Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa

Absolutely amazing

Reviewed Thu 30th of October 2014

"We holidayed here in June after staying in another Mitsis Hotel and appreciating the quality and service. We were not disappointed.
We had a wonderful room with a blue domed ceiling. It was spotlessly clean and remained so for the 2 weeks we stayed.
There were pools everywhere and lots of sunbeds with plush cushions and a clean towel every day. The beach was also well stocked with beds and cushions so there was no need to race out in the small hours to reserve your bed.
The food was excellent with so much choice. As well as the main restaurant there were 4 a la cart restaurants and 6 snack bars.
Entertainment was very professional and the bar staff couldn't have done more for you. A special mention for Denise who worked her socks off and always remembered your drinks choice.
The main bus into Kardamena or Kos stopped right outside the hotel so it was door to door service.
One thing to remember though is the hotel is on a hill so those with mobility problems would likely have trouble

I can't wait to go back but please,hotel management, don't change a thing!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of October 2014

disappointing end to a up to then enjoyable holiday

Reviewed Tue 17th of September 2013

"We stayed at the blue domes for a 7 night break at the beginning of September 2013. We found the accommodation pleasing with the rooms clean tidy and spacious, albeit the other couple that went with us had asked for a bungalow room and had to be asked to be moved on the second day of our arrival. You could not fault the food in the main restaurant as there was an abundance of variety for all three sittings of the day. The six restaurants around the middle bar were nice as snack bars, but could not really be classed as "Restaurants" as the choice was limited and the pastry restaurant being more like a cafe. The four main restaurants were not worth the bother, having tried three of the four. With again finding the choice very limited, with items off the menu in two of these not being available.
The drinks were okay for the first few days, but again by the end of the week the options available were depressing and sickly in regards to the contents.
In the end we spent each evening sitting at an adjacent taverna "Big Mikes" drinking proper cocktails regardless of having to pay for the privilege. I appreciate this was our choice, but never the less is a fair appraisal of the fact the all in deal was not all it was cracked up to be in either the web site or brochure.
The most disappointing part of this holiday for us was the last day, as we had paid additional money for the four of us to stay in one of the rooms to shower and change. Check out being12 noon, but our flight not departing till10 pm.
I made it known to the main desk that we would be taking our cases to our friends room, and in doing so we would also be taking the hotel provided towels to use after being on the beach all day to shower prior to our departure. We also informed our maid, whom we tipped for doing a fabulous job who in turn gave us clean towels for this purpose.
We took our cases and left these in the shared room to spend the last day on the beach. We had booked two cabs to take us to the airport for 7 pm, and returned to the room for 5 .30 pm to shower. It was then we discovered that someone had entered the room and taken these towels from our cases. Having run the main desk to complain, we had to then wait till 6 .15 for clean towels so that two of us could shower. This left very little time to get ready, and left me very angry at the fact we had our cases rifled for a better word and leaving us rushing when there should of been no need.
Prior to our final departure, I marched up the 400 yards to the main desk and presented all the wet towels on the desk with rebuke to the desk manager that left him and whoever else was in the foyer in no doubt to how annoyed I was.
I would go there again, but now know not to bother to book for dinner at the restaurants and would recommend getting out for a bit of variety."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of September 2013

Gym? What's it like?

Reviewed Tue 16th of April 2013

"We haven't booked this hotel yet as we can't seem to find out what the gym is like and we want a good one as work out regularly. Any help? The hotel doesn't have any information or photos and doesn't seem to want to help which speaks volumes! "

• Travel date: Sat 13th of April 2013

Good Hotel Very poorly staffed and managed!!!

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"We booked here after staying in the mitsis norida beach (next door ) in 2010, I was in admiration of this new hotel in 2010 after wandering the grounds of this hotel it looked stunnung then.

Our arrival at this hotel was silly o'clock due to flights being awful from england - we were met by a forlorn and un-happy member of staff - no big welcome with a cool drink to refresh our parched tongues!! he read what seemed to be a scripted speech to guests checking in before us and beside us then he said same to us....

