About Meltemi Luxury Suites

• car hire
  • massage
  • greek amenities
  • sun terrace
  • free public parking nearby

Fantastic

Reviewed Thu 16th of June 2011

"My new wife and I stayed for our honeymoon. We had the best time. Athena was just the best host and could not do enough for us. Her staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We would definitely go back again. Ideal resort for a relaxing time. Keith & Marie"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2011

BEST HOTEL IN PERISSA

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Well where do I start, this hotel is fantastic, athina that works on the reception 7am-7pm everyday is brill, she can't do enough for and show as much interest in you that you would like or not like if that may be the case! we stayed in room number 10, just a little studio, but it had everything we need, nice four poster bed, minibar, air con.shower in decent size bathroom.......it's all you need really, cleaned daily to a perfect standed. cushioned sun louges by the pool/pool bar. ..........only 2 neg remarks that didn't really at all spoil anything but worth mentioning just incase other people would see these as REAL issue's.........the room we had had a connecting door to next door, nightmare first night as the people next to us were loud but i thing they thought no one was staying in our room as when we made a little noise just to show we were in there....they were quite the all two weeks.......only other one is no safe in the room but you use the hotel reception safe for a very small charge like 6 euros a week.........only thing you need to get ur money for the night before athina goes home at 7pm........reallly theses issue's were nothing for us and we have already booked for a week at the end of the year and two weeks next year!!!!!!..........one thing away from the hotel meltemi owner everything so make sure you go the the meltemi club bar on the main road and go see athoni the owner great man use to play striker for stugart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of July 2009

Loved it!!!

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"We had an amazing time in Santorini, meat some great people and really enjoyed the whole experience. Staying at Meltemi Suites and meeting Athena, was one of the factors that contributed making it a holiday to remember! Athina made us feel at home, and I couldn't fault the service that was provided. The thing I liked the best about this beautiful place was having breakfast by the pool, chatting to Athina and other people that were staying there. We all went out together for dinner one night, organised by Athina, and shared our experiences on the island. Picked up some great tips, and made few friends. Our room was basic, we didn't have the best suit....no balcony or jacuzzi (room 2).But I wouldn't expect it for the price we've paid. I was very happy with the fact the room was kept spotlessly clean. What other people wrote about the breakfast and adjoining doors is true, but didn't bother us.
I would highly recommend few places to visit. For good, traditional Greek cuisine go to Cyclades restaurant in Perissa. Check out the seafood platter. Amazing food, and great value for money.
Make sure you visit Dorian's bar as well, few minutes walk from Meltemi Suites. Nicos, the owner, was the kindest, most genuine person you could meet. He was a great help, helping us get organised with public transport, renting a quad bike...always with a smile on his face. Dorians is great value for money as well.
For some amazing cocktails visit Yazz Bar on the beach!
If you plan to do a day trip there are plenty on offer, just walk into any agency on main road. It's cheaper and more flexible than Tour Operators."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of June 2009

OK but not luxury!!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"Recently returned from a 2 week stay at Meltemi Luxury Suites & I honestly have to say they are not luxury. The rooms & suroundings were adequate but I have to say not worthy of a luxury label!

The biggest problem here is the interconnecting doorways that seem to be in most of the rooms...........sometimes you can hear every word that is being said by the people in the neighbouring room. Not what you want for a romantic getaway!

The rooms are Ok in size and kept spotlessly clean by the maid but the beds are not comfortable, there is not enough space for clothing and the furniture looks tired.

There is an good selection of food for breakfast cerels, breads, fruit, juice, tea, coffee, etc but for such a small complex they could offer to cook the food to order. Any hot food eg. sausages & eggs were at best luke warm.

As stated in previous reviews Athena is the perfect hostess, she is always on hand to answer any questions you may have and is a fountain of knowledge on anything to do with Santorini.

Perissa itself is not at all pretty.....I don't think I've seen so much rubbish in any other resort we have stayed in. The whole place is very dated & tired. To sum Perissa up I would say a good base to explore the rest of the island from and at least the prices here are reasonable.

Dorians is the best bar to drink in & the most reasonably priced with a very warm welcome from Nikos & Lulu. Sirocco & Finika restaurants are 2 of the best!

