Premier Jacuzzi Suite

Good

Heaven in Heaven

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"This place is a little more expensive than our usual standard, but we got a lot more value for money than we ever expected. The units were spotless and the staff were the most friendly and obliging we have ever experienced in many years of travelling. The ambience and quality of our apartment only added to the spectacular views and the sense of belonging we felt whilst we were in Santorini. With our friends, we had a most enjoyable session of drinks in the jacuzzi at 5 o'clock each afternoon until sunset...a great way to wrap up wonderful days and prepare for magical nights. The most positive compliment we can pay Enigma Apartments is to say a very sincere thank-you and confirm that it is now one of our fondest dreams to return to Santorini and the Enigma Apartments."

• Travel date: 9th June 2006

Unforgetable vacations

Good
Reviewed 12th October 2012

"Me and my sister went to Enigma Apartments in mid-April for 5 days. Antonis at the reception had arranged apartment #3 for us. When we arrived Chris welcomed us and told us some infos about the island and after that she showed us our room. First thing you see is the jacuzzi, which was placed on our very own balcony. The room was very spacious and had 2 levels. There was a loft with a double comfortable bed. The rest of the apartment is equiped with a build sofa, an LCD tv, a kitchennette and a beatyful bathroom. The amazing thing was that the shower was curved in th earth. As we arrived we left our things in the room and got imidiately into the already warm jacuzzi together with 2 glases of white wine (one bottle of wine is in the refrigerator when you arrive as a welcome offer!). We had breakfast brought to our balcony by Roman, who was amazingly helpful and kind. One morning we had our breakfast on the terrace of the hotel at the beautyful "Enigma cafe". Behind the bar of the cafe was the most beautiful bartender we had ever seen. You really have to see him to understand what I mean (his name is Dimitris!). At the reception everyone helped us out and gave us tips like where to have dinner and what we had to do to enjoy our holidays! The view was spectacular, you can see the volcano right in front of you!!! On our last day we asked for another bottle of wine, which they offered us politely. We had a wonderful time and would love to visit Santorini and Enigma again! Make sure you won't miss the volcano-tour with a wonderful boat called "Thalassa", which means "sea" as Chris explained us. Ask for it at the reception!"

• Travel date: 26th May 2006

Turn Your Visit Into a Dream Come True in Santorini

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"I had high hopes as I set off for the picturesque island of Santorini in early May, but what I experienced, thanks to my new friends at Enigma Apartments, was so much more than I had imagined. From the moment we arrived, we were met with warm, sincere hospitality, starting with our taxi driver that the hotel arranged for us to the bellman who met us at the start of Gold Street down from the hotel. We then met Kris at the reception who had been invaluable by email as we planned our trip. She cheerfully showed us more than one apartment to make sure we were happy with the one she had chosen for us. Our apartment was charming and spacious with a breathtaking view. A perfect imitation of a typcial Santorini home. The pictures I took from our balcony rival any postcard. The hotel and cafe are beautiful and emaculately kept. To spoil us completely, a delicious breakfast was delivered to our room every morning by Roman, who always took a few minutes to answer questions about our previous day's explorations and help set us off for a new adventure. The location could not be more perfect. The best of Fira is right outside the door while the views of the caldera are magnificant!! There is no better place to watch the sunset than on the patio at the Enigma Cafe - and we went as far as Oia only to realize we had the perfect spot right "at home". Perhaps the people at the Enigma were able to make us feel so at home was because it is a family-owned business. Antonis was always available to spend time to tell us the history of the island or do anything to make our stay more memorable. He was the most gracious host, making us feel as if we were a guest in his own home. If you are going to Santorini and you are lucky enough to get one of the 8 pristine Enigma apartments, or even just a visit to the Enigma Cafe, consider your trip one step closer to a little bit of heaven on earth."

