This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Kamari Hotel

Good
Good

Karmari Hotel

Reviewed Fri 10th of September 2010

"When me and my partner got off the coach we nearly cried it looked like something out of a scary movie....then the bed room was not a double bed so we ended up sleeping seperate which was horriable then everynight we heard the tolet flash by itself?? how i dont no!! the bathroom was the worst part full of tiny flys everywhere it made me sick!...the housekeeper can in and done the beds with still the same dirty sheets and had the cheek to fold our dirty sheets that we used to cover and put them on the end of the bed like they where new fresh ones!! Firstly the two lady and young son where nice people. The owner the Man i felt looked down on us as a young couple he was rude and didnt even say bye to us when we was leaving. I felt like it could of been racial with that man as everyone else in the hotel where white european and we wasnt the way we was treated made me very uncomfortable by this man. A lot of older couple he was so nice too but we never got thE same treatment. I even brought a phone card to us on a landline and was told to go to the phonebox which is a 20min walk away and there was a phone in our room which didnt work and then to use the air con we was told we would have to pay extra!!!! i will never go back there and will not recommed it. One good point the lovely lady that makes breakfast is a blessing breakfast was the highlight to our mornings thank you so much."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of September 2010

Kamari Hotel Crete

Reviewed Tue 24th of August 2010

"We stay at Kamari Hotel for 7 nts[august].We had a great time visiting Crete and our stay in Kamari Hotel was very pleasant!!!
We are recommend Kamari Hotel.
You all deserve it.
From the ground of our hearts we would like to thnk you all very much for your hospitality."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of August 2010

I was dissapointed when i arrived to the...

Reviewed Mon 11th of August 2008

"I was dissapointed when i arrived to the kamari hotel.It was pretty far from the beach and the road from the town to the hotel was very unsafe.Rooms are small and very oldschool designed... The family who runs the hotel is very nice and freindly. Pool is big and deep but i didn't swim there because it wasn't clean.Weather was excellent."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

I booked this hotel based on the comment...

Reviewed Thu 5th of October 2006

"I booked this hotel based on the comments and unfortunately was disappointed.

We have stopped in many places in The Greek islands and this was our 3rd time in Crete and both the resort and the hotel left something to be desired.

The rooms and breakfast were average but acceptable. However we had several days when the bins were not emptied and the rooms not serviced. Our towels were changed three times during the fortnight, which would have been adequate had not two of these been on consecutive days and then no change for our final five days.

The menu at lunchtime and in the evening was extremely limited. On one day we ordered a bottle of champagne for our wedding anniversary and were served up a bottle of sparkling wine instead. We were then charged 30 euros for the bottle which we then saw in the shops for less than 8 euros. The Pool Bar was not open at all and there was no barbecue evening.

The swimming pool was large and plenty of sun beds and never crowded, however, the pool could have done with some maintenance.

• Travel date: Thu 5th of October 2006

The weather was good and the local food...

Reviewed Wed 4th of October 2006

"The weather was good and the local food is very good, though the local beach washed away in April 06, there is always the Themis Hotel beach. Kokkini Hani is ideally situated to visit other parts of the country, which would be advisable as it is much like a shanty town.

The Kamari Hotel is charm less, its retro fixtures add no style, as they are original and much worse for ware. It is a three star hotel only due to the existence of a lift, a bar, breakfast facilities and a pool and BBQ area, it is in no way a reflection of the quality of the rooms. The rooms could only be described as basic; crude; or more kindly simple.

The main road of the island is close by and without the doors closed is audible all night. In high summer with temperatures reaching 40 degrees the air conditioning would be necessary, this costs extra.

The breakfast included was only just acceptable, had there been more money exchanged it would have been a clear rip-off. It was of low quality and lacked any imagination or thought. Especially with the availability of so much fresh fruit and vegetables. The island is almost self sufficient.

The evening entertainment at bar area consisted of the radio being on and films without sound and Greek subtitles. Family run hotel seems to mean that it is a large family home in which you are a guest, very strange and artificial.

It is too far from the main resort and beaches to be convenient; not far enough from the road to be quiet and not of sufficient quality to override either of these factors. If you want a good room in Crete go five star at least, (or self-cater) if you want cheap you can get much better, buy a guide book before you pay. It is a beautiful island; the weather is excellent and it is relaxing place to holiday but not at the Kamari."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of October 2006

Having read the comments of previous gue...