We found our own way to our room as the concierge had gone AWOL... ! on arrival in our room we were really delighted with the room , it was roomy and fresh ,well decorated and clean , bathroom was immaculate, the balcony was room and had wide ranging views over the hotel grounds and out towards the sea... gorgeous.. !! room 112 for your info.

we were a bit dissapointed to find the spa was all at an extra cost!! strange in a supposed 5 star + hotel as all the ones i have stayed in dont charge extra fro simple things like an indoor pool and sauna!!

We booked this holiday as independant travellers and got a great deal through this route.

Day 1 - we went to breakfast and the main restauraunt was fully operational even though the hotel was only 30% occupied. food was lovely and service went well.

Day 1- lunch time - we went to main restauraunt to eat and were sitting outside on the terrace overlooking the sea again a gorgeous setting, we were sat for ten minutes or so and were not offeres any drinks= my girlfriend Sonya asked me if it was self service ? i replied i think it must be! so sonya went to the serving station and took a small carraffe of wine to serve us - well to our shock a female waitress appeared from no where and started shouting across the terrace at her !! un believeable in a 5 Star hotel - never know anything like this the waiteress stood there actually shouting !!"what do you think you are doing ??" sonya said embarassed to the hilt!! i thought we had to help ourselves as no one was here!! yet more verbal abuse from the waitress!!!
We told the manager who apologised profusely! we asked for an apology from the waitress, she was approached by the manager and she then shouted at him!! he came back to us after talking to the hotel general manager and said he wanted to send her home but this was not agreed by the GM!!!? shortly after this she seemed to dissapear for the day!?
We were really happy to see the hotels efforts to apologise to us with a bottle of Cava being sent to our room with a tray of fruit.
As our stay progressed 27/10/12 to 3/11/12 we saw guests leave most days and the numbers dropped in 2 days from 500 or so to around 40! we were told before we booked the hotel would be fully open until the 3rd november so were dis-illusioned to see everything reducing each day - we tried to book the Asian restauraunt many times on the computerised system but it kept saying full! we were told by the Asian restauraunt that they would be open but the hotel said they were shut ! every thing was badly organised here in the hotel , the staff were really rude or really happy - its a real strange place to stay as on the face of it , it looks great and palacial in places - the management here are not in touch with the staff or the guests it runs remotely - and feels like it runs on good will where the staff feel fit to treat guests right.
All the ala carte restauraunts ended up fully shut after day 4 of our stay.
The pool bar shut after 3 days!
Sushi bar is yummy as is the german resauraunt - ice cream parlour was great as well an eye opener if you have the kids with you!!

Entertainment ran for 3 nights and was ok at best,.

"2012" wow the pools have aged in 2 years since this first opened ! tiles are falling apart and guest are regularly scraping and cutting them selves on the sharp edges!
but all that a side it was great to have these pools pretty much to ourselves!

We walked in to Kardamena on day which takes nearly an hour - the town is run down and has had the life sucked out of it bt all the Mitsis resorts due to all inclusivity !! shame as the people are so lovely - we spent time in the area one night and talked to some ex-pats in a pub called the galleon ! " i think"

we were told we had to leave our hotel at 6pm 3/11/12 even though our transfer was not due to collect us until 4/11/12 at 01:40!! as our hotel wanted to close for the season!
We re- arranged our transfers to collect us from an agreed place in kadamena and booked a night in a local studio apartment to accommodate us.
Our transfers never turned up and we missed our flights back to england as there were no taxis running in kardamena that time of the morning !! we were gutted and distraught by this,
We had to travel to turkey the next day to get back to england and it cost more than £800!!

Cant belive they told us we had to leave as other hotels in the area were staying until last guests left- we know this as we hired a car and spent time looking at other alternative accomodation for the last night.

• Travel date: Mon 19th of November 2012

SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CLAIM THAT IT IS 5 STARS.

