Eurohotel Katrin Suites

147 Irinis National Road, Stalis, Crete 700 07 Greece

Dirty

"My family and myself stayed here in July 2010 never ever again. Stalis was stunning would go back but not to villa alexandra. We arrived and myself and my daughter took the first day cleaning the apartment. Grit on floor , black marks on sheets and pillowcases. Dirty ring marks on all bedside cabinets and the kitchen area was worse. Had to buy load of cleaning stuff sponges cloths cleaner etc. Went and borrowed brush and shovel from the staff. There was a window in the bedroom which when you shut the curtains they only came half way down and you could see right into next doors bedroom , we took blanket and had to cover the hole. Never stayed in anything more dirty in my life. The 1 point is for the pool it was okay. "

• Travel date: Tue 6th of March 2012

brilliant place

"we stayed here in august 2010 and we are returning this year. its a great place to stay, clean, friendly and ideally situated for beach, shops, resturants and entertainment. if you have booked to go here you wont be disappointed."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of July 2011

brilliant

"myself partner and 2 children visited Villa Alexandra two years ago we had a fantastic time toni pavlos and rania and the cleaners were so welcoming and friendly one of the best holidays ever. Stalis is amazing and so are the people. We returned back in July 2010 it was fantastic that pavlos and rania were still their we asked about toni who was working at another hotel we had such a fantastic time as usual friendly staff and the rooms were cleaned every day zoran the bar man was so genuine friendly and his wife and child were beautiful we returned again in sept to a sister hotel which we did enjoy but was drawn back to villa alexandra to see our friend zoran and his family we will be returning later in year.lynne and sean.

• Travel date: Fri 18th of February 2011

Not so bad, but not again

"Myself and 7 other friends, 4 girls and 4 boys in total aged between 17-20, decided to go on holiday to Crete, mainly for the nightlife of Malia, however, we decided staying in Stalis would be the better option as some of us like our sleep!
We arrived at Villa Alexandra and was greeted by a member of staff who showed us to the reception area. Walking through was a bit awkward because it was pretty small and quite a tight squeeze, especially if you are using the lift. After checking in we were shown to our rooms. Us girls were given our key, and as soon as we opened the door, we all thought, "what have we let ourselves in for!" The rooms are very very basic and it can be a bit of a put off, especially seeing it for the first time, however, we had everything, a bed to sleep on, a few pots and pans for cooking, a fridge, cupboards etc and at the end of the day, we only needed the room to sleep in, nothing more.
I do not understand how people can say the rooms were never cleaned though! The maids came to our rooms every day. We had new towels every day and our bed sheets were changed every other day. Our bins were empty, and the poor women even cleaned our dishes! We did find that after they "washed" the floor it got a bit sticky, but this did not happen all the time.
The pool area, although pretty small and not many sunbeds, was good. It was always clean and the bar staff were nice enough to let us take our drinks down to the pool side.
There is a shop literally next door which helped us a lot, the only problem we found, was that if this shop didn't have what we needed, we did have to cross a main road, which got extremely busy during the day, to go to the supermarket.
The major downside of going to Villa Alexandra is that it is situated on a main road and can get difficult to cross at certain times of the day, however, when we ventured out, around 9ish, it wasn't so bad.
I must also say, the staff are really kind and friendly, they did not mind us coming home in the early hours of the morning, but there is a security guard who may as to see your key if he believes you are not really staying there. He also comes around making sure you are not too loud, and this is good of him as there are other people in the hotel.
So, after everything I have said, I hope that this has helped you to decide what to do, although my title is, not so bad, but not again, I have only written that because in opinion of myself and my friends, we enjoyed our stay, but it was the first and last time we are going to stay there."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of January 2011

brilliant

"Our stay was most enjoyable and we shall be visiting again.
The rooms are basic but nice, pool was kept exceptionally clean and staff were wonderful especially Dani the part time barmaid, it was great to have someone english there and she was a very nice, kind, beautiful young girl! Also her partner Pavlos so helpful and always happy. Oh and not forgetting the dogs, lovely to have animals there, we shall miss them till our next visit."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of December 2010

"I visited Villa Alex last year and had a lovely time, me and my friends and family would highly recommend staying here."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of December 2010

briliant

"been to stallis a number of times , we love the erea and this time it was better staying at the alexandra what a great place to stay for your money was made very welcome and the roms were basic but clean the ideal place to stay in stalis"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2010

Great holiday although accommodation more basic than expected.

"We had a great holiday in Crete (23 - 30 Sept 10)and would come back. Stalis was a good venue to explore mid and Eastern Crete. However the accomodation was more basic than we had expected given it had a three star rating.

