Good

Can't Wait to Go Back!

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Our visit to Volcano View Villas (5/23 - 5/30) was great. The Villas are rated 5-star and according to US standards I would rate the interior as 4-star but the view and service 5+.

We stayed in the Aphrodite Villa. The villa is very clean with maid service 3 times a day. All the furnishings are new but a little sparse for a 5-star accomodation. A rug, a few accent colors on the walls and a few more pictures would change my rating of the interior. However, the showers are great and so are the bathrobes and shower products provided by the Villa.

The service couldn't have been better. Nikos the hotel manager was extremely accomodating. Upon our arrival he provided an overview of the area, sites to see and restaurants we should try. He didn't steer us wrong. And each day he'd check in with us to see how we were doing and if we needed anything. By the end of our trip he felt like a friend we had known a long time.

All our meals were fantastic -- except the Risotta I had at the hotel on Greek night. My friends had great meals that night so I think I simply ordered the wrong item. It happens. If you go, try the pork special and make sure you go to Greek night at the hotel restaurant.

Each morning our breakfast was delivered by Kostos. A really funny guy who always started our day with a smile. We'd call for breakfast and Kostos would arrive within minutes. We had the choice of having breakfast served inside or outside at one of three seating areas. He set the table each day with fresh linens and tableware and served us fresh coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, croissants, fruit/vegatables and luncheon meats. After serving our breakfast appetizer he'd take our order for breakfast. I recommend the egg white omelette with feta cheese!

The sunsets are spectacular and if you go don't miss a trip up to the Santo Winery. The sunset view is even better. You can get a 6-sampler of wine served with cheese and tomato paste. The tomato paste is so good we shipped home two jars.

Our advice is to rent a car. It's inexpensive and it gave us the freedom to explore the island. The Villas and Hotel are about 2 miles outside of Fira. There is a shuttle service but having a car allowed us to come and go as we please.

The Villas are significantly more expensive than a room in the hotel but it was worth the price difference. We recommend the Villas and can't wait until we can return. We hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of June 2007

Wonderful view and staff

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We were on a transatlantic cruise that ended in Athens. After 2 days we decided to try to go to Santorini. Our hotel made arrangements for us at the Volcano View where some of the other passangers on the cruise were staying. After a LONG ferry ride (almost 9 hours) Take the hydro foil jet boat or fly..we were at the terribly busy port of Santorini. There, like an angel, was Nick from Volcano View holding his sign. He quickly grabbed my bag and helped us with ours and all the other people's luggage. When we arrived at the hotel we were So impressed. The hotel was beautiful. The view was spectacular, and the room was quite nice. If you go to Santorini be prepared to walk ALOT of steps everywhere you go.( If this is a problem do not go there) Alex at the front desk was extreamly helpful in arranging for us to stay an extra day and arranging for us to fly out instead of taking the ferry back to Athens 4 days later. The breakfast that was included was huge and all the food was fresh and hot. The staff was extreamly attentive. we ate dinner there one night and the food was excellent. There is a free shuttle running to the port, airport and into town every day at all different hours . We used it alot. We also rented a car for a day and drove the whole island and went to Oia. There is alot to see. The car was rented right from the hotel. The staff made everything very easy and were more helpful than anywhere else we have been and we have traveled the world! Please do not miss an opportunity to visit this wonderful place! I know we will be back!!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007

The Villas-Magical!

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"My husband and I stayed at one of the villas (Artemis) for a special occasion. Yes, the villas are expensive, and I almost cancelled my reservation a few times for this very reason. I didn't, however, and it proved to be one of the best decisions I have ever made.
In the day, my husband and I swam in our own private pool and took in the amazing view of the caldera. At night, we soaked in the jacuzzi tub. Each morning, a huge breakfast was served to us outside at our table by the pool.
Our villa was private and romantic, and we received VIP treatment all the way. Nikko, the manager of the villas, made sure our every desire was met. I will remember Nikko and my villa forever, and I hope one day I will be able to return. If you want to have a memorable stay in Santorini, stay at The Volcano View Villas!
I posted a few pictures- see for yourself how magical it is.
P.S.- the hotel offers a free shuttle into Fira, but you can also take a taxi for 5 Euros and be there in a few minutes."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

