About Anastasia Hotel

• billiards
  • entertainment staff
  • karaoke
  • mini golf
  • indoor play area for children
  • kids outdoor play equipment

Good
Good

Anastasia the Fantasic

Reviewed Mon 30th of September 2013

"We have had yet another great relaxing holiday at the Anastasia. However for the benefit of those who may not have read any of my previous posts, I will spend a bit of time in depth describing what has us coming back every year to spend my holiday with the Anastasia family.

The hotel is situated at the side of the Old National Road which can be very busy, but between the road and the hotel is a service road, the free covered car parking; the free kids play area, and a line of trees, so the road noise is minimal. The hotel is fully contained so there is no danger to children. Crossing the road could not be safer, as there is a well-lit, well maintained underpass. This allows safe passage down to the beach road. The position of the hotel is mid-way between two bus stops, which allows great access to the rest of this beautiful Island, on what is a very good bus service.

Hotel Layout. The hotel is laid out in six blocks in between which are some well-maintained lovely gardens. There are four pools, two kids and two adults. A pool bar with its own seating, a covered seated area in which can be found the pool table and table football game. This area also has a large TV screen. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating. Close to the restaurant is a mini market in the form of vending machines providing all sorts of items from milk, sweets,biscuits,cigarettes to blow up Lilos. Great if you run short of something, negating the need to go down to the nearest supermarket.
Other communal areas include reception, an indoor lounge, (another TV), with a balcony, and it is this area that you will find a PC to give you access to the Internet if you have not brought your own device to utilize the free Wi-Fi. Not forgetting the children’s play area, which is ideal for families with young children.

Hotel Accommodation. Having visited this hotel many times, we have experienced several different rooms, and each time we have enjoyed the free air conditioning, and the free use of a fridge, not forgetting the TV. The rooms, as is the rest of the hotel, always kept very clean.

Hotel Food. The food is excellent; Chef produces a 14 day menu, with around 70 choices daily. I have to say at this point, if you are looking for typical British holiday fare in the form of pie and chips, fish and chips etc. etc. then this is the wrong place for you. There are plenty of International meals, as well as Greek dishes.

Hotel Staff. I have saved the best bit for last. The staff is undoubtedly this hotels greatest asset. They give you a typical warm friendly welcome and believe me when I say that they are very genuine in that regard. Unlike many parts of Spain where you receive the College manufactured welcome, this group of people are genuine and will do their utmost to make you feel welcome. I can honestly say that I feel like part of their family every time I visit. If you encounter any problem whilst here, do not hesitate to take it to the staff and they will try their utmost, within reason, to solve it. Do not be like some others that wait to they get home then post a bad review, without ever giving the staff the chance to rectify any issues. That is a coward’s way.

All these points combine to guarantee a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere and ultimately a relaxed and enjoyable holiday.

PS. Note how many times I used the word FREE.

PPS. The large amount of holiday makers that come here are repeat guests, ask yourself why?

• Travel date: Sat 28th of September 2013

A truly special place...

