Driades Apartments

Fantastic views

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"just got back from a weeks holiday in the driades apartments in piskopiano,crete and i can tell you that a week was not enough. The apartments are basic but have everything you need and there is the most fantastic view over looking the sea and surrounding area which you can enjoy from your room. The swiiming pool area is lovely with pleny of sun beds and umbrellas. There is a poolside snack bar with terrific views for you to enjoy whilst having your breakfast or lunch. A good variety of snacks are on offer and the english breakfast I can highly recommend ,it has evrything including black pudding. The owners of hese apartments spend the majority of the day looking after you and ensuring you have a good time. The staff are also really good particularly Phillip who is English/Greek. The only critisism of these apartments is the cleaning regime which in our case was non existant as we had to ask to have fresh towels and bed linen. The apartments are situated up quite a steep mountain so you do have to have a good level of fitness to stay here although going downhill is easy and only a five minute walk in to Piskopiano and Koutolafari and twenty minutes to Hersonniosos. The resort of Piskopiano and Koutolafari are typically Greek with an excellent selection of tavernas and a few bars which are quite lively but not over the top. The level of service in every taverna we ate at was first class as was the food and I can honestly say we did not have a bad meal the whole time we were there. I cannot comment on Hersonissos as we did not visit this area although, the youngsters staying at our apartments tell me it is fantastic with plenty of night life pretty much like blackpool, and going on the fact that they would be arriving home after a night out at about the time I was going for my breakfast I would have to agree with them. All in all I would recommend these apartments for a family holiday, but bearing in mind blackpool is only 20mins away so you may get an overspill of youngsters who cannot get accomodation closer to the night life."

• Travel date: 12th July 2008