Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel

Panetiou 26 Medieval City, Rhodes Town 851 00 Greece

I’ve just got back from my weeks holid...

Good
Reviewed Sun 27th of May 2007

"I’ve just got back from my weeks holiday in Malia about a week ago & to be quite honest when I first got there, I didn't like it as the rooms are very basic.

We had no hair dryer or fridge, which you get in most self catering hotels; we had no shower curtain so every time we had a shower the whole bathroom got flooded!

Our sheets weren't changed for the whole week we were there, despite half way through the week we ripped all the sheets off our beds & bundled them on the floor & they just stuck the same ones back on again (I’m not joking!)

The towels were changed once half way through the week but we ended up using some of them to soak up the water off the floor in the bathroom! Our view from our balcony was of 2 shacks & some half BBQ logs oh & a tractor!

We had bed & breakfast which was pretty basic just toast boiled eggs cheese & ham & 2 types of cereal but it was OK just to have a snack on. The menu was quite reasonably priced & the food was nice as well.

The hotel is run by a family who are really nice... George & Yiannis the bar men keep the bar open until the last person leaves which is rare that any one does.

They have TVs & they have a computer that you can down load music you want & make playlists so it can be played round the pool which was also a good idea.

The pool was really nice as well & we met a group of really nice people which really made the holiday.

We were a bit far out from the town & it costs 7 Euros each way to get to the town by taxi so me & my friend hired a quad bike which we highly recommend as we went everywhere on it & the petrol hardly went down!

We got it from a place called Extreme on the main strip & they do pink quad bikes which we had but it broke down a few times so we swapped it for a bigger one which was better! It costs about 35 Euros to rent it for the week & we paid 50 Euros for full insurance but they are doing deals now to rent it for a whole week with full insurance included for 35 Euros which is a great deal!!

But you need to wear your helmets as the police fine you 80 Euros if caught not wearing it!

The view from the top of the mountains are really cool & I recommend going up these if you get a quad bike.

Stalis is another part of Crete about a 15/20 min drive on the quad, was really nice & the beaches were really nice as well! We also went to another place called Si Si on the other side of Malia which had a really nice harbour.

Considering the hotel is very basic, it’s only a place to sleep & get ready in so will probably go back there next year, as the holiday its self was wicked & made up for the hotel, so will recommend if you only want a place to crash."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2007

Just come back from holiday after stayin...

Reviewed Mon 21st of May 2007

"Just come back from holiday after staying at Nikos hotel for 2 weeks. All I can say is what a holiday.

It’s a well run family hotel with Yanis and Elainy who will try their best to fulfil all your holiday needs. I had the best room in the hotel as I, along with my friend and 3 other people, were the first people to stay in the accommodation this season.

Yes the rooms are basic but they are kept clean every day the beds were made and the floors were swept. The hotel bar was open 24 hrs a day and the martini slush puppies and the dog’s bollocks cocktails were lush.

I must admit it could get a little bit too much some nights, but hey you’re on holiday.

I must say at first I thought OH MY GOD but I am telling you now, I am hopefully going back in September I loved it so much. The weather was lovely maybe not on the first day but it did hit 34 degrees and there was a slight breeze so it wasn’t too bad.

Jamie the escapades rep was quality, he was so helpful and even on his days off he would be around the hotel, always answering people’s questions or was just there for a chat if you wanted one.

All in all if you’re looking for a place to go with your friends and want to hit the town and just need a hotel to crash in and a pool to jump in, hotel Nikos is the one for you. As I have said I am already booking my next holiday back.

What a superb holiday and I look forward to going back."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2007

We have just come back from Malia 2 days...

Reviewed Thu 10th of May 2007

"We have just come back from Malia 2 days ago and we all want to go back straight away. It was the best holiday ever!

The owner Yarnis is so funny I love him. The rep Carl is just amazing, the other rep Jamie is so funny they are both wicked.

The food is lush, the pool is amazing, the bar stays open till the last person leaves and we was all there still doing shots till 6am.