Dinner with the gods is the best excursion which can be booked through Kamari tours. Well worth the euros, the food was gorgeous and the trip lets you enjoy the sunset from the highest point on the island away from the crowds.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday in Santorini and you see some truly beautiful sights but sadly these are not in Perissa or at the suites!

Not a patch on Skiathos or Skiathos town."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of September 2008

Magical

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"Well you always say 'we'll be back again' when you've had a fantastic holiday - but when do we actually do that? This hotel is that place!! Perfectly situated between the main road and the beach front it is easy to get to either entertainment area yet as another Trip Advisor has said, far enough away to enjoy absolute peace and quiet. The restaurants opposite the beach are all fine, none stood out as particularly gourmet type but perfectly adequate for an evening meal at reasonable prices. A meal for two with a carafe of wine (trust me it's much better than the bottled stuff) is around €30. We too thought Xani on the main road about the best..........at around the same price. Everywhere is so friendly, but genuinely, not that painted on smile type that says 'we would like you to spend some more money with us tomorrow please'. Virtually all the restaurants gave us free ouzo (and plenty of it) after every meal! What can I say about the hotel and room and pool, just agree with everything that has already been said. Spotless and typically Greek with beautiful bourganvillia growing up around everywhere. Go to Thira and Oia - on the local bus is fine and cheap enough to get there. Do expect to pay hansomely though in the restaurants for the out of this world views. Orange juice and a coffee €12!! Again it's already been said but Athina is a fabulous hostess. We are returning next September which we think is the perfect time to visit, days hot, evening warm but with a cooling breeze. Hi to John Christina Vicky and Rich who shared their holiday tips with us as we did them!"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of September 2008

Highly recommended

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Meltemi Suites for a week at the end of May this year, we'd gone to Santorini for my son's wedding. On arrival we had a wonderful welcome from Athina on reception, as if we were long lost friends. The grounds were beautiful, huge geranium bushes everywhere in flower and the blue and white decor was gorgeous. We had booked one of the upstairs suites and had our own private terrace with jacuzzi. The suite was spotless, lovely clean fresh bathroom, separate lounge area and kitchenette with fridge, everything you could want although not all suites have the same facilities (we were in room 11 if that's any help). Huge comfortable bed although you need to be careful as its split level and there's quite a drop to the bed level - I came a cropper on the first night before I got used to it going to the loo in the dark! The hotel is situated about half way between the main street with restaurants, shops and bars and the beach road, where there are more restaurants and bars, only a few minutes stroll in either direction. The pool is small but although the hotel was full while we were there there was never a problem with getting a sunbed, in fact I sometimes had the pool to myself. Breakfast was fine, not for the full english brigade but loads of choice, croissants, cereal, preserves, omelettes, fruit, fresh coffee and tea, juice etc. and it was lovely to sit next to the pool to eat, nobody rushed you to finish and you could go back as often as you liked and help yourself to more. Woudn't recommend it (or Perissa for that matter) if you're looking for a resort with lots of nightlife or for the 18 - 30 group, Kamari is the place for you if that's your preference but for a quiet relaxing holiday it was perfect. Must mention Athina again, she must be one of the Meltemi's biggest assets, nothing was too much trouble and again when we left we felt we'd made a friend for life. Looking forward to going back for a proper holiday when we haven't got the stress of a wedding to cope with as well!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2008

Fantastic holiday!

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"I thought I'd write a review of this hotel because before we went on holiday I was frustrated that there weren't any 2008 reviews for this hotel online. Reading the reviews from last year and prior I was wondering what I'd got myself into! It turns out I wasn't disappointed though:

We arrived at the Meltemi Suites after a two hour flight delay so we were looking forward to relaxing as soon as possible. Athina on the front desk was very welcoming and gave us a glass of local wine while she was busy sorting out our check in process, which took quite a long time but as there were three other couples also checking in this was to be expected.

