Yiannaki Hotel in Ornos - The best stay in Mykonos ever

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"I just got back from an exellent trip to Mykonos. I stayed at the completely renewed Yiannaki Hotel in Ornos Mykonos. The rooms where exellelent. The service was friendly.

We had great diners in Aleka's restaurant ( the hotel restaurant).

The owners did everything for us. It's a small hotel where you come as a guest but leave as a friend of the Dactilidi Family.

My next trip to Mykonos, I will stay again in this beautifull hotel overlooking the Bay of Ornos.

I like to thank the whole family for my luxery and pleasant stay in Mykonos Efcharisto para poly !"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of June 2006

Everyone's First Class at the Yiannaki!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My sister's and I stayed at the Yiannaki Hotel for 3 nights. Our first night we arrived late, after a long, long day of travel. We were tired and hungry. Maria recieved us warmly and made us feel extremely comfortable. The lobby was modern, clean and important to one of my sister's they had internet access - for free! We went up to our room and it was clean, and nicely set up.
Food is really important to us (probably to a lot of people ;) We needed food right away, so we decided to eat at the hotel. It was one of the best decisions we made for food on Mykonos! The restaurant has a great atmosphere, you have a great outdoor eating experience. Being new to Greece, we were unsure what to order. Yianni, visited our table and immediately provided excellent guidance and charming company for our first meal. The food was amazing - home grown olives in the salad!
Being a veteran traveller, where I have been to many resorts, hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts... I can honestly and with no hesitation say that the Yiannaki hotel is unlike any other. The Yiannaki hotel is not just a fantastic place to stay - it is a fantastic experience!
It offers friendly knowledgeable service, they go "above and beyond" to make sure you are happy and relaxed, the food is so good words cannot describe it and the rooms are clean and always serviced by friendly trustworthy maids.

I would without reservation tell anyone - "Make a reservation!!"

Marika"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of June 2006

yes ... you can go back

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"A couple of weeks ago i posted a review of the Yannaki, but missed the ratings of the hotel, as the internet cafe bumped me off the service. So, here I am back again.. and as I had said at the end of my last posting, we wanted to go back. And we did!

So on a 2 week vacation we twice travelled to Mykonos and stayed at the Yannaki. They say "you can't go back", but it was just as great the second time. We were greeted very warmly by the wonderful staff and owners and we were again very happy with the quality of the hotel and restaurant. We never ate anywhere else on our second visit, because why not dine at the best? We had a different room on the second visit, but the view was just as perfect, and although the bathroom was smaller, it was still spotless and clean. We felt totally secure and slept with our door open to the balcony.
We loved the quiet of the area, but also appreciated that the beach is just minutes away. Mykonos town is only a short bus ride away or a 25 minute walk.
We told many people on our travels and since returning to home about the Yannaki and hope they will take our recommendation to stay there.
Many thanks to everyone for making our trip so memorable.

E and A"

• Travel date: Thu 1st of June 2006

Yiannaki Hotel...7 days in Paradise.

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Well, we just returned from Paradise and we are already planning
our next visit.
No, we are not comfused. Yiannaki hotel in Mykonos was just
what Paradise means to us.
Clean spacius rooms, friendly and happy staff, Maria's smile,
Yianni's humor, Aleka's food...
This family is the best all over the world.

They made a 4 star hotel with all the facilities and services but they
managed to keep the family atmosphere which makes the difference.

Don't miss the opportunity to spend some days in Yiannaki.

It is just THE BEST."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of May 2006

First class

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"The Y. hotel is first class, and since it is privately owned, the owner and his sister go out of their way to please you. It has 45 rooms, there is a shuttle service for cruise customers, which we were, and when I needed to send a fax back to my office in ONtario, Canada, there was no five dollar charge - in fact there was NO charge!
The gym equipment was OK and the pool although we had bad (cold) weather and din't use it, appeared spotless.
The best part of it was Yianni and Maria, his ebullient sister.
I highly recommend it.

[email protected]"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of May 2006

Quite the Nicest Hotel!!!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"This hotel was full of surprises and they were all pleasant.

If "clean" is important to you.. this hotel is scrupulous. The owners and staff are friendly in the extreme and nothing is too much bother. The cooking is done by the owners mother|.... need I say more!?

A 2 minute walk past the swimming pool and down the lane brings you to the bus stop:1:10E and 10 -15 minutes has you in town where you can get happily lost in the quaint and winding streets.

You can book your stay at the Yianakki with full confidence... Enjoy!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of May 2006

wonderful time at Yannaki

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"just came back from a wonderful holiday at Yannaki and I must admit this hotel worths every penny. I was quite inspirated to check for the hotel on tripadvisor.
The hotel is new refurbished, extremely clean, very quiet and intimate, far enough from the town noise but close enough so to jump in the car and be in the centre in 5 mins.
The main differentiation from other hotels is the people. The two owners, Maria and Yannis, are always there to help you, without being pushy or insisting on anything. We booked the hotel in a short time, so no time to google about the island, attractions, etc. Maria was a sweetheart as she adviced us on everything and everyplace she reccomended was just what we were looking for.
We usually never eat in the hotel we stay, however we made an exception with Yannakis as the food was the best one we have eaten on the entire island.

Have a great one,

Oana"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of May 2006

Yiannaki is the best!!!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Just the best hotel ever!!!
Very clean, very friendly staff, very nice area, the best beach.

What else can you ask for a perfect vacation??

I will be back soon with all my friends!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of May 2006

Didn't want to leave!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"The welcoming staff and friendly environment of the Yiannaki hotel made our stay very enjoyable. Yiannis and his sister Maria bent over backwards to make our visit was fun and stress-free. Rooms were spotless, grounds were well kept, and the pool was clean and inviting. The hotel also offers a restaurant with a wide range of choices. Thank you to the staff of the Yiannaki hotel for an unforgettable vacation in the beautiful island of Mykonos."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of May 2006

Yiannaki... "e-mail on the rocks"

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"My niece and I stayed at the Yiannaki this May - beautiful and fun. The renovations have made the hotel a top notch place to stay! The restaurant was delicioius - the server was incredibly refined! We're both vegetarians and there was good selection.

The entire staff were friendly, helpful and "tried to satisfy our every need" as the hotel had promised.

We highly recommend the hotel and restaurant. The view was beautiful - and yes, you could see Mykonos town, the water and the pool from our room!

Excellent all round! We want to come back!"

• Travel date: Sat 20th of May 2006

I love it here, having now stayed at thi...

Reviewed Mon 8th of May 2006

"I love it here, having now stayed at this hotel three times and recommended it to my parents who have stayed twice.

The taverna at the pool side is a real bonus, with lovely traditional, home cooked food. The beach is a short walk away and for those wanting more buzz, the boat taxis can take you to the neighbouring beaches of Paradise or Super Paradise or Psarou.

The bus service is excellent, running a very efficient service into Mykonos town every 15 minutes - perfect. Couldn't ask for more."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of May 2006

We love this cosy friendly hotel , it ha...

Reviewed Fri 30th of April 2004

"We love this cosy friendly hotel , it has everything close to hand and yet on a busy island it is still an oasis of calm. Good staff, clean, with air con in the price , free security boxes ;it offers excellent value.

The even best part is that boats depart from here to all the best beaches with the town proper ,only a cheap easy bus ride away. You’ll love it We’re going Back!

• Travel date: Fri 30th of April 2004