About Eri Sun Village Water Park

• tennis court
  • water park

Good

Absolutely disgusting!!! If you read any review, read this one!!!!!

Reviewed Mon 8th of September 2014

"Me and my husband have just returned from this hotel after a week to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. We travelled here in August 2014 after booking with Teletext. In all our years of travelling this is the WORST hotel we have ever stayed in. It is absolutely NOT a 4* hotel and would get a 2* at best. The staff are rude, the food is disgusting, freezing cold and inedible. They serve the same food at breakfast, lunch and dinner which meant we were ordering out every night - not what you would expect having paid for all inclusive. We wouldnt let a dog stay here. The room offered to us smelt so bad we nearly vomited, there was blood stains on the bed sheets, grime and mould EVERYWHERE - not fit for purpose in anyway shape or form. We were eventually changed rooms, having waited in reception for 7 hours. When we arrived at the hotel at 3.30am we could not even get a glass of water, the managers response was a simple 'NO, not until breakfast opened' 3 hours later. All inclusive is a joke - the bar closes at 10pm and the drinks are very limited. The hotel is located at the top of a very steep hill and there is no lighting which means to see we had to use our phone. The rooms are 'supposedly' cleaned everyday but they just make the bed (without changing the sheets) and empty the bins.

If you have children, you will regret coming here, if you are on a romantic break you will regret coming here. There is no entertainment, the facilities are either broken, on their way out or too dangerous to use. There is no lifeguard so children only have their parents to protect them. The toilets have urine all over them and are not cleaned during the day. The pool is not cleaned and so you will find bugs, leaves and all sorts in there.

I always write reviews as I think they are really helpful when deciding to part with a considerable amount of money, if you take notice of any please take notice of this one. I would never wish this experience on anyone - not even my worse enemy."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2014

its ok for a week

Reviewed Tue 20th of September 2011

"just got back from eri sun village.Booked with olymic holidays. we was delayed 11 hours going from birmingham airport. we should of flown at 10.25am we eventually took off at 21.50pm hours. we had to wait for another plane as the one we was going on had a fault.arrived at resort hotel about 04.30 in the morning. non speaking english guy booked us in and gave us a map to find our room. the room was very hard to find as there were no lights on around the appartment blocks.i had to use the torch on my phone to see where we was going up a very steep hill.room was very basic two beds dressing table wardrobe safety deposit hairdryer fridge. shower sink toilet. sheets looked clean but mattress smelt dirty. tv no english channels. aircon didnt work unless you paid 3 euros a night. safety deposit 15 euros a week. the apartment blocks are up a steep hill and if unlucky enough to get one at the back you have along walk to the pools and for your meals. food was nice always something to eat. some greek dishes. salad bar basic and sweets the same every night. breakfast egg bacon sausage. was ok. toast forget it. it took to long 10 times through the toaster to get it to go brown. too many wasps around the jam some actually stuck in the jam not nice.poeple complained but they didnt seem bothered by it.
There are two pool areas one salt. one very quite with no bar. the other nice with bar plenty of sun beds but you find everyone trying to get the same sunny spots. polish with no manners pushed there way under my unmbrella.GET YOUR OWN.
Drinks not much choice saki ouzo brandy cola lemon soda water orange juice. the rest you had to pay for. at 11pm the bar closed no service after that.you cant even buy a drink. very boring at night nothing to do. a long walk to the beech down a very steep road. you need a taxi back 5 euros. beech was pebble not very big.

all in all this is not a four star hotel. more like apartment blocks. pool 8/10 bar 4/10 room 5/10 food 6/10 location 3/10 weather 10/10.olmplic reps non had ring office to see what time the coach picked us up for airport. "

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2011

Faulty Towers

Reviewed Fri 21st of August 2009

"We had booked to stay at the Mareblue Village Hotel which looked wonderful. However, 12 hours before we were due to fly I luckily checked my emails to discover that they had overbooked at our chosen hotel. So because of this we had the opportunity to upgrade to a 5* hotel with free access to the local water park or we could cancel our holiday (so not really any choice unless we wanted to disappoint the children).
I checked out the hotel online and discovered it was a 4* and read the reviews which gave me some idea of what we were being sent to.

So we turned up at 11.30pm and was greeted by a receptionist who ticked us off the list and gave us the key and a map to our room and not much else (check out time etc) because she was to busy on her mobile phone. Fortunately for us a very kind member of the hotel staff just happened to be around and kindly showed us to our rooms and helped with our luggage.

