Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa

• tv channel one russia
  • tv rtr planeta russia

Avoid. Shabbiest of Mitsis hotels

Reviewed Tue 10th of September 2013

"My family and I have recently stayed at the Rinela Beach resort in Crete and had the worst holiday experience which totally ruined our 5 days vacation in Crete.

This hotel is a classic holiday destroyer. We prepared ourselves for a 5 star experience but reality blew-up in our face the minute we set foot in this shabby establishment which is a disgrace for any self-respecting high-standard hotel chain.

• In the words of Svetlana, the client relationship manager of the Rinela which was constantly busy handling similar guest frustrations – "I apologize, but this is the oldest hotel of the Mistis hotels group, and hence its physical condition (e.g. no air-condition in public areas, the weakest in-room air-condition, no hot water in bathrooms as of midnight etc, shabby looking room blocks, poor pool areas.).

• During our stay we, as many other guests, felt sorry for the hotel staff that together with the guests were sweating heavily all over the hotel 24 hours a day – at the reception desk, in the dining room, at the lobby and the lobby bars, at the inferno down the basement internet corner etc. Wherever you looked you saw staff and guests waving paper sheets at their faces trying to overcome the intense heat and humidity.

• All-in-all, there was no escape from the heat and humidity inside the hotel.

• Considering the fact that the pool area is where guests spend most of their time, it is with no doubt the most unwelcoming and unpleasant place to spend your time in.

We have spent previous holidays at another Mitsis hotel in Rhodes – the Grand hotel, and were very pleased each time. We therefore decided to choose the Rinela for our first vacation in Crete assuming Mitsis maintains the same standards across all their establishments.

We received no value for the money we spent at the Rinela and ended up waiting for this dreadful vacation to end.

I want to make sure others will not fall for the same trap assuming the Mitsis brand is a guarantee for quality and value for money."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of August 2013

Do not stay here

Reviewed Tue 7th of August 2012

"After paying a small fortune for a 5* hotel I spent the first day of our holiday trying to find out why I had paid for a room upgrade. We had a view of a derelict building a faulty air con unit that was very noisy and leaked onto the campbed. Yes the small rooms have a sofa bed and a campbed squashed in. It turns out the upgrade paid for pop in the fridge 2 dressing gowns and room service... Well worth the £100 extra! We were bored with the food in the main restaurant after 2 days but the taverna was ok. It was filled with 98% Russians, stray dogs and cats roamed about and had regular fights. The whole resort felt Jaded and a bit run down but on the whole clean. Its entertainment was horrific and a bit in-appropriate for a young audience. Couldn't wait to get away from the resort in a car for a few days. After exploring crete I came to the conclusion Kokkini Hani is in one of the most unattractive parts of the Island. The only redeeming feature of the Rinela was the large measure poured out in the bars. On a final note be wary of cheap late deal holiday companies as we were charged full price for our kids to stay here and the Hotel don't charge for the first child and only charge %50 for the second. And finally a trip for me and my 2 kids to the local water park ended up costing over £100 not exactly a cheap day out."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2012

