About Grecotel Mykonos Blu Hotel

• shuttle bus service
  • rooftop terrace
  • hot tub
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • babysitting
  • infinity pool
  • tv channel one russia
  • butler service

No Hot Water

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We had been recommended this hotel by a friend who had stayed here twice so were expecting great things. However, much to our disappointment the hotel certainly did not meet up to our expectations.
Although the staff were perfectly pleasant they seemed to show no recognition even after having been there for a week and they certainly had no warmth.
The hotel room was poor, the decor was extremely basic and the room felt damp. The worst problem was the erratic hot water - most of the time there was none which is appalling for such an expensive hotel.
All in all, I would not recommend this hotel, there were hotels round the corner which were not so expensive offering exactly the same facilities and better service. i would go to one of those instead."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2007

Just Perfect!!!

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Mykonos Blu Hotel for 10nights at the beginning of July and loved it! Perfect location on a beautiful beach with easy access to mykonos town.The hotel beach is nice and quiet and less windy than the other ones
The location of the hotel is absolutely picture perfect.

Staff were always attentive but discreet, almost to the point of not knowing they were there. Always smiling and helpful and we certainly asked a lot of questions about the island and what we could do etc.The front desk staff spoke great English and were knowledgable about things to do.

Breakfast is great with a big and varied choice, there's something for every taste! And it's even better on the veranda, with the view ahead!
We dined at the hotel on the last night, and everything was tasty and delisious.

The room service is excellent: they knew it was my birthday and right after our arrival they delivered a chocolate cake and a bottle of champagne at my surprise!!!

We can only recommend this hotel, as we really had a great time and could relax completely. The setting is exceptional and the service is perfect , we would go back anytime!The hotel is marvellous!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006

Buyer Beware

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I usually do all the hotel bookings myself, but in this case, because we were in a rush, I asked for help from a travel agent. Never again.

This hotel is definitely not worth the money. The facilties are very nice, and for awhile you can be forgiven for thinking that you'll get a room to match, but that's just not the case.

The rooms are pretty small, with very hard beds, and few luxury features other than decent air conditioning, which should be a given at these prices.

Our room had a small terrace with a sideview of the water. We could have upgraded for another $100 for a full view of the water, but I had heard that the rooms themselves are all the same. And we were already paying over $600 per night!

Aside from the room grievance, I don't see how the hotel justifies calling itself "close to town." It's a 10-minute drive if you have a car, and if you can find parking once you get to town, but don't count on getting a taxi. There are only 25 taxis on the entire island of Myknonos, and you may be half-way back to wherever you live before you find one.

The taxi situation definitely puts a crimp into evening plans of any kind. Even if you can get one of the very few cabs TO town, you may not be able to get one back. The hotel says that if its driver is available, he will come to pick you up in Myknonos, but when we called one night, he had gone home.

I say, "Buyer Beware" on this one. You're much better off staying in Myknonos Town if you want a better hotel close to restaurants and sightseeing."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of August 2006

Very happy with the Mykonos Blu

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Just returned from 5 nights at the Mykonos Blu.

Were upgraded from the cheapest available room € 451 per night without breakfast to a very large full seaview room, room 773, excellent.
Pro's: Room was large, balcony very nice, view terrific, nice amenities Bulgari and Korres, Korres better by far.
Cons: Bed is like stone so hard, very bad indeed. Airco average. Tiles on the floor give a cold touch to the room.

Hotelgrounds beautiful, Beach very good, Pool also good. Distance to town very ok. Must rent scooter or quad hough, only 31 taxi's on th eisland of mykonos available, thus impossible to fetch one.
Breakfast looked good. I never saw people eating at the restaurant.

There is a restaurant on the beach called Nammos, which has wonderful food, and is a nice place to hang out.
Try the Yohurt with honey and nuts there, ......to die for.

We ate at Nobu once at the belvedere, not worth it at all. But go for drinks to the Belvedere, great drink and a very hip hotel in town, very nicely done. I was very happy to have picked to Blu over the Belvedere though as the Belvedere has loud music to deep in the night and you can hear everything from all the rooms. Besides i felt very cramped there, its all built in a very tiny space.

Another beautiful hotel which is more quiet but as pretty as teh Belvedere is Cavoo Taggo, really cool.

Suggestion: Go visit the quiet beaches around the island!"

• Travel date: Mon 31st of July 2006

Beautiful Hotel, Disappointing Rooms

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"I just returned from my first trip to Mykonos. I had been told by people that have been that deciding where to stay - the beach or town - is the most important thing. Since we were coming after spending a few days in the city of Athens, we chose to stay at the beach thinking that it would be a nice change of pace. We had heard from Greek friends that the Mykonos Blu was the place to stay outside of town. The hotel grounds and common areas were great, very modern, clean and spacious. The pool was two-tiered with plenty of chairs to lay out. The beach was accessible down a long staircase and had ample chairs and a few restaurants.

Our room cost approx $700 for a executive suite with a deck and lounge chairs. This was a total waste of money. The room was exactly like all the other rooms, we just had a bigger deck. The bed, although nice to look at with the flowing white curtains, was the most uncomfortable one my husband and I have ever slept in. It was so hard that we had the worst night sleep for our whole stay. Not to mention, they give you one thin blanket and it gets cold at night in Mykonos! We had to ask twice for an extra blanket to be brought to the room and it was still chilly. I would definitely recommend to forget about spending for an upgraded room here, you will barely spend anytime in the room anyway.

