Part of the Main Lagoon Pool

Good

Blue Lagoon Resort - Wedding May 2013.

Reviewed 13th June 2013

"2nd visit to Kos and a return to the Blue Lagoon Resort. Why ? One word is all it needs. Fabulous. We decided to return to the Blue Lagoon to get married mainly because of the friendliness of all the hotel staff and the hotel itself. I have travelled about quite a bit and too be honest for overall catering for everything you need this place is hard to top. As a family with a 2 and 6 year old the time and effort they put into the kids (of all ages) adults and old generation is second to none.With the lovely Kos Town 20 minds walk away or 2 mins in a cab you can even escape if you really feel the need.The food is great but no doubt won't suit e veryone.Plenty of choice and always plentiful.With the new Aqua Park opening 4 weeks previous to our visit actually using an amenitiy that is more a less brand new was something quite exciting. The lunch time food they lay on also is quite brilliant.Our wedding day was amazing although the legal bit the day before where you have to go to Kos Town to the town hall and sign away was quite odd. In and out with a shake of the hand and a Congratulations was just about it.Very Surreal.The following day's ceremony on the beach was beautiful as was the missus I might add.A special mention for our Photographer Dean, now if I could box him up, bring him home and rent him out I'd make a fortune.He was quite simply brilliant and highly recommend him if you are getting married out there. He works for the Hotel and is the American (I think - possibly Canadian) with long hair. Our wedding coordinator Katerina although a little away with the fairies was amazing too. Such a nice girl although a little dipsy, bless her .All in all I can only summarise by saying that "I love this place" and although we will no doubt try other places the Blue Lagoon has a special place in my family's hearts as not only the place where we got married but as a place that I will certainly return. Go on treat yourself you'll have an amazing time."

• Travel date: 7th June 2013

Feeding time at the zoo

Reviewed 7th September 2011

"Have recently returned from a 2 week holiday at the Blue Lagoon in Kos. We had a wonderful holiday and the accommodation was very good. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. However, lunchtime was like feeding time at the zoo, absolute carnage. The hotel is vast and only has one restaurant open during lunchtime. You have to wait with no queuing system and race for an available table. If you are lucky enough to get one you then have to wait for plates and glasses. On occasions it was so bad they ran out of food (topped up again eventually). The evenings are slightly better with more restaurants open. You do have to book and there is a proper queuing system in place (You still have to queue even though you have booked). Gentlemen do have to wear long trousers in 3 of the restaurants so do ensure you take some. On the whole I feel the holiday was good value for money."

• Travel date: 29th August 2011

Beware of the staff

Reviewed 15th August 2011

"Too be honest had a fantastic stay of the blue lagoon - however was slighlty spoilt by a portion of the hotel staff. Some were rude and the receptionist stole my case from the luggae room on the last day due to a key that I was appentntly meant to return from the bedroom safe unbeknown to me. I was told "no key no case" which was a sad way to end a really nice holiday with nice food and good entertainmemt - if you do travel to this hotel, be mindful on checking out day as apparently this has gone on before and could of even meant us missing our lift back to the airport. "

• Travel date: 7th August 2011

Chilled bliss

Reviewed 27th September 2010

"Don't know why there are any negative review regarding this resort? I have been all over europe and can honestly say i have never had such a chilled and enjoyable holiday! Clean, first class food and the most attentive of staff. Ok it's 2k from Kos town, but there are regular buses(1.40 eruo's) or taxi's (7 euro's). I will be back!! "

• Travel date: 23rd September 2010

Stunning Place

Reviewed 9th September 2010

"We have just got back from a lovely holiday at the Blue Lagoon Resort in Kos. This place is THE best holiday we have ever been on. The complex is stunning and so clean and well kept it is just an unbeliveable place to stay in. We travelled with First Choice we found the staff to excellent and very accommodating. Just on criticism thou dont book the trip to Turkey with the reps way to expensive, we went into Kos Town (7 euros in a cab)that is the fixed agreed price they have with the reception. We paid 39 euros in total for 2 x adults & 1 x 7 year old compared to 109 euros with the reps, its was exactly the same day trip and it included insurance. The Food in restaurants was outstanding so much choice even for the littles, you have to pre book into the Greek, Italian and the BBQ but we never had any problems (peak season Aug 10)if you are looking for a lovely family holiday one where the parents and kick back and relax this is the place totally chilled out place. Oooh and its a must go and try the Crepe Hut (island in the Main Pool)these are to die for..."

