Beach !

About Acrogiali Beach Hotel

• smoking rooms available
  • baggage storage
  • car hire
  • express check in check out
  • coffee shop amenities
  • tv channel one russia
  • diving

NOT MORE THAN A TWO STAR HOTEL

Reviewed 22nd May 2014

"Other than the location which is very nice,the hotel is so basic that is really a joke how they advertise this place as a four star.I am very surprised and skeptical with all the good reviews shown on line if they are real.I booked this place and spent a week very recently with my wife and another couple (friends)relying on the good reviews but now I know better for next time not to trust what's online. We had many holidays on the Greek islands but I can say this one is the worst one and the most expensive one in such a basic place and the careless management attitude."

• Travel date: 21st May 2014

marvellous hotel and excellent restaurant

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We spent the last 2 weeks of may 2009...hotel directly on the beach...marvellous! we had a wonderful sea view, the sea at 8m from our room! quiet, clean. Personal very kind and helpful. We reserved breakfast, but..we ate most of the time at the Restaurant Atlantida (inside the hotel, on the beach) because it was EXCELLENT!!! the best greek restaurant we ever had (and we go each year to Greece!)! We ll surely come back!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 8th June 2009

Awesome hotel!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"This hotel is beautiful! The staff are amazing. We arrived just after a huge French tour. The lady at the front desk seeing that the tour guide was doing the French briefing, quickly checked us in ahead of them and we were free to enjoy the evening. The room was very clean and the bellboy was very helpfull hauling our luggage up the stairs. We had a balcony with a view of the stunning courtyard but didn't see how beautiful it was until the morning as we arrived in the evening. The housekeepers did an awesome job and we always came back to a clean room. The hotel was busy and service never waivered. The food at the hotel restaurant Atlantida was the best we had on the island including Mykonos town. We ate there 4 or 5 times during our stay. The bruschetta is amazing, the best tasting tomatos! They have a huge menu so it was hard trying to decide to what to order. We tried a bit everything. House white wine was good and reasonably priced. The owner of the hotel is the older man you see at the restaurant every night and he and all the staff are very nice. The breakfasts in the morning are quite good as well. Usually consisting of rolls, breads, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatos, fruits, yogurts, cheeses, olives,..etc. Plus, the restaurant is outside and you have a great view of the Aegean sea and Platis Gialos beach. If you're staying at the hotel and you've eaten in Atlantida at night, you will usually get the beach chairs for free. Otherwise it's 10 Euros for 2 chairs for the day."

• Travel date: 2nd November 2008

Everything is fantastic

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"We stayed here 3 nights and had a fantastic time. Perfect location, perfect restaurant. We also made a 1/2 day Island excursion (started at 16.00 h). We took the local bus to Mykonos City, where the excursion started with a walk through Mykonos city and after that there was a bustour over the island. We ended in Mykonos city and had dinner there. It was worth doing it, but we were glad to be back in hotel Acrogiali."

• Travel date: 20th July 2008

great location

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"great location on the beach.. overall family hotel... the food in atlantida was amazing.. you can get also free chairs and umbrellas if you have lunch or dinner there. the price is 12 euros normally.. i would reccomend..."

• Travel date: 13th April 2008

Cute Hotel

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"My husband and I travelled with Transat tours and stayed at the Acrogiali. It was a cute boutique style hotel situated right on a lovely beach. It is run by a husband and wife and you can tell they care a lot about their customers. The rooms were basic, but very clean. Beds were hard but that didn't keep me from sleeping well. The breakfast that was included was great. You had your choice of eggs, toast, pastries, yogurt and fruit. The coffee was also great. The best part was, you could sit at your table and the beach was only a few feet away from you. Another advantage to staying at the Acrogiali is that the owners will let you sit on the beach with two loungers and an umbrella for free. Otherwise, they charge $10E. One day the loungers were full and they actually kicked some people off to make room for us. It was great. The restaurant is also great. The servers are wonderful, especially Costas, and the food is also very good. Great greek salads, pizza, and the selection of appetizers is amazing. Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. You will definately enjoy your stay."

