Ledra Apartments

Havania , 72000 , Agios Nikolaos , Crete , Greece , Europe

very poor

"we have to tell you again please dont go please
Okay where do we start why not start at the beginning seems a good idea?

We are booking our holiday for next year sept-oct 02 this for eleven people not just our family so it had to be right because a few in the party have never been abroad before,

Went to the concourse in Skelmersdale to the travel agents called going places

Told the lady our requirements six adults five children ladies name was Alison

Our requirements was one lady aged sixty seven years old with angina and on medication for it, and one lady on medication for depression and hip displacement

And one lady is expecting a baby; the age of one of the children was only four.

We spent half a day in the shop because she said it was difficult to find accommodation for eleven people

Yes we found one Crete yes we said because four of the party have been their many years ago, she did not have a brochure to show us our apartments and said if you come in one day next week we will have one in for you so we paid our deposits,

We left feeling happy because we have never been on a big family holiday abroad before.

Faye one of the parties went the week after to get the brochure took it home to take a look.

It looked nice and clean nice pool near your room’s snack bar and light meals TV and telephone kitchen furnished balcony and only a few minutes from the beach what moor could you need it has it all?

But then we read not suitable for people with walking difficulties, the next day three of the parties went to ask about this matter, it was Alison again she said there is only about six steps okay that was it Crete it is then.

Time to save go with out to pay for our holiday of a life time.

We got to Crete five children six adults,

Done a few drop offs on the way we got to Aghios Nikolaos it looked beautiful we all said this must be us time to get of now? We did not get off back it went I went to see the rep on the coach and told her we are staying in Aghios Nikolaos its okay she said you are next to get off went to tell the others some time went by, we heard a few people on the coach say we hope that’s not our hotel up there? Yes it was ours off we got I told the rep this can not be our apartments yes this the ledra she said, we said we cannot stay here? she said take it up with the rep in your welcoming meeting off the coach first thing we seen was the biggest ramp we have ever seen in our lives we all went wow no way, the rep said could one of you come with me so I can show you the rooms because this will take so long and I have a job to do on the coach, I went with her I could not believe how many steps how many steps there were on the way up I got to the rooms I did not say anything to the rep she just said ( I am sorry you will have to take it up with your rep tomorrow) and went I got my breath and went down to help the others with the cases , my mum was crying in pain and had to stop a lot of times on the way up it took about forty five minutes we are all at the top it was dark all the way up we could not see anything, we opened the doors what an nightmare first thing we seen was the beds one concrete and an old rusty camp bed no water or food since the flight no bar open for snacks or water or a telephone could not see any sign of life only a few car head lights now and again finally we got the kids to sleep.

The next day opened our doors we could not belief where we are the kids describe it best (in the clouds)

Between us and a 200ft drop was a nine inch wall with a small thin bar across it we could not let the kids play out. We could not find a shop we finally got water when the bar opened and sat altogether and waited for the welcoming rep to arrive this was a nightmare.

The rep came late the first thing he said sorry I am late I was early but the steps made me late no one said anything after he was finished telling everyone how far it to here there and every where, we got a chance to speak at last

We said we can not stay because we fear for the safety of our children and our self’s

What’s wrong with the apartments he said where would you like me to start?

Apart from the rooms our children can not pay anywhere without falling down steps other family’s were complaining about the state of the apartments I asked the rep to come and have a look at our rooms I showed him the beds in the room (I will get that changed) showed him the concrete bed with the mattress hanging over I will get you one that fits I said all the beds are like this in all the rooms he then said (it’s a standard bed in Crete and you get what you pay for) I said this is not a cheep holiday in disgust

I showed him the marks on the little girls back he said o dear I will get you a new camp bed, I said would you let your children or family stay hear (I don’t have children he said) also I asked where is the shop 10 minutes away I asked him could you move us to a more suitable apartments he then said I do understand this is not right I will see what I can do, we went on a search for a shop just to get out of our apartment onto the main road was 79 steps three ramps had to cross a main road that was hell down 40 steps across a road turn left its along there that took some time got food and water toilet rolls because their was nothing in the rooms going back was even harder some of the adults where in a bad way with the walk and the children where crying got back never again two of us tried to get to the beach gave up went back you could not do that with the children.

