Diamond Deluxe Hotel & SPA - Adults Only

Lambi Beach, Kos Town 853 00 Greece

Good
Good

Pretty hotel with pretty AWFUL food!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"This hotel has absolutely no entertainment and this is the reason my girlfriend and I are now writing this review from our room (we are not sad cases lol) on our second from last night. We wanted to share with you the positives and the negatives of this hotel, so here we go:

Positives

- The hotel does look like the pictures and is very beautifully designed and pleasing to the eye.
- Sunbeds are comfortable and always available.
- The room is nice and the bed very comfortable.
- Free internet in your room (for the sado's like us!)
- Always clean (room cleaned every day)
- Slippers and dressing gowns in your room
- Bus stops directly outside hotel for easy transportation in to Kos Town (takes about 15-20 minutes) for 1.40 euros per person but cabs are 8 Euros.

Negatives (Where do we start!)

- On arrival our view from the room overlooked a field full of cows which moo loudly sometimes (my girlfriend felt sorry for them as they looked thirsty and sometimes hungry)
- Our room was the bath only type / rang reception to ask to move to shower room and was told there was a shower / however this shower can not be put on the wall and you have to hold it / therefore you have to have a bath / according to hotel manager the hotel was OVERBOOKED so we could not transfer room and I asked how can you overbook and she said it was the tour operators faults and not theirs. They said they do their best for us but nothing they can do! Couldn't say much to that!
- The bath water was never HOT! so poor baths!
- Swimming pool is freezing cold even the indoor one which is supposed to be heated! They have jacuzzi's which are also freezing cold. No one goes in the pools because they are that cold, the weather was hot so don't know why they stay this cold!
- The drinks in the bar are far too expensive, bar staff unfriendly, no atmosphere at the bar and stays empty for this reason.
- The supermarket is only open till 5 and the brochure says 11, which means you have no way to get supplies except get a bus in to town at night! This supermarket is also overpriced - we bought a bottle vodka in town for 10 euros and at the supermarket is was about 16 Euros but this was not the only thing overpriced. Icecreams are about 3 euros.
- Hard to catch the sunshine because they have too many umbrellas blocking it away!
- The restaurant is appalling! The food is inedible (according to my girlfriend but I thought it wasn't that good), there is never a clean table ready for you to sit at, and you pick up the left over cutlery from the previous person at the table using the same table cloth - ITS DISGUSTING! The table should be cleared away with all the cutlery then re-laid.
- If you want a drink with your meal, you have to try and grab the attention of one of few staff there are who seem to be very inexperienced at waitering. Once you have ordered your drink you will be lucky if it gets given to you! We mostly ate the buffet dinner (or left the buffet dinner) before we got the drink!
- Service is terrible in general, we was meant to have someone sort out our hot water who never turned up, they fob you off with excuses all the time! I see a few people tonight complain about the service, which was good to see, as the food staff seem to very arrogant and have no care about the needs of the hotel guests except trying to make money for the hotel by selling drinks!

Kos Town is quite pretty as well with a nice harbour and quite a few restaurants which are just OK. Bar street looked quite fun, but was small and out of season, however because of the deals cocktails were much cheaper there!

I would not come back to Kos Town to be honest and definitely would not stay at the Diamond Deluxe Hotel. This as put my girlfriend and I completely off going half-board in our lives. The food was so appalling and we heard from other guests that had a 2 in the morning flight and therefore not entitled to the buffet on the last night it would cost them 25 euros. I wouldn't even pay 1 euro for the food and we ate outside the restaurant on 3 occasions!