• Travel date: 6th September 2010

Ok but not worth money.

Reviewed 27th August 2010

"There was 20 of us in my family going to the Blue Lagoon but only 18 arrived at the same time.On arrival we were given champaign and squash for kids.The rooms were clean but beds were a little hard but we could live with it.On the night we arrived we had problems with ants we had a nest of them but we rang reception and they sent somebody down.But the didnt for my dad they didnt send nobody down. This hotel is very clean and big but there are sone disadvantages: Food was same evrynight and werent that nice drinks were flat same with the beer and some of the bar staff were very moody. Also if you want a wedding with the Blue lagoon DONT because the wedding pakage dont give you everything you havr to pay about and extra 1,000 euro for a meal together decorations and if you need any minibuses or things like that so it is not all included so beware."

• Travel date: 27th August 2010

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed 23rd August 2010

"We spent 2 weeks here in July 2010 with our 5 yr old daughter. I was a little worried before going as i'd read a few bad reviews but i was more than impressed with his hotel. I hear lots of bad things about the annex bulding, we ddn't stay there that was the large famly rooms but even if we had of it was literaly a 4 minute walk from the main entertainment tent and the hotel buggies wil even come and collect u if u ring. The staff were really nice, i came across one woman on reception who could be a bit sharp but overall they were great, esp the camp bar man who took a shine to my fiance! I enjoyed every restaurant apart from the main which was too busy and the food wasn't all that. The BBQ and the italian were best although the italian wasn't really italian ( it didn't even have garlic bread!) but was very nice. The entertainment team were a bit unimpressive, doing the same shows every week gets a bit boing on your second week but a new entertainment team were brought in 2 days before leaving who were better and did hours of stuff especially for kids which was great. i think on a holiday like this aimed at kids if the kids are happy then the adults will be and can relax. The beach wasn't great so only went once. The only thing i'd do next time is take my own hairdryer and iron as the hotel only offer an ironing service starting at about 2 euros an item! and the hair dryer was really unsuitable for long hair, it dried faster in the sun on the balcony. I just wish we'd have had more spending money and would have speant a few days out in turkey which is only a 20 mn boat ride away. Don't book the boat trips via thomas cook btw, They charged £45 for one that was £20 direct with the locals. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere but buses are every 20 minutes. Overall this was a great holiday and we would defently go again."

• Travel date: 22nd August 2010

Holiday to Remember

Reviewed 24th August 2010

"Rooms were basic but everywhere was spotless.The staff were very helpful , polite and couldnt do enough for you.Good choice of pools..kids pools with slides and pirate ship in them..large pool where games were held and for those who want peace there is even an adults only pool. The choice of food was good with plenty of choice..although careful of puddings!! Didnt want to go back stone heavier Gardens were well kept and the toilets were always being cleaned . Buses to nearest town were regular and easy to get. The all inclusive was also included on the beach with your drinks and snacks available there too. All in all a great holiday that I would definately be going back to."

• Travel date: 21st August 2010

What a fantastic holiday

Reviewed 19th August 2010

"What a fantastic holiday resort. The pools were fantastic, choice of places to eat and drink brilliant. Rooms really well equipped fridge,kettle air con.(not available everywhere we have stayed in greece)all the staff are really friendly and the room cleaners are really friendly and helpful. Well stocked little supermarket on site for basics and reasonably priced. Reccomended it to lots of friends and family and looking at booking again for next year and taking my sister with us. The photo gallery is brill but its much better when you actually see it. Can't fault the place on anything. Beautiful place to holiday lots of other places in greece should look to raise their standards to those of the Blue Lagoon Resort."