The rooms are good they are just basic but that’s all you need it for is somewhere to sleep. It is all about the tequila shots and 'sex on the beach' cocktails.

Fair play can you cope we loved it, lol, everyone should defo go to Malia and stay in the Nikos hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

The Nikos hotel is by far the best hotel...

Reviewed Thu 10th of May 2007

"The Nikos hotel is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in; the staff are really friendly and hard working!

The pool is lush, the food is gorgeous the drinks are amazing I do advise "sex on the beach, the drink, lol and the dogs bollocks!

The hotel rooms are fine...it’s not the Hilton but I’m not fussy! Who needs a nice room when your hardly ever there anyway!

The reps are the best part of the holiday, Carl & Jamie.

And the owner of the hotel Yarnis! He’s amazing! He will serve you in the bar until you want to leave ....and I’m not joking!

The hotel Nikos is the best hotel ever I "can’t cope" with being home! Fairplay can you cope!"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

Wow what an amazing holiday, the hotel w...

Reviewed Sat 10th of March 2007

"Wow what an amazing holiday, the hotel was exactly as expected, very basic.

The staff are all lovely and the night barman George was lovely and kept our drinks flowing till the morning.

The rep Ben made the holiday what it was, he was enthusiastic when he needed to be but let us chill if that’s what we wanted to do.

The whole atmosphere at the Nikos is very relaxed during the day (most of the time) and really lively at night.

The food was lovely, with excellent choice.

The walk to town is not as bad as people make it out to be, you are not walking along a main road a lot of the time as there is an off road area.

A taxi is well recommended for coming home on a night as the road gets very dark, it’s very reasonable though, 7 Euros on a night and 6 during the day.

The room was basic but hey you don’t go on holiday to sit in your room, especially not on an Escapades holiday!

We are going back this year and are counting down the days...we going to wear our Nikos t-shirts that Yani gave us...Nikos!

Go on "Treat Yourself" - Ben's words!"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of March 2007

Hotel Nikos is obviously the best place...

Reviewed Tue 20th of February 2007

"Hotel Nikos is obviously the best place to stay in malia. Me and my 3 mates from Manchester went there last summer and had the time of our lives.

The hotel staff were mint! Ben is clearly the best escapdes rep he has the tattoo to prove that. (Treat yourself)

The bar staff were amazing at the Nikos 24hr service, our good friend George worked the night shift you legend.

Yanni and elani ran the bar in the day n kept the pool and bar area clean and tidy and over all a top place to be in.

The food was nice as well the good old hangover cure of English bacon sorted me out a number of times, I can assure you.

I strongly suggest you go to the Nikos because you will have an amazing time.

I am going back to Malia again this year 07, but the Nikos is full so am staying else where we are gutted!"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of February 2007

I have been to many holidays organised b...

Reviewed Thu 18th of January 2007

"I have been to many holidays organised by 18-30 type operators and I have to say this was the worst.

The Escapades rep was rude and negative. We bought the full events package, only to find when on the bar crawl (1st event) the reps took us to the most expensive bars and nothing was FREE (not even a free shot).

So we decided to cancel all our events, as I don’t think they would be value for money unlike other tour operates event packages I have been on. When we asked for a refund the rep had a temper tantrum and basically had a go at us.

We only got a part refund of 80 Euros out of 160 (remember we bought are own drinks on the only event we went on).

Regarding the hotel well I have never stay in a more disgusting hotel. Staff were rude, I saw a rat swing into the kitchen, food was not up to standard, bed sheets not changed in the whole 10 days, towels the size of a flannel and to top it all off you had to pay 7euros each way to get into Malia or to closest supermarket - you couldn’t walk it as stated in brochure as it is on main road.

I would advise if you are thinking of going to Hotel Nikos - DON'T!"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of January 2007

Me and 3 mates went to Nikos last Octobe...

Reviewed Thu 18th of January 2007

"Me and 3 mates went to Nikos last October and although it was coming to end of season, the rep was completely negative the minute we arrived and told us all the places that were shut.

Then our rooms weren’t even near each others, even though the hotel was half full and the staff and rep were completely rude.

