Eri Beach & Village

Beachfront, Hersonissos, Crete 700 14 Greece

Eeerie Beach

"Just don't go here! Not nice at all, complete waste of money. This is supposedly a beach hotel. ha! The 'beach' was basically rocks and rubble. We couldn't find a beach with sand for miles around, the nearest thing was Star Beach which is more like a field than a beach. In terms of all-inclusive, we had to eat out everyday as the food was completely inedible amd the drinks available were poor (unless you like to drink vinegar!) The sevice at the Eeerie Beach also leaves a lot to be desired.

I wish I had read these reviews before booking!"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of April 2006

go just for the pool

Good

"Myself and my two best friends stayed here for a week in July 2005.
There are many good things about this hotel, but some bad as well.
Positives are - the pool! it is the biggest pool ever and in fact there are 4 of them. One of them is huge, and the other three are fairly big also, with one a childrens pool. The scenery around the hotel is also very nice, providing you look out towards Hersonissos itself. To one side of the hotel is Star Beach, which is a 'fun' park, with a live disco which plays the most awful music most of the day. After a while you do not really notice it though, and it didn;t really disturb me by the pool and relaxing. it did not keep us awake at night either.
we had a room on the ground floor of the main block. It had a double and single bed, which for three friends was okay, although not ideal. The bathroom was a bit gruby, but very big with a lovely bath and shower. The room also had a fridge which was a bonus and a nice balcony looking towards the pool. there was a shop on site which sold nice ice creams. There were several bars and clubs near by and those which were further away, there was a pleasant walk to them along the sea front.
The beach in Hersonissos was nice and much better then the beach at Malia. We went out in Malia afew times. we caught the bus there several nigths and got a cab back which cost about £8.
Hersonissos itself is lovely, with nice restaurants which are reasonably priced and lots of great shops - easpecially for jewellry.
The down side of this hotel was probably the fact that there were not many english people there - a lot of germans and danish. The restaurant was big, but had large smoking sections which meant that if you could not get a seat in the non smoking bit you had to sit with the smokers. The food was not that great, although each day there was something that I liked,a nd I am quite fussy. the main probelm with the food was the smell, of everything cooked and the smells mixed together. once you got over this though it was fine."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of February 2006

Eri Beach Hotel = terrible - don't go there!!!

"I went with a friend of mine to the Eri Beach Hotel for one week mid October - please don't consider spending your holiday in that hotel. It is worth 1.5 star - the rooms are old, dirty, no hot water (when you're lucky to have water), the service is terrible, the staff is grumpy, and most important of all the food is dangerous for your health; we both came back with food poisoning... The pictures of the hotel on the Internet must be 10 years old; you would not recognize it at all when you arrive there..."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of November 2005

Danger Danger Danger Danger Danger Danger Danger

"If you are considering going to this hotel I beg you please dont. My family and I went on th 26th August 2005. Upon arriving at 5am we were told our room had been double booked, also five other families that arrived at the same time as us were told the same. They do this to lots of visitors as they have a sister hotel about a twenty minute walk away up a very steep hill, they tell you it will only be for one day but they leave you there with no shuttle service for your entire stay. We all stood together and refused to move to the other hotel, after six hours waiting with children that had been up all night they eventually found us rooms.
My god I wish they hadn't. We were given a room in the block set back from the main reception room 103, the access was by walking through a games room with snooker tables in,there weren't any doors just sliding glass doors seven foot by seven foot.
My eight year old son ran through the glass door as there were't any stickers on the glass so show that it was closed, unfortunately he thought the door was open and ran straight through, He is lucky to be alive. We spent our entire holiday in Hospital my son had to have plastic surgery on his face and an operation on his leg, the glass should have been safety glass and this would have prevented the accident from happening, he should have hit his head and bounced off it, so if your thinking as we did oh it cant be that bad people always complain about holidays, beleive me we have to live with our son looking at his scarred face every day and blaming ourselves for taking him to that godforsaken place. I beg you do not take your children there!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of October 2005

Fantastic !!

"Just got back from erie beach hotel, had a fantastic time! Highly recomended!

Staff are really friendly, food is fantastic and the view of the mountains and sea are breathtaking

the price is amaizingly cheep, and i can't find fault with it at all!"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of September 2005

Don't go here!!!

