day of my holiday and had the best time ever. All was perfect ! The food was very tasty and they had a big variety ! The restaurants were very clean and very beautiful ! The room was excellent !Great variety of beach around the island with astonishing clear water especially in Kefalos. I've been to several hotels before but this one is definitely my number one :) If you choose to visit this gorgeous place, I recommend all inclusive option-great value for money."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of May 2012

Just book it don't hesitate

"My wife and I have just come back from a wonderful week at the Gaia Garden in Koss Town, Lambi. The hotel is rated at 3.5*, however this tends to be based on facilities available, not the quality. The Gaia Garden is a reasonably small hotel, with a freindly family feel about it with a really relaxed atmosphere. The staff strive to satisfy every need, and genuinely enjoy providing the most responsive, efficient and caring service. This is a common theme throughout the whole organisation. we stayed at the hotel on an all inclusive basis and found the food provided to be of an excellent quality. The beer, wine, uzo, and brandy were all drinkable. The soft drinks were cheap and cheerful, and unfortunately all full sugar varieties. This was the only dissapointment. The eating area is on the first floor with indoor and outdoor eating areas. The outdoor areas overlook the mountains and gardens offering a realy nice environmnet to eat. The accomodation tends to be bungalows which offer isolation and your own independent space. The advantage here is that you do not hear the person upstairs staggering to the toilet a 3am every morning, because there is no upstairs! Satelite TV is available, with BBC world news being the sole UK channel. There are lots of channels for other nations, based on hotbird / Astra A/B. The pool area and the gardens are beautiful and are full of life with birds and strangely lots of small frogs in the evening. Evening entertainment tended to be music of all genres from Greek, to Chilled Ibiza, to classic rock tracks. Mikos the barman really can select and play good music. The lighting at the hotel in the evening created a really chilled relaxed atmosphere. Wireless internet access is provided throughout the hotel at no charge if you have your own laptop. The hotel offers a laptop rental service, which seems good value. The location is about 1.5km from Koss town harbour, however this was a really nice walk, and bikes are available across the lane from the hotel at 3 euro per day. The lanes outside the hotel and the route to Koss town are very quiet and make for an easy safe walk / ride. Drivers take care when near cyclists. The beach is a short walk away, with adequate local facilities available near by. There is a bus stop at the bottom of the lane, which we did not use. We did hire a Suzuki jeep for a day for 40 euro which was really worth while. We explored locally and drove to Kardemena which is more English oriented and suprisingly 30% more expensive than Koss town for most things. We returned to the hotel for lunch then drove to Keffolos at the other end of the island. The small mountain range which runs up the island is well worth a drive to, as stunning views of the island are breathtaking. Trips to Bodram Turkey are easily and cheaply available from the harbour at 30 euro each, on the hydrofoil, the boats are slightly cheaper. The trip to Niciros, the volcano island, is a fantastic day out, with the village having some history, and a very new museum of Greek artifacts, this cost 20 euro each. The hotel represented excellent value, with a very freindly service, in a quiet location. If you want to relax with good food, reasonable drinks, in a quiet location, with a good bar, with staff that genuinely enjoy helping you and a chilled but entertaining evening atmosphere just book the Gaia garden hotel now."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of June 2009

Hotels near Gaia Garden

Stayed at Gaia Garden? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Gaia Garden

• Paul M by Paul M

"Lambi is a quiet location close to Koss Town. There are bike, car hire, and beach type shops here. "

• Paul M by Paul M

"Turkey, Niciros, and a drive around the island. Mountains offer spectacular views of the island. "

• kakoloukia by kakoloukia

"kindest of the staff and the beautifull setting "

Gaia Garden is also called