• Travel date: 4th July 2007

a little peace of heaven

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed in this lovely little hotel as a belated 25th anniversary trip. I have to say that after three days in Athens, this little jewel was an absolute delight. As I walked into the lobby, I could see the sea; it was a mere 10 steps from the lobby. I wasn't aware of this but the hotels along the beach in Mykonos are not necessarily owned by the same people who own the restaurant. There is a charge for an umbrella and two chairs (8 euros I think) but if you are staying in the hotel and/or eating there, they are yours for free. Our room was impeccably clean and as we left our room each morning, we were blinded by the brilliant sun. My husband says that the weatherman is unemployed in Mykonos - another day in paradise. We had a small fridge in our room. Be aware, there is nothing in the fridge but you can go to the shop about three doors away from the beach and buy water. we also bought some wine there. There is a corkscrew in the room - thank goodness. The owner and his wife work tirelessly and always make you feel welcome. This hotel was an absolute gem. You MUST try the spinach pie and the chicken souvlaki. Fantastic. I found Mykonos overall to be quite expensive but I absolutely loved our little hotel."

• Travel date: 10th June 2007

Good Hotel overall

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"Stayed there for 4 nights, hotel was overbooked the 1st night so they sent us to Pelican Bay Hotel (very nice hotel, a little more luxurious than Akrogiali, with a pool but not on the beach which is the main selling point for the Akrogiali because you eat breakfast looking at the sea :) Had reserved a sea view room which we never got, had to stay in a Garden room; nice but not what we had booked! Location is a good selling point: right next to the boats that go to the beaches and 10 min bus ride from town, on a very very crowded bus though... Overall, would stay there again and not hesitate to recommend it!"

• Travel date: 9th October 2006

Brilliant...

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"My husband and I and two best friends stayed here for 3 nights in early August 2006. We thought this hotel was great. The rooms were spacious, had great balconies looking over the beach, great b/fast (eggs, bacon, cereal, fresh fruit, savoury snacks, etc.) and you were literally steps from the beach. There is also a great restaurant downstairs which we could not fault. Whilst it is out of Mykonos Town we were looking for something that was relaxing and more like a beach resort than party area and that is what we got. The staff were also very helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. There was air con in our room, a safe in the lobby, enough space for suitcases in your room, good size bathroom (good shower). overall a great time."

• Travel date: 26th August 2006

On the beach.....Wonderful!!

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"I just returned from a tour of Greece that included a stay at the Hotel Acrogiali. The location is perfect - about 20 feet from the sea! Our room was clean and comfortable with A/C, shower, lovely shuttered windows and a little terrace with chairs overlooking the lovely gardens. There is a beautiful restaurant where breakfast is served on one side and a very romantic dinner restaurant on the other side sits right on the beach. It is $1 for a bus ride to town, but we took taxis for about $4 - be prepared for crazy driving : -) You can also get a water taxi to the Paradise beaches right out the back door. I would not hesistate to recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 27th September 2005

Great escape

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"My girlfriend and I stayed at Acrogiali Hotel for 3 nights while on vacation around the Cyclade islands. We highly recommend to go in the low season. We where there from May 20th to May 23rd; no reservation made and got a very good price. (40$ US/night). We heard that it is over booked for the high season. The room was fantastic, not very big but very clean, beach front with a balcony that faces the ocean. The breakfast is included with the room which is a daily prepared buffet style breakfast. The food if very good; they serve 6 or 7 choices of cereals, toasts, eggs, ham, muffins, fresh juices and coffee, fruits.. can be repetitive but always fresh food. There is a restaurant on the 1st floor which is very good and not expansive. You can have a good meal for 2 for around 25$. The restaurant offers an ocean front terrace which is very romantic. The wheatear is really great in May. Around 25ºC during the day dropping to 15ºC at night. The beach is clean and you can walk for about 1.5 kilometres. Plenty of beach chairs. There is 2 convenience stores from a walk distance that offer all kinds of things. (fresh drinks, alcohol, gifts, food..) There is a bus stop just at the corner and they charge you 1$ for the ride to get downtown. Taxi ride is around 10$. Bars are very expansive downtown. Be prepared to pay up to 15$US for a drink. High price when you can buy a 500ml Heineken for around 1.50$ at the store ! I recommend this hotel if you want to have a great time and relax with your partner. The Hotel staff is very polite and helpful. You will definitely have a great time."

• Travel date: 26th May 2005

Hotels near Acrogiali Beach Hotel

Acrogiali Beach Hotel is also called

• Acrogiali
  • acrogiali platys gialos
  • acrogiali hotel platys gialos