The Villas - Amazing!!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"My friend and I recently did a 10 day trip to Greece. After a fabulous stay in Mykonos, we had high hopes for the Volcano View Hotel in Santorini. Upon checking into our room however we were extremely disappointed. It was located right off the highway, the furnishings were modest, if not slightly dumpy, the bathroom was tiny, and it smelled old and dingy. Before calling our travel agent for an immediate hotel change, we asked the front desk for any upgrades. Luckily, there was a villa available next door that we could upgrade into. Night and day! The villa's are all very new, very modern (but still European in their quarkiness) and they all have private pools! The view was stunning, the staff was incredible - the most helpful and friendly of any hotel I have ever stayed at. All together they made our trip one of the most memorable experiences ever. I'd give the villa's 10 stars if I could. But, the hotel it is associated with, a 2, at best. For those of you deciding on a place to stay, be sure not to confuse the "villa's" with the "hotel"."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

This place was a piece of heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Where do I begin, this hotel has to be one of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed in. Me and my husband were in Athens for two weeks on bussiness, we decided to visit an island for just 2 days, we picked Santorini and the Valcano View hotel from an add we saw on the computer. When we reached the island of Santorini I could not believe my eyes how beautiful it acutually is. When we arrived at our hotel I was speechless, the beauty of it all was overwhelming. The staff is so courtious, Niko and Costa are the nicest people you will ever meet they made our stay at the Valcano View unforgetable. They are both so friendly and good hearted you feel like you know them for years. We stayed in the Artemis Villa we had our own pool, breathtaking views from our balcony that will stay in my thoughts forever. Our villa was very spacious and clean. The hotel is impecably clean, and neat. The views are incredible from any spot you are standing. It is so peaceful and romantic. We recommend you to visit this hotel when you are in Santorini. Overall I have to say that our stay at the Valcano View was unforgetable and I am definetly going back. What more can I say it was paradise. Chrissy & Chris,New York"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

Great Location!!

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"This was our second time to Santorini but our first time staying at the Volcano Views Hotel & Villas. It is probably the best location on the island. It is only 5 minutes by hotel shuttle to Fira so you are close to the action but it feels like you are worlds away.

The hotel is incredibly picturesque and the views are absolutely spectacular!! If you are used to pillowtop mattresses, the beds are probably going to be a little hard and the rooms are small and simple but that seems to be the norm in Santorini. You really won't find a better location than this and we absolutely love Bobby the bellman.

Make sure you rent a car (not a motorbike, its too windy) and see the rest of the island. Its small so it doesn't take that long but the beaches and beach towns are really quaint and pretty. Also, if you have time Mykonos is worth a visit.

Santorini makes you feel like you have stepped back to ancient times and is so peaceful. It is unlike any other place I have ever been."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of March 2006

Spectacular!

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"We traveled to Greece in September and spent 5 days in Santorini at the Volcano View Hotel & Villas, in the Sapphire Villa. Everything was spectacular - the views from the villa, the accommodations, and the service, especially from Nick, the Manager of the Villas. He was so nice, helpful and honest. I've traveled extensively and by far, the service from Nick was the best I've ever experienced! He is a true gem! We truly felt like we made a friend...

The location of the hotel is perfect - just a 5 minute drive to Fira. We spent a fair amount of time driving around the island, but most enjoyed our time relaxing by our private pool overlooking the caldera - the trip was amazing. We will definitely go back!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of January 2006

Nikko is the BEST!!!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Like you all know already, the views from these villas are incredibly BREATHTAKING. We stayed here for 4 days and every day had a different view.

My girlfriend and I stayed in the ARTEMIS villa. It was very spacious and quite comfortable. There was more room than we had imagined.

