Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel

Panetiou 26 Medieval City, Rhodes Town 851 00 Greece

we stayed in the nikos hotel in august w...

"we stayed in the nikos hotel in august we had an absolutely fabb time. All the staff was really friendly and made us feel welcome, i would most def go back there. We had the best rep ever TANIA. "

• Travel date: Wed 16th of April 2008

Used the NIKOS as our base en route to t...

"Used the NIKOS as our base en route to the european cup final in athens . never went on holiday as such , but gotta say we would have no hesitation to go back to the nikos .(in fact just booked it for 30th may 2008) The owners are extremely friendly and helpful . Hotel itself has great pool area and drinks and snacks are reasonably priced . 10 minute walk to main strip , vast array of bars and restaurants await . Enjoyed the GALAXY bar at top of strip (not least because the polish bird who works there was gorgeous ! ) All in all anyone booking or has booked this hotel will no dobt ave a boss holiday!! THE 4 RED SCOUSERS !"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of March 2008

Went to Malia as a couple in 2007. My 21...

"Went to Malia as a couple in 2007. My 21st birthday, boyfriend is 25. Went for a week and thought that Crete was a great place. This holiday states 18-30, we were the oldest people there by the looks of things bar a group of lads around the same age. The rest of the idiots in the hotel where like a pack of 15-16 GCSE celebrating losers. I have been to both Ibiza and also Ayia Napa twice and loved the atmosphere. Everybody was really cool.... but here!!!! It was unbelievable a load of slags and tossers trying to get their ends away is not my idea of fun.

Hotel was basic but clean, room tidied every day (although the maids appeared to go through my clothes and arrange outfits on my bed for me?????!!!). Food was ok, but the other reviews about rats are scary. Bar was good but overpriced. Beautiful views, lovely pool and nice staff. The music was appalling! Every morning we had breakfast at the hotel, as soon as the fork hit the plate the music was so loud you had to shout to each other to be heard. The music was repetitive. We are not talking house or even decent dance, a load of people playing Akon etc over and over and over for 7 days solid.

The rep treated the whole group like ten year olds, forcing you to stand up and dance to the 'thunderclap' song which was so annoying it makes us feel ill just thinking about it. Go if your single and want a load of geordie slags who scream like a pack of inbreds. Don't go if you like decent music and have been to real party places. The hotel and its atmosphere is a complete clash, tone down the music and the morons and it would be great, not the right location for this kind of hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of January 2008

The staff are really friendly, the food...

Good

"The staff are really friendly, the food is really nice and decently priced, and the bar stays open practically all night which was really cool.

A taxi to the town and clubs was only like 7 euros as well, so between four of you it’s nothing. The rooms are pretty basic but are well looked after.

The reps we had when we were there were really good fun, getting everyone involved with activities and nights out etc. Tthe staff speak English so if you can’t find a rep you can always speak to a member of staff.

I’m definitely planning on going again sometime.

• Travel date: Thu 20th of December 2007

Second time I have stayed here and will...

"Second time I have stayed here and will definitely be going back! Amazing atmosphere, friendly staff, clean and comfortable!

The food is reasonably priced with plenty to choose from!

Make sure u get a taxi back from Malia on a night (or morning!!) as it’s about a 15 minute walk in poor light!

Make sure you read the brochure, there’s no fridge cos its bed and breakfast!!

Don’t expect to get much sleep because Nikos is a party hotel.

I’ll be back there next year!!

• Travel date: Wed 12th of September 2007

What a holiday! The hotel is amazing f...

"What a holiday!

The hotel is amazing for what you expect. That is a fact! If you looking forward to 5 star and the Ritz then you'll hate it, but if you go as what you expect at two star hotel you will be amazed!

Ok the rooms are basic, but on holiday they are only there for sleeping, so you won’t be in there much

The pool and bar area is what makes this hotel! Yannis and Elainy the bar staff/owners are the nicest people you will meet, they will do your every request and go out of their way for you!

Food and drink is cheap and tastes amazing! The free breakfast is not a breakfast be warned! It’s basically coco pops and sandwiches but hey... its free!

The pool is amazing and has a sound system all the way around so you can download your own music n groove by the pool!

Overall the hotel Nikos isn’t the best hotel in the world, but for the money you can’t go wrong!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

I’m just back a 2 week holiday in Mali...

"I’m just back a 2 week holiday in Malia! I loved it to bits! Hotel Nikos was such a friendly hotel they made us feel welcome from the night we arrived!

Yannis and George are lovely, really friendly people! The 24hr bar was very handy when you came in from a night out and didn’t want the drinking to stop.

The rooms are pretty basic but comfortable. We weren’t in our rooms very much so it didn’t really matter. The hotel was very clean the maid would tidy the room every day.

I loved the pool area. They have a computer where you can download your own music and listen to it whilst sunbathing, it was great!

Hotel Nikos is about a 10min walk from the strip and a 2min drive in a taxi. We just got a taxi every night coz it’s only 7 Euros. I would recommend hiring a quad bike whilst over there. We hired 1 the last 5 days and it was so much fun.

Overall hotel Nikos was brilliant! When I go back to Malia I will be booking to stay there again."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of July 2007

I’ve just got back from my weeks holid...

Good

"I’ve just got back from my weeks holiday in Malia about a week ago & to be quite honest when I first got there, I didn't like it as the rooms are very basic.