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"A beautiful all inclusive hotel in a stunning location. Rated 5 stars but did not supply any black tea/bags, guests had to go out and buy their own. When we asked if there was any black tea the member of staff that we asked said "I don't know what it is with you British, there are camomile, lemon, peppermint and peach tea but all you want is black" Butter was not supplied, it was margarine which I do not eat, I ate dry bread/toast throughout my stay at this 5 star hotel. My husband and I took our seven year old grandson with us, we took him to the burger bar where they gave you approx. ten chips with your burger, when we asked for a separate order for chips, we were refused outright and told that there were now new rules and we couldn't have any chips on there own. On two separate occasions prior to this we had been given a saucer with about another 20 chips on it, just enough for the child. Absolutely despicable service. We were told that if we wanted some extra chips we would have to order a burger to get some. My husband and I did not want a burger, so we were not given the chips. I did go to the management who said that the staff wouldn't do this because they were all inclusive. He didn't make any attempt to go to the burger bar with me or send anyone else to deal with the problem to even question why they were refusing food to guests. Every day in the internet room the electricity was switched off via the fuse box so no one could charge their ipad/computer. As there was no electricity, there were no lights on in the internet room either, even when it got dark. One day I went to the main reception and asked a manager if they could put the electricity on because I wanted to read, he said that he would send someone to put the lights on, but half an hour later at about 5 p.m. we were still sat in the dark. I then went to ask the man at the bar if he would call reception and ask them to put the electricity back on, he said that someone would do it in a few minutes. Ten minutes later I went back again to ask if he would please put the light on, the guy became angry with me and said that the bar does not open until 6 p.m. I said but I don't want a drink, I want the light on so that I can read my book. By this time there were about ten/twelve people sat in the room and everyone had listened to the conversation between us. About another five minutes later two guys came with a set of keys, opened the cupboard in the corner of the room and flicked the fuse switch, the lights came on. We just felt that we were just a nuisance by being there. We understood that the hotel was closing four days after we left and that this was probably the reason that they didn't want to order more tea bags, butter etc. but guests should not have to go out and buy their own, the least that the hotel could have done was go out themselves and buy teabags for the guests. This was my first trip to Kos, Greece, but I will never return, I will never recommend to any friends that they go there either. We paid a lot of money for this all inclusive hotel and what do you say to a seven year old that asks "Why can't I have some more chips grandma". There are no heated swimming pools at this hotel either, there is an indoor pool which is not heated and no children are allowed to go into it. The swimming pools outside were freezing in October. The gym, or what they call a gym had one cross trainer in it only and no other item. The hotel has some very nice outside restaurants but the main one left a lot to be desired, it was like eating canteen food. As for service at the bars, there was only ever one person serving and you had to wait anything up to 10 to 15 minutes to get a drink. Out of the seven nights that we stayed at this hotel we only ever got a sun lounger on the beach on one of the days. Because they were closing at the end of the week, and as people left they removed the loungers from the beach a few more each day. Every day we had to sit on the gravel. My opinion, Absolutely shameful to be rated 5 stars."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of November 2012

Not quite five star

Reviewed Sun 27th of May 2012

"The blue domes is lovely the rooms grounds public areas are worthy of five star,the food in the main restaurant which is very nice with plenty of choice is three star at best,pool snack bars,there are six of them are good all snacks burgers fish chicken legs gyros shusi are all made too order, the four al a carte restaurants are ok too but not five star.most of the staff are great always happy and work hard,some of reception staff are not the right people for the job,always grumpy and sometimes rude, "

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2012

GRETA HOTEL AND ACCIOMODATRION

Reviewed Fri 11th of May 2012

"Stayed may 2012. absolutely fabuloius hotel greta food, grteat facilities, clean, and great all round hotel. 5kms from kardemna but 10 eurois intaxi. really good for under 7s at mitsis holiday world. less entertin,ment for teenagers except internet and waterpark. but great hotel greta food, great loication greaty rooms"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2012

Dont bother-Benidorm is better!!

Reviewed Tue 13th of September 2011

"My family and I booked here for 2 weeks because it promised good Kids clubs-If their happy so are we! I wont bore you with a Novel so I will bullet point what we found

