Anemi Apartments

Stalida - Malia, Stalis, Crete Greece

Our holiday

"We stayed here for 11 nights and got back on the 8th of October 2013. The place is very nice an Manos the bartender is very friendly after your first toilet roll you have to get your own and the maid is not very good at her job the bathroom bin was emptied every other day it's very basic the food is very nice from the rose and crown the pool was so cold no one could swim in it one night the wind was blowing so hard the front door was banging all night I had to get out and put the bathroom mat jammed in the door when I left I was given some pretty soap as a gift don't buy the water or coke bottles from there it's cheaper in the supermarket just up the road there are many nice trips from there if u go enjoy as the beach is just across the road "

• Travel date: Thu 10th of October 2013

Once is enough !

"We stayed here for 12 nights after the original company we booked with to stay at sofi beach went bust. The apartments were nice enough and the staff very pleasant. The location was fine until 4.30 am when the malia crowd decided to come home !! we were on the beach road and the quad bikes were speeding past non stop for hours !! the apartments also have a car park at the side, ideal for wheelies and skidding or teaching your screaming girlfriend how to ride whilst drunk !! our pool only got used after 4am until about 6.....by loud screamers, no staff on site to stop this so be warned if you want to sleep stay elsewhere or join in the foam parties..all free of charge just bring your own fire extinquisher (found on the wall outside your apartment). This is our 7th visit to Stalis and we have stayed in various apartments , Anemi were very basic, very clean and ours had plenty of room. we had a spiral staircase up to the double bedroom, after a few nights on the ouzo we couldnt face the stairs and slept on the two singles downstairs ! The beach is a 3 min walk through the hotels oppisite or you could walk to the other beaches in about 10-15mins.plenty of resturants for all tastes and pockets, lots of bars catering for all ages. if you decide to go on the happy train make sure you book the trip up to the mountains to Mochus Village good value for money and you will see the real greek life, the other happy train trips are okay if you need to cool down and want to get in the breeze. BBQ trip to Sissi good value too if you book in the travel agents right nxt to apartments and not with the travel reps!"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of July 2009

terrible time

"Firstly I have to agree with Mr Spencers review. My partner and I stayed here last year and I can honestly say that our time at these appartments were the worst we have ever experienced.
On arrival we was given the room closest to the pool and for the first couple of nights everything was fine, On the third night we was awoken by hoards of drunken yobs around 6am.We put this down to first night excitement, probably their first holiday without mummy and daddy? But on the next night this continued with them shouting, jumping in the pool smashing bottles etc,We asked the rep to have a quiet word with them,but then it happened on the next night but worse.My partner and I had enough, we hadnt slept for 3 days. We asked the rep if we could be moved, but they replied with " we will have another word" Wrong answer we moved that day to another hotel at our expense and no help from Olympic.We do like a lively resort as we have been to Falaraki twice Kardamena 4 times and Laganas but we have never eperienced lager louts who do not respect others who are trying to sleep..
Stalis is a great resort and we are retuning this year but we are not stopping in the anemi and we will never travel with Olympic again."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of June 2009

Good value holiday!!

Good

"This is the first time I have ever been to anywhere in Greece, and I was not sure what to expect...especially with the variety of reviews that I had read!!

Myself (18) and my partner (20) were both extremely satisfied!

I didnt pay much at all for my holiday and in my opinion was a darn good bargain. I recommend anyone to book the holiday through Thomas Cook!

I honestly believe that staying in this accomodation is worth double what we paid.

The rooms were cleaned daily..
Although the rooms were small and basic themselves, there was a kettle (a bit dodgy as was no on/off switch), hob (which was left turned on when we arrived so the room had its own heatwave), plenty of cutlary, kitchen sink with bowl, and a fridge/freezer.

The bathrooms were tiny, but hey.. how long are you gonna be in that shower for?! The floor did seem to flood however, as the curtain was slightly short, but it soon drained away!
Oh and one more thing about the bathroom..watch your head while your in the shower if the window is left open...it really does hurt if you smack your head on it as I found out!! (The window opens inwards over the shower!)

