Malia Mare Hotel

10 Dimokratous Street, Malia, Crete 700 07 Greece

Great place to stay

Good

"I stayed at the Malia Mare for 7 days with my girlfriend and it was a great experience. The hotel owner and staff were very friendly. The room were clean as was the bathroom. The swimming pool was nice and cleaned regularly. The hotel provides great value for money and the staff members go out of their way to help. "

• Travel date: Sun 6th of March 2011

Fab holiday

"We chose Malia for our honeymoon, against all advise, but we were right to do so. The rooms were clean and tidy and were cleaned every day. The staff and owners were really friendly and even cooked me my favourite dish, especially for me.
It felt as if we were part of the family. The hotel itself issituated at the top of the strip, so you can enjoy the night life or choose to spend a more quiet evening in the old town, were the restaurants serve proper Cretan food.
The hotel was manned 24hrs, unlike most others and Tony, the security man made sure that there was no trouble or too much noise.
The owners took pride in the appearance of the hotel and the gardens and the pool was fantastic and secluded.
We are definately going back, this time taking our little son with us."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of February 2011

Not what we were looking for

"On arrival hotel was clean and tidy, however very hot .. i definately recommend air conditioning on arrival. Staff were friendly but be careful with security. The hotel is very isolated, as we found out to our cost. Money went missing from our appartment which was locked "securely" in our safe and after informing the manager we were told nothing could be done and we would have to travel some distance to the police station...which in other words spoilt an overall good holiday. "

• Travel date: Sun 27th of June 2010

Malia 08... best holiday ever!!!! 8 of...

"Malia 08... best holiday ever!!!!

8 of us girls went Malia for 10 nights and had the most amazing holiday!
We was soo glad we chose the Malia Mare too!! Alot of the hotels out there have to share pools between 4-6 hotels but Malia Mares is all yours! If you make it for breakfast too it was ok, everything you needed... bread to put in the toaster, fresh rolls, boiled eggs, ham, cheese, orange juice, tea... food round the pool bar was really nice too.. and its got a great pool bar which we all used to sit up and have lunch!! Rooms were cleaned most days, clean towells, clean sheets and tidied up for ya!! You'll see Nanny Narm haha..... who was hmmm... ?? :S and PREDITOR.... aka Tony, the security guard of a night time, he was really alright but dont be too loud when coming in coz he gets quite the ump! Its got the perfect location too.. rite at the top of the strip... you come out turn right and its a 30 second walk to the 1st club, so your right there!! But, not bang in the middle so it was perfect! Pool was great, ppl were nice, food good, fantastic weather, cheap drinks, and a nice beach...!!! Clubs close about 6-7 but if your all still up for it after n not ready for the night to end, go to the beach!! So many ppl head there after, go for a dip, chat, play music, drink... the after party!! AND DONT HIRE QUADS OR BIKES!!! you hear soo many bad stories, your insurance aint covered and you get them nicked off ya n have to pay or if you crash... it aint worth it... taxi's are cheap anyways!!! We went water park too which was a really good day out!! The PR's get a bit annoyin but its there job just run past thats what we did lol.... HAVE A GOOD HOLS!!!!!

Defo stay in malia mare... we got talkin to ppl who had worked out there for a few seasons n they even said 1 of the best hotels.... (and so cheap :D)"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2008

I would recommend Malia Mare to any sort...

"I would recommend Malia Mare to any sort of party people, no matter what age you are. The staff are very friendly especially Tony... HE'S the MAN. As for the Granma I'm not to sure. lol.

Malia Mare is situated at the top of the main strip so your 2 mins from everything you need. Bars, clubs and restaurants and 10 mins from the beach which is lovley!

The rooms are spotless and are cleaned every day, if you want to get out of your bed for the cleaner. Oh and I must say... the club workers... one word -OOFT!.

ALL I CAN SAY IS GO TO MALIA MARE AS WE ARE GOING BACK

Eight girls aged 18 LOVED IT.. IF YOUR A PARTY ANIMAL. Would not recommend family's."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of January 2008

The best holiday ever! The hotel is on t...

"The best holiday ever! The hotel is on the main road however it isn’t to noisy at night. Clubs are open till 7 or 8 in the morning!

The pool is ace with a swim up bar where we ate our dinner as we weren’t up in time for breakfast from the partying the night before.

The staff are lovely, Costas the owner and Tony the bar man.

Rooms are quite small and not much view off the balcony but was all very clean and we would defiantly go back next year!

Not been back a week and missing it already!
Go in The Venue - best club ever!!!

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Stayed at the Malia Mare for 2weeks midd...

"Stayed at the Malia Mare for 2weeks middle of May.

The hotel is a very clean and staff are very pleasant. Although the room was a little small it was everything you need and well kept.

The pool area and pool bar is fantastic also being very cheap too.

Its location right at the strip is fantastic, although if you get a room on the front of the hotel like us it is very difficult to get to sleep until after 6.30am, but the balcony view watching other people pass down the strip is very interesting.

The hotel is so close to all the top bars such as Bananas, Cocos and Squeeze are top favourites out there at the moment.