1- Absolutely NO kids entertainment for the over 10's
2-Only limited hours of kids club for under Tens-Though the ameneties are there, they dont seem to staff them
3-Food, O.K. rather greasey-we ate out at some great Resturants in the Town ALOT because they were far better (10 Euros in cab) Cafes by the pool were of good quality but very regimented (had to order food to get a drink, lots of queing) "Special resturants that you have to book wernt much better, and they ended up closing the booking (or should I say 1 hour que to book) because they had to give so many bookings away as compensation for not giving people the rooms they booked-see below
4-Staff-Generally very good, though as most of them are from Eastern Europe, effieciency seems more important than good customer service.
5-Clenliness is VERY good, though being woken up every morning at 8am because they were making sooo much noise cleaning the other rooms, moving furniture around was really winding us up! (we called it the monster because of how loud it was) It seems the Hotel should employ more maids so the poor dears wouldnt need to start cleaning so bloody early! our maid never stopped. Again,it seemed the task of cleaning was more important than the customers stay (or lie in!!)
6-Bars, these were o.k., staffed by nice people and offerd a very small amount of interenational drinks, mostly local copies. ALL BARS CLOSED BY 12.30am!!!!!! It seemed that just as the nights were getting started, you were encouraged to go back to your room (what terrible entertainment there was started playing the same slow songs about 11.30pm every night to bore you into submission!)
7-Entertainment This is the worst I have ever seen on a holiday abroad, It was like going back to a Butlins in the 1950's! They used the kids entertainment team to put on some DESPERATE shows, it was very painfull to watch most of the time! Though the Russians seemed to love it, then again not much laughter or entertainment has happend there for a long time I suppose! Every night we were tortured be this guy with a electronic organ who pretended to play pre-recored tunes whilst not knowing the words to many a classic, EVERY ****** NIGHT!!-come on!!
8-The building and Beach-Excellent pools, building, and beach, though the management do need to uphold some of the rules of the pools cos there was a few fall-outs over people reserving pool side sun loungers (me being one!) Oh, and dont be suprised if you dont get the room you booked-it seemed standard practice to over book families and move people around when you get there, and they always say they have up-graded you as compensation-if they do then push for 2 days free car hire, A freind of ours went on the excursions as compo and wernt too impressed. No Aircon in any Toilets or video game room, so popping in any of these ussually meant coming out soaked in sweat-we complained and was told three times that engineers were working on it as we spoke (yeh, for two weeks?)

Im sure the management of the Hotel will be quick to comment on my points, shame they couldnt be as efficient in answering our complaints while we were there.(rather condascending) This is not the first Hotel they have (8 I think)-surely they should know how to do things properly by now!! we complined about four times over these issues while we were there and never even received a reply from the Management-even my 13 year old complained!

We have recorded all what we saw and heard and may even start a web page for interested parties! let me know and I can send you a link!

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2011

Fab!

Reviewed Thu 23rd of June 2011

"Just returned from the Blue Domes and had a fantastic time.

The reception staff are more than accomodating, however could not find the booking of the complimentary on last day even though we booked it twice. However they arranged for us to shower in the spa so it was no big deal. They offer a complimentary room for 30 minutes as you have to hand rooms over by noon but many have late night flights.

Food enough choice for everyone, if you can't find something you like than you must have a serious problem. Yes the buffet is just warm but there's plenty of food cooked to order which is piping hot.

Rooms very clean, air con and hot water all working. Free drinks in fridge, replenished everyday. No kettles or tea making facilities in room, if you like this take your own. No irons or ironing boards in room. Did see anywhere where you could use iron.

Plenty of places to get food and drink from noon till late.

Didn't go to beach for day but paid a visit and the facilities appeared good. Place for food and drink plenty of sunbeds.

Yes the same old scenario having to get up early to get a sunbed and one day unable to get one till later in the day. Not sure why this is as there's plenty of empty space for more sunloungers and the pools were hardly full.

Plenty of Russians, Polish and Germansn who were very friendly,the hotel aims to please all its guests and not sure why people are moaning about other foreign nationals.

The hotel is on a hill and this could be awkward for those with a disability but the hotel offers a buggy service which seemed very efficent from the comments by those who used it.

Bonus... no annoying entertainment team around the site forcing people to join in things they don't want to and then calling them miserable when they don't. Just great.

Kids club not sure about the details as we didn't use this but didn't hear any compliants. The pools are deep and didn't see any shallow parts this could be difficult for small children.

Lovely spa, but very expensive.

Would say it was a 5* hotel with 5* facilities. Short 10km trip from airport, 22 euro in a taxi one way available outside airport if you haven't got transfer or there is more than 2 in the party more cost effective way to get to hotel.