"we arrived at the eri palace hotel to find a 'bar' with no drinks apart from ouzo, raki and soft drinks- also two nine year olds were taking the alcohol and drinking it which is very dangerous!!!
There is an extremaly steep and long hill to walk from the beach area to the hotel, it is aproximatly 900m long and aproximtly half a mile high from the beach!
It is full of foreigners and the management are arrogant and dont care about their holiday makers, the food is awful when it is supposed to be an all-inclusive hotel- IT IS NOT! There is no snacks, or alcohal in the morning, afternoon and evening!
There is too many stairs for elderly people and there is no lifts for disabled people!
DO NOT COME HERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE A GOOD HOLIDAY BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT GET IT!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of August 2005

not so bad

"Just got back from a weeks holiday. Three in our party. After reading all these reviews we were a bit worried about staying here, but found it a good break in a good resort.We arrived at 6am where the man on reception gave us our keys and told us where to find our room. He was not the most pleasant but told us everything we needed to know. Our room was excellent with very good air con, cleaned and fresh towels everyday.
We only made two breakfasts as we like our sleep, so we weren`t getting to the pool until after 10.30. We had no problems finding sun beds. Drinks and food were ok, if i`m honest the food did become a bit repetitive as the week went by. Great fruit though with every meal. There were lots of Germans and the hotel entertainment is primarily in german, but if you don`t like forigeners, holiday in England !!!! Afternoons at 4.00 theres a great selection of cake, not to be missed.Next door to the hotel is starbeach where theres a mini waterpark with some great slides, only 8 Euros for the day. We went twice.
All things considered, this was a good holiday. If you are thinking of going would suggest you ask for a room in the village as they are more modern.
One other thing, lots of mossi`s in the evenings, so be prepared."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

would go back

Good

"Went to the eri beach hotel with my parents, aunt, cousin & young brother, we all had a great time. The manager is a grim kinda guy with absoloutely no personality. The reception staff are not so helpful, there was a grumpy looking man when we arrived around 2am, although he turned out to be really nice - the restaurant staff were not pleasant at all. The other staff are lovely. The food was grand - lots of variation (and I count myself as being difficult as I'm vegetarian) The fruit is beautiful. The rooms were cleaned and towels changed on a daily basis - don't forget to leave the ladies a tip before you leave. The beer, wine, ouzo, brandy, tea, coffee & soft drinks were all free till 11pm. After that there is the beach bar, the bartender Panos is very fine indeed, there you can get cocktails, shots, beers and basically anything - the craic is good there. I would say that the hotel gym is not so good and there is not much in the games room although it managed to keep two 15yr old boys entertained. The hotel pools are lovely with plenty of sun loungers about, one would need to go early to get one. The kids entertainment is good, mostly german speaking, there are swings and slides also for the babies. This hotel is right on the beach, right beside star beach, not far from town & the entertainment - what more do you want??? Would definately recommend 'The Black Cactus' bar in town if you want a mad night out. Also would definately recommend a very good mosquito repellant - being ate alive is not much fun."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of July 2005

Okay

"The setting is nice and they have lots of facilities, such as three pools, a gym, table tennis, basketball court, two tennis courts, water sports etc. The beach isn't the nice sandy type but the water is clean and you can swim in the sea. There's loud German pop music going on randomly throughout the day, which is a shame if you're not into that sort of thing. My biggest complaint about this place is that the food and drink are really substandard. They economise greatly on food and drink, so neither were very enjoyable. This is a shame as I personally think food and drink are very important in all-inclusive hotels. The local restaurants looked really nice, so next time I think I'd rather go to a breakfast-only hotel and eat out. There are no cocktails offerred and there are very few places to get drinks. The wine is rubbish, the beer okay and there is a good selection of soft drinks. Local spirits are provided in big unlabeled bottles."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of October 2004

Thinking of Eri Hotel - DONT!! not as advertised.

"Hi to everyone who is thinking of going to this hotel DONT DONT DONT!......... please read on for the bits that arent advertised!

This hotel is advertised as 3* superior maybe on Mars it is, but not this planet!! even by Greek standards I would give this place 2* at most (I'm feeling generous)

Eri in general. (be warned by the name!)
Firstly everything here is geared towards the German's, now personally I dont have a probem there, but if you want to get a sun lounger make sure your up before 8 am to bag a place. Entertainment is provided by the staff who work in the restaurant & hotel & its all in German. No West End/Broadway applicants here!