• Travel date: 13th May 2006

The best in Santorini

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"We just returned from 4 days at the Enigma in Santorini, which was not nearly enough time, and know that we were in the best location on the island. The view from our darling apartment was the most beautiful anywhere! The staff was friendly, helpful and informative. We had breakfast brought to our room every morning whenever we wanted it-no having to get dressed and go to a breakfast room, just having breakfast and watching the ships come in, You walk out the door and there are shops and restaurants right there. I am a travel agent and would definitely recommend the Enigma. I hope to return some day"

• Travel date: 10th May 2006

Loved Enigma - so romantic

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"We stayed at the Enigma in Santorini summer last year - I am a travel agent and have seen many a hotel but this is something different. I only just had the chance to review it! Very boutique and very sweet, the bed was perched up and the windows opened half way so you can open the top half of the windows and door to see the view and what a view! It was very sweet, very intimate and there was the cafe upstairs makes beautiful fresh orange juice and coffee and eggs of your choice! I thoroughly recommend it. The only thing it is missing is a pool."

• Travel date: 26th March 2006

Absolutely Fabulous

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"I had the good fortune to stay at the Enigma Apartments for 4 nights in September. We arrived late at night and our bags were carried down to our apartment which was not an easy feat as like most of the apartments in Santorini it is on the cliff. Our apartment on the first night was very traditional and cave-like which is what we expected. It was very spacious with a kitchen and complimentary wine which was a real treat on our first night. The view was amazing. The next morning we had the good fortune to meet Heidi who could not do enough for us. She helped us plan out our four days in Santorini. Heidi was very good at planning this and she assisted us with making the most of our time. The last three nights we had two couples joining us from Australia . Their apartment was also very good and Heidi kindly moved us up next to them and we shared the balconies. The breakfasts were nice and on the last morning we had breakfast on our balconies looking again at our fabulous views. We all had extremly heavy suitcases on the last day at the young man that worked there carried them all up the very steep steps for us. Again I would recommend this property to anyone and we found Heidi to be extremely courteous, helpful and professional at all times. Thanks again Heidi and the Enigma we all had a great time. I am absolutely amazed at the comments made by "the honeymooners" as our experience was wonderful. We will definitely go there again Jan and Grant Conway. Sydney Australia"

• Travel date: 3rd November 2005

Loved Enigma Apartments !!

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"We were so happy with Enigma and the staff, we will not only return to Santorini, but will stay in Apt. #8. Upon our arrival, a free bottle of Santorini wine was waiting for us in our Apt. We had a private jacuzzi suite with an amazing view. The jacuzzi was on the balcony overlooking the caldera where we relaxed with a glass of wine watching the beautiful sunset - heaven !! All of the staff at Enigma were wonderful. We had no problems checking in or out (the staff helped w/ our bags in both instances). We had none of the problems w/ our room that other previous reviews have complained of. The TV got CNN and BBC, which is more English channels than most European TV - but who wants to watch TV anyway, especially in such a beautiful place. The breakfast at the upstairs cafe was wonderful: breads, mini croissants, jams, veggies, cheese, meat, hard boiled egg, coffee, oj - a very full meal !! The staff suggested a boat trip to the volcanic island area where we hiked up to the craters & then went to a hot springs. It then sailed to Oia where we watched the sunset w/ wine & Greek appetizers. The staff also helped us arrange for a car rental where the car was delivered directly to us at the hotel. The room was very quiet and peaceful. I slept well and the bed was comfortable. We slept in the bed in the cave portion of the room - it was very dark. The ceilings are a bit low due to the style of the rooms, as I understand is typical in Santorini. Our room had two beds, each in a loft area - the balcony was off of the front loft. We couldn't get our wake up call feature to work, but we weren't sure if it was broken or we were doing it wrong. Every so often, donkeys would pass by the path in front of our apartment - it was a very fun and unique experience. The staff was courteous and friendly - we will definitely return."

