Good

Warning this hotel is not a 4 star!!

Reviewed 1st September 2011

"We arrived at the dias apartments at early hours in the morning and the only staff that was working was the bar man who kindly showed us to our room. the room was basic small and back to front. the balcony was at the back of the apartment so the kitchen area had no light it was dark and gloomy. There was a flood in the kitchen area it covered the whole floor it was like living in a swamp. we later found out that it was coming from the shower above our apartment. so as you would we complained to reception and the hotel manger is a miserable woman called Maria. Maria is rude and unhelpful because the only English she speaks is "yes please" and "ok please" we asked her if we could move rooms so we came and checked the room and some of the flood had dried up so she accused us of lying. we called her again when the flooding got worse and she did let us move a week later but she was funny with us ever since we complained and we never got an apolgly. I mean on the last night she threw a party for and invited everyone styaing at dias expcet for us the music was loud and went on until 4 in the morning. When we did eventually move, the room was big the right way round and a nice apartment but we got told theres only 4 rooms like it in the whole complex. ALWAYS take your key with you when you go out at night time because the hotel locks at 12 and theres no security or staff on at all. we got locked out and had to call Maria to let us in we thought we would be sleeping on the sunbeds. Moving on to the pool, it got cleaned ONCE in the whole 10 days of our stay. myself and my friend were ill because of this. My friend got a eye infection and had blurred vision for 2 days and I had a sore throat and an ear infection. The pool is not deep at all we could near enough stand in the deep end. The sunbeds around the pool were comfy. The holiday its self was amazing. I highly recommenced Stalls to anyone. It is the best town in Crete by far because its not too busy and its not dead at night."

• Travel date: 30th August 2011

Wonderfull Stalis.

Reviewed 17th February 2011

"We return to stalis year after year , people work so hard here, .Every where you go theres a great welcome and good service.Especially in the small greek resturant on the square,opposite the little church,called YANNIS,S. family owned and run by Yannis and his lovely wife,for over 25yrs.This couple offer,not only great food,but great hospitality.Each time we visit,be it for wonderfull breakfasts,full english, cold meats and cheese.plus toast, yogart and honey ,tea,coffee freshley squeezed orange juice.Or for there evening menu,which has everything you would see on a orthentic greek menu,theres british choices to,The atmosphere is addictive,you will want to return time, after time.Like Stalis itself a wonderfull place. "

• Travel date: 15th February 2011

can t wait to return

Reviewed 1st June 2010

"we arrived at the dias appartments on tues 18 may not knowing what to expect ,what a fantastic big room and totally spotless and very comfortable .there are 24 appartments in all at the dias ,marie was the lady that could help and answer your questions and made the place run like a dream and manos was the evening manager who was fantastic too.the pool and hotel itself was exsquiste and spotless and could honestly say i could not find fault with anything ,can t wait to go back and rate this very highly .it is only a short walk from the local tavernas ,shops and lovely beach."

• Travel date: 28th May 2010

great holiday

Reviewed 18th May 2010

"we have just returned from this holiday, I have never written a reveiw before for anywhere I have stayed, but this one deserves it.The whole experience was brilliant, the apartments were large, clean and comfortable, the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. The location is ideal, easy walking distance to the town with enough tavernas serving great food to satisfy anyone, but away from the hustle and bustle. Can recommend the Romantic Corner Taverna, food was excellent, and Robin Hood English Pub for Quiz every night, good fun. Barbeque night on Friday at the apartments was great, Manos prepared so many salads to go with the masses of meat. Thanks to Maria & Manos we have had our most relaxing holiday for years."

• Travel date: 16th May 2010

Fantastic!!

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"Wow, dias apartments are great. The rooms were very clean bigger than the pictures in the brochures. During our stay we were made very welcome by all the family who owned the apartments and the staff who worked there. We've never been anywhere where we have felt so welcome. We spent most of our time by the pool and for the first few days had the pool all to ourselves, even though there were lots of people staying there. The apartments are in a great position in Aghia marina, as you don't need to walk far to get to some great tavernas and the beach. Roberto, the barman, had us feeling merry every night with his cocktails! Can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: 27th September 2009

Good Value for Money

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Great place to stay, clean rooms with plenty of space. there are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby, all are affordable with good service and pleasant staff. Don`t be put off by tales of greek drivers, hire a car and do some exploring it`s a wonderful island with some glorious beaches and mountain views. One point worth mentioning is that if you go during July and August when it really gets hot the air con in the room is a paid for extra and it will set you back 42 Euro per week (not cheap) The cooking facilities are rather basic with two hobs you would struggle to cook anything more than a very basic meal, if you treat the dias as a room only accommodation then you will not be disappointed. Reccommended"

• Travel date: 18th June 2009

Fantastic value for money, recommended!

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"I came here with my boyfriend in September 07, to avoid families with children! The apartments were spotlessly clean, and very spacious. The pool had a great sea view and it was often quiet or empty! Plently of sunloungers and a pool side bar for refreshments. The staff were very helpful and made the stay very comfortable. The nearby beach was very nice and we found plenty of good restaurants. It always helps to ask around to get the best places. Local shops were close by for milk / water. Stalis was nice and quiet compared to the nearby towns, but for shopping or different restaurants a short bus ride can take you somewhere else. Hired a car to see some historical places of interest, I have to say avoid this if you can, it was a total nightmare for us! Tourists should stick to the bus! We went with Thomson and decided to go on their 'Greek Night' excursion. It was great fun, really worth doing. Fantastic food and entertainment."