The rooms were complete dives! They say there is a radio - from the 1960's and it doesn’t even work, my room over looked a gorgeous farm!

And my friends overlooked the top of the bar/ kitchen, where we actually saw rats scurrying underneath the roof of the kitchen and running around!

Not to mention its ages away from Malia centre and 7Euros just to get there in a cab!

Worst hotel I have ever been to!"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of January 2007

unbelievable hotel !!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"I have to say that our stay there was out of this world !!!! Been a businessman and traveling constanly around the Condinent , i have never seen a hotel as beautiful, as luxury, in every aspet as nikos-takis fashion hotel. Has only 7 suites but that is what makes it so special and unique. The location is unreal !!!!! DO NOT loose an opportunity like this !!!! thanks to the owner elias for been so .... REAL"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of December 2006

A Christmas to remember....!!!

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"We were not sure in the beginning if it was a good idea to book a room especially at this time of the year, when normally tourists dont choose Greek islands in the winter time. We were not sure about the wheather, so we decided to book anyway, as soon as we saw the website with the fabulous rooms, and the amazing colours, the warm atmospehere you get when looking at them on the internet...we wanted to stay at this small boutique hotel so we can get a personal service and some quiet time to ourselves as we normally work a lot and dont have much time to give to ourselves..
We were told that there would be a christmas meal on the 24th but when we arrived, it seems that the plans were changed and the dinner was planned for the 25th instead as all the guests would be there, and the dinner would be with more of us. There wasnt anyone to help us with the suitcases for the moment as it is winter time, but the girl that worked there, Areti, offered and carried our suitcases for us and welcomed us with a warm liquer and then showed us to our room..
we were hungry and as it is winter time there were no restaurants open at that time to eat so the manager offered to take us to a restaurant near town, outside old town, but a good Greek traditional one. The meal was excellent and so was the breakfast.Great thanks to the breakfast lady, Nina who made those wonderful delicious breakfast meals for as long as we were there...
On the night of the 25th we had our christmas meal, which was free of charge it was part of the christmas deal, with very nice food and desserts, that the breakfast lady and the manager made together, and we are glad the dinner was then, as even though we didnt know each other, we were feeling we were having christmas in our house instead of a hotel, and the staff members made sure they would make everyone feel as comfortable as possible and at home. They also made a very nice salad, a Nikos Takis Salad, with a delicious sauce, which was also homemade. To conclude, we are glad we choose this hotel to have our christmas at, as it is a christmas we will remember forever, and one that we will keep in our hearts, especialy when everyone was so considerate of our needs, and made us feel so welcome, without disturbing us in the least, or making us feel uncomfortable. It is a great place to have some time yourselves and very romantic epsecially at night, when sitting outside to look at the view from the veranda. We would go there again and we recommend it to anyone that wants to have a holiday to remember for the rest of their lives...We want to thank very much the girls that did their best to make our stay a memorable one and also Mr Nikos and Mr Takis for having made such a hotel, which is more like a guest house, rather than a hotel...!!!All the best for the New Year to everyone, we are definitely coming back soon in the New Year."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of December 2006

This hotel was awful. Despite what MyTra...

Reviewed Thu 26th of October 2006

"This hotel was awful. Despite what MyTravel tell you, this is neither self catering (none of the rooms have any kitchen facilities), nor close to the strip - you are at least a 15min walk / 7euro taxi ride from the centre of Malia.

The bar is not open 24 hours a day. Yannis, the surly bar tender / owner closes the bar when he is tired and will even try to kick you out if you're still in the bar.

This hotel is very basic, one to be avoided at all costs."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Hotel Nikos was ace. The atmosphere was...

Reviewed Mon 16th of October 2006

"Hotel Nikos was ace. The atmosphere was great. Our rep was mega.

The only fault with the hotel is may be the rooms are a bit too basic. But hey you hardly see the room so let’s not complain.

Excellent if I ever go back to Malia I would definitely go back to The Nikos."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

Hotels near Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel

Stayed at Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel? Share your insight.