Reviewed Fri 29th of September 2006

"Having read the comments of previous guests I am afraid the Kamari Hotel did not come up to our expectations.

For a small hotel the swimming pool is a good size and the grounds are pleasant. You can choose to lie in full sun or shade - though there are occasional wafts from the drains and select your sunbed with care. Choosing to sit outside for breakfast was very pleasant and compensated for the lack of variation in menu. (As a veggie I was not comfortable with cheese slices and ham served from the same tray with the same tongs).

The room was an adequate size with a good-sized balcony with views over fields to the mountains (and the sea if you looked carefully!). The bathroom was adequate and there was always plenty of hot water. Cleanliness was not a strong point - good enough but only just. Towels were not changed often enough (3 times in 2 weeks), the bin was not emptied daily (a requirement with Greek plumbing!) and the floor never felt really clean.

We had no problems with any of the staff. They responded to requests but we found little of the really positive warm and friendly welcome reported by others. Several other guests made similar comments to us.

The Kamari is in a quiet location, especially if your room overlooks the pool - I guess the other side does get some road noise. It is a good 10 minute walk for fit people to the main village street. The route is lit, but not well, and some guests found this quite daunting. The route is also downhill so some people who struggled with walking complained to us about the return journey in particular.

The hotel did provide a very limited lunch and evening meal menu - OK if you liked meat and chips. We never tried it but people who had advised against trying. This meant most guests had to make the journey into the village to eat.

Once in the village there were a good number of restaurants which tended to be similar in what they offered but they were reasonably priced. Everyone we spoke to found a couple they preferred, and enjoyed.

The village also had bars, shops etc, and open till late, but it is generally a pretty quiet place. The beaches looked small, sandy, but not particularly attractive - we did not use them.

It was easy to get a bus (once you had got to the village) to other nearby resorts and there were plenty of car rental companies in the village too, undercutting the rep.
We would go back to Crete - it is beautiful, varied, interesting - though you need to make an effort to get out. We would not consider returning to the Kamari but would consider an overnight stop in Kokkini Hani as we have really good memories of our holiday overall.

• Travel date: Fri 29th of September 2006

We have just come back from a week in th...

Reviewed Thu 24th of August 2006

"We have just come back from a week in this resort and one word describes it, BRILLIANT. We were looking for a relaxed holiday and we got it.

My wife and I arrived in the early hours, within 10 minutes Jordan was showing his great sense of humour, we couldn't get the lights on in the room, "Have you paid your electricity bill back home" he asks, well I didn't realise that I needed to put the room key fob in the little electronic gadget just in site the door, we had a good laugh about it.

Both Jordan and Soula are lovely people, always there to help or just chat if that's want you want to do. All the staff, Jordan, Soula, Panos, Monica, Gabi and grandma are so friendly and helpful and make you feel at home, nothing is to much trouble for them.

Several times I sat on our balcony just looking out to sea and watching the airplanes lining up for the landing in the nearby airport. Don't let this put you off, you hardly notice them, but they are a great sight to watch if you like planes.

Kokkini Hani itself is a short stroll away where you will find many bars and restaurants and a whole host of other friendly characters, there is even a restaurant that does Fish and Chips on a Friday and Sunday Roast on a Sunday if you prefer to eat English style, it is also run by English people.

If you want to try one of the many traditional Greek restaurants these too are run by great and friendly people who will all give you the best attention and service.

We hired a Quad Bike for three days, which cost 60 euros and we had fun, we went up into the hills and got some great views of the area, we went along the various other small towns and villages along this part of the coastline and found other great beaches, people, restaurants and bars. Even the man that hired us the Quad Bike from General Motors Company in Kokkini Hani was game for a laugh and so laid back.

We very rarely return to resorts preferring instead to try different places, but I can honestly say we will quite possibly be returning to the Kamari Hotel we had such a lovely time there, it's relaxed, clean, and not over crowded.

Thank you Jordan, Soula and the staff, I said I would leave our comments here for all to see and I have. It was a pleasure staying with you and I hope we will be back soon.

