Good

This place is over the top great !

Reviewed 10th September 2013

"We stayed here for a week in May and it was outstanding . The property is beautifully set on the cliff overlooking the Cauldera .The rooms are nice and large , well furnished , comfortable bed and well air conditioned . The real highlight is the staff . Every day they went out of their way to make our stay special .Then when we got back home we had a problem with getting some merchandise that we had ordered in Fira delivered (the problem merchant was " Jupiter Ceramics") . I contacted Anastasis with my problem and they tracked the merchant don and actually went into town and spoke to them and got their contact information . This eventually led to our getting the ordered merchandise . This was really amazing on the part of Anastasis and we are hugely grateful to them for doing it . My wife and I have stayed at many many places all over the world and these guys are the best ."

• Travel date: 30th August 2013

WOW! A Paradise

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We went there for 3 nights and for a wedding...The hotel is absoluetly fantastic and Despina and husband was so kind and nice! It is the best place to stay for a relax time in Santorini. A must, and try to book your room soon to ask for one of the corner's rooms on the second or on the top floor. On your private terrasse, you'll have the most spectacular view of the Calderas and the most beautiful sunset."

• Travel date: 20th September 2005

Despina and the view make it special!

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"We had a marvelous stay at Anastasis Apartments. Despina personally greeted us and immediately made us feel at home. She recommended several traditional local wineries for us to visit as well as restaurants & other suggestions, all of which were great. We stayed in a junior suite, room 102, which was most comfortable, very spacious, with white marble floors and an incredible view. There are a couple of tavernas within close walking distance (we loved Taso's so much we ate dinner there twice!) but overall the location is quiet, which can be a plus or a minus depending on what you are looking for (we really liked it, and just rented a car for a couple of days to see everything Santorini had to offer). We went on great hikes on two different days -- the pathway around the caldera to Fira in one direction and Oia in the other runs right in front of Anastasis. We really enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi. The kitchenette came in handy -- we bought coffee, yogurt, fruit, etc. at a minimarket and enjoyed breakfast on our terrace every morning with that lovely view. We also bought wine, olives, dolmades, cheese, etc. & had a lovely private "cocktail hour" on our terrace every day at sunset! Overall, Anastasis is an excellent value. If you want super-luxury and to be able to walk to lots of restaurants and shops, this is not the place for you -- but if you want an incredible view and fantastic local hospitality, I can't imagine anyplace better! (By the way, the cute little boy whose photo appears on their website is her son. )"

• Travel date: 11th September 2005

Marvelous

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We found Anastasis Apartments through trip advisor when we were planning our trip because the hotel we wanted to stay at, Katikies, was not available for the entire time we were there in July. Anastasis was awesome. I do not have anything bad to say about this place. The view is one of the best we saw, and a perfect place to admire the sunset. The option to book the jacuzzi was great, very romantic and private. The room, we stayed in the honeymoon suite, was worth ever penny. Despina, the owner, gave us so many excellent reccomendations for dinner. We can't wait to go back. During the last 3 nights of our trip we stayed at the Katikies hotel which was full service, but for twice the price and we couldn't even sit by the pool. Had I known, we would have just stayed at Anastasis."

• Travel date: 21st August 2005

It's all been said already...

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"I used tripadvisor to pick Anastasis Apartments for a 4 night stay in July. To be honest I can't really add anything to what's been said already. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite for 1 night, and then stayed in the superior apt. Both were in excellent condition, very well kept and very well decorated. The apartments themselves all have their own little terrace with a table and deck chairs, and a great view over the sea/chaldera. The pool is fantastic. In terms of location it is perfect, bang in the middle of the island so it is easy to get everywhere. The apartments are also easy to find and get to, with parking available. The same cannot be said for many other places in Santorini, where you have to park your car and walk a few 100 metres to your room down a steep path. Finally at the risk of stating the obvious it is very peaceful there. Very quiet. Probably 99% of clientele are couples. If you are looking for a relaxing place to stay it is perfect. If you are looking for somewhere lively it's probably best to look somewhere else. Overall it is fantastic, as everyone else has already said!"