• Travel date: 19th August 2010

No holiday for teenagers

Reviewed 12th August 2010

"We have just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel. The first week and a half was fine. Then suddenly we were summoned to see the hotel management who accused our daughter (16) and her 16 year old friend of a huge catalogue of 'crimes' from soiling bedlinen and towels, to damaging furniture in their room. This was on day 12 of the holiday - nothing had been said to us before. We were threatened (very nastily by the manager)with eviction from the Hotel, and involvement of the Police, unless we paid up a huge amount (440 Euros) to cover the alleged damage. As my husband is disabled with Parkinson's Disease, we were very vulnerable to such threats. The tour reps (First Choice) were useless. They said the Hotel was within their rights to chuck us out, and the best they could do was to find us alternative accommodation (that we would have to pay for). In the end I felt I had no choice but to pay - even though I could not afford it. Our holiday was ruined from then on. We found out later that a similar 'fine' had been charged to the parents of other teenagers who had been seen letting off a fire extinguisher. So it seems this is a regular rip-off by the Hotel. Just to make the whole disaster complete, the Hotel management contacted us an hour before we were due to leave to claim that the girls had trashed their room. When we arrived at the room - to find it merely empty - the Hotel management changed tack and said the girls had let off a fire extinguisher the previous night and we would have to pay for a replacement. By this time, I was so furious at the blatant rip off that I refused to pay. The First Choice reps - as we had come to expect - we totally useless. They told us they would refuse to let us on the coach to the airport unless we paid up. In the end, the Hotel management backed down - but the manager was hugely offensive and rude about it - in public. So - if you intend to go to this Hotel with teenagers - make sure you have them well shackled, or be prepared for unpleasantness. "

• Travel date: 7th August 2010

Amazing Break Away

Reviewed 10th August 2010

"Booked the blue lagoon as a last minute holiday, and didnt really know what to expect. We had a horrific journey from England to the resort, after being stranded at the airport by our travel company (btw dont use Thomas cook!) WE arrived at 6:30AM, and the staff were lovely and helpfull carrying our bags to our room and gave us a map and times. We slept most of the first day, but got out to the pool about 2ish and were suprised to find a place to sit! the pool was lovely! The food was amazing, especially the BBQ restaurant, I wouldnt recomend the Italian Restaurant, it was a bit too "dressed up" and the food wasnt that great. You also had to pay for wine. There is nothing I would say was bad abou the resort, although we did have our towels stolen when we were swimming, to come back and find a fat man and his wife sitting in our seats! but obviously thats not the hotels fault! Really would recomend it! and definately go All Inclusive, we must have eaten our weight in crepes! Really great time! "

• Travel date: 30th July 2010

relaxing at the blue lagoon resort

Reviewed 16th June 2010

"just returned from a week at the blue lagoon. arrived at hotel about 5am after night flight from cardiff. checkin about 10 mins then we were taken to our room which was spacious but basic. food plentiful but repetitive and not very hot. often queues for meals but not too long. pool was biggest i've ever seen with in-built jacuzzis - fantastic! separate area for children plus a separate pool for children with slides and a pirate ship in pool-kids will love it! quality of drinks available not too good - beer very weak but you could help yourself! good entertainment for kids daily but not much for adults.no other bars near resort so if you want to go out you need to go to kos town,only 5mins on bus. visit to kos town is a must-the harbour is very pretty and there are loads of shops and bars there- also plenty of ancient ruins to mooch around! overall a very relaxing break and would recommend to friends"

• Travel date: 14th June 2010

Hotels near Blue Lagoon Resort

Top traveller tips for Blue Lagoon Resort

• by Colin F

"Enjoy it and use the golf karts on offer .You'll need them as the resort is huge."

• by K

"Good Place to Relax and enjoyed the sun"

• by hev

"relaxing in resort but don't bother going to the beach!"

• by G Hurd

"The views from the castle in town are stunning."

• by caz

"take a very good book!"

• by Lisa and John

"great holiday, Greatly recommended"

• by Baldie & Lu

"excellent value for money u get what u pay for."

• by kirajo

"Lots of suncream as very hot in August"

• by thelinesfamily

"Absolutely Brilliant Place"

• by PrincessG

"All you need is a good book to read, everything else is there!"

Blue Lagoon Resort is also called