Pool area

Good
Good

Excellent, just got home and can't wait to go back !!

Reviewed 5th October 2011

"I have been to Crete 4 times now because I do love the island and the people, but I have to say the Newcastle Studio's are the best I have stayed in and can't wait to go back next year. The studio's are in a perfect location surrounded by fantastic taverna's/restaurants and yet only 5 mins walk in to the main area if you want the Malia Night life or larger supermarket. The whole family who run these studio's are fantastic, speak very good english and are extremely friendly. I certainly didn't see any agression, but I dare say that if anyone has seen that then it would be their own fault. George has to protect his business and at the end of the day, how would anyone like someone else coming into their home and not treating it with respect. It is their livelihood and with the Greek economy they have to protect themselves. I totally respect them and I have never been made to feel more welcome than I was with this family. The room was very clean and spacious with constant hot water and great views from the balcony. The pool area is fantastic, very clean and peaceful with a great poolside bar and free sunbeds and parasols. It is suitable for all age groups, close enough to all the action and far enough away for the tranquility. Absolutely fantastic, Thanks George, Yolande and the girls and see you next year, hopefully for 3 weeks next time. The only bad part about this holiday was having to come home!! "

• Travel date: 5th October 2011

Perfect!

Reviewed 3rd October 2011

"Just got back from staying there and couldn't fault it at all! Room was clean when we got there and bed sheets were replaced regularly! Pool area is clean with plenty of sunbeds, whilst the food is also nice and reasonably priced (€3.50 for english breakfast). Theres also internet access which is always handy. My mate managed to break a glass one day, and we informed them of it and they didnt make us pay which was very kind of them! Its about a 10minute walk to the strip but it doesnt really seem that far, especially when you're drunk! It also has a nice view over the mountains. Reading the other reviews about George being aggressive we didnt see any of this; on our first day we had our own water at the pool and he just took it off us and gave it back when wme left the pool. I think its important to get in his 'good books' so i recommend a few drinks at the brits bar in the evening which is fairly cheap, 4 jagerbombs for €10 or a beer and a shot for €3. There was however 2 problems with staying here. Firstly, the pool table wasnt flat! Secondly the cleaner came in at 11 everyday which was a bit of an early wake up call! Haha! We were told by other boys staying there that they had €400 stolen from their room, maybe by the cleaner, but you can get a safe which we payed €15 for for 10days, which is well worth it! One warning however, DONT GET QUADBIKES! It was our first lads holiday and we got drawn into the quadbike place by a pretty young girl before being handed over to a welsh man. After sweet talking us he offered 5 of us, a quad each for 10days for €10! stupidly we signed the contract! Immediately he changed intimidating us and saying that unless we payed another €140 for 'special insurance' our bikes. or us, would be damaged and we'd have to pay €3k!! He then told us horrible stories and when we said cant we just leave the quads with him he said no theyr yours now!! Inevitably we had to pay the money! Having read other similar stories and spoken to people in malia it seems we got let off lightly! All im saying is dont get quads theyr not worth it! However, overall we had an awesome time in Malia, and, aslong as you show George respect then Newcastle Studios is a great place to stay!! :)"

• Travel date: 11th July 2011

Never stay there

Reviewed 13th June 2011

"I would never stay in Newcastle apartments again. George the owner is a horrible man. We were not made aware of the no guests rule and so when we had a friend around he came into our room chased our friend out on this moped before punching him in the face. George then returned to my room where I was alone and shouted at me saying we had made damage to the room and demanded 100 euros from me. He then picked up a bed sheet and hit me with it. He then left my room so I went on the balcony for a cigarette when he continued to shout at me and told me I now owe him 130 euros and he said as soon as my friends were back we had to leave. So we did and we stayed with some friends. There was no way we were willing to stay there a minute longer. We are 3 19 year old girls and we very frightened by him. I would suggest that no one stays there or if you do expect the worst. Two lads staying down the corridor from us also left after 2 days because they felt like they were treated unfairly. George is not a nice man. Our toilet was also broke for the entire week and we only had a cleaner once and he refused to give us toilet roll. We spent as little time at the hotel as possible because we were scared to be there. It was just lucky for us we knew people out there who we could stay with otherwise we would have no where to go. Apart from this malia is a lovely place and I would definitely go back. We went early in the party season though but still it was a good night out. I would just suggest you don't stay at newcastle apparentments or go to georgea bar, Brit bar. "

• Travel date: 7th June 2011

cannot wait to go back

Reviewed 27th April 2011

"we go as often as we can.we are not 18/30s,Newcastle apartments are perfect for all age groups.the owners are great hosts.the apartments,pool and bar areas are all spotlessly clean.The old town of Malia is on the doorstep and has some wonderful restaurants,whilst the strip and clubs are only a short walk away..."

