Creta Blue Suites

Ipsilantou St, Koutouloufari, Hersonissos, Crete 700 14 Greece

Creta Blue - a perfect base for a wonderful holiday

Good

"We have just returned from a wonderful two weeks holiday at Creta Blue.

We booked a 'deluxe suite', which was adequate for our needs (two adults and two teenagers) although we would probably go for an executive suite next time for a little more space (separate bedroom). We will also book directly next time, since the holiday company we went with didn't do much to earn their mark-up and the difference would more than pay for the better room and transfers (and the hotel offers all holiday rep services anyway).
The rooms are clean and comfortable and are cleaned six days a week.

As other people have said, George, Helen and Vangelis were great hosts, with nothing ever too much trouble. Whatever you needed at any time of day or night, they are available to help.

The bar and restaurant services were excellent and if you didn't want to you could easily spend two weeks on site.
That said, Koutouloufari and the other local villages are very pretty and there are many places to eat and drink. They are all good quality (we didn't have a bad meal), but not necessarily completely authentic. However, that makes eating out with youngsters easier and traditional Greek cuisine is available if you are prepared to seek it out.

Another thing worth noting is that this is a very sociable place and in no time at all we found ourselves talking to other guests, who were a mixture of Dutch, Greek, English, French, Spanish etc. Obviously this isn't obligatory, but the cosmopoilitan family atmosphere did contribute to our enjoyment overall. This was especially evident on the Greek bar-b-q night -- not to be missed if you're there on one of the alternate Saturdays these take place.

Overall we had an excellent holiday and were very sorry to leave. We will definitely be back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Just in response to one or two of the more negative comments made in recent months:

TV - yes it was small and had Greek channels only, but watching TV isn't high on our agenda during a Greek holiday. Football matches etc are available in the many bars if that's what you want.

On up a steep hill - yes, but that should be no surprise if you do any sort of research beforehand. No problem for us, but the higher apartments could be tricky for the elderly or infirm.

Mobile phone reception - not a problem for Europeans anyway. But if I went to the Americas and my phone didn't work, I don't think I'd consider that to be anyone else's problem but my own and certainly not the hotel's!

But I guess some people are just difficult to please!"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

4 star hotel 6 star hospitality

"I am just returning from a week holiday (still in the hotel). This place is ideal for people who want to relax and have piece of mind about everything. George the manager will fullfill all your requests and together with his family will make you feel like home. I was talking with other guests which most of them were from Europe and they agreed with my feelings that Creta Blue is like a big house and you are treated as a guest and not as a customer!! Eleni the mother of George cooks everyday for her guests and i have to say that she cooks fantastic.
All these, together with the fantastic views from all the rooms and the nice pool make Creta Blue an ideal place for holidays. I will be back for sure!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Small piece of Heaven

"Am just back from a week long stay in Creta Blue Suites in Koutouloufari and i have to say, both myself and my boyfriend had the most amazing week. I will admit i was a bit apprehensive as i booked our accomodation on the internet and had no previous knowledge as to what it was like. However, after arriving in Creta Blue, i was delighted to discover it was exactly how it was described on their web pages, we were made to feel very welcome by George, and the views from our room, the pool and the bar were spectactular! The service was second to none, our room was cleaned every day, sheets changed, fresh towels etc and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. the bar and restaurant were fab, wide variety on the menu, and the food was yummy. This was my first time in Crete, but both Fergus and I wil be returning every year to Creta Blue if we can. The hotel is amazing, and we certainly had no complaints and were very very happy."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

Could have been better

"We stayed at Creta Blue for our honeymoon in June, and had informed the staff at the time of booking that we were celebrating our wedding. We were reassured our stay would be made special, although when we arrived this had been forgotten and we were put in a basic room until we asked George the manager to move us to an alternative room (at extra cost to us). We had been told we would be given a bottle of champagne but that never happened! Kind of ruined things for us.
For small families and small groups the suites are fine, the rooms clean and with aircon thank goodness, but we just didn't get the feeling that the owners really cared. It was a very like it or lump it attitude and at one point I was nearly in tears!
We did have one evening at the suites which was great, where the owners cooked traditional food for us, but I think it was more the bar staff that made the evening enjoyable. They work so hard and deserve some big tips!
Final comments- don't go if you're expecting something that little bit special. The views/site was great but attention to the finer details were missing- not great for honeymooners."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