total lies by management

Reviewed Tue 3rd of July 2012

"we went to this hotel in april 2010 when we lived in the uk we were delighted with it we now live in crete 90 miles from the hotel so we decided to go back this year april 2012 what a dissapointment we booked a superior rom but got an inferior holiday the first week we were there the staff entered our room while we were out and changed our inferior telly for a new 28 inch lcd however we still only got the original 14 channels and only 3 in english and they were all news channels no films or mtv the hotel was infested with french who blocked all the terrace bar thus causing a health and safety issue i believe the french were given preferentil treatment as they got croisants for breakfast and snils no full monty breakfast or roast beef for the brits the second week staff entered our room and removed the telephone from our bathroom leaving a hole in the wall next they removed a bottle of beer from my mini bar the on returning from santorini our entrance into the restaurant was blocked by the hotel restaurant manager on complaining on trip advisor the hotel manager came up with a tissue of lies to try and weedle out of their short comings
1 he said staff had removed empty beer bottles from my room LIE i tried the beer in the bar and found it sour and foul so i did not drink any more beer
2 he said why the restaurant manager blocked our way was because we were 15 minutes late LIE our meal slot was 6-30 pm until 9-30 pm we arrived at 8-25 pm he said the restaurant did english breakfast LIE they never cooked bacon the eggs were good the baked beans would have been better used as ammunition by nato troops and the so called sausages were inedible
3 he said when i handed the keys in on our departure i thanked the staff for a good holiday LIE i did not hand the keys in my wife did i paid for a superior room but got an inferior holiday so if you like liars and only getting your towels and shhets changed twice a week eating inferior food being treated as second class citizens behind the french then this is your ideal holiday if on the other hand you like clean sheets and towels everyday eating high class food being treated as a respected guest then i suggest you go to turkey bulgaria or when the troubles die down egypt as i have been to all these countries and have been treated with the utmost courtesy so leave the rinela beach to the frogs"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2012

Poor room maintenance kills the could be pleasant vacation

Reviewed Fri 10th of September 2010

"Rinela Beach could have been the hotel I'd write home about. Its location is good, with a private wide beach and some nice pools. Its wide area has some nice gardens and lawns around and it's clean. The food is OK considering the fact it's an All Included. The services are fine and the dedicated stuff is polite and very efficient. So what's wrong? In the 4 nights we've been there we've experienced 2 rooms. In both rooms the air-conditioning was not functioning properly – i.e. not cooling. It is very much required because the hotel has hosting activities going on until very late, so if you'd like to catch a Mediterranean style siesta, you can't leave an open window to enjoy a sea breeze, in case you're lucky enough to have a sea facing room.
BTW, some rooms are unsuitable for hosting guests; among them are the 11x's and 120, 120A which have no external windows  reject them!

• Travel date: Thu 9th of September 2010

All in all a wonderful one week vacation for a family of four!

Reviewed Tue 20th of July 2010

"Rinella Beach does not live up to a five star hotel with regards to very hard mattresses, cheap generic alcohol and soda pop, the juices are not freshly pressed, the food can be a bit dodgy (my husband got an upset stomach twice, presumably from the tomatoes or the cucumbers) and the lack of life guards (first aid personnel). The milk is not cold nor is it fresh. The rooms do differ in quality depending on which room you get.Rinella Beach does live up to a five star hotel with regards to the service personnel, which was very good, especially the service from the waiters, waitresses, the cleaning maids and the catering personnel. There are meals three times a day and the variation is not always great, but the choices are good denominators of Greek cuisine. You can eat healthily or less healthy and the French fries, pancakes and pizza were delicious albeit not the most nutritious. The billiard table and billiard sticks were very old and worn, but the upside was that billiard was for free in the game room provided you gave a 20€ deposit in advance (you receive the 20€ deposit when you deliver the billiard balls and sticks in the reception). There was a constant schedule of different entertainment services for all ages; provided one checked the white board on the wall of one of the buildings to find out what was going on when. This information was not provided to us at the reception nor in our information brochure when checked in, but we found out during our passage to one of the swimming facilities. Often Rinella Beach personnel would walk by the pool and beach area and inform the guests of the most current event encouraging guests to join. There are mini bars (small refrigerator) in every room and they get replenished every two days with two bottles sometimes three bottles of water, soda pop and two beers. It would be nice if at least the water bottles were replenished every day! You can also get a take away lunch provided you sign up for it the day before you need it to go on your excursion. Mail can be sent from the reception. Postcards and stamps can be purchased on site in the local hotel store.Please be aware that although Rinella Beach has provided signs everywhere stating that you are not allowed to reserve the sun loungers, distributed near the pools and on the beach, guests have a tendency to lay their towels early in the morning and not visit their lounger until hours later or even in the evening. Just remove the towels if you observe that no one protests or revisits the loungers within half an hour.One time the information at the reception did not coincide with actual experiences e.g. a bus ride fare to the nearby Cret Aquarium (Hellenic Centre for Marine Research) was said to cost approx. 1€ per person, regardless whether you are an adult or child (children under four are for free). After waiting in the hot midday sun our bus finally arrived and the prices were suddenly over 2€ or more per person (we were a party of 11, with different age groups and four different payers for the fare ride). I had to haggle to get close to what I was promised from the information I had received at the reception. The bus ride was so short that the bus conductor was still being paid when we had to get off the bus to get to the Cret Aquarium. The walk from the bus stop to the Aquarium was an experience unto its own! We wondered a few times if we were going in the right direction (the surrounding buildings were very dilapidated) and the distance to the Aquarium seemed far (mainly due to the very hot temperature and no wind to cool us down). The Aquarium was worth the visit and I took a taxi back to the hotel costing me 10€ (not bad for four persons).