There are plenty of places to eat and at great prices, if you’re a Chinese or Indian fan try out the all you can eat restaurant for only 10euros each it’s great value.

Overall a great place to go and party and have fun."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of June 2007

This hotel was brilliant if you’re loo...

"This hotel was brilliant if you’re looking to be right on the strip.

The food served at the pool is brill and the owners are very polite, especially after putting up with hoards of 20 something blokes having a good time.

Well worth staying in, had a wicked time!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of May 2007

I stayed here for 2 weeks with my girlfr...

"I stayed here for 2 weeks with my girlfriend. tTe place is great and has one of the best pools in Malia.

On our arrival we were shown to our room, which was very clean and quite large.

Once we were settled, we went down to the shops, which is right on your door step for a look around. W ended up staying out till about 1am before returning to our room as the place has everything you could want.

Atnight the town does get lively and there is a few pub near the hotel but the noise isn't that bad and we just enjoyed ourselves in Malia,as it has one of the best night life spots I've ever been to."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of February 2007

I stayed at the Malia Mare hotel from th...

"I stayed at the Malia Mare hotel from the 3rd Sept 06. The room was clean and spacious and the bathroom was a little bit small but still very clean which is the main thing. Pool area was nice and clean, lovely pool. The pool bar served delicious food and that’s where we had our breakfast as the breakfast in the hotel was a bit boring.

The hotel was in a fantastic location located right on "the main strip" where all the nightlife is.... you name is Malia has it! There were lots of nightclubs, bars and restaurants to choose from and only a short walk back to the hotel each night which makes it perfect for anyone looking for everything at your doorstep. The pool bar served tasty cheese and bacon toasties and also a delicious full English breakfast for only 5 Euros. The rooms were very clean and pool area was nice with lots of sun beds around.

My favourite clubs were Apollo Club- it is one of the most popular clubs in Malia and plays music such as R&B, Garage and dance. There serve many drinks here and you can even pay 10-15 Euros per person where you get your drinks free all night by wearing a armband and just showing it at the bar. Fantastic!

I also enjoyed the Factory club & The Lick- these are both on Beach Road both pumping out loud music to attract customers. There is Cheeky 1/2 for people who enjoy cheesy music etc and fancy a good boogie. Zoo Bar is good if you want to watch the sports. they have lots of flatscreens and show all sky sports channels for all you fans out there.

Whatever kind of music your into there is something in Malia for everyone. Most bars/clubs do special offers for example we got 2 bottles of beer for 3 Euros in most places. Some places gave the girls a free cocktail and even 2 for 1 and also 3 for 2 in a lot of bars.... Malia is well catered for the English, all menus, signs are in English, and people speak excellent English too.

There is Watermania water park which is a great day to spend refreshing from the sunshine. As for restaurants again there is something to suit all tastes and budgets..they have McDonalds for fast food. Delight of India restaurant was fantastic if you like a good curry. We had 2 main courses, desserts and drinks for a total of 28 Euros.

Europa Steak house serve delicious steaks and come in huge portions too... worth a try. And if you like Chinese try Lai King, it is an all you can eat buffet for only 8 Euros per person.... absolutely gorgeous and there are lots of dishes to choose from too.

All in all I’d recommend Malia to anyone looking for a reasonably lively holiday with everything close at hand. We went as a couple and never once felt odd there as a lot of people see Malia as just being for groups of guys and girls.

• Travel date: Tue 19th of September 2006

Hotel Malia Mare was a nice hotel which...

Good

"Hotel Malia Mare was a nice hotel which was good value for money. The room was a little basic, but everything worked and was clean. The staff were polite, the pool was nice, with some nice pool side snacks and drinks.

It was a short walk from bars, clubs, and supermarkets, but if you wanted something a little quieter, a short walk in the other direction took you to some nice tavernas. It was only about 5-10 mins walk to the beach along a flat road. The weather was nice even though it was September!

Only one negative I can think of... me and my boyfriend were allocated a room on the front of the hotel right above the bars and clubs and it got very noisy at night. (I was a little surprised at this as we had asked when booking the holiday for a quiet room.) Luckily, I asked a member of staff if we could move to a quiet room and they did move us to a very quiet room which was perfect!!

All in all a great holiday!"

• Travel date: Fri 13th of January 2006

Malia was one of the liveliest and enjoy...

"Malia was one of the liveliest and enjoyable holidays I have had. The nightlife was brilliant, lively pubs and a few clubs that were open until the early hours. Drinks are cheap 4 for 1 in most places paying 5 euro each! Malia mare was a clean and friendly place to stay, the pool area with swim up bar and whirlpool a must after all the vodka! Recommend for anyone couples or big groups everyone can enjoy themselves in Malia!"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2004

Hotels near Malia Mare Hotel

Stayed at Malia Mare Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Malia Mare Hotel

• Katieee by Katieee

"It is definately a more family resort. Not a 18 to 30s resort at all. "

• eleni and adam by eleni and adam

"Lively resort at night but plenty of alternative excursions "