Good

One of the best stays ever

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"The Mykonos Grace was the hotel highlight of my honeymoon in Greece and hands down one of the best hotels I've ever had in my life. Three nights at the Grace and we'll never forget it. Why?

The staff - They are incredibly nice and very accommodating. Yes, I'm spending money there but they were totally cool about sending the mini-bus to pick us up at 11pm after we struggled to get ferries to the island because of the wind. We got to the hotel and they had a chilled bottle of champagne in an ice bucket waiting for us. They had a nice card in front of the bucket that really made us feel wanted there at the hotel. Nowhere else, no matter how nice they were, really cared that we were on our honeymoon. I can't say enough about how awesome the staff is, everyone from top to bottom made us feel like we were the most important guests in the hotel

The room - We reserved a double room for two nights and a suite with a jacuzzi for one night. We checked in and since it was into low season (mid-October) they ugraded us to the suite for all three nights. The room is amazing! It has the biggest built-in hot tub I've ever been in and has direct access from the shower so you can go straight from the tub through a little glass door and shower off. The king bed was incredibly comfortable, unlike the mattresses in every other Greek hotel we stayed in. The shower was a shower with room for a band to set-up and play, but it was also a steam room.

The food - When I booked the room I had no idea that a full-on champagne breakfast was part of the charge. What? I ate myself silly and the food was great hotel food.

Read enough yet? I read about this hotel on this site and after deliberating between it and another hotel I went with this because I wanted to sit outside in a jacuzzi and sip wine while the sun was going down. It was a much better experience than that and I'll never forget it. The hotel didn't make the trip, but it sure kicked it up a few notches."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of December 2007

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel last week and we absolutely loved it. We had the standard room at €270 and the room was the right size with satellite tv and mini bar. Everything in the mini bar is complimentary. The bed is very comfortable and its all new. The bathroom is big, it only has a shower which is lovely,big enough for 2 and has a window to see through the bedroom and outside and 2 sinks with lovely toiletries.

The towels were changed twice daily.

There was a small balcony overlooking the sea and we could see the cruise linears coming in. The balcony is on the small side.

The staff were very helpful.

The pool is big enough and there were always sun loungers available. The Champagne breakfast by the pool is delicious and they had all kinds of breakfast available. Apart form the buffet available you get to order the hot food that you would you like. (The feta cheese omlette was superb).

There is free internet access and a lovely lounge on the reception floor together with steam room and upstairs mear the pool is another lounge with books. There is a dvd player in the room and dvds are available from the reception.

They also have complimentary transfers on arrival and departure.

We loved this place.

The only thing is the location, its not within walking distance of anything and we did not see any public transport going by. But we rented a moped so we were fine, cause its only a short drive to Hora. There is a beach in front of the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Great stay in a beautiful well designed hotel

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"We spent 7 nights at the hotel in Mid June, having booked earlier in the year before the website was available. The management team were very eager to please and nothing seemd too much trouble - from several helpful and curteous emails in booking the hotel, through to the arrival and kindly upgrading us to the Honeymoon Suite. The room was simply, but well designed and well furnished. Some great touches in the room included the laptop and free internet access, plenty of hanging space in the walk in wardrobe, great air con, huge flatscreen, excellent selection of DVD's and a well designed bathroom and shower area. The only small criticism was the lack of space to put toiletries in the bathroom. The rooftop terrace and plunge pool of the room was very private with great views over the bay and the town. The room also had a small cute terrace at the front, complete with olive tree. Although it is an expensive room it is a good choice for privacy and views.

The pool area of the hotel was very stylish and during the stay was fairly quiet - when the hotel is full there may be a lack of sunbeds and shade. The other common areas of the hotel are also well designed and feel very relaxing.

The hotel is a 5 minute 5 Euro cab ride into town (on 3 of the 7 evenings the hotel staff drove us into town, sometimes in their own car if there was a problem getting a cab) and being a first time visitor to Mykonos we found it a good choice to be outside of the main town, which can get very busy. The hotel overlooks Agios Stefanos beach which is not really commercialised and has white sands and clear seas.

The hotel served a good breakfast, although this frist criticism of the hotel is that the breakfast staff seemed a little inexperienced and did take several prompts to get a coffee and didn't seem to be able to prioritise what needed to be done (e.g they would be setting tables that nobody was waiting for whilst people were obviously waiting to order or to get refills at the buffet). The second crticism was that the terrace of the room was not always cleaned on a daily basis - tables not cleared/wiped, furniture not rearranged etc. If you are paying 600/800 Euro+ a night for a top suite in high season then you do expect these things to just happen.

Overall, the hotel had just opened and hopefully the 2 minor criticisms will be resolved - other than that I would highly recommend the Mykonos Grace for it's warm friendly welcome, great location and stylish design and we will return to the hotel again."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of June 2007