A bus fare one way to Iráklion costs 1,70€ and is worth the price. The bus ride takes the scenic route albeit bumpy and at accelerated speed.

All in all a wonderful week!

• Travel date: Sun 18th of July 2010

Excellent!!!

Reviewed Tue 9th of November 2010

"Rinela Beach hotel has to be the best hotel I've ever stayed at. Before going there I checked out the pictures of the hotel online and thought it was to good to be true. As I got to the hotel, I was amazed at how good it was. Everything you saw in the pics were what you saw when you got to the hotel.

The service was excellent. The people are polite and very hardworking. The staff were always at their feet making sure everyone was happy and getting served.

Our room was cleaned everyday, spotless.

I definately recommend Rinela Beach Hotel if your looking for excellent service with a smile."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of March 2010

relaxing beach holiday

Reviewed Mon 14th of September 2009

"First thing to grasp is that a Greek 5 star hotel doesn't compare with a British one. As long as you understand that, its a great place to chill out. Rooms are fairly large with air con. Only gripe was that shower heads weren't attached to the wall so you had to hold it when having a shower! Fridge in room restocked with soft drinks every 2 days. Room cleaned daily to a good standard. Our room overlooked swimming pool (not main one) which in turn over looked the beach so we didn't have to go far at all. Swimming pools clean. Sun longers reserved before 7am somedays so that was annoying but as our room was so close, we could sit on our outside chairs. Food typical all inclusive fayre, fairly hot & reasonably varied. Kebab on menu daily ! Also had a chinese & taverna for no extra cost but you did have to reserve a table. Queues before 8am for Chinese. One money saving tip, dont use reps excursions, turn right out of hotel & just before SPAR supermarket was a travel agents called ASK. At least 10 Euros per person cheaper than the rep. I must admit I'm not a fan of the typical hotel entertainment so I tend to stay away but it did seem popular. This hotel catered for many nationalities (not just Brits) so the entertainment was multi lingual. The resort itself wasn't anything special but there are bus stops for both directions just outside the hotel. Bus service was every half hour until 23:00 and cheap. Taxis also very reasonable (make sure you get a quote first). All in all a great place for a relaxing holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of September 2009

Superb, recommend

Reviewed Thu 2nd of July 2009

"Ignore bad reviews!!! Some people are just really picky and have nothing better to do than moan….. And I'm usually one of them
!!!

My parents had booked this hotel for themselves earlier in the year and the week before departure asked if my Fiancé and I wanted to tag along as we hadn’t planned a holiday as all our time and money was going on our holiday abroad later in the year. We duly accepted and set about looking at the reviews. Having read a few bad and 1 or 2 good you get to realise that not many people will write about good experiences but all will be quick to post any negative.