Fantastic Place

"I am really surprised from what the previous writer mentioned about this amazing hotel. I have been in Greece many times and I have to admit that Creta Blue Suites is above the standards. The room was very clean and of course there is a lock on the doors. I stayed there for 14 days with my fiancιe and I would definitely go back. The family of Creta Blue is working very hard to please everybody and so far they have succeeded that. I also had to climb a hill to go to my room but that’s the price you pay for the FANTASTIC view I had even from my bed. This is clearly stated in their website as well. The food that Eleni was preparing for us almost every day was marvelous and after a few visits in the village we were staying every night in the hotel for dinner. Hot water we had everyday and I cannot explain what the previous writer mentioned. Maybe he was expecting a 5 star Hotel but this is a 4 star. George the owner showed us the 2 penthouse suites they have and we will definitely be back to stay in one of them for sure. Only one think I can say: Thank for the fantastic Holiday Creta Blue Suites."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

are you joking?

"out of all the places we stayed at in greece this was the worst by far. lets say false advertising! I have never felt so vulnerable before. They do not have a lock on the door, phone in the room, warm water.. the list goes on. I guess for spme people this is "quaint". We went there as part of our honeymoon we stayed in mykonos, santorini, athens and then crete. Our family couldnt contact us inat creta blue suites because our canadian cellular would not work in greece and apparently this was our problem. tThey dont even provide a courtesy phone and their internet service was down aswell! Their response was "everyone has a cell these days so if you need to get a hold of us just call the front desk" with our cellular... .....$$..... We had the maid walk in on us about 5 times there is no do not disturb sign for the door we ended up blocking the door with their horrible "antique furniture" We had to hike up a ridiculous hill to get to our room it was at the very top and nice infinity pool looks like ours! Just dont pay to stay here it ruined our honeymoon and cause many tears. Thanks Creta blue suite for your false advertising!
-The newlyweds"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of August 2007

Super Friendly Hotel

Good

"This is a super friendly hotel and credit must be given to the owners and staff for this who seem genuine in their client care, inparticular George who is the owners son and works the reception and bar.

If you do stay here and you are making your own way be sure to get driving directions in advance. Whilst not hidden it would be almost impossible to find without directions. But don't let that put you off. Just email George if he has not contacted you already and they will provide you with perfect directions and it all becomes extrememly simple.

The hotel is set just outside of the small village with ample restaurants and small shops and a far cry away from Hersonisis below which is probably best avoided.

The hotel is built up a hillside so the walk can be steep from reception to the rooms at the top. Keep this in mind if you have any problems with stairs or steep inclines. It does however give most rooms a great view.

The pool area is perfect as is the bar and restaurant area beside the pool. Do try the food, it is good quality and also do not hesitate to ask for local restaurant recomendations.

The rooms are spacious. The TV is tiny with no English speaking programming so probably don't bother to turn it on. You won't need it anyway. The furnishings are simple, if not basic but absolutely fine. The rooms are also kept very clean.

There seems to be a lack of decent local beaches and to get anywhere decent in the way of 'Perfect Greek Beaches' did involve a longer drive each day. They can be found but do expect a drive if not just enjoy the pool and local area. Don't hesitate to contact me if you want local information on places visited.

The restaurants in the 3 local villages do get a bit all the same with almost identical menus so do expect to search for something that little bit different or of better local quality. They can be found amount the hundreds of others.

I would ceratinly love to return here."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

Creta Blue 30th June - 6th July 2007

"Myself and my girlfriend stayed at Creta blue for 7 days from 30th June to 6th July and would like to reiterate the comments made below by the Family staying for 12 days (whom i believe we met at the Mediterainian night and around the pool etc..) The genuine feel of welcome is fantastic and would send my regards to the Roussakis family who are all lovely people...