The room itself was perfectly ok; very simply decorated in blue & white with pretty furniture which Athina called "the girlie room" (much to my husband's horror!). We had a lovely large bathroom and bed and the air conditioning was much needed when temperatues hit the mid 30's. We were aware that some (not all) of the rooms had jacuzzi's outside however as we stayed here on a last minute deal we didn't expect to get one. Likewise some rooms have kitchenettes and others don't so it would be worth checking directly with the hotel if you want a jacuzzi and/or kitchenette. All the rooms have at least a fridge though and we found that to be fine for our needs. The only problem we found with the room was the fact that it had an interconnecting door (always locked!) so you could hear your neighbours' conversations (and anything else) quite clearly, however since we only really used the room for sleeping & getting ready in the evening, this didn't spoil our holiday at all. An earlier review comments on the fact that a young child was staying next to their room and they never got any peace, but I think the rules have recently been changed and the hotel no longer allows children under 12 so you shouldn't get the same problem.

Breakfast is quite limited at the hotel, they tend to serve the same thing every day and if you're a "full english" sort of person then I don't think this hotel will be suitable (unless you have a kitchenette in your room and are willing to cook your own!) however the food suited our basic needs and we were happy with that. What's also nice about the hotel is that if you want to chat to people and make friends with other guests you can do so easily, but likewise if you're happy to just be alone then you're given your own space.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. You're near to all the bars/restaurants/nightlife but you're just far enough away to not be kept awake by it. There are loads of good restaurants on the seafront and some good ones on the high street too (which are slightly cheaper as they don't have the sea view). We found the best one on the beach to be "Aquarius" and the best on the high street to be "Xani" and "God's Garden".

One thing I can't recommend highly enough is the Kamari tours excursion called "Dinner with the Gods". We were considering doing the "Sunset Cruise" with buffet dinner on board but changed our minds at the last minute to "Dinner with the Gods" as it sounded like it would be less touristy. A minibus picked us and one other couple up from the Kamari tours office at 6pm and took us to the highest point between Imrovigli and Oia, which turned out to be at a hotel called Pantheon Villas. We were welcomed with a cocktail and sat on the balcony until the staff were ready for us. The restaurant itself is all glass with white drapes and furniture and is perched right on the clifftop with stunning views all across the caldera and Oia. The restaurant is also used by the hotel guests but the staff had reserved the best tables for us and the other couple. We enjoyed a 6 course meal and watched the sunset away from the madding crowds of Oia (which can get very busy in the evening) The food was amazing; there are 3 menu's to choose from which you do at the time of booking (cheapest menu is 35 euros, then 45 then 55). We chose the 45 euro menu and were delighted with the standard, it was the best meal we had in the whole 2 weeks. I've attached two photos of the restaurant/location but sadly nothing compares to actually being there! :(

Overall we found Santorini to be a great place for a holiday. We were looking for a relaxing atmosphere away from the 18-30 style resorts of some Greek Islands but also wanted somewhere with some kind of nightlife and this was perfect. There were lots of backpackers around (old & young!) which added to the atmosphere and made the resort seem very laid-back and bohemian which we loved. We used the buses lots and found them to more reliable, cleaner & cheaper than London plus they run past midnight so you can enjoy dinner in another resort on the Island and still make it back to your hotel.

Athina is a great hostess and really makes sure your needs are catered for; nothing is too much trouble for her. She took a shine to my husband because she loved his London accent and made a point of talking to him daily to hear it! If we go back to Santorini I'd definitely stay at the Meltemi Suites again."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of July 2008

perfectly peaceful

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We had a fantastic week here. It was exactly as described and luckily we had specified one of the rooms with a private jacuzzi on the balcony. Apparently some people who stayed booked with certain english tour operators beginning with 'T' , weren't told that there were only four rooms with private jacuzzi and they all thought they were getting one. They did tell us the jacuzzi was cleaned every day but it wasn't and we had to prompt them, however ,it was fantastic in every other way. If you want a quiet, get away from it all but want somewhere with a bit of life within walking distance this is for you. The main 'strip' of Perissa was minutes away but it was perfect, lots of lovely restaurants and some fantastic bars all overlooking the sea.It is 'chilled out ' with great music around with a young upmarket trendy feel but all ages co-existed perfectly.No rowdiness!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of July 2008

hotel only has 16 rooms all of a very hi...