• Travel date: 26th May 2009

Having booked this accommodation a coupl...

Reviewed 25th August 2008

"Having booked this accommodation a couple of months ago i arrived at the above apartment on Tues 5th August with my husband and 3 children. Upon my arrival there was a note stuck to the front door reading there is a problem with your flat please contact Becky. We contacted her immediately and she came to meet us telling us that the flat was cockroach infestated. She told us that the cleaners turned up that morning and they discovered cockroaches, she said the flat had been sprayed with chemicals that morning and we should be able to go back in the flat in 3 days time. I told her i did not want to go back into that flat anytime and that she find me alternative accommodation. I asked her why they discovered the cockroaches that morning and not before - surely if you manage a flat then you make sure that it is looked after properly i.e. cleaned regularly etc. You do not go on the morning to clean a flat on the day of people arriving for a holiday. The managing agents are Granville K-Paris Home Management Services 3 Kapparis Complex, Kapparis Ave 70B PO Box 34306 5402 Paralimni Cyprus. They then offered me alternative accommodation which was a complete dive and not fit for an animal to live in let alone humans. I am disgusted with the way me and my family were treated. All i can say is that i got a full refund there and then and it is fortunate that i arrived in a country which i am familiar with and where some of my family live otherwise i would have been stranded with my three children and with no way to stay. "

• Travel date: 25th August 2008

Amazing Place

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"Dias Studios are an amazing holiday destination. The appartments are generously sized and spotlessly clean. the pool is well maintained and clean. ther are plently of sunbeds for everyone. The accomodation is owned by a friendly family who live locally. The first choice rep (Angie) was a star and gave us great, unbiased advice. She went out of her way to make sure that we had a great time even though we did not sign up for any excursions with first choice. The night time barman Roberto made our holiday, he was friendly, helpful and was largely responsible for the great atmosphere around the pool bar in the evenings. There are some fantastic restaurants close by. Aletri is directly opposite and is a great place to eat traditional greek food. Kalloupis is only about 500m away and is another restaurant worth visiting. Do not go to eyeq (on the beach) if you want to eat good food. It is a great place to watch the sun go down but go somewhere else to eat.! Change your travellers cheques at Nielson travel, great rates and nice people. It has take me a month to come to terms with leaving the place before I felt OK with writing this review. If you get the chance to stay at this place then take it! Stavros,"

• Travel date: 28th September 2007

Loved it, miss it, want it next year!!

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"This place is actually amazing. Me and my boyfriend went for a little getaway right before starting uni in september. We went into our room and its the one pictured on the first choice website...its very homely despite being basic and has a lovely greek radio fitted in the wall. The pool/bar area had hardly any people around and even less in the actual pool..it was like a private holiday set in a wonderful location...just off the busy main strip with wonderful restaurants. Most of the people in the apartments was a lot older than us, however we expected that being in september and it didnt matter about the age gap. the family who run it are lovely, I've never known the owners to be so involved in making everybodys holiday brilliant. Roberto the night barman is hilarious and is also really there to make your holiday better, something that i cannot say for our holiday rep. Can i strongly suggest you don't book excursions from first choice and they are either really really good or really really bad! Wonderful location- about a minute to the beach from the apartment...lots of wonderful taverns, restaurants and bars....i suggest you should try EYEQ down the beach theyr food is sensational and you can sit and watch the sunset, it doesnt seem to get busy so its like your private restaurant! I was apprehensive about the weather there but there never seemed to be a problem. Now I am a student I am trying to work out finances to go back next year...we found we were the only ones who went there for the first time, some of them have been coming for years...hopefully i will be too, its just brilliant!! the photos there arent of the right place, ill upload some to show you what it really looks like"

• Travel date: 19th September 2007

Had a relaxing and very enjoyable holiday at Dias

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"We would highly recommend these apartments as we found them clean, modern and well located. There are some nice restaurants nearby (Ateri across the road is good or try one of the beach restaurants off the main road and enjoy the sunset) and the apartments are close to shops and the main bus route. The old village and beach are a short walk away and Chania is a short taxi ride (which reception will happily arrange). I would recommend buying excursions locally as we found them expensive with First Choice for what they were. The food at the apartments isn't great but the service is friendly and the poolside is well looked after, there are plenty of sunbeds and we were lucky enough to stay when there were no children around so enjoyed the peace and quiet! Please note the picture/link above are for other Dias apartments in a different resort!"

• Travel date: 7th August 2007

Our first holiday

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"As our first holiday abroad we were slightly nervous about what to expect but we were really pleased when we saw the clean and well looked after room that we were given for our weeks stay at the Hotel Dias. The room was cleaned every other day, and clean towels were left also. There was some entertainment laid on by the Hotel, on Sunday night there was a 'pasta night' and on a Thursday night there was a barbacue. Every night the hotel bar was open and food was available. The hotel was very near the main road leading to the main part of the resort and the beaches. The pool is adaquate but very cold and there were plenty of sunbeds around the side of it."

• Travel date: 7th July 2007

Hotels near Dias Hotel & Apartments

Dias Hotel & Apartments is also called

• Dias Apartments
  • dias apartments stalís
  • dias apartments hotel stalís