• Travel date: Thu 24th of August 2006

Jordan and Soula and all the hotel team...

Reviewed Sun 30th of July 2006

"Jordan and Soula and all the hotel team make you feel extremely welcome in this quiet, family-run hotel away from the bustle of the main part of the resort. They are always available to assist you at any time of day and night.

The pool is large and never too busy. You always have access to a sun lounger and never feel crowded around the pool.

The lovely beach is a short walk away and Kokkini Hari is delightful. Plenty of very nice places to eat and never over-busy. Everyone in the area is so nice and continuously make you feel at home.

I had not been on holiday for 15 years and could not think of a better place to visit after all that time.

I had a brilliant time and felt very sad when i returned home that I wasn't still there. You must attend Jordan's delicious barbeque on Sundays, my mouth still waters at the thought.

Thank you Jordan, Soula, Panos, Monica, Gabi and even Grandma for a most wonderful week."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of July 2006

This is a well run, clean, family run ho...

Reviewed Thu 6th of July 2006

"This is a well run, clean, family run hotel. Jordan and his wife and family make you welcome and feel at home.

A beautiful large pool, older style accommodation, great chill out holiday or join the fun at the bar, the staff are friendly, and make you feel welcome as soon as you arrive and they never want you to leave!

There is a barbecue on Sundays, which is a must, as the family do al the cooking and the entertaining,, so again it is not impersonable, we guests all bonded at this party, as we had to dance Greek style....so it is a great place to make new friends or indeed as one couple did, get engaged on the last night, such is the evocative power of the Kamari Hotel! Well located for the beach, a 10 minute stroll away, as is the town, with an abundance restaurants and bars, to suit your pocket.

This is not a rowdy resort, very quiet and family orientated. Travel to other locations is available by the local bus service which is cheap and efficient. a great base to explore other parts of the island or just hang out at the pool or beach. Quiet location, even though the airport is about 30 mins away, it is not noisy. I felt the Kamari offered a true Greek experience.

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

Have you ever stayed in a place that fee...

Reviewed Tue 4th of July 2006

"Have you ever stayed in a place that feels just like home. That’s what you get when you come to Kamari Hotel.

Jordan and Soula and all the team make you feel very welcome and are always available day or night. Both myself and my partner will surely return. Sundays is BBQ night in the Hotel were all the guests get to meet each other. Making your own entertainment helped on by all the staff.

What fun we had helped on of course by the local beer and wine. Also the perfect place to relax by the pool no fighting for sun loungers here I can assure you. What a fantastic holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

We arrived in the early hours to be welc...

Reviewed Fri 30th of June 2006

"We arrived in the early hours to be welcomed by a big smile and a very friendly man. The man was Jordan who ensured our whole stay was enjoyable. Jordan and his family are master hosts and their bbq is one not to be missed!

The hotel has everything you need for a week or two in Kokkini Hani and trust me it is very hard to drag yourself away from the poolside! We have been lucky to have met not just Jordan and his family and friends but some lovely people also who we will keep in contact with. Overall we have had a wonderful stay at the Kamari Hotel and Kokkini Hani.

The hotel is at most a 15 minute walk from all amenities including a variety of restaurants including traditional Greek and international cuisine and a good selection of bars and a lovely stretch of clear blue sea and clean beach's. We found that the location of the hotel was perfect not too close but not too far. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday with comfortable surroundings this is the place! p.s. the bar is always stocked and ready to serve!! We will definitely be returning."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of June 2006

I came here with my friend for 2 weeks i...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"I came here with my friend for 2 weeks in August and was made to feel extremely welcome within hours of being here, it's a well kept hotel with high customer standards of customer services, I really mean it the staff are fantastic and always make time to chat.

It's really close to the town and the beaches, which really are amazing, there are parts for relaxing and also great watersport facilities with scenic views and fantastic sunsets.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Kamari and I would recommend it to anyone reading this review, seriously, you’ll have a great time, it's great for all. I will certainly plan to come here again!

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

Hotels near Kamari Hotel

Top traveller tips for Kamari Hotel

• Briallian holidays by Briallian holidays

"brilliand hotel,friendly ,family run, and ask from jordan sex on the beach fantastic coktail "

Kamari Hotel is also called