• Travel date: 11th August 2005

Absolutely SENSATIONAL!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Words cannot express the beauty of this place - it is truly unique and so stunning that we had to pinch ourselves daily to make sure it was all real! Despina was the hostess with the most-est. The moment we stepped through the front gates we were greeted with a big smile and a warm welcome, closely followed by complimentary drinks. She is so genuine and friendly - a lot of hotels could learn from her style. It's almost like you're living in her home, as she takes great pride in making sure everything (and I mean everything!) is perfect. She and her husband ensure that the complex is maintained to the highest degree of cleanliness and order. Our daily maid service unobtrusive (I think we saw her once in our week-long stay) and thorough. I've never seen such a picture-perfect pool area, constantly kept in a pristine state, and the elevated spa is like something out of a dream with the billowing white curtains blowing in the breeze and two white doves (honestly!) to complete the picture... savouring our bottle of Moet Chandon in that spa was like being some sort of movie star! The views. Well every other review has tried to capture the magnificent views in words, and it's not easy but I'll give it another try. They are absolutely to-die-for. My partner had not been to Santorini before (I'd had the pleasure of a visit 6 years ago) and he had the whole jaw-dropping thing going on every day AND every night. The beauty of this island MUST be seen to be believed... and Anastasis Apartments is the best place to experience all that the island has to offer. Each morning we'd prepare a breakfast in our kitchenette and sit on our enormous Junior Suite balcony taking in the views in front of us, which consisted of the endless pool, the caldera and Ia. So unimaginably beautiful it's almost surreal. Like living in a travel brochure. And sunsets from this same balcony were just stunning, with our choice of using either the deck chairs or the lounges to swill our wine and watch as the sky changed colours. (FYI - we thought the Junior Suite was a much better room than the White Room, and our friends who spent a couple of nights in the White Room agreed.) The endless pool is fantastic. To lean on the edge and look down over the caldera is a joy I will never forget. And we thought the water would be quite warm (and thereby not refreshing, as we've experienced in hotels in other hot places like Bali lately) but it was surprisingly cool and oh-so-refreshing after a good half-day of exploring the island! We spent a few hours there mid-late afternoon each day soaking up the views and relaxing poolside. Just amazing. Be sure to take plenty of deep breaths and really sit back and absorb the experience. We've missed it terribly since boarding our plane home, and that wasn't even 2 weeks ago!! Memories to cherish for a lifetime. The distance from the hotel to Fira is perfect. Far enough out of the mayhem to make your holiday relaxing, but close enough to all that you want to see (it's pretty much in the middle between Fira and Ia) with most sights accessible either by foot along the path that runs along the edge of the caldera - a 45 minute walk from Anastasis to Fira - or by transport. I believe there are local buses and of course there are taxis. We even hitched a lift with a kind old Greek man on our first day!! Then we rented a 4-wheeler bike for the week and had a ball zipping all over the place, plus it made the trip to Fira for dinner/drinks so very easy (5-10 mins and no waiting for cabs). Go and see Kostas in Fira, tucked in behind the main strip where the ATM machines are, just down that hill... he's a gem. Oh, and make sure you visit the little fishing village down at the foot of the cliffs - Amoudi - after a few hours exploring Ia. It's absolutely beautiful down there, so quaint and picturesque, and if you arrive at the right time you can watch the local fishermen bringing in their catches! After you've enjoyed a delicious and cheap seafood lunch (I can totally recommend the calamari!) at one of the gorgeous little tavernas, you really should do yourself a favour and head around the corner at a rocky outcrop - about a 5 minute walk from the tavernas - and have a swim there. It was a highlight for us. All in all I cannot recommend Anastasis Apartments highly enough. Amazing value for money given the location, standard of accommodation and the facilities. It was a true delight to spend our week of bliss at Despina's wonderful hotel, and I am recommending it to everyone I know... and we hope to be coming back for a repeat stay some time very soon!"

• Travel date: 8th August 2005

It's all true!!!