Last point, there is no beach outside, its a load of dirt!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of September 2009

A really rough Diamond - awful canteen style food and terrible beach

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"This hotel looks beautiful just like the website - unfortunately it's run so badly that the service is terrible (the entire place is run by a handful of staff ), rooms and clean, but poolside is dirty with cups and plates left everywhere and outside rooms, bins over flowing with rubbish. management are unhelpful, bar staff require hefty tips before they even glance in your direction. The food at dinner is no better than an up market canteen, bland, repetitive and well below average. Rooms are clean and so is the lobby, but the biggest shock is the beach which is no more than a landfill sight with tons of rubbish - disgusting- better further along though, but right by the hotel it's awful but there are some nice sun beds to sit on. As I said the hotel looks good but is a bit rotten underneath - did I mention there is nothing to do - no entertainment at night at all so it' s a bit dull. There is an Italian restaurant there too, but the food is not great either and you have to pay extra. Best point is the pool, which is huge - biggest me and my girlfriend have ever seen."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2009

Five star, are you sure? Three is better !

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"A good hotel is not only a good-look hotel. Unfortunately it was the case.
Diamond Deluxe is an (new built) hotel where every thing is created to satisfy the view but where any other thing doesn't work like in a five-star hotel.
The first problem is the beach: is well known that it's not so wide, but... it's not a beach !
It's only a tiny strip of stones and dirty sand with ten straw-umbrella and 20 good bed; nothing else.
Just 3 meters from the water and you find brushwood and garbage.
Absolutely the worst hotel-beach of all the island.
There is nothing and nobody there, if you want a drink you have to cross-back the road and go to the pool-bar
The second thing doesn't work is the main restaurant. Just a little good view veranda but with few, always busy tables- or you can choose to stay in a warm room inside. Nothing tablecloth and only paper-napkin.
At breakfast, if you want an espresso, you have to wait until 10 a.m.,and go to the bar to pick-up it and pay.
The food has good quality but is really poor ; never seafood or finest dishes. If you eat after the 9.00 p.m. you’ll have no more a sweets selection (just the one be left ) .
(you can choose just the sweets be left.)

Other problems, not less important, concern: the room air conditioner that is very noisy; the bed really to soft, compared with the normal hotel-standard; the bathroom, without hook to hang-up the hand-held shower head (so you have to hold it with one hand to take a shower). The SPA is good but you have to pay at least an extra of 20 € p.p. every day to take just a sauna or a Turkish bath.

In short, if you want enjoy a very good five-star hotel and appreciate delicious meals with good service don’t choose this one."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of September 2009

An amazing modern contemporary 5* hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Diamond Deluxe for a week between 30th July to 6th August and from start to finish this hotel did not disappoint. This was our second trip to the island of Kos but the hotel we stayed in previously was nothing in comparison to the quality of the Diamond Deluxe. After only one day into our holiday we had already decided we would definitely be returning for another visit.

We arrived in the early hours of the morning when the hotel was deserted but the staff were very helpful and attentive. We were checked in and taken to our room within a matter of minutes. From the second we arrived in the elegant lobby which glistens in white and gold décor we could tell we had made the right decision by choosing this hotel (my wife takes great pleasure in telling me it was her choice!)

We stayed in room 311 which is a first story room with wonderful views of the swimming pool, the hotel and beyond to the sea. We could sit on the balcony and watch amazing sunsets over Turkey every evening before dinner. The glamorous white and gold theme from the reception is continued throughout the rest of hotel from the bar, the restaurant and the spa right through to the rooms. Our room itself was immaculate and it was kept to this standard by the maid service everyday. All the staff throughout the hotel are very friendly and helpful and do their best to make you feel at home.

I agree that the location of the hotel is not central to the buzz of Kos Town, there are only a handful of other hotels and mini-markets on the long stretch of road it is situated. However I would definitely not let this put you off this superb hotel. Kos Town is easily accessible by taxi, by public transport bus which stops directly outside the entrance to the hotel on both sides of the road or you can hire a scooter or a car if you want to explore the island further. The location takes nothing away from the hotel. Once you arrive you may not even want to venture out of the hotel anyway, it's that good!

