Aeolos Beach Resort Hotel

Nik. Grammatikaki St., Malia, Crete 70007 Greece

Good

our party consisted of 5 people, over al...

"our party consisted of 5 people, over all stay was good the only problems we had was with the maids which were quite arrogant, two of us had hang overs and asked them not to clean today they left, when we then asked them for toilet roll (we hadn't recieved any for 3days) was rudely told no and got shouted at because we had a few plastic cups on our balcony and we expected them to clean it, when i told them this was not the case as we had asked them not to clean she told me the people below had complained about stuff falling onto their balcony, when i went to apologize to the guests below they had no idea what i was on about and had not complained!
checkout was at 12 we got a phone call at 11:30 to remind us, upon leaving the room we went to hand in the keys and get our passports we were refused them because the maids had complained about our "mess" we had to go to our reps and fill in a complaints form which then seemed to resolve the matter, when i got my passport i asked if the room was left satisfactory and was told it had been checked and there were no problems with it.
while around the pool some other guests had let us know that they had same problems with the maids, they even told 1 party that they lived like pigs.
apart from this our stay was great and funnily enough would even go back there, the night life was brill by the 3rd night we knew how to dodge the prs and get to the best places, happy hour at the hotel bar was between 9 and 11 and james the barman was great. "

• Travel date: Thu 4th of September 2008

We are just back from staying at Aeolos...

Good

"We are just back from staying at Aeolos Beach Hotel for a week, there was 3 of us there-girls aged 25 and we would go back to the hotel again.

The rooms are quite small, just enough room for the 3 of us and no more but we where hardly in the rooms so it wasn’t a problem for us!!

The week we where there the maids where in every day except a Sunday but we didn’t get our sheets changed and had the same towels for a few days.
You have to pay for the air con in the room which works really well, we had to turn it off at night as we where freezing. Only thing is the air con cuts out if you open the patio door, this wasn’t an issue for us as we only opened the door to put our stuff out to dry.

The hotel is run by 2 brothers who are friendly enough but if you are young on a group holiday be prepared for “the rules” talk when you check in, we had to sign to say we understood that we couldn’t bring anyone back to our room and couldn’t bring outside food down to the pool or beach, he couldn’t stress this enough and it actually got to the point where I had to cut him off and say yes its very clear, we understand thanks!!!

We where booked as bed and breakfast but we never made it down to the bar before 10am to make breakfast but from a couple we met we heard it wasn’t up to much. We ate at the bar- breakfast and a sandwich at lunch but that was all-was a bit pricey to eat and drink at the pool bar!!!

Best bit about this hotel has to be the beach!! I never usually venture to the beach on holiday, more of a pool person, but having the beach right at our back door was great!! Beautiful sand, the water is clear as anything and you get a great breeze when you’re right at the front!
The hotel also has its own water sports, which you have to pay for, and the guys that run the water sports are very friendly along with Niko the sun lounger man!
The beach is full of sun lounger’s which you have to pay 2 euros a day for but we heard at the end of our week you can pay for a weeks use-don’t know if this works out cheaper or not.
If you going to go to the beach you pretty much have to take a longer as there isn’t really any room if you just wanted to lie on a towel.

If you’re going on holiday and you’re looking for somewhere to relax and chill out during the day but still be close to the night life this is ideal.
The beach was nice and relaxed during the day but we where only 5 mins walk from the strip.

The main strip of night life is shaped like a big Y and we where at the bottom of the Y.
When going up the strip its better to start at the top left (the right side was more quiet) and work your way down as the clubs are at the bottom so you’re better starting of at the bars and working your way down.
Have to say Malia has been my worst place so far for the PRs at the bars, they just bombard you!! You do get some pretty good deals on drinks but they are constantly hounding you!! If you’re going out in Malia you have to pay Jumping Jacks a visit…great bar!!! This seemed to be the bar most people start at and then work their way down.

If we ever went back to Malia I would defiantly stay at this hotel again!!

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of August 2008

The GOOD: Value for money Situated right...