We had no hair dryer or fridge, which you get in most self catering hotels; we had no shower curtain so every time we had a shower the whole bathroom got flooded!

Our sheets weren't changed for the whole week we were there, despite half way through the week we ripped all the sheets off our beds & bundled them on the floor & they just stuck the same ones back on again (I’m not joking!)

The towels were changed once half way through the week but we ended up using some of them to soak up the water off the floor in the bathroom! Our view from our balcony was of 2 shacks & some half BBQ logs oh & a tractor!

We had bed & breakfast which was pretty basic just toast boiled eggs cheese & ham & 2 types of cereal but it was OK just to have a snack on. The menu was quite reasonably priced & the food was nice as well.

The hotel is run by a family who are really nice... George & Yiannis the bar men keep the bar open until the last person leaves which is rare that any one does.

They have TVs & they have a computer that you can down load music you want & make playlists so it can be played round the pool which was also a good idea.

The pool was really nice as well & we met a group of really nice people which really made the holiday.

We were a bit far out from the town & it costs 7 Euros each way to get to the town by taxi so me & my friend hired a quad bike which we highly recommend as we went everywhere on it & the petrol hardly went down!

We got it from a place called Extreme on the main strip & they do pink quad bikes which we had but it broke down a few times so we swapped it for a bigger one which was better! It costs about 35 Euros to rent it for the week & we paid 50 Euros for full insurance but they are doing deals now to rent it for a whole week with full insurance included for 35 Euros which is a great deal!!

But you need to wear your helmets as the police fine you 80 Euros if caught not wearing it!

The view from the top of the mountains are really cool & I recommend going up these if you get a quad bike.

Stalis is another part of Crete about a 15/20 min drive on the quad, was really nice & the beaches were really nice as well! We also went to another place called Si Si on the other side of Malia which had a really nice harbour.

Considering the hotel is very basic, it’s only a place to sleep & get ready in so will probably go back there next year, as the holiday its self was wicked & made up for the hotel, so will recommend if you only want a place to crash."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007

Just come back from holiday after stayin...

"Just come back from holiday after staying at Nikos hotel for 2 weeks. All I can say is what a holiday.

It’s a well run family hotel with Yanis and Elainy who will try their best to fulfil all your holiday needs. I had the best room in the hotel as I, along with my friend and 3 other people, were the first people to stay in the accommodation this season.

Yes the rooms are basic but they are kept clean every day the beds were made and the floors were swept. The hotel bar was open 24 hrs a day and the martini slush puppies and the dog’s bollocks cocktails were lush.

I must admit it could get a little bit too much some nights, but hey you’re on holiday.

I must say at first I thought OH MY GOD but I am telling you now, I am hopefully going back in September I loved it so much. The weather was lovely maybe not on the first day but it did hit 34 degrees and there was a slight breeze so it wasn’t too bad.

Jamie the escapades rep was quality, he was so helpful and even on his days off he would be around the hotel, always answering people’s questions or was just there for a chat if you wanted one.

All in all if you’re looking for a place to go with your friends and want to hit the town and just need a hotel to crash in and a pool to jump in, hotel Nikos is the one for you. As I have said I am already booking my next holiday back.

What a superb holiday and I look forward to going back."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2007

We have just come back from Malia 2 days...

"We have just come back from Malia 2 days ago and we all want to go back straight away. It was the best holiday ever!

The owner Yarnis is so funny I love him. The rep Carl is just amazing, the other rep Jamie is so funny they are both wicked.

The food is lush, the pool is amazing, the bar stays open till the last person leaves and we was all there still doing shots till 6am.

The rooms are good they are just basic but that’s all you need it for is somewhere to sleep. It is all about the tequila shots and 'sex on the beach' cocktails.

Fair play can you cope we loved it, lol, everyone should defo go to Malia and stay in the Nikos hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

The Nikos hotel is by far the best hotel...

"The Nikos hotel is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in; the staff are really friendly and hard working!

The pool is lush, the food is gorgeous the drinks are amazing I do advise "sex on the beach, the drink, lol and the dogs bollocks!

The hotel rooms are fine...it’s not the Hilton but I’m not fussy! Who needs a nice room when your hardly ever there anyway!

The reps are the best part of the holiday, Carl & Jamie.

And the owner of the hotel Yarnis! He’s amazing! He will serve you in the bar until you want to leave ....and I’m not joking!

The hotel Nikos is the best hotel ever I "can’t cope" with being home! Fairplay can you cope!"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

Wow what an amazing holiday, the hotel w...

"Wow what an amazing holiday, the hotel was exactly as expected, very basic.

The staff are all lovely and the night barman George was lovely and kept our drinks flowing till the morning.

The rep Ben made the holiday what it was, he was enthusiastic when he needed to be but let us chill if that’s what we wanted to do.

The whole atmosphere at the Nikos is very relaxed during the day (most of the time) and really lively at night.

The food was lovely, with excellent choice.

The walk to town is not as bad as people make it out to be, you are not walking along a main road a lot of the time as there is an off road area.

A taxi is well recommended for coming home on a night as the road gets very dark, it’s very reasonable though, 7 Euros on a night and 6 during the day.

The room was basic but hey you don’t go on holiday to sit in your room, especially not on an Escapades holiday!

We are going back this year and are counting down the days...we going to wear our Nikos t-shirts that Yani gave us...Nikos!

Go on "Treat Yourself" - Ben's words!"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of March 2007

Hotels near Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel

Stayed at Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel? Share your insight.