Good

Amazing!!!!!

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"Absolutley Amazing!!!! We have just returned from a 2 week honeymoon and cannot believe how lucky we were to spend it at such a beautiful, well kept, properly run hotel. We were greeted by 2 of the staff as we stepped out of our taxi, our luggage was taken to the room while the owners (brothers, Alex and Achillias(?) greeted us and showed us around their amazing hotel. It consists of 25 villas which were built 2 years ago. They all have amazing views of the caldera and are decorated to the highest of standards. The pool isn't massive but then it doesn't need to be, the hotel was at full capacity when we were there but you wouldn't even have noticed as the whole place was so quiet and relaxing perfect for lazing around on the sunloungers while listening to gorgeous relaxing music. Food can be served on your sunlounger, balcony, outside seating area - even in the pool if that's what you want!! Nothing is too much trouble for them. The lounge room has a state of the art television etc and a computer for internet access and the attention to detail is fantastic. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough if you are looking for a completely relaxing holiday. The town of Fira is only 10 minutes by taxi (5 euros) where you can enjoy the gorgeous restaurants and bars but then when the crowds get too much, you return to the hotel and chill out with a bottle of bubbly on a sunlounger while overlooking the cliffs at the spectacular view. First class hotel, first class service and first class staff. Will definitly be returning in the future."

• Travel date: 2nd August 2005

Absolutly Stunning

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"I stayed at the Santorini princess with my friend and it truley was amazing. We were blown away by the beauty of the hotel, its location and the facilities The spa facilities were excellant as were the staff, who were both friendly and proffesional. We felt catered for throughout the whole holiday. The hotel restaurant was amazing providing an excellant choice of menu. If you are looking for a luxurious stay on this this wonderful island i truley reccomend this hotel, it is by far one of the best hotels i have stayed in and will definitly be worth going back to!"

• Travel date: 1st August 2005

Paradise on earth

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"We have just returned from a 4 days (July 7th to 20th) get away to the Santorini Princess. The hotel is the best and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel to visit the island which is very attractive and unique place and were very sad to leave this paradise. The appartment were very nice and clean. The service was number one, could not ask for more attention from the friendly staff and, the view was simply out of this word and breathtaking. We are travelling a lot, 4 times per year and never saw a place like this..... absolutely wonderful! I would give a 10 stars to this hotel and would definitely go back one day. Do not hesitate to choose this hotel, you will not regret it."

• Travel date: 31st July 2005

Six Stars

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"This hotel is truly amazing... The staff is very courteous and the hotel rooms are simply beautiful. You will be able to experience both spectacular sunrise and sunset views from this hotel. Don't miss this one if you are traveling the Greek Isles !!"

• Travel date: 27th July 2005

Nice Hotel, friendly services, but bad massage

Good
Reviewed 24th December 2012

"It is a very beautiful Hotel, great services. I can only stayed there for 1 night because the rooms were fully booked. It has a very nice swimming pool, i love every part of the hotel. The downside of the hotel is location. If you have a car, then this is not a problem for you, otherwise you have to wait for the bus (never on time) or by walk 45mins to the town or take a taxi, but there are only 30 taxi in the whole island, it is very difficult to get a taxi. The food was okay, not as good as i expected. the sauces was very special, but my fish was overcooked. The breakfast was fine, but it cost 30 euro for 2. It was expensive for me. Spa Hotel? I thought Spa hotel should have very good massage, but the youny lady was awful, I cant relax at all, as she kept on talking and talking. For the price, it was overprices (80eruo /hr) for that bad massage, no skill at all, just like touching you, but not massaging you."

• Travel date: 27th July 2005

Even better than the web site !

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"When looking for a place to stay on Santorini, the web site of the Santorini Princess naturally caught our attention. We decided to book there instead of any hotels in Ia because it seemed to be more intimate & out of the way. Well, we hit a home run! The staff & ownership ( Achilleas & Alex ) could not seem to do enough for us & the other guests. You have to spend at least one whole day at the pool & deck areas to experience the sevice, view & serene music at 300 + feet above the sea. My goodness for a true 5 star resort ( 22 rooms ) the prices are reasonable if not a bargain. Lastly, my only complaint was the coffee. I told Alhilleas it was bitter. Instead of getting defensive, he wanted to find another brand. We will be back. Mr. & Mrs. Nicholas Chirigos, Baltimore, Md."

• Travel date: 10th July 2005

What can i say..

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"We stayed at the Princess for 3 nights after a cruise around the Greek islands... it was perfect in almost everyway. The views were better than any of the restaurants we saw and it was perfect just sitting on our balcony with a pizza and a glass of wine watching the sun slowly set. Despite being at full capacity you could find a space by the pool to soak up the sun and relax.. as another review mentioned it is a little isolated and certainly not for those looking fo nightlife but for those of us who like solitude and feeling you have the world to yourself it was perfect. We were travelling with our 10yo and she was equally as welcome and enjoyed the opportunity to laze around. We did the walk (returned by taxi) to Oia which was absolutely spectacular although I suggest you set off early as it gets a bit warm and wear good walking shoes as the terrain is slippery. We also walked to Fira and back so there is plenty to do if you so desire."

