Pyrgos Beach Hotel

1 Loui Spirou, Malia, Crete 700 07 Greece

Good

AMAZING

"We have been going to Malia for years. It is a crazy place and people who expect english perfection when going to Greece especially Malia are idiots.
This year we stayed at The Pyrgos with our 2 children 7 and 2 years old. This is probably the best hotel we have stayed in in Malia, the rooms are basic but they are clean you have everything you need, the cleaners do a great job, the cook is amazing nothing is too much trouble and Tony is a great laugh behind the bar. Toula the manager is a lovely lady who will help with anything and everything. The hotel has 2 swimming pools a small one for children and a larger one but safe enough for the kids to go in as well. The Hotel is directly on the beach which you can walk down into the crazier part of Malia within minutes. Its also situated far enough away from the loudest parts of Malia which means you get to sleep at night. The security guard who is there all night is very helpful and ensures that any roudy people on the beach are moved on.
I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.
The only downfall to our holiday was the Thomas Cook rep who was non existent but that is not the hotels fault. Great holiday booked to come back next year already cant wait to be here again."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of June 2012

never again

"Pyrgos Beach Hotel Apartments stayed in this hotel few years ago was ok basic but was ok this year went was the worst holiday of my life the room were dirty the bed were rock hard the was was bad and the staff well the guy behind the bar(tony) was only interest if u were under 30 think this hotel is now 18/30 hotel this was the worst holiday ever had the food was not good the plates were all broken and chip and cups the rep was as good as wet teabag stay away from this please i wont be back "

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of June 2012

pyrgos appartments

"just got back and would just like to thank toula and tony for all they did for us. Had it not been for them my holiday would have been ruined. They stepped in when the holiday company let us down, nothing was too much trouble. Anyone thinking of a holiday in malia should definately try the pyrgos.Ideally situated the rooms are basic but clean,cleaners were always pleasant,food was excellent but stopped serving at 6pm otherwise we would have eaten there a lot more and overall was a brilliant holiday. Would certainly stop there again if i ever go back to malia "

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2011

Amazing Holiday!!

"I went on holiday with one of my friends as a last minute holiday and it was Amazing...the best holiday ive ever had! The Hotel was great and in a great location right on the beach! The views were incredible...if your hardcore enough to stay up til 6am then do it to watch the sunrise across the sea...its truely amazing!! The room we stayed in was great there was only 2 of us and we got a massive room with two seperate rooms with 4 beds...we had a room for the kitchen and with 2 beds and a table in and then had a seperate bedroom ajoining it with 2 more beds in...it was great! And we got 2 Balconys which were both realy big! The food was good there...what you would expect for where you are and good prices too! Love the 24 hour bar too and tony is great and very helpful!....Not long walk to go to the strip either but far enough away to not hear all the nightlife! I really recommend The Brassuire resterant opposite McDonalds...its lush! The staff at the hotel was good...the maid did a nice job too.
Am going to go back next summer (2011) and go for a few months...love it in Malia! Truely great!! x"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of June 2010

top stop

"This was our second year running and it was just as good as last year. Tony and the rest of the staff are fantastic and the pool and views are great too. Their food to al;ways good and dont miss ehe greek nlght , ( magic night ) . Take ONE step from the garden and you are on the beech and in september we are coming back , cant wait."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of July 2009

This was my first ever holiday abroad, t...

"This was my first ever holiday abroad, the first hotel of my choice, but to be honest I hardly read a thing about this hotel before going and we were just very lucky when we got there to find it is pretty much on the beach! We opened our bedroom door in the morning to an amazing view, we couldn't believe it.

The only bad thing about this hotel was how flooded the bathroom floor got after a shower, and one night we had a lizard on our wall! Looking back though, the lizard thing is just a funny memory and we managed to scare it off by hitting the wall near it. Apart from that everything about the apartment was great. The hotel was great too, decent pool, loads of sunbeds, friendly bar staff, decent food, right on the beach, amazing room view. We ate breakfast at the hotel everyday even though our board was self catering! The hotel is in a decent location, probably a 10 minute walk from the main strip of Malia so it's easy to walk there and back even when you're really drunk.

I'd reccommend this hotel to anyone, and if I was ever gonna go back to Malia I'd stay there again!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

Hotels near Pyrgos Beach Hotel

Stayed at Pyrgos Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Pyrgos Beach Hotel

• BILLYAT by BILLYAT

"great fun with loys to do "

• BILLYAT by BILLYAT

"red lion , molly mallones , crazy golf , go carts and jeeps tour "

• AbbieLou x by AbbieLou x

"Its Amazing...you must go there! "

• Georgina C by Georgina C

"Stay here you will love it!! "

Pyrgos Beach Hotel is also called