SUPERIOR ROOM

Good

Place would be paridise if not for bad managment

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"I stayed here for 3-4 days and would suggest that the place would improve with getting rid of Maria the hot tempered receptionist who yelled and screamed at other guests in English and then switched to her native language to bad mouth her guests. I liked the view, the pool was nice and the hotel is far away from the rest of the action. I'd like to return for another stay but not with this crazy person running the desk. Its just poor taste to "

• Travel date: 11th October 2012

Simply Stunning

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Oh my goodness Caldera's Lilium way exceeded our high expectations. The staff are warm and helpful, particularly the barman Chris - extremely polite too. The food is top class, if a little pricey (definatley not good for budget travellers, perfect for honeymooners like us!). The rooms were spotless and airy, ours had the most spectacular view of the famous Caldera sunset each night. We walked into Fira a few times, takes about 20-25 mins (wear a hat, it's hot!!), but the hotel provided a free shuttle bus at various times of the day. Overall, absolutely brilliant, couldn't have wanted a more perfect setting for our honeymoon!!"

• Travel date: 9th August 2006

well, the view is nice, but then...???

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"as we say, really nice view both from the pool as well as the room. nice room as well. to tell you the truth, this is about all that can be said about this hotel. staff at the reception was basically non-existant. restaurant was ok but not more than that. no transfer from the port or into town. this would all be ok but to tell you the truth for the price we paid we would have expected something more...at least towels at the pool!! So, Santorini seems overpriced to us and this hotel stays exactly in the same line. Will not go back. ah, forgot to say, do not drink the hospitaity wine you find in the room, it is just awful."

• Travel date: 26th July 2006

The best time in Santorini

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"The best view for a sunset in Santorini, great staff very friendly, good food. I had the best time at this excellent resort. i fully recommend this great hotel on the edge of the caldera. the good services and the view from this hotel made my stay there worth the trip. Best regards to everyone at Caldera's Lilium you are doing a great job."

• Travel date: 21st July 2006

Great!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"We stayed at this property for 3 nights as part of a package we purchased through [--------]. The property is located about 2km outside of the main town of Fira and approximately 3 to 4 km from the airport. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you into town for slightly less than a taxi. The main road has a nice sidewalk and we made the walk several times into town and back and found that it wasn't too taxing. The best part about the location of this property was the view -- spectacular views from your room, the pool and the hotel to the sea. We had a one-bedroom apartment that had a large living/dining/kitchen area, bedroom and one bathroom. The room was decorated in typical Greek fashion -- tile on the floor, simple furniture and decorations. The room was very clean upon arrival and remained that way throughout our stay. The negatives -- the bathroom was not directly off the bedroom and the bed was a bit hard. The pool area is great -- awesome views. The property does catch a lot of wind, however, that is not necessairly a bad thing when its 85 degrees out. The restuarant served good food, however the dinner service was a bit slow. Breakfast was included in our stay and was very nice. We highly recommend renting a moped during your stay. The hotel staff recommended a great place in town that picked up up and returned us to our hotel. I think we payed around 15 euro/day. You should definitely go to the "traditional" towns, beaches, and of course, see the Oia sunset, which truly is spectacular. We found the staff to be very helpful. We would definitely return to this property if on Santorini again."

• Travel date: 8th June 2006

Great views

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"I stayed here in the last week of September 2005 with a few members of my family (we were there for my brother's wedding). The best thing about this hotel is the view. The apartments are cut into the side of a cliff and overlook the Caldera, so the views are stunning. The apartments themselves are of an excellent standard, but make sure you don't get one of the rooms near the main road - it can get very noisy. I also thought the staff were brilliant - very helpful, and as it was the end of season we managed to get a really good rate. Calderas Lilium is situated a couple of miles from the main town and I would recommend you hire a car (or be prepared to use lots of taxis), however I thought the location was excellent (out of town so no loud drunken revellers, but close enough to Fira to get to restaurants and bars). The only negative was that it does get very sleepy after dark (the bar closed by 9pm and the hotel only really serves bar food and doesn't do evening meals). I would stay there again without question."

• Travel date: 26th March 2006

Fantastic place for a fantastic holiday - fully recommended

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"This was our first time in Santorini and did not know what to expect. It was late at night when we arrived and could not see much BUT as day broke we realised taht we had stumpled onto a precious gem. This has to be one of the best places to stay and I am looking forward to returning"

• Travel date: 28th September 2005

Besst vacation

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We stayed at the Caldera Lilium Villas for 3 days (August 6-9th, 2005). It is located on the caldera, on the main road but it is quiet. It is located in the middle of the island so we used part of the first day to go visit one end (up to Oia) and the next to visit the other (all the way to Akrotiri). We rented a car in order to see the island. Without transportation you cannot get the full experience of the island. The accommodations at this hotel were excellent. The hotel was clean and modern. It was exactly as the pictures posted on the website. There were no surprises. In Santorini you definitely must rent a car or scooter if you want to visit the island so the location of this hotel is great. The taxis are expensive and it is worth every penny to rent a car. Shop around for prices. The view is spectacular!!! You can even experience the sunset from the balcony of this hotel!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel than any other in Santorini."

• Travel date: 26th August 2005

Stunning views

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"This hotel has some of the most breathtaking views on the island. Absolutely stunning. The accommodation is lovely, spacious air conditioned rooms, clean, and typically Greek, and most rooms/suites have balconies with a Caldera view. The beauty of this hotel, unlike many in Santorini, is that the hotel is not overlooked, so you have reasonable privacy. The location is on the main road into the capital, and can be busy at times, but there are only a couple of rooms facing the main road. The hotel is out of town, so be prepared to either take the 20-25 minute walk into town or spend about 5/6 euros on a cab, or during the day, there is a bus which will take you into the capital for 1 euro. There is also a car hire place right across the road. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The pool area is nice and even though the hotel was full when we were there, you can usually manage to find a lounger. There is also a jaccuzi with stunning views over the Caldera. Beautiful place."

• Travel date: 9th July 2005

Most certainly not a 4-Star property..........

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"I recently visited Santorini and stayed at Caldera's Lilium Villas. The only thing this property has going for it is the view. The location is terrible; remote in an odd sort of way, and located on what would be most comparable to a heavily travelled interstate in the States. We listened to cars drive by at 80+ mph every day. It is also a $6 cab ride to town each way. The first night we spent there it was a bit windy; there was some sort of rattling building noise that kept us all most of the night. When mentioned to Maria the next day at the front desk she quite rudely told us that we could go stay some where else that she said would be much worse. In addition to a total lack of hospitality at this property, (even for April, the off season) the rooms themselves were entirely lacking in amenity and overall comfort. The bed was essentially a futon, a single elevated matress with the worst pillows I've ever had. The sheets did not appear to be clean either. When I asked Maria (front office clerk) about these issues she again told me I could go someplace else. Don't bother asking for a box of tissue either; all rooms were given a roll of toilet paper. The property also appears to have some major structural plumbing problems as well. The people in the room next to me listened to water run inside their walls the duration of their stay. The snack bar was not open during our vist. The pool area was dingy. All in all I would not ever stay at this hotel nor would I recommend it."

• Travel date: 1st May 2005

loved calderas lilium

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"i went to greece a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the caldera lilium hotel, although the weather was not cooperating, the staff at the caldera lilium hotel made our stay in santorini a very pleasant one. we were warmly welcomed by maria, who made all of our request come true. from a bigger room to a car rental. there was no problem she could not solved. however, if you want to stay in town, this is not the place because is about 5 minutes away and in a busy street, but if you do not mind the drive or walk i recommend."

• Travel date: 15th June 2004