The room was very basic, I have stayed in better 3* hotels. The general cleanliness of the place was good but when I looked under the beds I could have stuffed a mattress with the amount of dust underneath it. I went to check out the bathroom and the light wasn't working and neither was the hair dryer. I went to the room next door where my other family members were staying and their air conditioning wasn't working. So off we went on the first trip down to reception. The receptionist was just in the middle of painting her nails this time when I complained about the faults. She told me that she would send someone 'directly'. I had already read some of the reviews online about faults not been sorted so I decided to mend the light myself and then took the bulb to the 'busy' receptionist the next morning and told her I had sorted it myself. She looked confused and had forgotten that it needed repairing.

The next morning we met another family who had experienced the same upset we had with the hotels and had also been informed of the change right at the last minute. The amount of money we had paid to stay at our chosen hotel was more than what it would have cost us if we had booked to stay at the Eri Sun Village. Yet we were told we were being upgraded

The food was ok but set meal times only even though we paid for all inclusive. Drinks were always available.

We had entertainment on the Saturday night but that was it so we bought a pack of playing cards from the shop and played Fish and Snap with the children.

There was no shuttle bus provided to the town or the beach directly from the hotel so it was a walk down the hill or a taxi.

The 'free access to the water park' wasn’t a perk for us it applied to everyone but you had to pay for your bed, brolly and wasn't allowed to take a picnic.

The hotel has a lot of potential to be a lovely pleasant 4* but it isn’t given the opportunity.

To finish on a positive the pool was great for the kids. they had a great time playing in them and enjoyed the water slides, as did we."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of August 2009

My husband and 2 children, aged 14 and 1...

Reviewed Mon 24th of September 2007

"My husband and 2 children, aged 14 and 10, went here in July this year and it was a nightmare. We arrived at the hotel after our hotel had been changed for a third time. When we got to our room my 10 yr old son ran through the glass door on to the balcony as there was no safety glass and no stickers on the glass , which meant my son had to endure 2 1/2 hours in surgery and had to have 48 stitches to his legs, hands and feet.

The management moved our room from the second block to the fourth block which was further up a very steep hill; the management did not seem to take into consideration my son was now on 2 crutches. The only place where there was stickers on the glass was at the gym area which was also where the kids played and was not supervised, it was an accident waiting to happen.

The food was very poor and re-heated on several occasions and the entertainment was a joke. Our rep eventually arranged with the management for entertainment but we had to pay for the bar (please note this was an all inclusive holiday).

I would very strongly advise anybody stay well clear of the Eri Palace especially if you have children.

The hotel is clean and looks great in the pictures but it is a death trap. If the glass doors don’t get you the walking up the hills will!

• Travel date: Mon 24th of September 2007

Avoid this hotel at all costs! I read th...

Reviewed Thu 23rd of August 2007

"Avoid this hotel at all costs! I read these comments before my holiday & thought I would go with an open mind but the place is really as dire as previous comments on here.

The food is very basic, you will not starve here but you will not enjoy any meals available. It really is the cheapest, most bland food they can serve up. Most of it is in cabinets in direct sunlight, including yoghurt/margarine, dairy etc. Salad/fruit had flies on it!

The all-inclusive drinks are disgusting; warm beer, undrinkable wine, ouzo/raki, cheap brandy & the only thing I drank was plain soda water!! Coke from the machines is syrupy & flat. We bought vodka/cokes from the local supermarket as there was really nothing else available. Even drinking water is luke warm from a tap.

There atmosphere here is very subdued as I expect everyone else staying there is of the same opinion once arriving "what have we done?!" The staff are miserable, there is no entertainment & apart from sleeping there we spent our holiday away from the place.

We did try the facilities of the Eri beach hotel which were better but the food/drinks are the same at both hotels. If you have already booked & are reading this review, my advice would be to take a lot more spending money as you will be eating/ drinking a lot.

In case you are thinking of booking because you have been offered a cheap deal, don’t!!!! The only good thing about this is that in Crete you are pretty much guaranteed the sunshine & the port of Hersonissos is very nice to visit.

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

***GREAT HOLIDAY - PLEASE READ*** Afte...

Good
Reviewed Thu 2nd of August 2007

" ***GREAT HOLIDAY - PLEASE READ***

After booking our holiday to the Eri Palace, we looked at the reviews on line & were worried about where we would be going. However, we needn't have worried, we had a fantastic holiday!!

The complex was very Greek & pretty. We were in "Alexander the Great" block, facing the mini amphi-theatre, which was probably one of the best blocks to be in. The only problem was that the sun faced our apartment in the afternoon & it got baking!!