"The GOOD:
Value for money
Situated right on the beach - with water sport facilities
Good location - 5 min walk to the strip
quiet and relaxing
Manos the bar man...lovely guy!
Large plasma TV restaurant (we watched a film on a quiet night)
two pools.... the kiddie slides were the best

The BAD:
The rude Managers
Breakfast was [--].. Woke up only one morning for it and it was stale bread and sweet dilute drink...but full breakfasts are cheap anyway.
No guests are allowed back to the rooms (and there strict)
They only changed sheets once a week... I fell off a quad and had cuts all down one side. The sheets were full of blood and they still did not change them.
The cleaners swept the floors each day but they just moved the dirt around the floor.

Overall this hotel was definately value for money as i only paid £305 for 2weeks. It was perfect for me and my friend as all we wanted to do, is go out at night, come home early in the morning to a quiet hotel to sleep for the rest of the day or sunbathe by the pool.

• Travel date: Sat 24th of May 2008

This review is coming from a Travel Agen...

"This review is coming from a Travel Agent (Thomas Cook), I read these reviews all the time and visit a lot of hotels, I have stayed at 2star hotels before in Greece and this has got to be by far the worst.

We stayed at this hotel (if you can call it that) for only a week and on the first couple of days it was great had new towels and the rooms were cleaned, but by the fourth day when we asked for new towels they said they didn't have the keys for the towel room. Which I found very strange considering they were the managers, we had asked for them due to the fact that we had to use our current ones to wipe up the filthy water which was coming up the drains in our bathroom, there were four of us travelling and had two rooms which were the same.

When we confronted the two so called managers they didn't care and all they gave us was a questionnaire and complaint form from a tour operator that I already worked for, which I was not unhappy with the rep's did everything they could. It was not just the towel situation but they did also not change our sheets all week, so as you can imagine they had sand all over them, and who know if they had changed them from the previous occupants.

I would not revisit the hotel again and would definitely not book a customer to this hotel either. The only good thing about this hotel was the location as it was very close to Malia which was great, but also close to Stalis which had some fantastic restaurants and very friendly staff."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of January 2008

The only reason I rated this a 1 is beca...

"The only reason I rated this a 1 is because I was unable to go to minus figures! The two brothers were very rude and unhelpful.

Would never return to this place, or recommend it. Our room was a dump, shower was a joke and didn't work properly, the bathroom was always flooded after a shower. We had a hole in the wall as a window in the bathroom (no joke).

All electric sockets had burn stains in them, we also had two plastic pipes coming through the floor, this was hidden under a chair, brown stains up the walls.

The prices for food and drink at the bar was very expensive, 7euros for two cans of juice.

Never again!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of October 2007

The location of the hotel is excellent,...

Good

"The location of the hotel is excellent, right on the beach. It is far enough away from the "noise" not to be disturbed but close enough to walk to if this is what you are after.

The bar staff, both during the day and evening were excellent, very helpful and pleasant. Not so the two brothers who run the hotel. We found these two very unhelpful and surly. One hotel guest asked to change rooms but the response was a definite "no" - would not even consider it. We were asked to vacate our rooms at 10.15 on the morning we were leaving, even though the hotel literature states that the rooms needed to be vacated by 12 noon. We refused to do so and stayed until just before our coach arrived at 11.30. There were also lots of rules around the pool - you aren't even allowed to take your own bottle of water to drink at the poolside. You have to buy everything from the bar.

The rooms were basic but ok. The pillows were either like rocks or very thin. The shower attachment was coming away from the wall so was unusable and the device to change the water over from tap to shower was broken, the loo seat was also broken.

If it is windy, be careful where you swim. There is an area which is close to the rocks where the current does strange things and we saw two people get into difficulties. This area is marked by buoys but people were still swimming there."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of September 2007

First time to Crete, enjoyed it very muc...

Good

"First time to Crete, enjoyed it very much, Aeolos beach hotel was an ideal location literally on the beach, we went with our 12 year old daughter, we did feel sorry for her as there wasn’t any other children there of that age, more older.

Would have been better booking further down the road in Stalis, more family orientated.
A few people went down with a virus while we were there, apparently caught through the water in the swimming pool but with two pools didn’t effect us.

Another thing when ordering your drinks at the bar at night always pay for them when you have them because the barman always tries to add a few things on.

Taking everything into account we did have a good time.

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

The hotel is great looking and in good l...