The rep came back 6.30 that night he brought an other rep with him as we where talking he told the children don’t play near there because it’s not safe for young children he went red understanding what he had just said the other rep said I can move you but it will cost you €1000 euro to move because that’s what the other hotel wants for their rooms and I need it in cash now I said are you moving us he said no you have to find your own way there and there is a taxi strike you could get a bus but they finish at nine pm and they may not take all the cases and avis car hire have not cars because of the taxi strike he then said (the new apartments are called remi and its in stallis he said keep on the main road straight to stallis through malia on the left is a big hotel just before the cross roads its on the left bye) and that was the last time we ever seen him thanks Simon.

We got a number of a hire firm and they only had a fiat panda €65 per day we took it all the suit cases down the steps down the ramps we, could not believe what was happening to us.

Now how can we take five children and six adults in a small car I wanted to cry but I had to be strong for everyone it took five trips at one hour each trip with about 15 mins in between each trip to move cases to rooms almost ran out of petrol could not find anywhere found some €20 it cost, and over five hours of driving some of the family where waiting at the side of the road all that time it was hell (just think about it strange roads don’t now where you are or if your family are safe on each end)

New rooms new rep called Alan told him what went on told him about the girls back and showed him the marks from the camp bed he said why did Simon not help you with this matter he then filled a form in regarding the girls back and we have had lots of complaints with the ledra apartments.

Days Later trying to put the nightmare behind us we where talking to other gests and hotel staff and they could not under stand why we where charged €1000 to stay in the apartments because there is a notice on the wall say it’s only €70 per week per room and it’s a standard charge from the Crete government so that’s €420 when I went to school and we where charged €580 to find us a room that is a bit much don’t you think, the money you took from us was our food and spending money we saved it all year and you took it just like that if the holiday was cheep I could under stand some of it.

The apartments you sent us to are not for family’s (remi) but it was better than the ledra.

Also our flight home delay had to be put and new flight we had to get our bags off the runway children running around got on the plane one child sitting one end of the plane and the adults sitting all over the place we could not sit near or with our children on the way home when the plane took of the kids sat on our knees what happened to our rebooked seats that toped the holiday but wait there’s more waited for our cases yes you guessed it some was missing our keys are in that case (sorry fill this form in and you will get your cases tomorrow before five pm we got home heaven next day and went stayed in all day yes no cases phoned airport you will have them before five pm the next day two pm they came.

The nightmare is over. "

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of May 2009

far out

Good

"My husband and I stayed at these apartments in May '01. Yes, we arrived at 3am, Yes, there were over 80 steps to our apartment, and yes, the climb with suitcases from the bus drop off at the bottom of the drive was epic....would we go again? Most definately yes! We didn't use the pool...we prefer the beach, we didn't use the snack bar, we didn't see the rep, but our apartment had the most stunning veiw and the biggest balcony. Cooking facilities are poor but this is the norm in Greece, I would advise taking a travel kettle and if you must have toast buy a cheap toaster locally. Aircon though expensive is a godsend when it's hot.
A little way from the centre...about 20 minute walk but perfect for us as away from the noise.
I am hoping that the apartments haven't deteriorated as we are looking to go back next August.
If you want luxury you don't go self catering in Greece.
Enjoy."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of December 2008

Are you panicing about these reviews

"I booked our holiday and then went online to read the reviews and almost had a cardiac arrest when i started reading the reviews and thought what have i done.
We arrrived (me my partner and 2 kids 11 and 21) at 11.30pm, my partner and youngest went straight to bed, me and Tom the eldest sat up til 4 in the morning drinking and talking with Yannis (who had to stay up til next drop off at 6am (bear in mind he's been up since 7.00am and will have to be there again the following morning (you'll see complaints about him being arrogant, [--]! those who made time to talk to him and not at him got on great, we and 2 other families we made friends with all got on fine with him and Poppy.