• Travel date: 7th July 2005

The most romantically charming place I've ever been

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"Ahhh, the memories of this island and hotel will sustain me for a long time! My husband and I celebrated our 30th anniversary with a trip to Greece. Santorini was our 3rd stop of four (Athens, Crete, Mythonos) and definitely my favorite. I could easily spend a week on just this island. The Santorini Princess is a 30 room hotel of serenity and service in a stunning location with unbelievable views! I can't imagine a more perfect setting. The hotel staff are completely there for the guests! Some of the staff are students, training in the hospitality industry and they are so pleasant and work so hard to ensure lovely stays for the guests. We laid by the pool overlooking the caldera and were offered complimentary pastries, freshly squeezed juices or a menu of drinks and food from the small restaurant. I had the feeling that there must have been a chef in the kitchen, having fun, saying "let's try this today!" From several outdoor lounging levels you can gaze at the landscape extravaganza including the town of Ia, (20 minutes by car),a dazzlingly white, charming Greek community that is famous for being a great place to watch the sun dip into the sea. We did just that one evening from a rooftop restaurant in Ia but the next night decided that our Santorini Princess view was even better! The restaurant brought appetizers to our veranda (no extra charge); we watched the sunset and then walked a few steps to the restaurant for dinner. This hotel is on a private road that leads up to a small church where there was a tiny wedding every night! Good choice! You can also get on the trail to Ia very nearby which to us looked like a goat path right alongside the edge of the caldera - beautiful, but maybe for seasoned hikers without a fear of heights! About 10 minutes to the south is Fira, a delightful shopping experience as well as an amazing feat of building a town on a steep hillside. We walked from Fira to Firostephani along the edge of the mountain and then had the BEST Greek coffee ever. Our room at the Princess was in keeping with the island theme. There were candle holders made of lava rock and sheer canopies as headboards. The kitchenette refrigerator held drinks, all very reasonably priced, and the bathroom jacuzzi was effective! I loved the wooden shutters and they told us that we didn't even need to lock our doors (but of course we did). There was even a TV lounge with free internet - a wonderful surprise. I had a manicure and my husband had a massage - both done by the aesthetician. What more could we have wanted? We are discerning travelers and this has my vote for "favorite place I've ever stayed." Enjoy!"

• Travel date: 28th June 2005

Superb

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"My wife and I travel a great deal. The service at the Santorini Princess was among the very best in the world. You can not sit down for 2 minutes before someone is offering you a drink or a towel. The two brothers who own the place are constantly around and will personally attend to your every need. Its hard to believe the prices were as reasonable as they were. This is also a small (about 24 rooms) and beautiful hotel with everything you would expect in a 5 star. The food was among the best I had in Greece and they serve it to you wherever you want around the pool or the terrace. The rooms are laid out in the traditional Santorini cave style and are a little spartan, but they are completely modern and clean. The bathrooms were good, but not great. Trust me, you won't stay in your room anyway. A word on location: The view is heart-stopping, but of course, that can also be said of nearly any hotel on the chaldera. This hotel is among the most isolated and quiet hotels on the cliff. It is not even actually in Imeroviglia, but a 20 minute walk further from Fira. Only for that reason, we personally would not stay here again. We loved Fira, but never found a hotel of this class in the town. Ia is beautiful, of course, but the whole town shuts down by 11 or 12. Also, I didn't buy into the whole sunset thing - the view seemed just as good to me anywhere else. (if you do like the sound of Ia - go to Katikies. Gorgeous hotel.) The hotel we were most impressed with was the Petra Honeymoon Villas. (yeah, I know, cheesy name.) The location of this place was specatuclar, jutting out on a point in the cliffside with views both ways. The rooms and the pool also looked beautiful. Finally, this hotel was right in Imeroviglia proper, which has some very good restaurants itself, and is a quick shot into Fira. By the way, the nightlife in Fira was fantastic. Not quite up to Mykonos standards in terms of quantity, but excellent clubs. Go to the Enigma. In sum, Santorini is one of the great places to go in the world. It has everything: world class beauty, great nightlife, very good food and friendly people. We also thought the prices were downright cheap. Forget Italy."

• Travel date: 28th June 2005

The very best!

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"I am writing this from my last day here at The Santorini Princess. We stayed in Santorini from June 7th-June 12th, 2005. When we arrived at the hotel after a long ferry ride from Athens, we were welcomed by the courteous owners, who gave us a brief tour of the premises. We were shown to our two-bedroom suite, which is fabulous! The bedrooms are well-decorated and each has a jacuzzi, which was wonderful at the end of the long day. The living room/kitchen has a small refrigerator and a stove. The two-bedroom suite is absolutely beautiful and perfect for a family. The pool is clean and lovely. There are endless places to sunbathe and different terraces to view the sunset or have an evening cocktail. There is a spa near the pool offering massages, facials and other services. This place is absolutely perfect for honeymooners. The food is served at the charming restaurant or you can eat at the pool or order room service. The food is reasonably priced and every meal was delicious. The staff is friendly and makes sure you are always comfortable. Achilleas and Alex (the managers) made sure everything was perfect and arranged our rental car and ferry connection to Naxos. Achilleas even took my son to watch football, basketball and soccer in the media room, perhaps sensing that he missed his sports. He also gave him lessons in Greek, which was very sweet. I highly recommend this hotel. We came a little before the high season begins in full, and we felt we had the hotel to ourselves, but we were told it actually was fully booked. The location and quiet atmosphere add to the charm of this hotel. The view is perfect. You are midway between the main towns of Fira and Ia and I think this is much better, as it is quieter. The Santorini Princess is perfect in every way! Don't hesitate to go as you will not regret it!"

• Travel date: 11th June 2005

Hotels near Santorini Princess

Santorini Princess is also called

• santorini princess imerovigli
  • santorini princess hotel imerovigli