Good

A perfect day on the Island of Crete!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"While sailing the Greek Islands--I had the pleasure of a full day in Crete--and rather than visit the ruins--I decided to check into one of the lovely resorts instead for the day.

The Knossos Beach Resort was the most appealing and indeed the experience was exceptional. After a scenic cab ride from the port--we arrived at the resort and were escorted to a lovely Sea View Bungalow. This unit was part of a brand new wing of the hotel--and the suite was exceptional. A private garden had sun loungers and a patio--the main bedroom was modern--with hard wood floors and a striking decor. The best part was the massive marble bathroom--with an indoor and outdoor shower.

We enjoyed our time poolside and had a great buffet lunch in the restaurant. before returning to our Bungalow for some relaxing time in the sun.

The setting is classic Greek island--whitwashed buildings overlooking the blue sea and sky and the staff was friendly and spoke very good English. (Most of the guests were French at the time of our visit however)

Life is good at the Knossos Beach Resort and I would love to return some day for a much longer stay."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of October 2008

A Great Place to Stay

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"A six-night stay at the Knossos Beach Hotel made my first trip to Crete one for which I will long have fond memories. The owners and staff at the hotel were always extremely friendly and went out of their way to make sure that every detail of my trip went smoothly – from guiding me to the best villages and restaurants to visit, to providing bus schedules, calling taxis, and giving me tips on Greek customs, cuisine, and language.

The hotel itself was impeccably clean and beautifully designed, with most bungalows having gorgeous views of the sea. The dining room always provided a wide variety of well-prepared foods served buffet style and tables surrounded by windows overlooking the beach.

I would highly recommend the Knossos Beach Hotel to anyone who wants a resort-like atmosphere in a central location to many of Crete's attractions.

Bravo Knossos Beach!"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of October 2008

Dream come true!

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Greece has been a long time dream for me to travel and experience the people, culture, and sights. Although I enjoyed my short stay in Athens, my real dream started when I reached the Knossos Beach Hotel and Bungalows. The hotel, which feels more like a resort with it's beautiful white buildings, blue doors, beautiful flowers growing sits on the beach. The rooms were impecable, with a lovely patio facing the water, I woke up early just to catch the sunrise coming up over the water. What made my stay so pleasant was the staff, who greeted each of us in their native language and made us feel welcome each time we saw each other. The food was amazing, and I ate healthy and ended up losing a couple of pounds. Now when have you gone on vacation and lost weight? The owner of the hotel, is an amazing man and has a way to talk to you and make you feel that you are the most important person at that moment. It feels like he has opened his home to you, and he is quite the host. I can't say enough good things about the place and highly recommend it. I can't wait to go back again someday, please consider this lovely place should you visit Crete."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of September 2008

All-inclusive resort

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"The Knossos Beach Hotel strives to meet the needs of its customers and does a great job considering the odds. From the frequent planes flying overhead (the airport is a mere few miles away, and the hotel is in direct sightline of jumbo jets landing and taking off) to the large, convention-style buffet dining room and small and basically furnished but clean cabins that look out on the water, this pleasant place is very popular with bus tours and tour groups. Located directly on the waterfront with a nice swimming pool, the staff are very helpful and accommodating, as well as enthusiastic, and they try very hard to please all guests. Rates are relatively steep because the hotel is all-inclusive. The area outside the property is somewhat reminiscent of the beach resort areas of yesteryear."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of July 2008

The PLACE to relax and unwind in comfort.

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"The experience of Crete was very memorable from this location. Accomondations were very good. The spa was a very relaxing and recooping experience. The food was very fresh and tasty. The beach was very clean and water clear. The little town outside the hotel was easy to walk to and do gift shopping. I will return to this locale and recommend it for residence of the USA who want to get lost from the world.

R Collins"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

Crete a Great Place!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"My wife Martha & I loved the blue sea, the great dining, our beach side room -- George & Angie went out of their way to treating us as family - the Parthenon & the Knossos Beach Hotel were our favorite places!

Thanks so very much - Allen & Martha Remillard"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2008

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We recently spent 10 days in Greece and the hotel that was the best of all was Knossos Beach Hotel in Crete. The service was exceptional and every request was met or exceeded. The staff was wonderful, the location convenient, and the setting wonderful. We had a bunglow beachfront and it does not get better than than. Just out our back door and onto the beach or into the warm protected cove. We had breakfast and dinner included and that was wise as the meals were great . There is lots to do on the property with evening shows each night. We highly recommend this resort and we will return. Jean & Tim, Vallejo Calif"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2008

Total Care in Knossos

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"The owners and staff at Knossos Beach Hotel have one goal - to take care of their customers. We could not have asked for better service. The food is wonderful and the buffets are kept full of great variety. We received help on any additional tours we wanted to book. The surroundings are very relaxing, and even the gift shop has great items to purchase as souvenirs. I would go back every year, if I had the opportunity."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

Knossos Beach - a great place

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Me and my girlfriend stayed at Knossos Beach Hotel for 11 days in May. We loved the place, it's very typical Greek with small white beautiful houses by the sea, most of them with full sea view. There are also normal hotel rooms in the main building. There is a small sandy beach in the complex and also two very nice pool areas. The people working there are very friendly and always ready to help. The food was very good, especially the dinner buffet. The hotel restaurant is beautifully located with a full sea view. The resort offers a variety of sports, like sailing, canoeing, pedalo, archery, table-tennis ++.

This resort is ideal for a nice, relaxing and quiet vacation and it can be a great get-away for couples and families. If you want more party life you can take a taxi to the small cities not far from the resort.

All-in-all, a great resort! I would definitely return."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

Good quality hotel with all the extras

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights - 3 nights in June and returning for our last night in Crete in July. It was conveniently located for the airport (if you have a car) but with nice beaches around the area. We checked in at 6am on the day of arrival and were surprised that they had a room available and we could go to our room straightaway. This was great after a night flight and meant we could have a kip before breakfast. The hotel staff were also very accommodating on our last day as we wanted to check out later which was OK too.

The food was buffet style with some hot dishes prepared whilst you wait (for both breakfast - if you want waffles or omlette and evening meal for hot meat dishes). There was an excellent selection of food with local greek dishes and international dishes(pasta and chips if you desire!). Full board clients had free wine at the evening meal.

The hotel had a pool and pool bar and the narrow beach running along the rear of the hotel which, although not exclusive to hotel guests, had free sunbeds for guests. There is a tennis court and gym which can be booked by reception along with beauty treatments - although we didn't stay long enough to try these facilities out.

The rooms were spacious and clean. We had a beach bungalow which I would highly recommend as it was nice to sit on the balcony and watch the waves on an evening with a glass or two of wine! We had complementary wine and fruit on arrival and were invited to meet with the hotel owner for information on the area and the hotel. Our room also came with beach towels, bath robes and slippers - home from home!

The hotel had mainly french/canadian guests and entertainment (at the pool bar) was in french not that this bothered us as we are not really into provided entertainment - preferring to create our own. All the staff spoke French but also spoke English. I think the hotel owner is of French origin.

Kokkini Hani had plentiful restaurants and shops if you prefer to leave the complex although it was pretty low key on the evenings in June. There is also an excellent wide, sandy beach about 1 km up the old harbour road towards Heraklion.

I would highly recommend this hotel for location, facilities and service. There was some airport noise from low flying aircraft especially on the evening but this did not spoil our enjoyment of the hotel.

I would not stay here for the duration of my stay but this is because I like to move around whilst on holiday and get restless. It is an excellent base for exploring the area including Heraklion and Knossos if you have a hire car."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007