Reviewed Tue 24th of June 2008

"hotel only has 16 rooms all of a very high standard. suited mainly to couples. athina the manageress can not do enough for you and is very pleasant and humerous. this is probably the 1st time that the pictures in the brochure actually match the hotel and what you see on the web is what you get. perissa has a lovely beach and the facilities are superb. we hired a quad to get around which in early june will cost 8 euros a day and in the 2nd and subsequent weeks anything between 12-15 euros a day. jet ski's 38 euros for 15 mins. there is a superb outdoor cinema in kamari which shows films in english with greek subtitles 7 euros each films stat @ 21.30. if self catering use champion supermarket which is on the road to emporia this appeared to be the cheapest. it is definately worth hiring some form of transport as the island is only small you can get to anywhere pretty quick and with transport you can go off the beaten track and find deserted beaches. the standard of restaurants is quite good we would recommend the atlantic on the beach front quite near to melthemi suites and part of the same group, volcano a bit further along and blue on the main road by the roundabout @ the thira end of town. thers a nice walk up the mountain to thira but dont go on mondays as its shut as are all the museums. we would also recommend a visit to meglahori a traditional village with a very nice if not a bit dearer restaurant called "marmit" you'll either like it or hate it ha! ha! it was very good. fira is worth a visit but if you choose (we recommend you do) to walk down the steps to the harbour what out for the "greek bearing gifts" offering a special coffee and a cake he charged us 27 euros for two coffees and 1 bit of cake with some ice cream i think they catch a lot of tourists from the cruise ships. he wont catch us again or you now. on the way down watch out for the donkeys droppings. the cable car back is a good option only 4 euros each we only did one trip that was booked with anchor in perissa 20 euros each picked up from their office very close to melthemi suites taken to port to boat then over to volcano' hot springs, thirissia and onto oia (i a) for the sunset worth a visit oia is very quaint loads of winding streets. the view from the boat on the approach to oia is superb, remember when you dock there are only two choices to get up the steps walk or donkey hard walk but saves the donkey. overall a very good holiday and definately somewhere we will visit again. "

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

Santorini has confused me so I'd better...

Reviewed Fri 28th of September 2007

"Santorini has confused me so I'd better start with the apartments. From reading other sites and doing my own homework on this accommodation, I was a bit apprehensive before my holiday.

The Meltemi resort I found to be clean and well run and it has one of the best pool areas that I saw whilst on my travels around Perissa and Kamari. Lots of shade from fantastic palm trees. Yes if you go self catering then things are basic but that's the idea!!

The rooms had all the usual amenities like a cooker ring, TV (limited channels obviously) kettle, fridge etc. The maids attended every day and made the beds and cleaned the floors. Sheets were changed at least 3 times a week.

The resort is on the main road from Perissa to Fira so is situated in a good place to get around the island. It is only a few minutes’ walk from the bars/restaurants. Although most of the restaurants serve the same food, it is the way in which it is cooked and presented that matters.

I found the best restaurants to be The Volcano, Atlantis, and Acropolis which are all on the beach road. There is a good Greek/Italian on the main road but I can't remember its name. Thanks to the "News" bar and Dorian's on the main road for many a cold Mythos. Perissa beach is clean and many of the tavernas have free sunbeds and umbrellas if you use the bars.

Now then, Santorini the hype. Maybe I missed the plot here but it is supposed to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet which is why I went. Yes Oia and Fira are good to look at, that's why they are normally the only shots you get to look at in brochures and are normally the ones used to promote the island overlooking the Caldera and the sunset, but that's where it ends.

Be prepared to pay over the odds for everything in these places as well.

Having travelled the entirety of the island on a quad bike I feel I'm as qualified as anyone to say that Santorini is not the picturesque jewel of an island that the brochures say it is. I sadly didn't find the island a particularly naturally beautiful place like Kefalonia or Skiathos are.

Perissa is not a built up tourist trap that one review said it is. It probably will be in 15 years time though. It has just enough to keep you going for a week. Kamari is more built up and touristy and has a bit more to do but you cannot get between the two resorts without either climbing a mountain (Mesa Vouno) or trekking around it, therefore transport is essential.