• Travel date: 11th October 2005

Great View, but an "ok" room

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"We were a group of 3 girls that stayed at the Enigma Apts in August for 3 nights. I had researched Santorini's hotels prior to going and this one had high reviews and great compliments on tripadvisor. We stayed in Rm #1 which had a FANTASTIC view of the Aegean Sea and the volcano. The sunsets were amazing. The room itself wasn't impressive at all. Maybe it was just our room. We had ants everywhere in the kitchen and bathroom area. The tile was still very dirty. Quite honestly, we weren't being picky at all, it just wasn't clean for a 4 star hotel. We told the front desk and the housekeeper came back in to mop and then sprayed the ants. The breakfast upstairs was good. Coffee was tasty. The morning we checked out (7am), no one was available to check us out or help us with luggage. There is a steep staircase outside from the entry down to the rooms. Must be careful. Overall, the stay was an enjoyable one. After all we were in Santorini. However, I would venture out to say that I'd look for another place when I come back to Santorini in the near future."

• Travel date: 3rd October 2005

AMAZING

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"Just came back from my 5 days holiday in enigma apartments and stayed in apt 2, Normally I do not write reviews, but I read them, there must be something wrong with the honeymoon couble, HEIDI IS A VERY KIND AND HELBFULL LADY you can read that in the previous reviews, all was perfect, the service and of course the vieW. tHIS ARE A-CLASS apartments. P.S. I did read the notice from them about Hotel Atlantis too, I stayed there too before, they must confuse something room no 25 is a village view room I highly recommend to everyone to stay in Enigma Apartments"

• Travel date: 15th September 2005

Horrible! Please View Our Pictures Before You Book This Hotel!!!

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"When we were planning our honeymoon to Santorini, we did a search for hotels and read the good reviews on Enigma. We then checked out their website and liked what we saw. After exchanging a few emails with Heidi, we booked our stay. We booked the stay based on the beautiful pictures on their website. They look beautiful, don't they? Well, imagine our surprise when we arrived to find that the apartment was TINY, we did not have a bed (it was a mattress 4 feet up on a cement slab), the bathroom smelled like sewage, the phone didn't work and neither did the TV. (Heidi assured us that none of the TVs were working on the island, but miraculously all of the other hotels we checked had a perfect signal). Net-net, their website completely misrepresents their hotel. All of the pictures are of their best room. Since they only have 8 rooms, they could easily show pictures of all of them, or certainly a representative sample. Another gripe - Heidi told me that we could sunbathe on our balcony. Our balcony was tiny and barely fit two small chairs (not lounge chairs - regular chairs). Two minutes after seeing the room, we knew that we did not want our honeymoon memories to involve this cave so we called up to reception. Everyone had already left so we had no choice but to stay the night. (They give you keys to "your" apartment - there's not a regular check-in desk.) Granted, it was late at night but I would have hoped that someone would have stuck around for at least 15 minutes to make sure we settled in OK. The next morning, we expressed our concerns about the room. Heidi's first response to our comment about the stench coming from the bathroom was "I don't see how that could be." There was no effort to help or appease us. She did say she would contact the owner but she left after her shift and did not pass along the message to the next person (Gabriel, who was actually wonderful by the way). The owner asked for 2 hours to fix the bathroom smell. In the meantime, my husband asked Heidi to come in to look at the TV, to which she replied "I don't have time." Anyhow, the two hours passed and we actually came back after 4 hours and the bathroom still smelled - like sewage and bleach. They had cleaned the toilet and moved a bucket over the drain from where the smell was emanating. Net-net, they fixed nothing and just tried to cover it up. It didn't work. What was also frustrating is that my email exchanges with Heidi explicitly stated that we were going on our honeymoon and specifically asked about the bed. She could have mentioned that my husband would barely be able to sit up in bed without bumping his head and that we would have to worry about falling onto the brick floor in the middle of the night. So how did it turn out you ask? We left. The owner charged us for 3 nights, 2 of which we're fighting. Luckily, during the 4 hours we had been checking out other hotels and found the GEM on the island - The Atlantis Hotel. Amazing! Better, more panormaic views, high ceilings, wonderful staff - more on them in their separate review... Bottom-line: I'm not saying that nobody would be happy staying there - especially if you booked the best room - but do make sure you have them send you pictures of the room you're booking. It's a lot of money and we found comparable rooms for less money and a far superior room for only 8 Euros more at the Atlantis. Keep in mind that the pictures you're looking at from us are for the standard apartment - NOT the cheapest room you can book."

• Travel date: 9th September 2005