The restaurant at the hotel was thoroughly average and overpriced compared to the more authentic, affordable and lively restaurants in town. The restaurant at the hotel was so quiet it was almost uncomfortable.

In order to see any of the sights in the island, other beaches and downtown, you must rent a moped or a car if you stay here. The hotel is about a 10 min drive from town. After exploring downtown we decided that on our next trip to the island that we will stay at the Belvedere. It is walking distance to town and has an unbelievable pool area. The real charm of Mykonos is it's town so I recommend for anyone looking for a lively atmosphere, and access to lots of dining options to stay in town and skip the Mykonos Blu."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

One of the best choice on Mykonos!!!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We spent a week at Mykonos Blue hotel; it was our second time and always looking forward to going back! I would definetely recommend this hotel to couples, but not to families with young children: too many stairs... and the rooms are all the same size (approx. 25 sq. mt.), with one king bed (in the corner) and 1 sofa which can be conververted into a bed, so unless you book two rooms it is difficult to accomodate more than 2 people. The room service is excellent: they knew it was our anniversary and right after our arrival they delivered a chocolate cake and a bottle of champagne at our surprise!!! The only advice I have to give is: rent a car or a moped. On the islands taxis are very few and buses are always overcrowded. A mean of transport is important to explore the island and its beautiful beaches (Lia, Elia, Agrari). The hotel beach is nice and quiet and less windy than the other ones and it worth going especially for Nammos, an excellent beach restaurant serving lunch and dinner, with DJs at night. (and sushi and sashimi from Nobu all day long...!!!)"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of July 2006

Important

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Although the island of Mykonos is beautiful my stay there was ruined somewhat by my choice of accommodation. Having never been to Mykonos before, I wanted my trip to be perfect and where I was staying was important to me. From the website the hotel looked gorgeous with a beach on its doorstop. Unfortunately, upon arrival I did not realize how far away from the town it would be. We had to get a taxi to the hotel that cost us 10 euro and that was if we could get one if fact this was normally at least hour wait.

The only thing that upset me was that the web page said that the hotel was on the outskirts of the town. Really this hotel was in the middle nowhere, to say this was a bit unethical to say the least. All my advice to other travelers traveling to Mykonos is to check the address of your hotel/hostel before you book as many say that there in the around the town but in fact they are in the rural areas of the island."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of June 2006

Great but better in low season

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We have been to the Mykonos Blu twice, the first time in May 2004, the second time in August 2005. Both times, we loved the hotel. However - as the rest of the Island - in August the hotel was a little too crowded, so the small details that the made the hotel so very special, were missing.

The rooms are not very large but we didn't spend too much time in them, so it did not really matter. The hotel pool and the view from the pool and the garden is terrific! The staff is very friendly and like othere here wrote, you hardly notice them - unless you need them.

The place is absolutly perfect for couples wanting to relax and watch interesting people. It is far away enough from all the party people in Mykonos and close enough - if you get bored!

Cons: French fries at the poolside are overpriced, the pool taverna could have open in the evenings and would be a nice alternative to the hotel restaurant!

We would always return but enjoyed our stay more in the low season!

P.S. The first hotel we have been too that is nicer than on the pictures!"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of May 2006

Luxury beyond comparison

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Stayed at Mykonos Blu for our honeymoon last September. We were recommended this hotel through our friends and colleagues who had a much better idea of Greece than we had - we had never been to Greece before and it was top on our wish list. Prices were high but we expected that for a 5* resort. On arrival we were upgraded to an OceanFront room which was spacious and clean, lovely decor for our taste and a fantastic view. We loved the airport pickup that we arranged with the hotel - much better than waiting for a taxi and we felt so lavish, but hey it was a honeymoon!

Facilities at the hotel were second to none - we could laze in the infinity pool for hours. The food was great, especially in the Aegean Poets restaurant, but the Brasserie L'Archipel served us at any time we liked. Made some friends with the local cats, we love them but had to draw the line at letting them inside our room! Room service breakfast is the best - I do like to serve myself in the restaurant but breakfast in bed or looking out from our patio cannot be topped. The bar in the evening had such a wonderful quiet romantic atmosphere and we enjoyed this for a couple of nights, but had to drag ourselves away to sample the town night life on at least one occasion - we were lucky to get a taxi back to the hotel without waiting too long. Finally the Elixir Spa must also be visited and you will feel so relaxed afterwards you will just be so happy to relax relax relax........and best place to do that is the bar.......

Staff were always attentive but discreet, almost to the point of not knowing they were there. Always smiling and helpful and we certainly asked a lot of questions about the island and what we could do etc. We ended up hiring a car for a few days to really checkout the area - best way to do it. You must organise a cruise through the concierge - he knows the operators personally and you will get the best advice around.

I must say that this is one of the best stays we have had, and we are very critical travellers, almost to the point of looking for problems. But, this hotel is worth the rate we paid and we would certainly return again in the future. Thank you Mykonos Blu!"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of May 2006