Reviewed Wed 12th of September 2012

"Just got back from 10 days in Crete, staying at the Anastasia Hotel in Stalis. Chose the hotel rather randomly as the name appealed... couldn't have found a better place. Staff - incredible, friendly, helpful, fab sense of humour. So attentive and kind, I felt like I was part of one big happy family. The hotel itself caters for families, couples, friends travelling together (I was there with my friend - girly 10 day holiday - wish it had been at least a 2weeker!). We were half-board, breakfast buffet is superb, and the evening buffet is also excellent. Plenty of different dishes to cater for all tastes. A weekly schedule of evening entertainment from 9.30pm (with a kiddies disco a little earlier). The hotel is very clean, has everything you need whilst away from home, our room was very comfortable and the team of housekeeping ladies do a great job and are very sweet and cheerful. Well I guess that's if you're cheerful yourself of course, which I like to think I am... Don't go there if you are someone who just complains about everything, people who go away and then right horrible reviews are just haters and time wasters. I think the hotel is top notch, probably as it feels full of love. Thank you to everyone who made my first time in Crete a truly special one, I am so happy and felt so cared for - can't wait to go back next year and hope that I can take my 83yr old grandmother, who is the reason I went to Crete as she went there in her younger days, with my mum and her husband also. I wish this place the best in life as again I say it really is a special place to be. You can lounge by the pool, you can walk to the little strip of shops and restaurants within 5-10minutes, we went on a boat trip and snorkelled, we visited Knossos, an ancient palace dating back to 6000BC discovered, bought and subsequently partially restored (not a sacrilege in my eyes as much is left untouched) by a gentleman called Arthur Evans, think in the 1920s(???). We also fell in love with horses again as we found a horse-riding trip run by a lovely chap called Nikos, you can do a two hour ride which we did as beginners to reintroduce ourselves - couple of days later we went on the longer trip 5½hrs into the mountains (not for wimps, physical and high up - breathtakingly so - best views!!!) - you have a couple of stops, one in an olive grove with a little chapel where the wind sings magically through the pine trees, the next stop about an hour later (after galloping along winding ancient country roads) is in a very old village in the mountains called Mahos where we tether the horses and sit at a taverna for refreshements. There's an orthodox church, it's a lovely place to see as very authentic. There's a little corner shop and another selling some souvenirs - not tacky though! Anyway, for anyone reading this (sorry it's all one long paragraph), I hope you find it all as wonderful as my friend and I did - I wish you a very happy holiday!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of September 2012

Another great holiday

Reviewed Thu 17th of May 2012

"We are regular visitors to this lovely hotel, and for good reasons. it is great value for money, Stalis is a nice wee resort, Crete is a welcoming place, but most of all Michael and his staff create the perfect atmosphere for a relaxing, stress free holiday. "

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2012

You must definately choose ANASTASIA HOTEL

Reviewed Mon 6th of February 2012

"This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I would strongly recommend Anastasia Hotel for everyone, who wants to feel like at home and get everything what you need with good relax and high quality.
The hotel is situated in a very nice place with hills behind and sea ahead. There were beautiful gardens everywhere, cleanliness and friendly staff all the time around you that couldn't be even better. The main manager Michail is the best manager in the world lucky to have them in the best hotel in Greece, because he can solve any problem, is very professional, polite and helpfull all the time. The room we had was very nice and capacious, we slept very good as there were good isolation from any noise.
The food was very tasty and variable. There were FREE shows every evening like Dancing Girls, Mistic Men, Greek Night, Karaoke and other...
It was very spectacular and unforgetable memories of this vacations. I would definately come back again !
I know now the Hotel to stay in, once on the island of Crete !
I would recommend Anastasia hotel for everyone who wants to have unforgetable vacations !

• Travel date: Sat 4th of February 2012

Fantastic Again

Reviewed Thu 13th of October 2011

"Great time was had by all once again. met some great folks which added to the overall enjoyment. I laughed so much my sides were sore. All the staff were once again brilliant. Food, Room, Public areas everywhere can not be faulted. What is its secret. Well if I could put my finger on it I would bottle it and flog it on E-BAy. visit number 5 is already well into its planning stage."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of October 2011

Fabulous holiday again

Reviewed Sun 25th of September 2011

"Only our second visit to this hotel,and not our last,all the staff and mike the owner are excelent,it feels like a home from home.We found all the Cretan people wonderful"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of September 2011

chill out hol

Reviewed Wed 17th of August 2011

"4 adults age from 24 to 55 only one regret stopped for one week only june 2011 will return if not this year def next for as many other customers at this hotel it is very pleasent and relaxing due to the staff who run this place as a team many thanks to all. inc mike "

• Travel date: Wed 27th of July 2011

Reviewed Tue 26th of July 2011

"We were a party of 6 guys all in our Mid twenties, I will mention at this point the Anastasia is definitely geared towards families and couples.. I just picked the hotel because of the location and brilliant reviews i had read and they certainly lived up to all expectations, we at times probably weren't the quietest or easiest guests and their treatment of us never changed from arrival and speaking to a very helpful mike who checked us in and to all the staff that we saw on a daily basis, helpful, polite, hard working and all very approachable. We were half board and even though we didn't often make breakfast, the evening buffet meal was always very nice, and always had something different.The weather was stunning and a special mention to the owner Michael who is definitely in the right profession and does a brilliant job managing the place. good laugh/good guy! The rooms were modern, cleaned daily, small television but who needs t.v in stalis. Recommend to all! "