Being half board, you never go hungry. There was plenty of choice at breakfast and evening meal although we do feel that the buffet choices should be labelled to explain what it is exactly that you were eating! Snacks and drinks are also available at the pool bar and room service throughout the day. With it being a 5* hotel the prices are a little expensive but it's easy enough to head out to a mini-market for essentials like water (and beer!).

The design, decor and ambiance of the hotel was right up our street, we will definitely be back and would recommend the Diamond Deluxe to anyone!"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of August 2009

Excellent Hotel, friendly staff, unique design rooms, reasonable pricing

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"I fully recommend Diamond hotel. We ve visited the hotel during July 09 with our 3 years old son for a week. The hotel is brand new, luxury, with very nice modern design. The materials used are of excellent quality(matresses, sofas, sunbeds, etc). Restaurant and Bar Staff is always willing to serve you even if ur request is not included in the menu. The hotel manager and marketing manager are really nice - they make you feel like a family. Finally the pricing is very reasonable compared to what is offered. I was also suprised by the spa area - is amazing, too many facilities with the latest technology. Congratulations to the staff and management. We had an excellent time."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of August 2009

5 star for Greece, 4 star for Europe and 3+ star for Asia & Dubai

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Positives
The hotel and pool/bar area are very cool and contemporary and defintely has the feel of a 5 star - although I wasn't quite sure what was going on with the life size gold horse statues with lampshades on their head?? The whole pool area is very nice and when we were there, no prblems with getting sun beds. However, there was some 'reserving' going on with people putting beach towels down and clearing off for most of the day before retruning in the afternoon. I guess you always get the odd pikey behaviour wherever you go.

The room was clean and very nice with TV and internet. The customer services manager was very helpful and the personal touch of joining you for a welcome drink was very good when she also gave you an orientation of the island. Very good breakfast to start your day and the waiting staff are on the whole very friendly.

Negatives
Whilst most of the staff were friendly, they were sometimes a little inconsistent, forgetting to bring milk for tea/coffee, sugar etc but realatively minor really. What did annoy us though, was having to wait to be served a drink while the bar man spent 10 mins saying goodbye to 3 girls. Also, the spa manager did not come across friendly to us and certainly didn't make us want to use any of the facilities and treatments. However, she did look very nice in the evenings when she was having a drink at the bar!

Genenrally, we felt the the buffet food in the evening was not good and certainly not 5 star standard, unless you like to taste alot of salt and nutmeg. However, the starters on offer were of a better standard than the main courses. If you are offered a cook to order dish, probably worth taking as it is better. There is an Italian restaurant that you pay for as well but we didn't try it.

There wa no tea or milk in the room but there was 2 coffee sachets and loads of sugar for some reason?? Also, there was no mini bar.

The shop or mini mart in the hotel was expensive obviously aligning prices to 5 star standard but you do feel like you are being ripped off (£2,50 for a cornetto and £1.50 for a coke). There is a supermarket about 2-3 miles down the road which is much cheaper. The bar in the eveing is a little souless and could do with livening up a bit, although it may be better when more people are there.

On the whole, it's a nice place to relax and I'm sure they will improve arund customer service and get the food quality up. However, take lots of cash if you don't intend leaving the hotel!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of August 2009

Genuine 5 Star and a really lovely hotel.

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"Bright, spotless, brand new, modern, contemporary, wonderful!

Yes....this hotel IS exactly as it looks on their web site! How often have we been presented with photos of hotel sites that are 10 years old and nothing like the reality??

Not too many reviews for this hotel as it is straight out of the box and spanking new. For the record all work had been completed by the time we arrived...July 9th.

Our first impressions were 50/50... as we arrived at 0600 and the hotel looked isolated and not at it's best at that hour. However as soon as we entered the hotel any apprehensions soon vapourised and vanished. The sense of arrival lets you know that this is a class hotel with superb detail evident everywhere. Pure white blends with marble, stone, glass and water. We immediately felt right at ease and looked forward to our room.