These two have to do everything at the Ledra apprtments, if anyone is to blame it's the blood sucking owners who are to tight to pay for addition staff.

Let me say i'm not the fittest person in the world (fat and 40 ) and those steps are a challenge, but after a couple of days you sure feel the benefit. The steps are there for a reason the appartments are built on a bleeding hillside how else do people expect to get there.By the time i left i swear i felt fitter and had calves the size of water melons.

Honestly the appartments are basic, but we paid basic money,if you want luxury there are plenty of other places to choose from at double the price. Our appartment had no hot water, for the whole week, and although i could have got out of my pram with yannis i asked him politely and he tried to get the enginner to fix the problem but since he took all week to arrive --no hot water, but i took the attitude if this is the worst well happy days.

There's not alot to do around the ledra appartments and near by but Agios is not far nether is Elounda, we hired a car and traveled around, brilliant day, went to spinalonga excellent day, Tom went out most nites and came home the next morning and judging by the look of him had a relly good time.

I would return anytime, you get what you pay for, and you make of things what you will, When i arrived a gentleman moaned continually about how terrible it was (he was waiting for the coach to take them home _ this guy was a whinging git and i'm sure this guy is never happy with anything.

There are lots of things that could be better but it's Crete we went to see, the appartments are somewhere to sleep, and as your not close to the nightlife you'll get the opportunity to do so. Crete is great the people are great, as long as you are polite they don't put up with arrongant holiday makers - would you!

If you,ve booked don't panic, if you haven't pick somewhere else if you like but it's not a bad place, i will honestly say it's one of the best if not the best holiday i've ever had, Crete is fantastic.

sorry to drone on but i logged on to see what peoplen had said about ther place the same time i was there and i cannot belive how people can write such horrid reviews, look at the ratings if something is truelly awful then all the ratings would be low but you get low and high and having been there i suspect the low ratings are from people whpo expected 5* but only wanted to pay 2*, how many peple do you know like that.

• Travel date: Sat 15th of November 2008

Mrs L McGibbon

Good

"WE arrived at the Ledra at around 8pm. The reception from Yannis was nice and friendly . He showed us our room which was really basic [but when you get a cheap deal it wasnt much to complain about!]He was really advising on how to get to the nearest supermarkets and restaurants and Agios nik town.He arranganged a taxi for to get in to town so we could have some dinner[very accomodating] the taxis are 7 euros which is pretty steep but from this visist to greece this year the euro is expensive in everything!!!

There is alot of steps which by the way we expected! They were ok . To get into to Agios Nikolaos town there is a good 30/40 mins walk. we enjoyed the walk but some might not.

During our nice waliks we came across the restaurant "Kri Kri" ABOUT 15min walk from Ledra apt. The staff are excellant and very accomadating. The Greek night is amazing!!

The only down fall for the Ledra is that Yannis is not always there when you need him. He did save a wee kitten from a bin while we were there so i hope the weee kitten "Lucky" is doin ok.

As a cheap holiday the Ledra was ok. We love Crete and will be back , not sure if it will be the Ledra but only because it is so far back from everthing else. The Ledra is a nice place to stay if you dont mind really basics."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of October 2008

consider it carefully before you go!!!!!!