What made our stay excellent was not just the view and the villa, but the hotel concierge manager, NIKKO. He is the most wonderful person I have ever encountered during all my travels. Nikko was very attentive, caring, honest, and just plain AWESOME!

We arrived at the Santorini Airport knowing that we didnt book transportation to the villas, so we had to hail a cab. After claiming our baggage, we walked outside the small airport, totally confused and lost as to how to get a cab (We have never been in Greece before). The next thing i know, a guy comes up to me holding a sign with my name on it, asking if it was me. It was Nikko and he voluntarily drove us to the villas. Before taking us to the villas, he even offered to take us into town to buy drinks and groceries for the self-catering villas.

I cant even begin to explain how much he did for us during our short stay. He basically was at our every beck and call. He totally bent over backwards for us. He even volunteered his personal time to give us a private full day tour of the island, at no extra charge! He even drove us into town everyday just so we could shop and eat. Not once did we have to call a taxi cab.

Nikko is a great guy. We love him and definitely miss Santorini because of him. I would go to the Volcano View Villas again, just for Nikko. It was so sad for us to leave Santorini. We really miss Nikko and the friendship we established during our short stay.

The night of our departure, he drove us to the airport and even waited with us at the gate for us to board the plane. The plane was 1.5 hours late so he ended up taking us back into town to kill some time and hang out at Lucky's Souvlakis (BTW, it is the BEST GYRO joint in the world!). We got to know him quite well and we totally miss him.

We will definitely return to Santorini again. Thanks NIKKO!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of December 2005

Great place, shame about the food

Good
Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"We, a family of two adults and two children, spent five nights in a villa overlooking the caldera in July 2005. The spacious villas are very private, set apart from the hotel and built right on the cliff so that they have uninterrupted sea views. The private pool is large and the children had a great time larking about in it. The air-conditioned villas are in good order and kitted out with high speed internet and fax machine. The technology only defeated me in the shower with its built in radio and flashing disco style lights! Niko the resident manager gets top marks from me for his passion for the business, his personal client care and his ability to fix anything and everything relating to your stay on the island. The villa complex is quiet, being well located back from the main road from Fira (the capital) to the new port. Fira is less than five minutes away and the new port (where the big ferries dock) is about ten minutes away. A regular 15 seater hotel minibus service goes to town several times a day but in peak season it was usually full and we had to wait for the second/third run or get a taxi. The breakfast was so miserable that we did not dare eat dinner and rather ate in town. I am afraid grey scrambled eggs, a few curling croissants and diluted carton juice is not the start to the day that one expects when one is paying EUR1000 a night.

Overall the resident management and the location are excellent while the space and privacy is something you cannot get anywhere else on the island. The food and the lack of some of the finer, more elite touches means that the five villa resort is not quite in the luxury category yet."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2005

Volcano View Villas - Fantastic!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I can not say enough about the villas and Niko, the manager of the villas. The villa that we got was excellent: large two bedroon/two bath (jet tubs), two story, huge patio overlooking the caldera and the port, and our own private pool. As we were there off-season, the villas did not have their normal full service - however, the care and attention given by Niko more than made up for it! Niko is a man that truly devotes himself to his clients - ensuring that all of their needs are met.

Example: My wife and I had purchased a couple of floats for the pool during a driving tour of the island. I asked Niko if someone had a compressor to fill the floats, and he said he would take care of it. When we got back to the room that day, the floats were filled and sitting next to the pool. The next day was amazingly windy and one of the floats went over the cliff! We wrote it off ;-) The next morning, the float was back next to the pool - and we discovered that Niko had climbed down the cliff (in his dress shoes) and recovered it - and we had never even mentioned it to him! Niko was always at work before we got up in the morning, and never left until late at night.

As for the location: It was perfect! It was a VERY short ride (5 minutes) into Fira either via the free shuttle, or by taxi (inexpensive). The views from the hotel and villas were amazing (I can not think of a better view from any room I have ever stayed at).

The food was good. The wait staff was attentive. And the clerks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

I would (and have) recommended the Volcano View to anyone planning to stay on Santorini."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2005