Klio Apart Hotel

Kato Gouves, Gouves, Crete 70014 Greece

Great Appartments

"Me and my two children ahve just returned after a two week stay at the Klio Appartments. We had a brilliant time the staff were so friendly Rimi behind the bar and Fay at the pool bar. The area was brilliant and not at all to commercial. The locals were really friendly and would go out of there way to help you. It was about a five minute walk from the beach and 10mins from bar street which had many resturants and bars."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of July 2006

a well earned releaxing holiday

Good

"This was our first "package holiday" and was a bit aprehensive about what it was going to be like. Our apartment was spotless, and spacious and cleaned every other day new towels left. No air con but standing fans can be hired along with safe deposit boxes.

There is a nice cold pool and pool bar serving snacks and ice creams during the day, a bar for an evening with a pool table, a small kiddies play area, a well stocked shop and 5 minutes from the beach which offers various water sports.

The main attraction "bar street" is about a 10 minute, lovely walk with bars, restaurants and gift shops. Hit happy hour at the hotel and then go to the town for a meal returning back to the bar later. What more could you want??

There is a karaoke on a friday night, always good for a laugh after a few beers and a barbecue (pay extra) on a sunday. Well worth it. If going with children, and they like the water, they will be in their glory. Mine are 14 and 11(boys) and were in the water all day and were never bored.

Organised trips were great. Pick up and drop of is at apartments and 10 minutes away is the local bus stop. Air con buses, clean and cheap.

Lovely friendly, family run resort and we enjoyed it so much we booked up a week after our return to go back."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of May 2006

I loved klio

"I had a great holiday at klio 5 years ago
And can't believe remi is still there it was very laid back but we had great
Crowd and that made a great holiday I now want to go back with the kids again with one more of our kids which my hubby wanted to name klio lol yes we had a great holiday x"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of July 2011

boringggggggggg!!!!

"this place is defo not for children the hotel is very basic there was no entertainment at all and we were the only people at the pool and bar the bar staff must be bored to death the town is beauiful but to quite and there is nothing to do really my children were really bored.we had a few days at the beach which looks lovley and the water park was ok to.this place is more for older people.i have never known a hotel be so quite.if you wear speedos you will fit in fine hahaha take plenty of fly spray for your room and stock up on toilet rool as you only grt 1 every few days overall was just a ok holiday wont go bk you cant beat salou in spain "

• Travel date: Sat 11th of June 2011

Our holiday was brilliant just not the accomodation

"The hotel is very basic, not planned well at all. you have a shower and you create a flood. The plumbing was terrible because the bathroom stank of wee. The bed got changed once a week. we had no air conditioning and would sweat due to the heat, the cleaners were terrible. i cleaned the apartment better myself. some of the staff are ok, karen from the resturant is completely rude. we was late to breakfast one day but she said it was ok and served us. forgetting our orange juice that we paid for. Then half way through she shifted us outside. We had to take are plates etc ... all outside. after that then we finally got to eat our breakfast. but no yet again interupted us asking for the bill. soo rude. the pool didnt get cleaned once and we was there for 2 weeks. The pool barmaid was the best staff there. the resturant food was also very basic also not fresh, also needs to learn how to wash up!!got a glass that smelt like a fish tank. The toilets downstairs is terrible somebody had gone 2 the toilet made a stinky mess and it was there for 3 days. It smelt like a pig sty. I would recommend the resort best and most friendly people. loved it. just dont stay here!!! we are a young couple used to basic accomodation. we saved a whole year for this holiday. just got back. Gouves is beautiful, would recommend elotia grill house as a resturant lovely english woman there good pizzas and zorbas tavern so polite and pleasent. a good thing to do is jeep safari the best part of our holiday :) learn so much more about crete. bit expensive but well worth it. also in the hotel you have to pay for air conditioning 75 euros for to weeks. stupid!!! "

• Travel date: Fri 9th of July 2010

A great holidsy.

"My wife and I have just returned from a very enjoable 2 weeks at the Klio. Arrived late at night and Remi who runs the bar showed us to our rooms. Room very basic but with hair dryer which is rare for self catering and also kettle. Room very clean and cleaned on an average every 2 days. Staff excellent, Karen who ran the restaurant was an absolute gem along with Remi and the rest of the staff made our holiday that much more enjoyable."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of August 2009

This is written as a disbled wheelchair...