"The apartments looked lovely on the pictures but in reality it I do not know how it was a three star rated accommodation. On arriving at Ledra you are dropped of at the bottom of a steep slope to take your suitcases up. Bearing in mind you have just travelled from airport, 4 hours on the plane, and over an hour on the transfer bus. On getting up the slope you were greeted by about 25 steps to take your suitcases up. Janis the cartaker is very polite but not very talkative and takes you to your apartment. In total we had 79 steps up to our apartment. The bed was supposedly a double but was more like 4foot and very low down. There was no shower curtain so each time you had a shower the bath room flooded. Also the water went down the plug hole and came up a drain in the middle of the bathroom floor. The toilet seat was broken and even though we mentioned it to Janis and to the tour rep it was broken all week. The front door was broken and would not lock properly and we were told that some holidaymakers came back drunk and could not open their door so just kicked it so that is how the doors get broken!!!! Bearing in mind there were so many steps in the night half the lights going up th steps were not working (apparently some electrician had mended the air con and put the lights out). We mentioned this as well only to be told the electrician was coming the next day - he never came all week. When it was windy at night the patio doors swung open so we had to place a chair in front of the doors. We were told it was self catering but there was a very simple two hob cooker and if you used the hob on top you could not use the oven at the same time. There was no kettle (they were for hire). No toaster and you had to pay 5 euros a day for air conditioning. The plus side was the cleaner was absolutely excellent. She had to go up and down the steps with all her equipment and cleaning the apartments above and beyond the call of duty. Taking your washing in and folding it up etc.,The view from the top was breathtaking, absolutely beautiful. In October a few local bars and restaurants were now closed but the ones that remained open were excellent value for money and very welcoming. The Candia restaurant and the Galley restaurant. out of the two we preferred the Galley which hosted quiz nites, pool tournaments, the football on big screen and karoake. The guy behind the bar even gave us a lift home back to the apartments in the pouring rain one evening. The food is excellent especially the chips. Aghios Nik was a beautiful place and if we went again we would stay in the centre of Aghios Nik town. So if you want to get fit this is the place for you and there is a swimming pool even if it is small, a small bar but cleaning toilets at pool side. There are tennis courts but not in use the whole time we were there. could be a relaxing holiday as it away from nolse of othere tourists. If you have booked it then go and enjoy yourself if you haven't booked yet think seriously about the steps and condition of the apartments before you go.
consider the steps, take a travel kettle and travel plugs. take your own pegs as the washing blows at the top apartments and the washing blows away. arrange to go out and explore so you just use the apartments as a base. there is a lot to explore in Crete especially Spinalonga. But the prices Thomas cook charges for the trips seems a bit high so look around for a better deal. Nostria tours from Aghios Nik run a brilliant tour to Spinalonga with a tour guide for just 10 euros each whereas Thomas cook charge 37 euros each. Visit the Galley and the Candia they are both lovely restaurants. Elounda is lovely but smaller and quieter than Aghios Nik. There are loads of jewellery shops about. Hire a local car which is cheaper than Avis and explore the area. Use Lidl and Spar to get your shopping a lot of local supermarkets are a bit sparse and expensive.