"The hotel is great looking and in good location, that’s about it went with one of my friends and my 6 mates were staying in hotel just 5mins away hotel says it has free water park so my mates came to our pool most days as we was on beach as well, only to be told we wasn’t spending enough money at hotel bar on a few occasions and we should leave.

They never changed our sheets for 10 nights, I also woke up at 2am to find a member pf hotels staff in my room had let himself in just to tell me to move a towel off balcony( not funny when your alone in your room trust me).

I had my phone and euros stolen from my room on last night, hotel staff did not really care found out it was guest 2 doors away never got goods back guest was no removed.

This ruined my holiday and put me £500 out of pocket. I must stress groups of lads this is a big no, ok for families but that’s it. Rubbish.

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

The reps were continuously, rude and un...

" The reps were continuously, rude and unreliable the entire holiday. The two brothers on reception were patronising, unhelpful and perverted.

Air con is expensive and didn’t work for two days (told reception and got a patronising response) running water is temperamental and tends not to work when most people need to shower before going out.

Beware if you are leaving late as you will not be provided with a courtesy room and the cleaners throw out all your things before the check out time of midday!

The only saving grace of the hotel is Manos, on the pool bar, lovely bloke and if you're going to this dump then eases the pain by ordering a Joey special cocktail from Manos!

• Travel date: Wed 11th of July 2007

Really nice beach front location, 5 minu...

"Really nice beach front location, 5 minutes walk away from the main strip, which meant it was quiet enough to get a good nights sleep and it wasn't full of idiots.

The owners were very helpfull and pleasant. The breakfast was very basic but ok. The pools were excellent as there are two, one for children and families and another for the rest of us so we weren't surrounded by screaming kids all day.

The other facilities were also excellent and the rooms where basic and small but clean. We would definitely go back and have recommended this hotel to our friends. "

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

I went to this hotel with 5 friends and...

Good

"I went to this hotel with 5 friends and we had a great time. The staff were friendly and I would advise anyone to go there.

You’re not far from the strip and on the beach and there are so many good places to eat.

One moan I have got is that you need to ask for clean sheets and towels, this was because we slept in and the cleaner couldn’t get in the room!

I'm booking for next year... Bring it on."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2007

Myself and 2 friends stayed at the hotel...

"Myself and 2 friends stayed at the hotel last summer and we had a brilliant time! The hotel caters to a variety of holiday goers, but personally I felt that it leaned towards a younger market, which in all honesty was perfect for us!

The beach backing onto the hotel is spacious but nothing tends to happen and there are no activities or people, for that matter. It's very peaceful for relaxation but if you demand something a little more active then it's best to head over to the neighbouring beaches.

There is plenty of activity, water sports, and music for an entertaining day at the sea. Loungers cost about 3 Euros for the day but the owners were very helpful and even offered to watch our towels, etc, whilst we went to eat. The pool is a good size and even has a bar in it for a lounging swim which were very happy about!

Breakfast tends to be quite early and therefore, if you head out into the centre until late, chances are that you'll miss it. To buy a breakfast was reasonably priced, (about 6 Euros for a cooked breakfast) and the restaurant offered lots of varying meals throughout the evening.

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the centre along the main road. It's quite dim and there's not much light but it's always busy with plenty of people. Quad bikes can be hired from a shop next to the hotel.

The rooms were cleaned every day, although, the staff tend to come in very early and many a time they'd be in before we'd arrived back from a night out! Restaurants are wonderful and the food is brilliant.

The hotel insists on taking your passports but looks after them until you leave which we found useful. They also offer a safe in your room for an extra 20 Euros. We took this offer and it came in very handy.

Rooms are a little small for 3 sharing but not too small for anyone to get on your nerves! Lovely bathroom with a good, spacious shower. Staff were cheerful and helpful.

There were plenty of Reps and events for young adults and there is a trip to a large water park about an hour away for 40 Euros per person.

Overall, we had a fantastic holiday and would definitely contemplate going back. If you are looking for a young adult’s holiday I would certainly recommend this.

However, for a quieter holiday, this may not be the best place. It can be very noisy in the early hours with people arriving back and the noise from the centre, although distant, can still be heard. But despite that, we had a wonderful time and would recommend to all. "

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2007

Hotels near Aeolos Beach Resort Hotel

Stayed at Aeolos Beach Resort Hotel? Share your insight.

Aeolos Beach Resort Hotel is also called