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"We stayed in a Superior Apt. for 4 nights which was very comfortable and very clean with amazing views. We then moved to the Anastasis Apt. for 3 nights - the apt. and views were so fab we didn't want to leave. On our last night we watched a wedding taking place by the jacuzzi while sipping wine from our balcony where we had our own sun loungers! The infitity pool was spotless and it was a real treat to watch the sunset from the jacuzzi. Despina and her family looked after all out needs with recommendations on places to eat & see. The local taverna has super food at a fraction of the cost of other restaurants. Go to Santorini and stay in the Anastasis Apt. - worth every cent!!"

• Travel date: 26th July 2005

Exceptional value!!

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"We used to travel every year and we find Anastasis is the most perfect place to stay. The host Despina really knows what a dreamful place should be. The hotel has all the features the expensive hotels offer but at a reasonable price. We think this is the reason why Anastasis became the No. 1 popular hotel in Santorini. As we booked the hotel pretty late, our stay had to be splited in two types of room - a Junior Suite & an Apartment. Both were excellent and we were pretty satisfied with the arrangment by our smart host. It was a great experience to swim in the infinity pool and watch the golden sunset! We had lived in another hotel in Oia after our stay in Anastasis. The place was nice but we could not feel the care and the enthusiasm from our hosts as we got from Despina. We miss you, Despina, your home and most travellers's home - Anastasis!! Definately we'll go back again and refer to anyone going to Santorini."

• Travel date: 16th July 2005

Paradise in the sun.

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"It's hard to write anything different than has already been said before but I'll try. My wife and I stayed at Anastasis Apartments for 7 nights from the 18th to the 25th of June. Having had an overnight flight, we arrived at the apartments at about 07:30 on the Saturday morning. Despite the early arrival we were made most welcome and were served breakfast by the pool with its spectacular views and every effort was made to have our room ready earlier than the normal check in time of 1 pm. Our accommodation comprised of 3 nights in the Anastasis Suite and the other 4 in one of the Junior Suites both of which were very generous in size. The views from both suites were breathtaking and the sunsets spectacular. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, pool area and the area around the complex which were kept spotlessly clean. We found our host Despina delightful and extremely helpful when it came to dealing with our enquiries and her garden (her pride and joy) was like a piece of England with all the blooms it contained. We look forward to returning again next year."

• Travel date: 6th July 2005

Sensational Santorini !

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"After Island hopping for 2 weeks I have to say that Santorini was without a doubt the most beautiful island . The Anastasis was also one of the most beautiful places we stayed . We stayed in a junior suite which was spotlessly clean and had the most spectacular views from the balcony. Within the grounds we were incredibly relaxed , the only thing missing was a bar serving drinks (there isn't a bar or a snack menu which was unfortunate ) My only concern was that the apartments were slightly out on a limb . If you don't want to hire a car or a moped then it is not in the ideal location. It was a 50 minute walk into the main town (it is a fantastic walk by the side of the caldera ) or we had to rely on buses or cabs . The buses were every 80mins (so not very frequent ) and the cabs were impossible to find at ferry times ( as they go and pick up new travellers from the incoming ferries) If it wasn't for this our stay would have been perfect ."

• Travel date: 23rd June 2005

Superb widescreen view & cool pool

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"My wife and I stayed here in Oct 2004. My apologies to Despina for my late promised review. A truely gorgeous place to stay. We agree with everything said by others, lovely hostess, local restaurant is nice with a free pick up/ drop off service. You will be in awe of the view from here it is spectacular and unforgettable. Sunsets are fantastic as the sun drops directly behind the island in front. In the morning sun the island looks different as the sun comes from behind the apartments. It really is a real life picture postcard in widescreen everyday right before your eyes. I have fond memories of sipping wine while watching a cruise ship take around 45mins to cross the view from right to left, oh so nice. We hired a Suzuki Jimny to cruise around the island which proved great fun as well as exciting and is something I would recommend. I dream that one day I will get back here. I miss the bliss and peacefulness of Anastasis Apartments."

• Travel date: 11th June 2005

Hotels near Anastasis Apartments

Top traveller tips for Anastasis Apartments

• by Judgerick

"Make your sty as long as you cn ."

Anastasis Apartments is also called

• anastasis apartments imerovigli
  • anastasis apartments hotel imerovigli