• Travel date: Wed 15th of October 2008

Please beware dont go here

"My family and I have been to Crete for several years now and know what to expect so when we saw this holiday we thought we'd give it a go. I checked the reviews, some were good and others bad, so we went with an open mind. My oh my had we wished we hadn't, it has been the worst holiday we have ever been on in our lives. We arrived at the Ledra having made several calls to Yannis and informed him that we would be there at approximately 1.30 in the morning, no problem he said - big problem. We had hired a car at the airport, with travel agent knowing this. We arrived at the Ledra at 1.15am, no Yannis, no problem we said we'll wait. We waited and we waited, we made several telephone calls to him which were unanswered, we checked our tickets and information, no contact numbers given for the rep, no phone numbers on the notice board by the pool. Eventually at about 2.3o am the coach arrived, dumped the people off at the bottom of the hill. When speaking to the others they had been allocated apartment numbers on the coach. We had nothing. One guest said that it was the "norm" for Yannis to leave the keys in the doors of the apartments for late arrivals - so much for the 24hour cover!! So once all the others had gone to their apartments we looked around for another apartment with a key in it, we found one, God I wished we hadnt. There were no sheets on one bed, there was a camp bed in the kitchen, no shower curtain and when we opened the curtains, there was dirty laundry outside the window. The room was literally buzzing with mosquitos and bugs. The complex was very poorly lit at nights, with that amount of steps you had to take extreme care that you did not fall. Needless to say we didn't unpack that night. In the morning, I was very abruptly informed by the cleaner that we shouldn't have been in that room and ours was the one above. Good we thought we'll give it a go, its only for a week!! Well this was no better, electrical sockets hanging out of the walls, live wires accessible in the lamps on the walls, again no shower curtains, no hot running water, red ants all over the kitchen area, shutters were tied shut with string, mattresses were only about 3 inches thick, the door had obviously been broken into before as the lock didn't work properly, if you used the shower the bathroom floor was like an ice rink, the sheets had holes in them, the pillows stank of god knows what, there were 3 holes in the bath with the plug hole that made 4 and to this day I am still waiting to see the REP. Needless to say we only stuck this for 3 days, I gave up on seeing the rep so we decided - wrongly or rightly - to find our own alternative accommodation. After that the holiday was a breeze, hot water, shower curtains and fresh linen without holes, clean rooms, the basic you expect for the money you pay. I would therefore urge people to please listen to my warning, the Health and Safety of your family is the most important thing in life, I can just imagine a young child sticking their fingers in the live wire socket or slipping in the bathroom and smashing their head open, all these accidents are waiting to happen, please avoid them. I will be writing to Thomas Cook and informing them about the appauling conditions of the apartments and hopefully they will compensate us for having to pay an extra £160 euros for alternative accommodation, fingers crossed eh. I will also be writing to my local agent who we booked this holiday through and asking them not to send anyone else here. So we will wait and see. TO END ALL I WILL SAY IS IT IS THE WORST HOLIDAY I HAVE EVER HAD - BUT DON'T WRITE CRETE OFF, THE PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY, MOST ACCOMMODATION IS GOOD AND THE FOOD IS VERY GOOD, EVERYONE MAKES AN EFFORT TO TALK ENGLISH FOR YOU."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of October 2008

I cant believe how much moaning people h...

Good

"I cant believe how much moaning people have done about the Ledra Apartments. I have been back 3 years running now, not because it's so fantasitc there as it is basic but because it is excellent value for money & the views are outstanding.

What frustrated me about the poor reviews was the fact no one seemed to enjoy or apprecite the price they would have paid for a Basic but clean apartment with the best views on the island. You can only achieve these views because of the steps you climb.. you only get out of life what you put in, how else can you see these kind of views from the ground level ? So my opinion is . if you are prone to being a bit picky dont stay at the Ledra, pay a bit more for the mirabello hotel down the road, but I will probably be sitting next to you ( yes I use another pool) with a few hundred euro more in my pocket than you & a much better view of the fabulous sunset all for climbing about 40 steps to my balcony which is more private than the Mirabelo ones ! I would give Ledra 8/10 overall for value for money. People expect far too much from Greece & wont be happy until it is commercialised & we all have pay double for the luxury of comfy beds etc.. such a shame ! "

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

Me and my partner stayed at these apartm...

"Me and my partner stayed at these apartments and HAD the most FANTASTIC TIME. I wanted to return again this year but decided to try some where else wish i hadnt!! yes there are stairs every where keeps you fit?But the owners ALL the staff was BRILLIANT not 1 bad word to say!It was a bit of a shock when we 1st arrived but once there wouldnt change a thing about it. I will be returning next year thats for sure. Kids are ok there but wouldnt take young and prams i would say 5 and up. All in all FANTASTIC,BRILLIANT roll on next year cant wait."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

I really can't understand some of the ba...

"I really can't understand some of the bad comments that people are leaving about the Ledra, this was one of the best holidays I have ever had! All anyone seems to go on about are the steps but there really aren't that many if you are a relatively fit person and as for children; there must have been about ten 5 - 12 year olds while were were there and they loved playing in the maze of buildings that the Ledra is set in and on the little play park that is available for them. Honestly, this was an extremely cheap holiday and we got so much more than what we expected!