This was perfect. Spotlessly clean, bright and plenty of space, with a safe, tea/coffee maker and wardrobes. Internet and TV to hand. A wonderful and comfortable bed with new top quality bed linen. The bathroom is complete with bath , shower, bath robes, toiletries, new and full cotton towels.

The swimming pool is one of the nicest I have seen as it just goes on and on! I was told it is 2,000m2. Crystal clear and not too deep anywhere. Plenty of wooden sun loungers with quality cushions and natural covered sun shades. The water features extend to the restaurant and by the bar which are lit at night.

The food was good enough. I understand that It is always difficult to cater properly for guests when there are no set dining times. Guests come and eat between 19.30 till 21.30 (?) so food can be around for a while. We had dry fish, prawns, chicken ,mussels, overcooked vegtables, etc all too often. The chefs need to look at this....less food but served more often. Salad bar was varied and really good. The desserts were.....really good and my waist line can confirm this!!! The restaurant waiting staff were all lovely, attentive and charming. Well done to them!

We ate once in the Italian restaurant. I have to be honest....why glide over problems?? It was not good. The food was perhaps over ambitious and not well thoiught out. My Gf's starter was poor....flavourless and rubbery. My main of Halibut, cooked well, came with a thick crust of black olives that ruined the fish. It was just like eating a block of salt. Were the olives soaked in brine....and not olive oil? The sauce of red pepper was not a good choice for this fish. It was far too much in taste and quantity...in fact it was like a small bowl of soup. The sauce should always be an accompianment and should never dominate.

I have to ask myself why have an Italian restaurant in Greece...After all, Greek food is one of the joys of going to Greece. Would I go to Italy to eat in a Greek restaurant....no, never. This is a wonderful location, because it overlooks the sea and you have a great view of the sunset, for a quality Taverna with a Bar-B-Q area on the terrace. Fresh local produce cooked in front of you al fresco. Just the thing you like to see on holiday.

We really enjoyed ourselves in this hotel. Everyone was so friendly and anxious to help and accomodate us. The rooms to go for are the ones by the pool on the ground floor...ask for them. (I wasn't aware these were available when booking.).

If going back to Kos I would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of July 2009

The perfect holiday!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We have just come back from a two-week holiday in Kos at the Diamond hotel and still can't believe just how perfect and wonderful it was. It's an amazingly beautiful hotel, and the friendliest service we have ever experienced! The heads of guest relations and reservations (Ramona and Malika) will do anything they can to help you and the staff members working in the restaurants, pool bar and at the reception (many different nationalities and personalities) are just great. We had the most beautiful room with pool and sea view (the hotel is very cleverly designed - every room has either pool or sea view, or both) and didn't really want to leave the hotel at all, to be honest. Plus, the hotel and rooms are extremely clean - jus impeccable. On a different note: the food was really nice! Prior to booking, Malika had told me on the phone: "It's an oasis of peace and quiet". And I couldn't agree more!! I have actually never written a review (simply because I couldn't be bothered) but this time I felt that I had to. A big big THANK YOU from Ross and Julia to the Diamond hotel!!"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of July 2009

Fabulous Luxury Hotel (sadly... dissapointing resort)

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"This hotel is brand new and is everything you expect from a 5 star luxury holiday (and not just 5* Greece but 5* by anyones standards).

This hotel is very modern and has 1st class facilities - from internet in your room, a wedding chapel, state of the art spa facilites etc etc. There is also a play area for children but would suggest the hotel is covering all bases rather than genuinely gearing this hotel to the family market... The branding is very much focused on 'Business and Leisure'.

We went in June this year and was very fortunate to experience this hotel at about 30% capacity - indeed a few finishing touches were still being made but this did no way detract from our experience. They seemed very responsive to feedback and every day minor improvements were being made from reducing the prices for the spa and beauty treatments to providing a suitcase stand in your room.

The hotel is one of the best we have stayed in and the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. A disappointment for us was the beach accross the road which wasn't great. But with such great pools at the hotel (pretty much surrounded by water) this was soon forgotten!