We were flying separately to my parents, approx 30 mins difference, the same surnames caused confusion at the airport and at the hotel, to our advantage…. My other half and I not only managed to get a taxi transfer for free but also got the better of the 2 VIP rooms at the hotel. Ours had sea view and a balcony above the restaurant which to be honest was never noisy and at night the doors cut out all noise anyway.

Upon arrival we were told our room wasn't ready and that we would have to stay in a standard room that night, having read this on a previous review it wasn't a surprise. This wasn't an issue and as it was 3.30am and we'd only be in there for 3-4 hours and asleep at that. Reception kindly informed us to leave everything packed and our bags would be moved to the new room after breakfast later that morning. Any way rambling over now for the review…

Reception - most of the staff were friendly though on a couple of interactions with them I did come away unhappy, such as asking to keep my room on the last day over 24 hours in advance (as had been advised to do) to be told to go back and ask the next day (day of departure). Knowing this would only end in disaster I went back later that day to arrange to be told I should have booked it 48 hours in advance. This aside they did sort this out and I was able to keep the room until 10pm for a smallish fee (40€).

Booking in for the special restaurants (Beach Taverna & Chinese) was simple, go to reception the day before, write down room number and number of people. I would definitely recommend doing this for both restaurants.

The standard room - this was very basic however was clean and was better than average in terms of a standard holiday hotel room. It had a fridge, aircon, TV, towels and a balcony with a cracking sea view. Had I been staying in a standard room at this hotel I would have had no complaints with this one.

VIP Room - This was much nicer than the standard room if not a little smaller, remote controlled aircon was a god send. Fridge was stocked every couple of days or so and the beds were made / room cleaned every day. The cleaning staff were very friendly even with the language barrier.

Main restaurant (Buffet) - What can I say, lovely food, lovely staff, rude holidaymakers. Don’t expect to queue nicely, don’t expect thanks, and don’t expect anyone saying please. No matter what language you speak a polite nod or gesture will suffice. There's enough food to feed everyone twice over so why the rush???? Try to go early or late to avoid the rush. Food on the other hand in here is great, lots of variety, though pretty samey day to day, but because of the massive variety you couldn't get bored. From Salads to kebabs, Liver to pasta, lots of it and good quality.

Pool Snacks - These come out around 11am and are honestly quite good. Sandwiches are a bit unimaginative, but the mincey sausage roll things and home made crisps were lovely.

Chinese (Waiter) - Really good food, really quick waiter service (so no pushing) and friendly. A lot of reviews mention the Chinese so I'll say no more, but definitely recommend.

Beach Taverna (Buffet) - this is a much more relaxed buffet environment. Tables are booked in advance and they stagger the start times so you have time to eat and can get your food in a relaxed manner. You can get steak down here and the stone baked pizzas are lovely. The manager down there is a character and makes you feel really welcome.

Pool Bar - This is where I spent most of my day (stereotypical brit abroad or what). The staff were really friendly and always had a smile and the girl working on the bar was really quick so any queue was quickly gone. Reports of drinks been weak etc are untrue and if they were would the simple option be just drink more? Cocktails were good and the local lager went down a treat. Besides alcohol, you could get water, non alcoholic drinks, tea, coffee and even ice creams all under all inclusive.

Terrace / Evening Bars - From 17:30 there is a waiter service. I think the speed of service depends on who you get. Our Waitress was great and made our evenings, so if you get chance look out for Olga. My tip for speedier service would to be your normal friendly selves, I think we were the only group to actually speak on a human level with bar / waiting staff, most people just barked orders. Also a small tip at the end of your evening doesn’t go amiss.

Entertainment - Entertainment through the day around the pool was excellent, but what there was did make you laugh. The animation team work really hard and cover entertainment and fitness. Look out for the animation dance - performed on the bridge at midday and around 4:30pm each day, it cracked me up every time. The entertainment people work really hard and I'm not sure when they actually got a break. Between entertaining they are busy rehearsing, they genuinely seem to enjoy what they do. Entertainment continues into the night at the open air theatre, starting with the mini disco for the kids followed by cabaret and music.

