Infinity Suites - Dana Villas & Suites

Good

We had a fantastic holiday at Dana Villa...

Reviewed Thu 2nd of August 2007

"We had a fantastic holiday at Dana Villas in Firastefani, Santorini. The accommodation was superb, the view from every terrace incredible, with excellent breakfasts and very helpful staff. We spent a very lazy holiday as we have visited Santorini before, staying in Perissa.

Our days were spent lounging by the pool, looking out to sea, watching the cruise ships come and go. I would highly recommend a trip to Acrotiri, an amazing place, followed by a trip to the capital Fira to visit the Museum. Fira is the most beautiful capital; it needs to be seen to believe. This wonderful experience has spoilt us for future holidays as I do not believe we will ever again have such a perfect view of the sea. We will have to go back!"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of August 2007

My wife and I stayed with Dana Villas Fe...

Reviewed Mon 8th of May 2006

"My wife and I stayed with Dana Villas Feb. 22 - 24, 2006. Aegean Air canceled our flight. Dana Villas let us remain the day at their hotel for free, since we had to take the Ferry boat to Athens at 10 PM. They also scheduled a "fast" taxi to pick us up at the ferry and deliver us to the Athens airport. This was incredible service! Plus, they answered all of our questions, and put our worries to rest.

All this, plus an incredible hotel, incredible views, great location at a good price, and good food! What more could you ask for!?!

They do have lots of steps, but hey! That's Santorini! Expect it.
I did want to say how much we appreciated their help, setting everything up for us, and letting us hang at Dana Villas all day. They have a wonderful place. I hope we can return someday for another visit.

I highly recommend Dana Villas! 5 starss from us!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of May 2006

Like a dream

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"My hudband and I spent 3 nights at the Dana Villas this March. Studio #110 exceeded our expectations and is by far the most charming place we have ever stayed. The room was tastefully decorated and of comfortable size although the shower ran out of hot water every morning. The best part of our stay was having a private veranda with an incredible view of the sea and the other towns along the caldera. This little haven allowed us to feel we had the entire island to ourselves. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a fruit basket and a bottle of wine which we enjoyed while watching a breathtaking sunset. It is conveniently located just a short walk from the main town of Fira (close enough to be convenient, far enough to be quiet). The people at reception can take care of all your needs and answer your questions about the island. I would recommend the Dana Villas to anyone staying on Santorini! If you have questions, feel free to contact me."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of April 2006

Amazing, even in winter

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"You cannot beat these villas. The view is phenomenal and the suite is very delux. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone as it is an amazing value.

We stayed at Dana Villas in December. We were concerned as much of what we had read indicated that the islands close down in winter. This is not the case. While some restaurants/shops are unavailible we found winter to be a perfect time to visit. Everyone was very friendly and nothing was crowded. Everyone has time to stop and talk, whereas in the summer they tell us things are much crazier.

The villas are paradise, with a huge breakfast delivered to your door on a silver platter every morning. You will not believe your eyes when you see the view from your porch. We enjoyed feeding the cats as well using the cat plate provided by the management.

This is the best place I have ever stayed - and we just finished a 6 country tour.

There are plenty of stairs leading down to the villas, but trust me, with the amount of food we ate- we needed those stairs.

Try it and see. You will not be disappointed."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of December 2005

Loved Dana Villas, but there are those steps!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I stayed four nights at the Dana Villas in October, along with my partner and a friend. We all loved the place, the views are fantastic, the staff is very friendly and helpful, but there ARE those steps. You basically cannot get around Fira and Firastefani without going up and down hundreds of steps (no exaggeration), and part of what makes Dana Villas so great, and gives them such a great view, is that they are at the bottom of the steps. The rooms we had were great (comfortable, clean, spacious), with kitchens and a terrace with lounge chairs. Fortunately, if what you want is to relax and enjoy a fantastic view, you don't have to leave. However, you still have to go up and down to get to the pool, restaurant (which is so-so), etc.

We still loved it, and we would go again, but if you have any problems with steps, it would be better to find another place."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

Chilled at Dana

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We have just returned from a two week stay in Santorini. We spent the first week at Dana Villas where we got married. We held the Wedding Reception on the lower terrace overlooking the Caldera with 12 of our friends where the staff prepared a superb greek feast. The Honeymoon Suite (129) was absolutely superb with a wonderful jacuzzi bath. Our family and friends also stayed at Dana, and experienced a similarly wonderful time. The staff are very friendly and helpful- special mention must go to Demetris the hotel manager who organised the wedding and who was most helpful (and calm) during the whole process; we would like to consider him as a friend now.

We will certainly be considering a return to Dana at anniversary time and would commend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of September 2005

Awesome hotel, great service...almost

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"The Dana Villas made what started out as a bad trip into a great trip. We had been bumped from the Pegasus Suites hotel due to them being overbooked (see my review of the Pegasus Suites hotel).

The Dana Villas is a nice hotel, especially if you have the honeymoon suites as we did. Excellent views, great front-desk service, and good housekeeping.