"This is written as a disbled wheelchair user,
Arrived 1600 hrs. Reception CLOSED OPENS 0830 - 1500.Taken to room by rep.Room very clean and tidy and toilet altered for disabled user.
Pool area excellent and pool clean and tidy.
Went for a meal in the restaurant. Had to visit the toilet. Found that the lift was O.O.O.had to go down and up 18 steps. By the time I did so I was poorly. NO toilet on the ground floor. The bar service with Remi was superb and the best thing of the stay. Back to the loos.I had to go down several ramps and some distance to go back to our room!!!. Later found out that the lifts had never worked since they were installed!!Mikalis at the pool bar was friendly as was the receptionist when it was open!!
The Klio supermarket was used well. 400 metres to the beach front. Reccommend the El Grego Taverna. Food superb"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2008

My partner and I have recently returned...

"My partner and I have recently returned from 10 nights at the Klio appts in Gouves in Crete. Our appt was very spacious (meant for 4 people) and fairly clean though the shower and toilet were neglected. There was no shower curtain, not unusual for Greece though it was a nuisance as the drain in the floor was slightly raised so served NO purpose at all and the water just stayed all over the floor so had to be mopped all the time. We were directly opposite the Magda hotel which was often quite noisy with coaches coming and going all day and night. The road was very busy not only with coaches but other traffic including motorbikes which were deafening as they revved up as they passed by. You had to keep your wits about you when walking down the road as there are no pavements and the drivers and riders had no regard for pedestrians at all, at night there were hardly any lights which we found very precarious. It was windy the whole time and the sea very rough which disapointed me as I love to swim but we just assumed it was the 'norm' as it was the north coast, however on our last day the wind dropped and the sea was flat!!! We were shocked as to how dirty the resort was with rubbish everywhere. The main beach was too crowded for our liking so we walked further down to where it was quiet but again dirty and we noticed lots of little plastic tubes with coloured liquid in, a bit like syringes, dont know what they were but it was worrying.
We were dissapointed with the food,usually I recommend various restaurants we have been to but not this time. we have had many good holidays and very rarely have we been unhappy with the food however this time we were! not once did we smell the aroma of food being cooked and nearly every meal was just 'ok', though a couple were awful. If you like your British food you wont go hungry! If you like your chips you will get plenty! We dont!!!
The airport is very close though according to the brouchure theres a 40 minute transfer from the airport, it took about 20 minutes by taxi. There is constant aircraft noise but I thoroughly enjoyed watching the planes fly over and from the beach you can see them landing in the distance, I usually take my binoculars on holiday but I could have kicked myself as I forgot them and every day said to my partner 'if only I had brought them'!
We booked two trips through our rep one to the island of Santorini and the other to Spinalonga, we were a bit surprised when he told us he didnt like to 'hard sell' and just left the leaflets with us, we soon found out why....I wont go into details as it will take too long to explain but basically there was just three British couples on the trip everyone else was French, it was run by a Greek company and the whole trip was awful, we immediately cancelled the Spinalonga trip!We will read any leaflets selling tours VERY carefully from now on.
All in all our worst holiday and we wont be going to Crete again.

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008

Stayed at the Klio last month (Aug 08) f...

"Stayed at the Klio last month (Aug 08) for 10 days, had a great time, the apartment was spacious and very clean, couldn't fault it apart from the shower head wouldn't stay upright when having a shower, kept dropping down towards the wall (that was the only down side).

All the staff where really nice and friendly especially Rimi who worked in the night bar, he was very chatty and remembered what drinks you have.

The hotel was about a 5 min walk to the beach, had some really nice resturants along the front, the staff where all really nice and would wave to you as you walked past. Was one of the best holidays i have had, would highly recomend the Klio."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of September 2008

After reading a number of recent reviews...

"After reading a number of recent reviews leading up to our stay at the Klio Apartments in Gouves, my boyfriend (20) and I (18) were more than wary of what would be waiting for us when we arrived.

The apartments where very tidy,yet modern.Our room was immaculate and everything was incredibly clean from the bathroom through to the balcony area and well looked after,with new furnishings too.We received clean sheets and towels every 3 days even though we only stayed for a week.