The local area around the hotel was also disappointing ie a main road with a cycle path for as far as the eye could see - no local bars, tavernas etc. As such you were heavily reliant on the facilities of the hotel - as nice as they were a change of scenery of an evening would have been nice. It was a taxi ride to Kos Town and the resort of Lambi and whilst we didnt do this ourselves the reviews were very average.

I definately reccomend the hotel itself and thoroughly enjoyed our 7 night stay."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of June 2009

Excellent Hotel - a must if you are staying in Kos

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"My husband and I have just come back from a week staying at the DDH. We loved the hotel and had a fantastic week and would highly recommend this hotel to others. As there aren’t other reviews on here, I thought I would try and give a bit of detail on the hotel.

Facilities
The hotel itself is brand new – only open for two months when we stayed. The overall theme is white (with hints of gold – not as tacky as it sounds) with lots of glass and very modern. The hotel foyer in quite impressive and leads out to the pool bar which is a nice area for drinks and lunch through-out the area and into the evening. The restaurant is a good size with tables and chairs both inside and out. There are a number of pools and plenty of sunbeds – although when we were there it was only about 25% full so will be interesting to see if sunbed wars ensue when it’s at full capability. There are five blocks situated around the pools which hold about 12 rooms each with a final block of suites to one side. Overall, a very impressive hotel

Rooms
We stayed in a double room which is a good size and (in keeping with the theme) all white and modern – each room also has a balcony. The rooms come with TV’s and computers (the monitor double up as TV /PC screen).
While we were there, we did have a look at all the other rooms:
 Double Superior – Very similar to a double but with a sofa bed (to accommodate an extra person in the room). These rooms are on the ground floor and lead out to the pool so you can have your own sunbeds outside your room. If we were to go again, I think we would chose one of these rooms
 Junior Suite – similar to the above but with a round bed.
 Maisonette – very funky split level rooms – two good size queen beds downstairs and then some stairs leading up to the ‘master bedroom’. Good for facilities and friends as there isn’t much privacy between the two levels as is open plan.
 Suite – these are really nice with a master bedroom and lounge and its own private pool. Also good for facilities or two couples (there is a door to the master bedroom) or simply a couple who want some privacy.

One thing to note – rooms come with either a bath or shower so make sure you state which you want. Also, the only English speaking channel on the TV is Sky News which plays on a 15 minute loop. We did take a DVD with us but its not compatible with the TV/Computer in the room – I did mention this and they said they knew it was a problem. Also, the internet is slow but again, it’s a problem they know and are going to get fixed

Food and Drink
Very very good. My husband and I were very surprised at the quality and variety of the food. Everyone we spoke to said it was excellent. The hotel provides half board so breakfast and dinner were included in the cost of the holiday. You could buy lunch at the pool bar – the choice was fairly limited but we found it to be of good quality.

There is also an Italian restaurant at the hotel which is a la carte. If you are staying at the hotel you get a 20% discount and although we didn’t eat there we did hear some very good reviews.

The drinks are on par with London prices but as we live in London we are used to that.

Also worth noting a little shop in the hotel that sells water, snacks, alcohol etc – the water is cheaper that getting it from the bar and the selection is very good

Spa
The spa has excellent facilities and the manager is lovely. When we arrived, the prices were very very high and it was putting people off. On our third day, they had taken into account feedback from everyone and had lowered the prices – between 30-50 euros for treatments. Much better value. I had two massages by the therapist there – his name was Spiros – and he was excellent. Highly recommended

Overall, the hotel is excellent. They are always asking for feedback and appear to take it on board. There were quite a few English couples there and they all commented on how great the hotel was. Compared to some of the other hotels we passed on the Island, this does seem to be the best by far."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of June 2009

Hotels near Diamond Deluxe Hotel & SPA - Adults Only

Stayed at Diamond Deluxe Hotel & SPA - Adults Only? Share your insight.

Diamond Deluxe Hotel & SPA - Adults Only is also called