The other exception to their service is that they are understaffed so everytime we called about room service, we were told it was not possible but that we could come pick up the food ourselves. As you can see from the other reviews, there are a lot of steps to reach and to walk around the Dana Villas. To go to the restaurant to pick up what should be delivered would be horrible (as there are approximately 100-150 steps down to the restaurant from the higher rooms).

We ate breakfast and one dinner at the restaurant and both were pretty good (breakfast was included in the rate).

Overall, a nice hotel with clean rooms and pretty-good service. After our experience at the Pegasus Suites, the Dana Villas seemed like heaven, just be ready for some steps."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of August 2005

Dana Villas was Beautiful

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"My husband and I spent 3 night at Dana Villas as part of our Honeymoon in August. We can't say enough about how happy we were with this hotel. The staff was so willing to help and did everything that they could to make our stay in Dana Villas and Santorini all together as best as it could be. I realize that other reviews have complained about the number of stairs, yes there can be a lot depending on where your suite is, but COME ON, You are staying on the side of a cliff, what do you expect????? So I would urge to ignore all reviews that complain about the steps, however, if you are not in the best of shape, you may want to consider not staying anywhere on the Caldera. Steps are just a fact of life on the Caldera. There is an excellent Italian Restaurant just down from the hotel called Il Cantuccio.

The jacuzzi and pool of Dana Villas are beautiful whith of course uninterrupted views of the sunset and the volcano. I did not eat at the hotel so i cannot comment on the food. The hotel was very clean, was beautifully decorated and had a very nice and helpful staff. The hotel is in a town called Firostefani which is not the main town (Fira), but it is just a short walk (10 minutes) from all the action. We rented a 4-wheeler and drove that into town each day, the hotel helped us rent it.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Santorini."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2005

Highly Recommended...

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Having spent a week at Dana Villas I can't but highly recommend this complex, and compliment the staff on their work. True the steps can be taken as a major fault - but considering my partner and I came on the holiday as a recharge to our hectic lives, we were quite happy to spend most of the time in the pool...or in the jacuzzi...or on the relaxing on our terrace - you get the point!
We stayed at villa 127, which is one of the villas on the pool (lowest) level. We couldn't believe our luck to have the pool right on our door steps! Needless to say many an afternnon was spent relaxing with drinks supplied by the ever-attentive staff.On the few occassions we did venture out of the complex we found that the steps (yes there is 200 odd of them!) could be broken into stages, we didn't have to take them all in one go.
While the villa was spotless and surpassed our expectations, the only downside ws that the food in the complex restaurant at night could be a bit hit & miss, and didn't have much in the way of Greek examples of food. A much better choice was the restaurant 'Vanilla' which is practically next door.
All in all an excellent choice for a relaxing holiday, with amazing views and impecable lodging this is a place we will be coming back to-but do take the steps into consideration!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2005

View of A Life Time At Dana Villas

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"We just returned from a wonderful stay at Dana Villas. I have seen beautiful sunsets from Hawaii and all over California, but the view from the pool deck while having a cocktail and watching the sun set over the Agean Sea with the mist hovering over the mountains was one that can never be topped! The rooms which are all suites are simple, but give you a feeling of a Greek home. All have private patios with the goreous views and the staff is very helpful. The small pool deck restaurant is a lovely place to start your day with breakfast which is included, and we arranged to have a private dinner for the nine of us traveling together our last evening. They closed the restaurant to the public and seved only us as we enjoyed our last sunset and a fantastic dinner. What marvelous hosts the two chefs/servers were. The only warning I might have is that this is not the place to stay for elderly people or anyone who has any physical limitations, as there are 196 steps(we counted them!) from the the street to the pool deck and all of the rooms are located somewhere in between. It is a real workout, but it keeps you in shape! The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the main town of Fira where all of the night life is. It is a beautiful walk on a cobblestone path along the edge of the caldron overlooking the ocean. A great place to stay in Santorini. I can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of July 2005

great hotel

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"Just got back from 6 days in Santorini at the Dana Villas. We stayed in room 120 and agree that it is the best of the studios. The views are unbelievable from the room as well as from the private balcony. Also, in room 120 nobody cuts across your balcony to get to anywhere else. The staff was very helpful in arranging for taxis and making restaurant recommendations (Katina in Amoudi was the best). The breakfast was also good but it is best to arrive on the earlier side since tables are somewhat limited and fill up around 10:00.

Yes, there are a lot of steps but look at it as your exercise for the vacation. The walk into Fira along the clifftop is actually a pleasure. Also, the hotel is far enough removed from the main town of Fira so that you don't feel crammed into a tourist trap.

We definitely plan to go back to Santorini and would have no problem staying at the Dana Villas again."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of June 2005

Spectacular!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Room 120 is definitely the one to ask for - no one can walk past or through your front porch. You have your own private balcony with lounge chairs. Spacious room with some cooking facilities. There is ALOT of STAIRS. There are more expensive rooms, we paid AUD $380 per night in May 2005. Shower is small, bathroom is a bit small. Excellent breakfats by the pool. We found May a little cool."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of June 2005