The hotel/suite complex is very well presented, clean and a pleasure to stay in.. . however as detailed in the review below the rooms are not as fantastic as the website details them to be, dont get me wrong
the rooms are large, clean and very pleasant however the facilities are not that i anticipated of an " Executive Suite" in what poses to be 5* luxury (well on Lastminute.com anyway), that being said this did not detract from my overall opinion of a lovely complex and worth the money we spent..what we did have was a great view down the
hill with panaromic views of Hersonissos Bay and right over the pool area which is worth the extra premium in its own right. We spent most
of our days by the pool and it has a very nice relaxed atmosphere and
the pool bar snacks available at lunch time are freshly cooked to order, delicious and reasonably priced.. We found Helanas cooking to be excellent and ate at Creta Blue on a few evenings as we found the food to be better than most of the many touristy restaurants in the village (Though Galinis is worth a visit for the over the top decor and service)...

All in all we had a fantastic holiday at Creta Blue and will definately stay here next time we visit Crete, hopefully again next summer.. I know the Roussakis family pride themselves on the number of guests who return and we certainly will"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

The warmest of welcomes

Good

"We have just returned from 12 days at Creta Blue Suites in Koutouloufari (which is near Hersonissos & 25mins from Heraklion). From the moment we arrived George, Helen & Vangelis made our stay a wonderful and welcoming experience. The family could not have done more for my family and went all out to make us feel like we were one of their family.
The hotel is exactly as described on [--] with only a few minor exceptions. The pool area is beautiful with nice solid wood sun loungers and the bar/snack area is tasteful with great views. Helen & her staff will cook you a quick snack or a lovely evening meal and I highly recommend trying this. Breakfast is eggs (fried, scrambled or boiled) with bread, jam, ham, cheese, juice & coffee, but although limited is of high quality and supplemented by the marvellous waiting-on from Vangelis your host. We even bought our own cereal for the kids and the hotel supplied the milk.
The hotel is lovely and restful and quiet and I would say suits couples or families with small children. The nearest village is Koutoufoulari and is 5 mins walk which is comfortable for adults but small children may find it tiring especially if it's hot. Nice restaurants/shops in all 3 villages (Koutoufoulari, Peskipiano, old Hersonnisos)
The only area that can leave you a little disappointed is the suites themselves. During my stay I had 2 different executive suites which were sparsely furnished although the beds are huge and very comfortable. I did not see a big screen telly in any room (in fact the 1st room we had, had no TV at all). TV was portable in 2nd room with only Greek TV channels, no satellite) Executive rooms are described 'with exceptional furniture, fabrics and antique paintings on the walls'. I think this creates an image which is not necessarily justified by the rooms. In my experience rooms in Greece/Turkey are small and sparse and the rooms here are very clean & bigger & better than other hotels I have stayed in Greece/Turkey but they are OK not exceptional. However I would not want this to cloud the overall image of Creta Blue which is very, very positive and the lack of TV or furniture could not overshadow the fabulous feeling of genuine care and attention George and his family lavish upon their guests. Nothing is too much trouble!
My two young daughters were treated like princesses by ALL staff and we come away with heavy hearts wishing we didn't have to leave so soon. If I return to Crete it will be to Creta Blue Suites."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of July 2007

Didn`t have enough time to enjoy the creta blue suites

Good

"It was pretty hard to find the location of the village, but once we got there we easily got to the Creta Blue Suites using their signs.

The place is on the mountain watching the view of Hersonisus.. The pool and the bar is very nice and relaxing.

Our room was the last one, so though it was very big - we didn`t enjoy the view (Make sure you book a room with the pool view). The room was nice, exept from one problem in the bathroom.

The center of the village is just a few minutes of walking and it was very nice spending our evening their, far from the noise and traffic of Hersonisus.

Breakfast was exellent; We enjoyed watching the whole family in action, and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere by the pool.
I guess we would have enjoyed more if we stayed longer."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2007

Perfect

"Everything about Creta Blue Suites is perfect.. Georgia & his team with their hospitality, friendliness & here to make your stay fabulous attitude cannot be faulted.. Myself and 3 friends returned home last night after 5 fantastic nights and really didn't want to leave. I wholeheartedly recommend it... Good for the soul and heart. We most definitely want to return next year... "

• Travel date: Wed 27th of May 2015

Hotels near Creta Blue Suites

Stayed at Creta Blue Suites? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Creta Blue Suites

• Lorraine H by Lorraine H

"Stay as long as you can "

Creta Blue Suites is also called