The resort is isolated with little around but there is a bus to next town 1.60 euro. There is a footpath running from the beach to the town which takes around 45 minutes to walk. Also short walk along from beach there's a place which hires bikes for 5 euro.

Great place to go for a relaxing break... had a great time."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of June 2011

fantastic

Reviewed Tue 10th of May 2011

"we stayed at the mitsis blue domes for 1 week may 2011. 2 adults and 2 children aged 15 and 17.
wow this was a lovely hotel. The restaurants were superb - 11 in total, so much choice and something for everybody. there were countless pools, lots and lots of sunbeds, even on the beach. our room was upgraded when we arrived, we had a family masionette and it was huge - two bathrooms. wine, fruit in the room on arrival, the room was cleaned daily which included the beds changed each day, towels replaced and the mini bar replenished (free of charge) the entertainment was good, in the main bar live music, and an entertainment area where the animation team worked. there was music on the beach, ball games, watersports etc. staff were really friendly, nothing was too much trouble.
the only downside to this hotel was it is a bit out of the way from anything, its 78euros (39 each way) to take a taxi to Kos town, so would be cheaper to hire a car. A lovely hotel and i would definatley go back. "

• Travel date: Mon 9th of May 2011

Never again

Reviewed Mon 7th of February 2011

"Jume 2010 we went to the Blue Domes Mitsis we were initially really impressed, definitely one of the best hotels to look at and the room we had ( a family Bungalow) was superb however......

The air con stopped twice and we had to really chase to get it fixed, no hot water for two days, they kept saying it was ok and had to persist with the complaint to get it fixed, International drink brands are available but hidden in cupboards and staff often said they had run out ! No bottled water available at the pool bar, tap water ( filtered ) only. All drinks served in plastic or paper cups even if you werent going to take it to the pool, no poolside service either.

As for the food it was well below 5 star standard ( except the asian a la carte ) and in all the a la cartes they ask you to keep your cutlery from the starter for the main course, doesnt even happen here in pizza hut !! 5 star, I dont think so.
It was a bun fight at the main restaurant with queues forming around the central display even if you only wanted one thing, breakfast was good but the coffee served wash dishwater, with many italians and germans complaining.

In one restaurant we waited 1 hour for a Kebab and watched the Chef as he drank beer whilst keeping us waiting !!! He got his beer quicker than mine.

Several power cuts and it looks like this will continue as I spoke to a manager and he said that the power grid in Kos couldnt cope with such a large usage ( you can see why by the number of lights on at night )

Overall a very dissapointig experience and we will not be going back, Turkey offers a far better experience for the same star ratings !

• Travel date: Fri 4th of February 2011

Does not meet the expectations for a 5* resort!

Reviewed Mon 16th of August 2010

"During our travel dates from16-23rd June 2010, we encountered a number of issues which increasingly made our stay an unpleasant and stressful experience.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were made to wait for almost 2 hours before our room was allocated, during which time we were asked to occupy ourselves at the hotel. Having just arrived from the airport, we were extremely tired however we expected that this would just be a minor inconvenience. When we were allocated to room 473 we found a number of issues. The room had no working air conditioning unit, the bathroom door was unable to close and there was a distinct smell of sewage that was backfilling through the shower. We returned to the reception desk where we were told that this would be rectified later that day as there were apparently no other rooms available despite the hotel not being full. When we returned to our room that evening, there had been no changes to the condition of the room.

Again we spoke to the reception team, at this stage explaining that I was also pregnant and didn’t need the additional stress; we were told that our room had been added to the maintenance log and all issues would be cleared the following day.

On Thursday 17th June, we spoke to Elena Gheorghita, Guest Relations Officer about the issues with our room and were told it would definitely be sorted out by 6pm as it was unreasonable for us to have such poor conditions in our room. At 6pm, we returned to our room and found no change to the condition, as well as also finding that the mini bar in our room had not been re-filled.