The bedroom consisted of 2 tables (one for doing your make-up and one for eating off), a mirror (to pose with your tan in), 2 single beds, 2 bedside tables, a wardrobe big enough for 2, all your kitchen bits, a balcony and aircon...the aircon was not overly cheap but believe me you need it in there!!

The balcony also had table and chairs outside...was lovely to sit out on at night with a drink or two when it cools down a bit! My view from the balcony was out the back of the apartments but I wouldnt be able to slate anything about it..had a nice view of the mountains and could see a tiny bit of the sea!! Was a beautiful sight!

The swimming pool is nice, always seemed clean (apart from when a group of loud-mouth teenagers arrived and managed to smash a glass in it!) ..however the hotel staff were soon to clear it up. There are approx 20ish sunloungers around it and guess what...I didnt notice 1 german towel on it haha!! But seriously, all the guests there were english which is always a bonus (no offence to anyone) ..but you know what I mean right?! :D

The location is great, the beach is literally across the road, you just have to weave your way in through the side entrance on opposite hotels but they dont mind! Stalis is not that lively (I'd recommened it for families with young children, or older couples), however Malia next door is approx a 20min walk, or if you hire a quad bike as we did, it took 3ish mins! Was great fun (But watch out for some of the other idiots). There were a couple of clubs that were doing deals on drinks but not many at all..Malia is the place to be if you want happy hours! The food there was lovely, especially in one restaurant that I cant remember the name of we tried something Greek.. Lamb Kleftiko.. it is beautiful!!

Excursions.. I visited the aquapark (there are two choices but one is bigger and better) great value for 21Euros and superb fun, I went on a BBQ cruise around 1/4 of the island, we stopped off in a beautiful surrounding and ate, i think that only cost about 25euros, we had a chinese massage on the beach (it certainly relaxed me until she put her fingers in my ears as some kind of therapy :S apart from that is was good) and I also hopped onto a banana boat for the first time...woooo!!!

The Rose and Crown pub is great, really friendly staff especially Manos and Yanis! Also the Sunday roasts are not to be missed ha! Yummy..it tasted better than my mums!!

The price of meals / drinks is probably the same as you would pay here, so be prepared to get saving plenty for your spending money!

The little souvenier shops were lovely, they certainly have more than enough!

Although the beach looked beautiful with its hot white sand, dont go out too far in the sea...we didnt realise how far we got dragged out until the lifeguard had to perform a rescue (was scary when we realised how far away we were & how much we were dragged towards the rocks).. its just a pre-warning and I'm sure you will be fine, so do not panic!! But apart from the current of the sea, if you stay reasonably close to the shore its fantastic!! Really nice and clean!!
Also watch out for the doughnut man who walks up and down selling them for 2Euros, they're massive!!

Overall I think who ever stays in the Anemi Apartments will enjoy the accomodation as it clean, and set in a great location!

Have a lovely holiday as my partner and I did! :)"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of October 2008

Firstly...Olympics are the WORST tour op...

"Firstly...Olympics are the WORST tour operators...that said...

In Anemi Apartments we had a great time. The area where this is located is brillant. It is suitable for families and young couples. It's not to far from Malia if you wanted the clubbing night and the main part of beach road basically come on the left hand side of your doorstep. The staff and owners are very friendly. They are always willing to help you and cater for you in any way possible at all time.

The location is brilliant...The beach is less than a 2 minute walk and the main strip basically starts from outside as you walk out. There are many restaurants, bars and supermarkets, ideal for self catering. Everyone is friendly out there and haven't got a bad thing to say about anyone.

A very well recommended place to stay if you're looking for good accommodation with very helpful people."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of September 2008

We paid £2000 for 2 adults and 3 childr...