First of all having read other reviews I would like to state that our appartment was clean on arrival. However the bedroom and living area shared a central light with a hole in the wall beneath it so all sounds and light travelled through. There was only an air conditioning unit in the bedroom and this left the living/sleeping area much hotter and stuffier (although we were not charged for this as we had expected to be). In the living area the only seating was 4 not very comfortable dining chairs and the two beds both just having one pillow. There was no fan in the shower room.

On arrival there was a problem with a leaking cistern and it took three days for this to be mended leaving constant pools of water on her floor until then.

On a more positive note the Villa was pleasant and the pool area clean and a delight to swim in. We did not use any of the other facilities so cannot comment on them.

We had paid less for out holiday than we expected and if we returned to Crete would probably be willing to pay more for better standard accomodation. However for those wanting to keep costs down and willing to accept some of the issues raised above the Villa Alexandra would provide a pleasant base."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2010

stalis great, alexandra rubbish

"just returned from my holiday yesterday, stalis was amazing but the hotel was a disgrace at least 5 other people staying there were of the same opinion. the floor was filthy, walls had holes and dirty marks all over them. toaster tripped all the electric, dangerous wiring on kettle and hobs, the shower was vile and hot water if u were lucky. complained to manager she said we could move rooms but said we had the best room!! i did not expect luxury but i do think there should still be some level of cleanliness and quality, "

• Travel date: Wed 15th of September 2010

great holiday

Good

"alexandra apartments are basic but if you have been to greece before then you will be happy with these apartments. they are clean and you have plenty of crockery and utensils. the maids call every day to clean they all work very hard.
there are plenty of sunbeds around the pool but the beach is so gorgeous and only 10 mins walk away we went there most days, if you walk down to the beach road and turn left thats where most of the cheapest sunbeds and umberllas are. they offer 2 sunbeds with umberalla + 2 drinks for 5 euro all day, some offer a meal for the same price so you are basically getting the sunbeds for free, we have never been anywhere in greece with this offer.
we probably wont go back to the alexandra again, but we will be going back to crete next year and booking the La Luna which we found to be more hospitable and made you very welcome (our friends were here at the same time and we wished we had booked la luna)."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of August 2010

Good service

Good

"We have just arrived back from the hotel, the rooms are basic but clean! the cleaner came in everyday. the staff were extremely freindly and good fun!!! i would recommend this for young couples af families!

Overall a great place."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of August 2010

Great resort Stalis, but Alexandra not so!!!

"I have just arrived back from the Villa Alexandra in Stalis. And although, I would highly recommend Stalis, which in its own right is STUNNING!!!, I would never in this lifetime recommend the Villa Alexandra.

I think the tour operator saw me coming when I paid nearly £1000 for a week at this place(2 adults, 1 child). The hotel room was very basic, bed, hotplate and fridge, and that is your lot. The bathroom is where the real problems begin. The shower curtain was absolutely filthy, moulding at the bottom. But the main problem was the shower itself, there was no pressure to it what so ever, and when there was you didn't know if it would stay on or if it would go hot(scalding) or if it would go cold(freezing).

The reception staff were very unhelpful as I complained everyday of my holiday, the only one that tried to help was the night barman (nicknamed Bob, can't remember his real name). The day staff were very uninterested!!!

Whilst I was there I met a family who had been there before and reassured me that it wasn't normally that bad, but in all honesty I would never take that chance.

When we got there we were given a leaflet with all the activities the were MEANT to do during the week, but that never happened either, I know it was only first week of the holiday season but that really isn't a excuse.

I actually feel so strongly about the state of the place that I have complained to Thomas Cook, so we will wait and see if we get a reply."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of May 2010

Hotels near Eurohotel Katrin Suites

Stayed at Eurohotel Katrin Suites? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Eurohotel Katrin Suites

• debbiesusan by debbiesusan

"try to stay in a place across the busy road "

• m miller by m miller

"my favourite restaurants were probably the rose and crown,britannia inn and the satallite "

• jimwin by jimwin

"The Roman site at Gortys, follow the signs for Temple of Apollo into olive grove, its free and huge! "

• dawnmac by dawnmac

"No want to keep it secret! "

• a hepburn by a hepburn

"great place to stay , staff so friendly "

• deec26 by deec26

"Go to Stalis just stay in another apartments "

• jueray by jueray

"great beach and friendly people "

• wocky by wocky

"stalis is a wonderfull place "

• WelshLass by WelshLass

"Basic but all round ok hotel. "

Eurohotel Katrin Suites is also called