Marianna Studios

Malia, Crete Greece

Good

A Fantastic Holiday

"A fantastic holiday made special by the excellent hotel staff.
It was our first holiday to Kos and certainly it will not be the last.
Rooms were lovely clean and everybody very friendly.
Great weather, nice pool, good food, excellent resort and location of the Marianna.
Now we been we can understand why a lot of people are in love with this
holiday destination. Marianna has a lot of repeat guest too and we met a lot of nice people during our stay there.
Loved every minute of it and can’t wait to next year.

• Travel date: Wed 15th of September 2010

excellent

"just got back from marianna appartments i would recommend the marianna nice peaceful location yet only 5-10 mins walk to malia night life, the owners are friendly and helpful rooms bright and clean, pool and bar area brilliant the food was excellent, maria especially ia very kind and considerate nothing was too much trouble id go again anytime, we had a brilliant time thanks to all, a big thank you to maria for being so patient with one of the girls i took on holiday"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of August 2010

Quality!!!

"Really nice hotel, Staff make you feels really welcome and really friendly, Malia rocks!! best weeks holiday ever!! would love to back definatly recommend to anyone. "

• Travel date: Sun 11th of July 2010

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

"I have just recently came back from marrianna about 5 days ago and went with 3 other girls, i can honnestly say its the nicest place i have ever been to, i would defo recomend it to every1! the hotel is lovely proberly 1 of the nicest hotels in malia, the rooms get cleaned every other day and when they do there sparkling, the hotle it self is owned by a family maria and her husband will do anything 4 you and really make you feel at home, the food is gorgeous and is so cheap, you could get a drink and a meal for 8 euros easy. i must admit before i went to marianna i read the reviews and was not looking forward to it at all, but i can honnestly say its all lies and that people that didnt get on with the family must of done something really wrong!!!!!

the walk to the main strip is not as far as every 1 is making out... id say its not even 10 minuets it just seems longer because of the heat :) and on the way home you wont care because you'll be drunk! the night life is brilliant!!! although the drinks are dead cheap they water them down so its pretty hard to get drunk!! AND... the PR's are soo annoying you carnt walk 5 seconds with out either being picked up or being dragged into a club and they dont take NO for an answer.

over all i had the best time of my life here and would defo give it a 10/10!!
i am defo going back next year and staying here :)"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of July 2009

Amazing

"After reading the reviews before I went away I must admit i was not looking forward to the hotel, and we did even try changing our accomodation.
But now having been to Marianna Studios for a week I can safely say the reviews are all wrong. The hotel is lovely, spacious with everything you need. The hotel owner Maria is very friendly and will definately look after you. I had to visit the medical centre during my holiday and she helped me out and gave me the name of the best doctor to ask for, and she also got her son to take another girl to the medical centre so she didnt have to walk on her own.
The food served there is lovely and very affordable. The bar staff are english so you will not have any troubles there.
I was also expecting, from the reviews, to have to walk miles to and from the main strip. It was not that long at all. It is basically just one road the whole way and doesnt take that long at all.
All round Malia was the most amazing holiday of my life, do not let reviews of this hotel put you off, they are all lies and you will have an amazing holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of July 2009

Amazing Stay

"The reviews i read for this hotel had me worried during the run up to the holiday, but after the first 2 days it was clear that they were wrong. This is a lovely hotel, rooms are basic but more than suitable for my stay. Maria herself is a very kind, warm person, NOT a crook! The hotel was kept tidy and clean, bar staff are very friendly and welcoming. The hotel itself is around 25-30 minute walk from the nearest beach which was a bit far..but the strip is about 5-10 minutes max, which was perfect for me, and the Pitstop pizza restaurant, owned by Marias step son is about 5 minutes away, this is a great restaurant run by very friendly people, and the pizzas are top notch! All in all my time in Malia was made better by The Marianna Studios, and i highly recommend it!!! "

• Travel date: Wed 15th of July 2009

Amazing Holiday!

"Please ignore all these reviews about the hotel being run by crooks, being dangerous etc...! Its a lovely family run hotel, not the scary mafia accommodation some people have decribed it as! Maria the owner is lovely, she cant help you enough and is always up for sharing a laugh with you. She really looked after us when we were there...just silly things like, we had forgotten an adapter so she made sure she found one for us and let us keep it for the week, and when we ordered a pizza she told us we could back to our room and she would get it delivered to our door. Didnt see too much of Mike cos Pitstop was really busy, but he was always nice too! You have to remember that this is a family run hotel, by people from a country with values and morals. If someone has worked hard to build up, and maintain, a successful business, then the last thing they want is for a group of mouthy lads kicking about the pool all day being rude, putting other people off the accommodation! They work really hard here, so its worth showing them a bit of respect for that. If this pool cue incident happened, then i guarantee something was done to provoke them. I never felt anything but safe at this place. We met a group of 6 boys staying in the hotel, they were loud and always drunk but they didnt have any problems, because they were always polite. Also its worth mentioning the cleaners, they were brilliant. Our room was an absolute tip and they had it sparkling. We left money out and everything and they didnt steal from us (ive had cleaners steal from me loads in the past).
Its about a 10 minute walk to the strip at the most. I was worried it would be too far but its not at all.
The nightlife itself was AMAZING!!! Best ever! Its cheap enough, although the drinks they sell you are watered down badly, which ends up making you sick. What we did was get drunk at the hotel first, then when we went out we drank bottles of beer and shots of sambuca, because we knew they couldnt water them down. Need to mention Apollo, Zig Zag and Club 69 - best clubs ever! Fantastic atmosphere every where you go, couldnt fault it! The only downside is the PR's, they are ruthless. They picked my friend up and dragged her into 3 different clubs. We were laughing at the time, but thinking about it, if someone picked you up and carried you away from your friends you would accuse them of being a weirdo wouldnt you? They dont take no for an answer. When we turned them down we tried not to be rude, cos at the end of the day they are just doing a job, but they were still really annoying. You get stopped literally every 10 seconds, and that is not an exaggeration!

all in all, 10/10 holiday, had a cracking time and we are going back in July 2010 :-D wouldnt miss it for the world!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of July 2009

marianna experence

"I went to the Marianna Studios in August. I can honestly say it was a nyc accomodation and the people were very friendly. The rooms were standard but got cleaned every other day.
During the holiday i had an accident on a quad the hotel manager was very polite she brought me ice daily to reduce the swelling and always asked if there were anything she could do on a regular basis.
The only bad thing about the hotel is the walk to the main strip as it takes around 10 minutes also they stole our towels on the second day so we had to buy new towels.
Malia was a great holiday and me and my friends are going back this year. On a whole the only thing i can say is dont get a quad most people had accidents on them and they was a waste of money. "

• Travel date: Mon 12th of January 2009

Hotels near Marianna Studios

Stayed at Marianna Studios? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Marianna Studios

• kmh123 by kmh123

"Definitely go to Malia, i havent met a single person who was less than impressed! "

• leah_smith1 by leah_smith1

"watch out for quauds and peds ha "

• p.ryler by p.ryler

"a fantastic place to visit "

Marianna Studios is also called