The apartment itself was lovely & clean although basic. It was cleaned, beds made, glasses washed every single day. We had a 2 bed roomed apartment which included free AC. It helped, but wasn't fantastic, however several days of our holiday were in the 40's (during the time of forest fires in Greece).

When we arrived, English schools hadn't broke up for the holidays yet & there was only about a dozen English in the complex. Other Nationalities included French, German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Swedish, Belgium, and Swiss. However, towards the end of our fortnight, there were more British (probably about 1/10 of holiday makers). All our kids made British & foreign friends.

The food was fab. Something’s were the same every day, but there was also lots of variety.

Food isn't served throughout the day, just at regular mealtimes. However, there is "coffee time" at about 4pm at both pool bars. They serve cookies & cake, which you can have with coffee from the machine.

One of my 2 complaints was the lack of vodka! The beer was fine, obviously nothing special. The main bar & both pool bars operate a help yourself system of beer, raki, ouzo, brandy, coffee, & soft drinks. No vodka!! So I bought Vodka in the mini-market on site quite cheaply. Both pool bars shut at about 6pm.

The couple that run the mini-market on site are lovely. The mini-market supplies pretty much everything & considering it has a captured market, it is very reasonable.

There are 2 different pool areas. The top pool is 1.8m throughout but with a small baby pool at the end. And the lower pool is smaller & starts shallow, deepening to 1.5m. There is also a raised area with another baby pool. We spent nearly all of our time by the lower pool as it was close to the bar!

There is no evening or daytime entertainment at the Eri Palace, which we were aware of prior to booking, but some people we spoke to thought there was entertainment. You are able to get the free shuttle bus down to the Eri Beach Village which is on the front, but it does get packed down there.

We spent our evenings drinking with friends on the veranda or in reception of the Eri Palace & didn't feel the need to leave.

There is a gym downstairs, but it is a bit of a worry as the equipment doesn't look all that safe so we avoided it. There are ping-pongs tables downstairs & tennis courts also. Paddles & rackets can be borrowed from reception.

I hope you haven't gone to sleep by the end of this review, but I wanted to let everyone know how nice the Eri Palace is!!

All in all, we had a very relaxing, enjoyable holiday. We would definitely go back to the Eri Palace."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of August 2007

Great Hols @ Eri Palace

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"***GREAT HOLIDAY - PLEASE READ***
The apartment itself was lovely & clean although basic. It was cleaned, beds made, glasses washed every single day. We had a 2 bedroomed apartment which included free AC. It helped, but wasn't fantastic, however several days of our holiday were in the 40's (during the time of forest fires in Greece)
When we arrived, English schools hadn't broke up for the holidays yet & there was only about a dozen English in the complex. Other Nationalities included French, German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Swedish, Belgium and Swiss. However, towards the end of our fortnight, there were more British (probably about 1/10 of holiday makers). All our kids made British & foreign friends.
The food was fab. Somethings were the same every day, but there was also lots of variety. My 7yr old daughter is extremely fussy & she still managed to find something to eat every mealtime. The waiters/waitresses are prompt at cleaning the tables & are helpful & polite.
One of my 2 complaints was the lack of vodka! The beer was fine, obviously nothing special. The main bar & both pool bars operate a help yourself system of beer, raki, ouzo, brandy, coffee & soft drinks. No vodka!! So I bought Vodka in the mini-market on site quite cheaply. Both pool bars shut at about 6pm.
There are 2 different pool area's. The top pool is 1.8m throughout but with a small baby pool at the end. And the lower pool is smaller & starts shallow, deepening to 1.5m. There is also a raised area with another baby pool. We spent nearly all of our time by the lower pool as it was close to the bar! Also, the pool was slightly smaller so our 6 & 7 yr old kids could get to the side of the pool without any help. My 2nd complaint is that the pool toilets were a bit yucky! We tried to only use the toilets in the apartment because they were not that clean. I think people forget that toilet paper can't be put down the loo.
All in all, we had a very relaxing, enjoyable holiday.
We would definitely go back to the Eri Palace."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

Avoid at all costs

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Arrived at Eri Palce after bus negoitiated its way half way up a hill so steep it could be a mountain. Some of the guests needed a car to take their case from the reception to the rooms it was so steep. The rooms we were given were okay, clean with plenty of space. This is a so called all inclusive hotel, but it was really breakfast, lunch and dinner with a few cheap drinks thrown in. The food was very poor, cold and the same very night. It was never covered so it was a fight between you and the flies to see who got it first. Sauces, mustard, jams etc were all emptied into large bowls. When they got low the staff just topped them up, without cleaning them out. God knows how long the stuff in the bottom was in there. We didnt use them again after seeing this being done. There is no entertainment in this hotel so unless you want a long exhausting walk, paying for taxis or be tied to the overfilled mini bus which takes you to the sister hotel at very specific times then you better bring a pack of cards. The staff are very rude and just shrug their shoulders when you make any complaints. Do yourself a favour book elsewhere!"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

Excelent holiday

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"We arrived at Eri Palace, people very helpful, mini bus for transfer visitors to their rooms & shuttle bus always on time to the Eri Beach.
Stuff very helpful & happy, food very nice. The room was very clean & swimming pools amazing."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

Having just arrived back from Eri "palac...