Maybe I struck unlucky with the weather too, very hot but when you hear the word Meltemi (winds) when they come you'll never forget them. Extremely strong winds which seemed to whistle around the resort of Perissa, blowing plant pots over and throwing dust into the air. Everything on the island seemed to be covered in dust so be prepared for gritty eyes if you go in late September.

I could go on but in summary, one week is enough. Don't go thinking you'll be blown away by beauty, you won't. You will be blown away by the Meltemi winds though. Hire a car or bike. Make sure you have a couple of long sleeved tops for the night time if going in September. My suggestion if you want scenic natural beauty, Corfu, Kefalonia, Skiathos, Zakinthos etc etc. Santorini would be okay for a twin island holiday but not two weeks.

Overall-Meltemi resort 7/10, holiday 6/10."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of September 2007

Not worth it, dude.

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Let me begin with the caveat that my wife would disagree with this review because she just loved the place. I travel monthly. She travels a couple of times a year with me. So, we have different (not better) anchor points. We slept in a double that did not have a kitchenette, by design. We found the front desk service of Alina and Alex to be extraordinary at the 4 to 5 star level. For example, my wife left her passport at the hotel. It was delivered to our hotel in Athens within hours of our notifying Alina at Meltemi.

The room was a little smaller than an American room for the same price, but large by European standards. The canopy bed
was comfortable at the 3 or 4 star level. Lighting was notably elegant and classy. We had a nice, semi-private veranda. Other guests freely used the balconies for socializing and enjoying the Santorini sun. It is notable that we were probably the youngest couple of just about 16 units. The younger crowd tends to stay at Meltemi Village. The other guests tended to give my wife me extra looks--we weren't sure if it was our youth or our being interracial. The suites are very close to Perissa Beach (3 minute walk), a short strip of beach-lined restaurants, and the main Perissa Beach road. Beyond these notables, nothing else stood out as worth 120 Euros. Negatives: There was no in room safe. My wifw complained about the irritating on/off aircon. I did not mind it. It took some adjusting to the idea that the whole spacious bathroom was your shower. There was no shower curtain in the bathroom, so one learns just how far water will shoot if not paying attention. The most disturbing aspects of the stay were the building's design and structure. Our adjoining door to the next room was attached to our neighbor's bathroom! This provided more information than I needed. Privacy was at such a minimum that intimacy was always mitigated by the notion that your neighbors might find what you say and do part of their evening entertainment. My wife would stay here again
for the bed alone. I travel a lot more and found the suites not worth a second time through."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2007

Lovely looking hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"My girlfriend and I were originally booked in at the Meltemi Club but were upgraded at the last minute due to this place closing so we were upgraded to the Suites. On first entering the small complex i was very pleasantly surprised at how this place looked. It is a small set up with 16 rooms all as separate suites and a small but very attractive pool area wth bar. On arriving at reception we were given a glass of the local wine to welcome us and the lady there was very helpful in settling us in. The room was beautiful with its own character and we loved it straight away.

I would have only 2 small complaints. Firstly, after a few days a family arrived with 2 small children and they were put in the room next to ours. Although the walls are thick there was an adjoining door (always locked). This meant we could hear every single word from next door and the small child never seemed to stop talking so bang went our peace and quiet. Also we were given a price list for the laundry service but when we wanted to utilise this we were told there was no service so we had to walk 400m down the road with our washing. Didnt matter too much as we came across a lovely old local lady who did our washing and drying, folding etc beautifully for just 8 euros.

The pool area is beautiful, especially in the evening when its lit up and the pool bar service is great, the barman had no hesitation in mixing the cocktails we wanted and all staff were very friendly indeed. On the whole i would recommend this hotel due to the cleanliness and helpfulness, as well as the beautiful surroundings. Also its 2 minutes away from all the restaurants on the beach so great location."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of October 2006

Hotels near Meltemi Luxury Suites

Top traveller tips for Meltemi Luxury Suites

• Keith & Marie by Keith & Marie

"Visit Bob's Bar for a friendly drink and Gods Garden for a great meal which won't break the bank. Also take a walk along the sea front towards Privolos to The Meteora Taverna, Irene is a fantastic entertaining host "

Meltemi Luxury Suites is also called