swimming pool

• fax photocopying
  • french amenities
  • massage
  • outdoor furniture
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • greek amenities
  • hiking amenities
  • sun terrace
  • bicycle rental
  • street parking amenities
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • fishing amenities
  • pool beach towels
  • desk
  • iron
  • clothes rack
  • board games puzzles
  • free public parking nearby
  • horseback riding amenities
  • picnic area
  • private check in check out
  • canoeing amenities
  • books dvds music for children
  • diving
  • highchairs available amenities

Good

Very friendly and pleasant pension

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"We stayed at Pension George for one night recently on our way to Ios. Our room was clean and comfortable with a lovely terrace and the pool was very pleasant and located in a nice exotic garden- although it is admittedly surrounded by the balconies and terraces of the other rooms so not so great if you like privacy; however, at this time of year, it was practically deserted. Breakfast was served in a nice little courtyard and, most of all, we appreciated the warm hospitality of Helen and George, the owners. George even picked us up from the airport when we arrived and took us back to the port the following day to catch our boat. If there is one negative comment though it would be the noise of the scooters going up and down the small road in front of the pension. But I think this is everywhere in Greece where young locals- and tourists- use mainly scooters as a mode of transport; however this did not stop us having a good night sleep. Although Pension George is definitely not located in the most scenic part of the island it is a great place to stay if you wish to be not too far from Fira and are looking for value for money. It is only 10mns from the airport and there are two tavernas nearby, although you may have to look further for diversity in terms of places to eat. All in all a nice place to stay as a base if you are willing to rent a car (there is a rental place 2mns away) and explore Santorini."

• Travel date: 8th October 2007

Fantastic holiday

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"I have to say that staying at Pension George made our Holiday one of the best yet. It is in an ideal setting and location on the island of Santorini. Staying here you really feel a part of the community as everyone is as friendly as the owners of this family-run business. We were looked after very well and helped out on many occasions as to how to get around the island and where best to visit. The whole complex is well maintained and finished to a high standard, just what you are looking for in holiday accomodation. The town of Karterados itself has plenty of places to eat and enjoy a few drinks, and are all within a short walk of Pension George. The main town of Thira is also not too far away. I can safely say I will be revisiting Pension George Again in the future."

• Travel date: 26th May 2007

Gorgeous George!

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Loved it, loved it , loved it! Our most enjoybable stay in Greece to date and I'm sure it's partly down to Pension George. They picked us up free from the airport, which was a fantastic touch. We found the rooms (with fridge and air con) to be very clean and management friendly (the lady who runs the place is English). Only a 2 minute walk to a well stocked mini market or maybe a 15 minute walk (or a 2-3 euro taxi ride) to Thira, for the more adventurous! We stayed in Thira last year and must say that Pension George is far cheaper. All round we'd give it 5 out of 5. We had a very relaxing time and will definately be back!"

• Travel date: 17th May 2007

not bad

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"nice pension about 15 mins walk to thira has its own pool and breakfast was avaible for extra charge,i would have given it a higher rateing we were given a semi basement room no balconey no reduction in price and air conditiong was 5euro extra which was not mentioned on web site the free transfers to the port are good ,the only other downside was the bedroom pillows they were like a bag of rocks terrible as a english lady runs the place you would have expected better pillows."

• Travel date: 26th September 2006

Saw the great reviews on tripadvisor so I stayed here

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"I was at the airport in Athens (don't use the business room for internet access, it's a rip off!!) so anyhow, I search 'pensions in santorini' and I see tripadvisor with a few recommendations. Pension George was rated pretty high, so I looked up their number (on another site of course) and booked a room. First off, it's a family run business, the wife is English or something, the husband 'George' is a local from Santorini. The service was excellent. George picked me up at the airport in their hotel van, they walked me up to my room and I was taken away on how beautiful it was (especially for the price!). I got the room on the 2nd floor with the bed up in the loft. What a view! The place was very traditional white and blue. The pool was really nice too..lots of people swimming (I still can't understand how people swim in a pool when you have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world down the street!?) I have to say, traveling isn't always about the beauful scenery and fancy dinners, yes those are nice, but for me service is probably one of the most important things. When I was here, I felt really at home, they make you feel extremely comfortable and relaxed, and they go out of their way to keep you happy. I can't recommend a better place to stay, it's not a 5 star hotel with fancy service, but it is a homey place that is very clean and comfortable. On another note, I flew to Prague the next day (I'm here now) and the city is great, but the people out here are not that friendly. Wish I would have stayed at Santorini longer :-( But that's another topic."

• Travel date: 27th July 2006

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"If you want to stay where the "action" is, this is not the place for you. But, if you want a nice, immaculately clean, inexpensive, peaceful, and friendly place to stay on Santorini, then look no further than the Pension George. Making arrangements to stay on Santorini is a must, unless you want to deal with the madness of finding transportation and a place to stay at the very busy port, and how nice to have a free and friendly transfer waiting for you! George was right there waiting for us, his wife Helen was very helpful with choosing things to do & making tour arrangements during out stay, and the village of Karterados is a wonderful base from which to explore the island, especially if you get a rental car. We would have hated having to worry about the traffic and parking up in hectic Fira, but this was a breeze at the Pension George... which is easy to find and has plenty of parking. I cannot recommend getting a car highly enough, as there are many places on Santorini that are simply inaccessible by bus, and those are some of the very best places. And, by staying at the Pension George, you will be able to easily afford one!"

• Travel date: 4th June 2005

A great place

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"The Pension George is a fantastic alternative to staying in busy and expensive Fira. It is very reasonably priced for this island and the quality of the accommodation is top rate - they even have a lovely swimming pool. Helen and George, the owners, are extremely helpful and friendly. George will come and pick you up from the port when you arrive which saves a lot of time and hassle. It is around 15 mins walk into Fira centre but don't let that put you off in any way - it's easy. You can also take the bus if you like. Kartaderos has a few restaurants of it's own and they are about a third of the price of the ones in Fira. I can highly recommend this place."

• Travel date: 9th September 2004

Friendly service, great value

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"My wife and I have now stayed at "Pension George" twice in the last 5 years. The owners are friendly and go out of their way to help you. The rooms are kept spotlessly clean, and the accommodation is very good value, especially bearing in mind that they have a swimming pool, which is quite unusual for accommodation in this price range. Pension George is located in the village of Karterados, which is a good base from which to explore ths island. (You avoid paying the really high room rates in Thira but can still walk there in a few minutes!) We are hoping to visit again sometime in the next couple of years!"

• Travel date: 31st March 2004

Three visits later

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Santorini is an amazing place, whether you want beaches or food or ancient history, and Karterados is at the junction of practically everything. Tucked away in the back streets is the calm, bougainvillea-covered entrance to Pension George, with nice clean rooms, air-conditioning and friendly - genuinely friendly - English-speaking proprietors George and Helen. Swim in the pool while the church bells ring in the evening, go into Thira town for the bustle, and come back to peace and quiet and a decent night's sleep; wake up to amazing sunrises or loaf the day away. We've been three years' running now!"

• Travel date: 15th September 2003

Worth a stay!

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"I found this pension purely by accident! I must say, for the price it's certainly adequate. Much cheaper than staying in Thira itself which is about 15 minutes easy walk away. Few street lights at night - man, it got dark! Couldn't see a thing (apart from the moon and stars). Go again? Definitely!"

• Travel date: 13th May 2003