We returned to the reception desk where we again spoke to Elena; she explained that the room had been overlooked and would be fixed within an hour. We were asked to return to our room to wait for the maintenance staff, however we explained that the room was far too warm for us to return, therefore we would wait in the reception area. After waiting for a further 1hour 45 minutes, Elena informed us that the air conditioning had been fixed and although it would take an hour to cool the room, it has been repaired. At this point, we left the reception desk, went to dinner and returned to our room some hours later to find that the unit was instead blowing out warm air and that the other repairs to the bathroom door and the plumbing still had not been checked. The mini bar had also still not been restocked. At this point it was too late in the evening for the maintenance staff to visit the room so again we waited until the following day.

On the morning of Friday 18th June, I spoke to Christina at Reception around 8am about the air conditioning, requesting that the settings be checked on the system. After breakfast (around 10am) being so frustrated by the lack of interest and service so far, I returned to the desk and asked Christina if I could speak to the Manager of the hotel. At this point, Elena returned to the desk, asked Christina to cancel my request as she would deal with it. I explained to her that I was extremely annoyed and disappointed with the service that she had already provided and needed it to be dealt with as soon as possible. I again relayed all of the issues to Elena and she clarified that it would all be fixed by 1pm and that 2 fans would also be added to the room to cool it down further.

We stayed around the hotel for the morning and returned to the room after 1pm where we found that 1 fan had been added to the room and that again nothing further had been done.

After returning again to the desk, we spoke to Elena and she immediately offered to move us to another room. Whilst this was appreciated, it was all that we had requested from the first day of the holiday and was therefore a much delayed response to something that could have been easily rectified. We had experienced poor sleep for 3 nights at the hotel due to the discomfort of the room and were simply unable to appreciate what was anticipated to be a relaxing break.

We arranged to move to room 706 that afternoon, where we realised that again the bathroom door did not appear to fit the frame and the main door had to be slammed in order to close, however the air conditioning unit was working in this room which had been our main concern.

Given that at this point we were already 3 days into our 7 day holiday we were disappointed that it had taken this period of time to move into another room. In addition to this, the manners and behaviour of staff towards us had been very poor and queries handled inefficiently.

On Sunday 20th June we arranged to speak to George, General Manager at Mitsis Blue Domes resort to explain the problems that we had experienced. We showed him the issues with the room and agreed that we would receive a refund for the price of our accommodation at Blue Domes as compensation for the many issues that we have encountered during our stay however we would need to arrange this through our travel agent (Hotels4U).

Having has a stressful few days, we tried to enjoy the remainder of our holiday, utilising the many facilities that are available at the hotel, many pools, spa, nearside beach location. Unfortunately though, it was difficult to do this as we were halfway through the break and by this point, just wanting to get home.

Overall, on first appearances the resort is lovely, stunning to the eye and has a brilliant combination of features. The restaurants (of which there are 10!!) are lovely, food is delicious and the waiting staff at the restaurants are great. Unfortunately our stay was tarnished by the poor customer service and lack of management at the hotel.

To add salt to the wound, upon our return to the U.K. we tried to pursue the refund as agreed with the Manager... Only for him to refuse. He told the staff and agency that he has not made this agreement and would therefore not fulfill this. As you can imagine this has only further committed me to the idea that I would never visit a Mitsis resort again and would advise others against this as well. We were prepared for teething problems with the resort having only been open for a month before our visit although I feel that the problems that we experienced account to more than 'teething' issues.

My friend and I are both regular travellers, we didnt expect much other than a relaxing break which unfortunately this hotel was unable to provide.

On a plus note, the resort is relatively close to Kos town with a taxi ride costing 9euros. For excursions, I would recommend going in to the town and arranging this through one of the many agents. You will get a better price and will be able to get the arrangements through an English speaking rep."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of August 2010

Hotels near Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa

Top traveller tips for Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa

• cozlw by cozlw

"I wouldn't recommend it if you're seeking 5* "

• the greens by the greens

"Hire a bike 5 euro. Get the bus 1.60 euro. "

• Steve C by Steve C

"Choose a different Hotel, the area has lots to choose from "

• Dianne H by Dianne H

"CAR TO TRAVEL ISLAN IE KEFALOS, KOS TOWN, ZYMI "

• jodie145 by jodie145

"Take your own Teabags and Butter just in case they run out again. "

• johnandson by johnandson

"best advice is not to go under current management "