Reviewed Sun 8th of July 2007

"Having just arrived back from Eri "palace" literally yesterday, I feel compelled to warn all who is going, do not in any way, shape or form expect the 4* rating which has been described to you back the tour operator.

I have read you like you are doing now, the reviews to get a sneak preview for what is to come. Well all the reviews are very true.

The food is a joke - continental breakfasts, food, which I strongly believe was simply re-heated as you, could tell by the pasta been hard on top.

The apples were black in the middle. I'm not planning on eating spaghetti bol for at least 6 months as my diet mainly consisted of that for the week.

There was a very very poor choice of drinks simply fizzy pop, hot drinks (tea / coffee), flat fizzy beer, red n white wine (cant comment didn’t bother trying), brandy, ouzo (obviously) and raki (which I can only describe as mentholated spirits. This is no way raki I’ve been to Turkey and believe me that is not raki)

I went with 3 other mates so it wasn’t an issue with family entertainment and kids clubs, however there were a lot of families there, all of whom complained about the nonexistent entertainment. When it came to entertainment kids are kids so they'll entertain themselves, however this isn’t the point.

The maids are very friendly and try their best to help out, however the same can’t be said for the rest of the staff including the manager. I got the impression that the British were of nonsense, one of the receptionists was very arrogant and just rolled her eyes back every time I spoke to her.

Overall I did enjoy myself you make your holiday what it is and in a few weeks I will be looking back with fond memories with a smile, thinking I won’t be mountaineering anytime soon.

I just feel sorry for the families who have paid a lot of money for their hols only to spend most of it complaining to a manager and staff, who say that you are the only one who complains. ha ha

Enjoy :)

Greg."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of July 2007

We arrived happily at Eri Palace at 2am...

Reviewed Tue 10th of October 2006

"We arrived happily at Eri Palace at 2am and were amazed, it all looked so beautiful, we went to bed happy, the next morning though we realised that it was far from being a palace! The food was poor, you don’t want to eat the same things every single night, especially when it was that bad, I spent the week eating bread and butter!

Even the choice of drinks was extremely poor, the juice was clearly very cheap stuff that tasted of nothing, there was an extremely poor choice of alcohol!

There was no entertainment at the hotel, we had to travel to the sister hotel for some form of entertainment, and boy was it entertaining!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of October 2006

German Hi Di Hi on a Hill

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"From the moment of arriving at The Hotel Eri Palace my holiday went down?. The room which we had been allocated was under the restuarant but just by the entrance into room was alot of black rubbish bags full, the large bins was also full with rubbish and it smelt, no lights was on to guide us over the uneven dirt road. We was issued a new room but the only one we could have was up a very lot of steps but now only did we have to go up but then we had to come down steps to get to our room, these steps was not lite either and we had to go very slow. The food was the same every day , on the internet it states that the hotel has Greek Food and Internation Cruisine? They only served food suitable for the Germans to eat we ended up eating out nearly every day (and not just english food) All Inclusive Drink what a laugh most of the time there was not cups, glasses or even milk for coffee. We felt like we were only there to make up the numbers and we were not catered for in any way. The Gym was filled with rusty and broken equipment, table tennis tables only 1 had a net and the bats could do with replacing, The tennis courts had no nets, bats with no strings and very hard to find any balls. Swimming pools are both salt water and yet one should be frest water! No entertainment during day or night and the only television is in Germans? There was nowhere to buy a drink after 11pm at night unless you went down the steep hill and back up again. This is the first holiday I have been so glad to come home from even with the sun shinning bright. I would never reccommend this Hotel to any one, I took note of previous reviews and ended up having HOLIDAY FROM HELL"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of October 2006

Hotels near Eri Sun Village Water Park

Top traveller tips for Eri Sun Village Water Park

• nikkisha29 by nikkisha29

"Cafe Bar Crystal which is a new bar.modern, cheap, great food and secure play area for children "

• biddy1 by biddy1

"need more transport shuttle bus only seats 9 people at one time. not for older people. "