• Travel date: 26th April 2011

Great place to stay

Reviewed 1st October 2010

"Just got home after spending a week at the Newcastle Apts. Fantastic place George, his wife and his daughters who all work at the Newcastle are great friendly people. The pool bar is brill serving a great breakfast and they have pg tips tea. The room is clean and the maid visits every other day doing a superb job. 10 out of 10 and I will be going back next year.Dave does not exist any more."

• Travel date: 1st October 2010

the place to be

Reviewed 1st September 2010

"i can say i will be back there next year geroge is a real nice guuy his wife is really good looking my friend emmett fell in love with her and she bout 50. there food is amazing it the place to be for 18 to 30 hope i meet use lot next year i fell in love with maila geroge lets you play music alday and alnite it 5 min walk away from the strip its just amazing..."

• Travel date: 1st September 2010

best holiday everrrrrrr!!!!!

Reviewed 10th November 2010

"Me and 3 others stayed here for a week and DIDNT want to leave!!!! Everything was really clean and george and family were very friendly. We hired quads as the main strip and beach was about 20mins walking and the hotel was up a bit of a hill. Would love to go agen and i wud defo stay in the same apartments!!! "

• Travel date: 8th March 2010

Amazin Place

Reviewed 7th July 2009

"Me And 2 Others Of My Mates Have Just Came Back From Malia We Stayed Here Its A Amazin Place To Stay George The Owner Of The Place Is Sound And So Is His Wife. Its Not Far From All The Clubs Or Beach. If U Are Goin To Stay At Newcastle You Wont Be Disapointed. Its That Good Im Goin Back To See George And Everyone I met Over There"

• Travel date: 6th July 2009

FABULOUS!

Reviewed 2nd July 2009

"Me and my friend have just got back last night from staying at The Newcastle for a week and were too a little dubious after reading mixed reviews...(especially about the security guard!)...but we had absolutley no need to worry. We were made to feel so welcome right from the very start. George the owner and his wife were lovely and very friendly and its just the right distance from the main strip of nightlife (about a 10 minute walk) and the beach about the same distance.Our favourite greek restaurant was just a couple of minutes away, on the way into the main town. I would recommend eating there. The food is gorgeous and service second to none-owned by a great guy named Domitrius. (I think it was named Kalamusa and was the restaurant before Zorbas) George looked after us girls well, even bringing a tray of ice cold complimentary drinks to everyone around the pool! He also owns a bar in the strip called Brit Bar which I would highly reccomend visiting too. I am definatley thinking of going back to Crete and if I did, would not choose anywhere else to stay.Fantastic holiday all round and we met some great people!...by the way...the security guard has in fact been sacked!!"

• Travel date: 1st July 2009

Don't Believe some of these reviews

Reviewed 22nd June 2009

"A few days before i was due to stay here i happened to come across these reviews and there were a few that scared me but from the moment we got there, George and his wife were nothing but wonderful to us if you needed anything all you had to do was go and ask the rooms were clean, the pool was always busy and open to our friends who wern't staying there. i think as long as you don't do anything to disrespect him then you have nothing to fear George is a top class bloke and i would defo go back and stay at Newcastle studios as it's close enough to the main strip but with the added bonus of being far enough back to get away from everything. "

• Travel date: 20th June 2009

mr webb

Reviewed 3rd February 2009

"this hotel is absolutely shocking! i was scared and shaking all holiday because of dangerous dave and george(the owner). i just couldn't relax because ppl wouldnt stop partying to be honest, 3 star hotel isn't good enough and newcastle studios is unrecommendable."

• Travel date: 2nd February 2009

Just arrived back from Malia yesturday. ...

Reviewed 16th July 2008

"Just arrived back from Malia yesturday. Having read reports about the Newcastle apartments was dubious. I am pleased to say that I loved it there, they were very clean and tidy, maid service was twice a week. We didn't have to pay anything on arrival as a deposit as other peolple had commented on and George & Yolande and their staff were very friendly. Dave the security guard was a bit of a ladies man ( or he would certainly liked to thing that antway!) My only advise would be to buy more toilet roll whilst over there as we were only given 2 small rolls. Although the bars cater more for younger holiday makers we still had a great time and spent most of our time on the gorgeous beaches of Stalis. Malia (Bikin Beach) is fun but a bit too busy as they have DJ's & MC's playing mainly bassline & garage. Great location and such a lovely place."

• Travel date: 16th July 2008

Hotels near Newcastle Studios

Top traveller tips for Newcastle Studios

• by Wendi

"Great local restuarants i.e. Kalesmar, Toto Lotto, Elizabeth & Stabelos etc."

• by Bob

"Show george respect / dont get quads"

• by marko

"young people is amazing "

• by MALIA GIRL

"For young and lively!!!!!"

• by ste5

"Its Amazin Place To Go"

• by jewels477

"I think the restaurant was called Kalamusa and was the one before Zorbas"

• by jewels477

"Fantastic weather, place, bars and people!"