Sun Beds - this would be my only gripe with the hotel, it was near impossible to get a bed on the beach. All beds fully towelled up my 7:30 in a morning, even though there are lots of signs saying not to reserve sunbeds. Pool was easier to get a sunbed however I would recommend reserving yours by 8am each morning then go get breakfast!!

Overall an enjoyable stay and I will be going back, looking at previous reviews it seems people in standard rooms made more negative comments however having stayed in both I wouldn’t have complained had my stay been in a standard room. Thoroughly recommend this hotel and do not be put off by negative comments.

On a final note, outside the hotel is a small town which looks to be slowly dying, being killed off by all inclusive hotels in the area, or that's my thought on its plight. So if you do get chance try to go out and have a meal or even just a beer. It made me feel a bit better after seeing the closed down bars and shops. Even if you don’t there are plenty of shops for souvenirs etc.

Enjoy!!

• Travel date: Wed 1st of July 2009

Lovely Holiday

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2009

"My husband and I have just returned from a lovely holiday. We found the resort very clean and comfortable with lovely accomodation.

The food was good but after 3 - 4 days there was no change in the variety - could have had more fish - the selection was extemely limited.

The pool area was very clean and the pools lovely - downside was insufficient sunbeds, the hotel advocated the non-blocking of sunbeds but does not enforce this.

Downside - no information in the rooms regarding safety ie. fire evacuation etc and no internal telephone list.

Staff were always very tolerant and friendly.

• Travel date: Sun 28th of June 2009

Rinela Beach 2009

Reviewed Wed 27th of May 2009

"I strongly advise you avoid this hotel.
If you are in a standard room your bed is made of concrete, 4 wooden slates across a hole with a thin matress.
The rooms were covered with damp!! my clothes smealt of damp.
Rusty fridge inside and out, tiles broken, paint on sheets and curtains.
Laminate parts of the furniture falling off.
The que in the moring was 15 deep complaining but the hotel staff and tour reps did not care.Unless you have upgraded to a superior room you are treated second class.
All Inclusive! I had to laugh. It is table service and most evenings we all waited up to 30 minutes just for a coffee.
There were several accidents on site as there is a distintct lack of Health & Safety on site.
You have a lamp in each room 6 inches from your head that my wife banged her head on.
I would not take any children there.
The place is flooded with Russians
Do not be fooled by the 4* lobby.
This is 2* at most andf I have been going to Crete for 10 years.
I have kept e-mail details from everyone who complained.
Our last week in the hotel saw people arriving without a room available and sent else where.
If you have a chance please please change your Hotel"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2009

rubbish

Reviewed Tue 26th of May 2009

"The rooms are very basic and dirty most of staff unhelpfull. 2 tier accomodation basic and vip we were not aware of this cosmos brochure very misleading."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of May 2009

My wife and I enjoyed our week at Rinell...

Reviewed Thu 25th of September 2008

"My wife and I enjoyed our week at Rinella Beach .
Hotel has one problem NO LIFTS the hotel is terraced down through the entire site . Rooms are situated in three story blocks or single story cottage effect . Unfortunately not wheelchair friendly . We had a superior room on the third floor up 33steps plus the many more steps from the very good terrace to the swimming pool or further down steps to the private sandy beach with ample sun beds and shades plus bar .. Food good plenty of selection . There was a very happy staff and very obliging .Very child friendly plenty for them to get involved in ..Good bus service outside the gate Enjoy your stay be prepared for those stairs "

• Travel date: Thu 25th of September 2008

Hotels near Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa

Top traveller tips for Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa

• R and P by R and P

"Great place to relax and chill out. "

• Enzo by Enzo

"Great place to vacate just know a few things first to make it a fantastic visit! "

• IanJamesFea by IanJamesFea

"get a car and get out of the resort. "

Mitsis Rinela Beach Resort & Spa is also called