• Travel date: Thu 21st of July 2011

Overated

Reviewed Tue 17th of April 2012

"Hotel is ok but not as brilliant as many people say on the various review sites. Rooms are ok pool area small but adequate. Beer prices were a rip off at 3.50 euros in town much lower and not watered down as the owner claims on other site replies. Some of the staff lovely others were thoroughly miserable maybe it was us but guess our tips were not big enough for them. Resort fairly run down not alot to do apart from usual bars. We will return because it is relaxing but not to this hotel. Number 1 Hotel? whats the others like?"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of February 2011

Wow

Reviewed Mon 1st of November 2010

"Just returned from a week in this fab hotel, the only thing im dissapointed in is why i didnt book for longer.
We had a brilliant time, the rooms are great, fridge and aircon are free, very spacious and clean.
The pool area and bar area was great loads of sunbeds and plenty to do for evert age, fantastic for kids.
The food was lovely loads to choose from and piping hot, enjoyed every meal.
The staff where very nice and helpfull.
The family who run this hotel are very nice.
Overall we have had a brilliant holiday and will be returning the most relaxing and enjoyable holiday ever, thankyou to everyone at anastasia.
Recommend this hotel to everyone
Nicola Nathan and Brenda x"

• Travel date: Sun 31st of October 2010

anastasia hotel

Reviewed Fri 22nd of October 2010

"just returned from 1 week in the Anastasia and the reviews are spot on,the people who run this hotel are superb,so helpful and friendly all the time,the entire hotel is so clean and tidy,the rooms are looked after every day and the food changes every day and to suit all tastes,10 mins walk to beach and very quiet at night ,top marks to all the staff ,recommend this to anyone who wishes a quiet relaxing holiday with exceptional service"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of October 2010

Oh My God !!!

Reviewed Mon 18th of October 2010

"Left a week ago from this Hotel and i still can not believe it i booked already for next year !
That will be then our 3rd time in the same place for me and my family. We have travelled all around the world and never been back to a place even twice !
Best Staff we ever met, cleanest Hotel ever, superb rooms and swimming pools, fre air con and fridge in the rooms and the food is out of this world !
I have seen a comment in another review regarding food and i couldn't believe what i was reading....Food is served very,very Hot and there is even a microwave to use if you need it hoter BUT i have not seen anyone using it in my fortnight stay !!
Bar prices are excellent and much lower from any other Hotel we have stayed in Europe. The atmosphere in the Hotel is amazing and the view around the Bar overlooking the swimming Pools and surrounded by Trees is just Fantastic !!! The service, Quantity and Quality of drinks is superb and can not be compared with the bars in the resort which sell very cheap drinks.....Well done Manos !
A big Thanks to Michael and his amazing team !
See you next year !
M. Pescara and Family !"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of October 2010

Hotels near Anastasia Hotel

Top traveller tips for Anastasia Hotel

• Wee Boab by Wee Boab

"Stalis is a very good resort and the people are genuinely friendly, not like you may find in Spain . "

• Wee Boab by Wee Boab

"The choice of restuarants makes it difficult to single out one, Knossos is a must "

• Sudoweb by Sudoweb

"Bars Bars and more bars "

• Sudoweb by Sudoweb

"The food at the hotel was more than sufficient - didn "

• Mac by Mac

"The restaurant at The Anastasia Hotel and Mambo restaurant near by are exelent "

• Wee Boab by Wee Boab

"Cretan hospitality at its very finest "

• luckydog93 by luckydog93

"A good family run hotel, like home from home, you are made welcome the minute you arrive "

• munrobies by munrobies

"for a first holiday to crete with a family -perfect choice "

• Daddy by Daddy

"go out explore there's plenty of great beaches restaurants and things to do "

• Gintarele by Gintarele

"Great shows every evening, very nice location with hills behind and sea ahead, cleanliness, good service and attention all the time. "

• Bob A by Bob A

"No need to any more than turn up, and let the Anastasia do the rest "

• NathalieStClair by NathalieStClair

"Enjoy it, unwind, go with the flow and let the happiness take over "

• Bob A by Bob A

"Just go and enjoy the atmosphere "

Anastasia Hotel is also called