"We paid £2000 for 2 adults and 3 children for one week in the Anemi apartments and were very disappointed. This is not a place to stay with children, the pool is deep and the pool area is very slippery. The accomodation is very basic. One of the rooms we were given was only just big enough for 2 people but an extra bed had been put in, which made it very cramped. Also, even though there were then 3 people in the room, we were still only given 2 cups, 2 dishes, 2 plates etc.
It was also very noisy until about one in the morning, so there is no way you can get the kids to bed before that time. Also, you have to pay extra for air conditioning, and considering the amount we had paid for the week, this was a bit much.
We booked this through Olympic Holidays, and had to check out for 12 o'clock lunchtime on the Friday even though our flight was not until 6.45 Saturday morning, so we had no choice but to pay the extra to stay in the room, creating more expense. On arriving at the airport we then had a 14 hour delay, with no sign of an Olympic Rep.
We will not be returning to the Anemi apartments and will definatly not be booking through Olympic Holidays again."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2008

Just got back from the Anemi apartments...

"Just got back from the Anemi apartments in Stalis.
We visited Stalis 5 years ago and the place itself is absolutely fantastic. There is an abundence of bars and loads of restaurants. Entertainment in the bars is limited to pub quizzes and bingo with most offering very good cash prizes. There are a few good Irish Pubs with some playing live music.
On the downside we must have a groan about both Olympic Holidays and The Anemi Apts.
I am 42 and my wife is 35. We prefer fairly lively places which is why we chose Stalis but equally we prefer to avoid the madness that is Malia.
Apart from ourselves there were only 2 more couples at the Anemi. The rest of the guests were made up of large groups of teenage lads which made relaxing by the pool all but impossible. We ended up using the pool across the road at Christiana Beach.
The groups of Lads staying at the Anemi had come to Crete to visit Malia and were told that the Anemi was only a 5 minute walk from Malia centre. They soon found out that they had been mis-sold their holiday. Malia is a good 30 to 40 minute walk from the Anemi. We learnt from several apartment owners that Malia had been over-booked so the tour operators were putting large groups of lads in apartments toward the Malia end of Stalis.
No one was happy about this. The bar owners, the accommodation owners, the restaurant owners and most importantly the people who were there to visit Stalis.
Most nights when the clubs had turfed out in Malia the lads would return home and the trouble would begin. Most mornings our pool area looked like a bombsite with broken bottles, broken plant pots and vomit. Our sympathy went to the cleaners who do work vey hard.
Funnily enough we do not blame the lads (we ourselves were that age not too long ago).
They had come to Crete to party but had been lied to about the location of their accommodation.
Apparantly this is happening more and more often at this end of Stalis so we would recommend looking at accommodation toward Stalis centre. Obviously it would be much better if tour operators would stop being greedy and mis-selling holidays. It won't be long before they ruin a fantastic resort.
We must recommend The Britannia bar which is without doubt the best pub in Stalis, the food in the Britannia is head and shoulders above the rest (which is high praise as there are some excellent restaurants) and the prices are the most competitive we found. Take time to chat to owner Billy who is one of the nicest people we have met on our trips to Stalis.
Most reviews of the Anemi recommend the Rose and Crown which we admit is very very good if not a little pricey but you will be missing out if you do not give the breakfast a try at the Britannia (better and cheaper). Our evening meals also at the Britannia were always perfect. They serve most traditional English pub meals along with some suberb greek dishes and the prices are just as good.
We cannot critisise any of the bars/restaurants but the Britannia stood out to us and lots of others.
The Spinalonga BBQ trip is a great day out but don't book with Olympic as they charge over 50 euros. Most of the street agents do the trip for around 32 euros.
Finally, the pool at the Anemi is over 1.4m deep at the shallow end so is totally unsuitable for children.

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

As with all our Thomson holidays had a v...

Good

"As with all our Thomson holidays had a very good time, weather, and accommodation great.

Staff friendly apartments very clean, pool nice always plenty of sun beds. The apartments are situated at the back of the Rose and Crown pub, food was very good and also good value for money. We eat at the pub a few good times; also one of our more traditional places to eat was the Sun taverna.

Only had one bad meal this was at the Coach and Horses, our favourite bar was the Africa bar, lovely cocktails and beautiful sea views. Go meet Dejon watch him spin bottles in the air see his big smile and have lots of fun.

Will return to Stalis someday but would like to see a few more places first.

Mal and John West Midlands."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of October 2007

These are great apartments, been 3yrs in...