Air con was a must as it was very close on a night and aircraft noise could be heard noisily if you had windows and doors open – it was the best 40 euros we spent all holiday!

Rimi at the booze bar open on an evening always had a smile on his face and his nightlife recommendations are well worth taking note of.We went to Hersonissos, which is a low-key version of Malia, and into club CAMELOT – drinks were pricey but the atmosphere was immense it is definitely worth a visit!

To get to places outside of Gouves,there is a 10 minute walk to the bus stop that comes every half an hour,this is the cheapest form of travel around the island as taxis where over 20 euros one way.We did venture into Malia during the day,but it is just like England with takeaways,bars,clubs and shops along the streets.We spent time at the beach but preferred the Gouves beach, as it was very clean and sandy.The water was very choppy and wavy, although lovely and blue and clear.The beachfront is about a 10 minute walk away from the Klio Apartments, with a small selection of bars and tavernas.Be sure to venture onto the main strip of Gouves where there are plenty of bars,tavernas and shops to choose from – this is about a 20 minute walk away.

Although very quiet at this time of the year (29th August-5th September) Gouves is a traditionally Greek area, with lots of places providing Greek specialities.We never ate a bad meal; all the food was gorgeous and served at a high service,with very friendly and chatty waiters.I would recommend learning the lingo, as my boyfriend is half Greek and was able to chat to the waiters who became even friendlier and more willing to serve you when you make an effort with their language.We recommend these places to eat if you visit Gouves: DAVINA RESTAURANT situated on the beach front, ATLANTIS, DIMITRIS and NEW CHINA on the main strip and CHEERS in Hersonissos.

The pool was very well looked after and always clean and inviting.We never thought it was dirty and is one of the cleanest pools I have ever visited myself and was where my boyfriend and I spent the majority of our holiday.

All in all we had a fantastic time at the Klio Aparments and would definitely recommend it despite other reviews that have been posted.We found it a great place for peace and quiet whilst still being able to travel to the larger places on the island for the nightlife or shopping experience The Klio Apartments cater for everyone including families, young and older couples.It is the perfect getaway place for people who want a real feel for the life of a Cretan citizen.

• Travel date: Fri 5th of September 2008

Just returned from a quick week here wit...

"Just returned from a quick week here with my husband and 2 children.
Flights and transfers first class. Very hot and very barren but fine for an August getaway.

Accommodation basic but ok. Pool can get a little rowdy - nice kid’s pool. Breakfast at just under 5 euros at the Klio is good value. Try a trip on the happy train around Gouves - not too exciting but good respite from the hot day sun!

Beaches nice sea very clean a bit rough for kids but shallow in parts.

Hotel across the road is a bit noisy but having never been to Greece in August before - perhaps this is normal!

Hotel staff helpful and accommodating. Favourite restaurant Zorbas. The Crete aquarium is worth a visit too!

Happy holidays.

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

My partner and I went for her 30th birth...

"My partner and I went for her 30th birthday. The Klio is a spotless, friendly environment for all age groups. We would recommend the Klio and Gouves for people who want a relaxing quiet holiday.

The resort of Gouves is about as far away from everything English as you can get, nothing commercialised, but you can get a bus to Malia which is like being in your local high St of age limits from 16-25!

I can’t thank the staff at Klio enough for their courtesy. Nothing was too much trouble. Val at the pool bar was always you for a laugh and Rimi was lovely especially to my partner!

The beds were made everyday, clean towels every other day and bedding changed once a week, the only downfall was the cooking facilities in the room just 2 hob rings so you are limited to what you can cook. The cleaners work from 7.30 till very late at night, they don’t come in your room until you are out, so no early morning wakeups!

We are taking the children back next year as we didn’t take them as we went in the heat wave! 110 most days! Absolute cracking holiday.

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

Hotels near Klio Apart Hotel

Stayed at Klio Apart Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Klio Apart Hotel

• sungods by sungods

"Favourite restaurant was Porto on the sea front did a lovely Kleftico "

• Upset customers :( by Upset customers :(

"Gouves is brilliant would like to go back to resort, would have to pay me for the hotel. "

• mummymartin555 by mummymartin555

"take games cards thing to do its very boring "

Klio Apart Hotel is also called