Accommadation (not so good)
It was advertised as a hotel with 230 rooms.... hmmm thats another one for the liars guide!! They forget to mention the holiday village which is part of the complex (capacity for at least 400 other people) although to be fair, some of them were nice, not quite 3*! ours was certainly NOT, so it seems to be the luck of the draw. The room was damp due to a large leak in the bedroom, that the cleaners covered up daily by a towel. The walls were dirty & they had dead bugs on them for added decorcation (blood squashed mosquito's) Bedclothes were stained and the bathroom had seen better days. The village apartments were only built last year & they are already of a poor standard.

Food! (at your own risk)
SHOCKING SHOCKING SHOCKING
feeding time at the zoo is between 6-9, unless you can live for 7days (or if you've made a huge mistake 14 days) on soup or Fetta cheese & salads...... really dont bother with this place. The staff (who dont seem to know much English or choose not to speak it) were definitely not of the over friendly type by any means.

Overall I felt this place was totally missold to us, If I had been told what to expect I wouldnt be so annoyed, I just would have avoided the place big time!

If you want an enjoyable hotel with a friendly atmosphere try somewhere else."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of September 2004

Hundreds of Wasps in the Dining Room

"Been from the 30th August for 10 days. Everything ok except we booked All Inclusive and spent most of the time eating out which compromised our money situation. The problem was the food and in particular any sweet stuff. Wasps were on and buried in the jams, marmalade, cakes, cereals etc. They were getting up the nozzles of the drinks machines, they were buzzing around us when we were eating and to make matters worse my friend accidentally got one in her mouth, lucky for her it was already dead. The hotel staff didn't cover the food up and they tried to stop us taking photos and a video.
Our Rep from Thomas Cook was aware of the situation but nothing changed while we were there and people still kept arriving from the UK. The other hotels in the region didn't have this problem and I think we should have been placed somewhere else while the wasp problem was sorted out. Meal times were stressful and because we had to eat out, the holiday cost us a lot more than it should have. Won't be booking again with Thomas Cook in a hurry.

Stayed August 2011"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2011

Got there at 4am, from the outside i was...

Good

"Got there at 4am, from the outside i wasn't that impressed but overall it is a very nice hotel. We was left to make our own way to our room and the hotel is huge. There is about 10 different blocks.

Swimming pools are large but are salt water. Hundreds of Sunbeds so you can always find somewhere to sunbathe. Right next to the sea (No beach), be careful if you have small children. Can be quite slippy near the sea.
There is a Chinese Massuer by the pool who you can go to for all different massages.

All Inc Drinks - not very good. Your choice is, Raki Ouzo Brandy Beer Wine Soft Drinks. I went to Majorca a couple of months back and the choice was amazing. It was all there own brands but you could have whatever you wanted including cocktails.

Food - Large restaurant. Quite a variation but dont expect your English food. Cereal, Fruit, Yoghurt and Continental in the morning. Alot of German Food. There is always a large choice on but not if your a fussy eater. In September this hotel was FULL of germans. We overheard 2 other English couples and there was about 300 people at the hotel that week. They are really greedy and pile their food up. Theyre waiting outside the restaurant 20minutes before it opens. Sometimes your best waiting an hour before going for your meal. Wait till the queue dies down.

The Town - We ate out 4 times. 'Passage to India' is a must if you like Indian food. If you walk into the town which is just round the corner, it is near the bottom up a side street on the left hand side. its the only Authentic Indian in Greece. We also went for a Chinese. 2 min walk from the hotel. Its called 'Lee Garden' on the right hand side. They were both lovely. We went to a little bar/cafe everyday too, called 'Pietra'. Its very friendly and do lovely crepes and if you like your fatty foods every so often .. 'Gyros.'

The beaches arn't that good in Hersonissos. theyre very small and most man made. We went to a little aquarium which is at the bottom of the strip, near the spar on the right hand side. Its 5Euro for adults and 3Euro for children. Once you pay you can go back as many times while on your holidays. Its only small but worth a visit.

We got a Quad and drove upto Malia. Its lovely and its worth getting a Full English while your there yum yum. Red Lion in Malia is also great for the Sunday Carvery.

All in All a good holiday but i don't think i could have done 2 weeks at the hotel. A week was long enough."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of October 2008

Hotels near Eri Beach & Village

Stayed at Eri Beach & Village? Share your insight.

Eri Beach & Village is also called