"These are great apartments, been 3yrs in a row and already booked for next year.

They are kept very clean and the maids go in every other day. There is a small pool but the only down side there is no shallow end, well there is but it is about 5 foot.

All the staff are very friendly, and there is the family run pub The Rose and Crown at the front of the apartments on the main road which are all owned by the same family.

Although Stalis main street is busy with lots of Tavernas we have never had problems with noise on a night yes you do get some but not as to disturb our nights.

There are lots and I mean lots of eating places and each and everyone is fantastic you will be spoiled for choice.

The beach is not far at all, in front of the apartments is the pub on the main road cross that and go through the hotel gardens opposite and your there about 60-70yrds.

Our ages are late 40s no children, and though we enjoy our nights out we do like to be in bed for around 12pm-1am just to give you an idea of our needs."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of October 2007

I've just got back from a 2 weeks holida...

"I've just got back from a 2 weeks holiday in Stalis and it has been one of my favourite trips to Greece. I've been to Greece 13 times and this was my first time in Crete. I went with my friend and my parents (I'm 17).

We stayed at the Anemi and like all other apartments I've stayed in, it's pretty basic, but you can't exactly expect luxuries can you? They were very clean and a kettle and toaster were provided (much to the joy of my parents!). One toilet roll was provided and from then you had to buy your own which was fair enough. A safety deposit box and air conditioning is available in each room although you have to pay to use them, I'm sure it was 100 euro for the 2 weeks.

The pool area is nice although the pool is very deep even at the shallow end, I'm 5'6" and the shallow end came up to my chin! Other than that, very clean.

I only went to the Rose & Crown pub about twice, but must say the food is very nice. Lots of facilities in there including internet access and pool table.

There are lots of lovely restaurants to eat in and I'd recommend The Red Lion if you're looking for a relaxed evening, or Bar Bliss which is right next door for a livelier one (this bar is for younger people)! Further up the road is an Irish bar called Dwyer's, where Big Brian the human jukebox performs every night!

Basically Stalis is a lovely resort and I can't really fault it!.One thing for sure is I'll be returning next year!

• Travel date: Fri 17th of August 2007

One word - Wow! The studios are quite...

"One word - Wow!

The studios are quite small and basic, but it’s not as if you do more than sleep and get ready in there anyway! You get a kettle, a 2-ring hob and a toaster (watch out for the toaster, it gets really hot on the outside, I burnt myself about 3 times on it) which was enough for us, as we ate at the Rose and Crown every day! It's right in front of the apartments, owned by the same people and serves great food for cheap prices! We never had any complaints about the food there.

The bathroom flooded every time you went in for a shower, but it was mopped up by the maids (who always done a great job!). Towels were changed every 2nd day I think, the bins emptied every day.

The Anemi apartments were right in the middle of the resort centre - just to your left as you come out of the apartments there’s a great cocktail bar, and about 5 minutes down the road you get to bar bliss, which is a good place to start a night out!

We started off there then got a taxi into Malia (7 Euros, and if you squeeze 5 of us in the taxi the man charges 10 Euros - how safe I know ha-ha) and the taxi only takes about 5 minutes.

So ... Not much else to say! I'd recommend the Anemi apartments to anyone - really clean, basic, close to everything you need for your holiday, oh, and the weather is amazing!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

The Anemi apartments were very good for...

Good

"The Anemi apartments were very good for location as it was situated near all the bars and tavernas so we didn’t have to walk far to get to the beach or amenities.

The rooms themselves were pretty basic and you had to supply your own toilet paper! Also I found the swimming pool was very small but when you look at it on the internet it gives the illusion that it is quite big.

The Rose and Crown pub next door was very nice though especially the English breakfast which was very good for all the hangovers! All in all the Anemi apartments were ok but I think they are more suited for families with children.

• Travel date: Fri 8th of June 2007

Hotels near Anemi Apartments

Stayed at Anemi Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Anemi Apartments

• Carolyne B by Carolyne B

"We went with jet 2.com an I would recommend them and to go on trips while ur there "

Anemi Apartments is also called