We also arrived at 5am (we hired a car which I would definitely recommend as the coaches seemed to take too long and on your last day if you have an early morning flight like we did you can at least keep your bags in your car and have an extra day on the beach instead of staying around the pool!) but our rep was there waiting for us and she showed us around the rooms which were spotless. We had the most amazing view from our apartment, the best I have ever had on holiday, and the balconies are extremely private and large with washing lines available which were so useful. The rooms are basic I admit but you don't go on holiday to sit in your room!!

The staff at the Ledra were lovely. Poppy, who cleaned our rooms for us, was very subtle and we had our beds changed every other day, she tidied our clothes away, swept and mopped, cleaned the bathroom, emptied bins and we had fresh towels every other day aswell. And Yiannis, although a little grumpy early in a morning (who isnt when they're working!), was very sweet. He helped our party out with one missing key, one broken key and was always on hand to get us anything we wanted. And I can't understand the complaints about the pool; Yiannis cleans that pool every single day at 7pm, he washes down the patio and cleans all of the subeds and puts them neat and straight... there are some picky people on here!!

Because we had the car we didn't spend a single day at the apartment pool; there was too much to go do! There are two lovely beaches within walking distance, the one to the left is excellent for snorkelling but is very rocky so you need flippers or rubber shoes. And the walk down to Agios is lovely on an evening, takes about 10 minutes.

If you hire a car (and i would really recommend it!) I would suggest driving around to Elounda which is literally 5 mins around the corner. It is a beautiful place and the restaurants don't stand on the street and beg you in the way they do in Agios (watch out for them round the Lagoon in Agios, especially the De Luc - horrendous service, poor food and the waiters pretend that they don't understand English, try to serve you three times more than you ask for and then when you say you don't want it they simply say that as you are on holiday it is ok for you to spend lots of money. Absolutely worst restaurant I have ever been to.) In Elounda there is the Kalypso Piano Bar which served the most delicious food (quite pricey probably not ideal for young children but lovely for a romantic meal with your partner) and alongside the water there is the Lotus Eaters Restaurant which is run by a British family who were most attentive and the food was excellent with very good prices. This is an ideal restaurant for children too and if you want to try a bit of greek cuisine I would recommend it here (even though they are British!) as the food was fresh and they have traditional dishes which seemed much more authentic than the actual greek restaurants who were aiming their badly put together dishes at the roaming tourists! We found that if a restaurant had pictures of the dishes you should steer clear at all costs and only eat where the menus were written out properly!! We had some very dissappointing moussakas and stifados!

Another restaurant to try if you are staying at the Ledra is situated on the road along from the Mirabello hotel. Over the road from the Ledra are some steps and a short walkway leading down to the main road alongside the sea and as soon as you come out on the main road there is a fabulous restaurant which opened while we were staying there. It was purely greek and we were the only tourists eating there as everyone was greek. Very very hospitable, the meats are roasted on a spit and the service was impeccable. The prices were brilliant and the decor was lovely (lots of flowing white curtains and potted plants around) and there is a large children's play area which had I been a bit younger would have gone in and had a play on it looked so much fun. Really good value for money there.

We also visited Vai which was about two hours away in the car and was gorgeous, lots of palm trees and excellent snorkelling. Also if you are in the car you should head out to the West of the Island. Head for Lerapetra, you'll pass the signs for the Aldi and you will eventually pass three different beaches. The first is just around a bend in the road and great for kids with lots of water sports; the second is a bit further on and is on a bend in the road with a lovely cafe and the water laps right up to the sunbeds on the beach, good for caneoing here and they have a giant trampoline in the water; and the third was my favourite beach. Its about half an hour away from Agios and you need to keep your eyes peeled for a hand painted sign on the left of the road in a small town that says "beach 2km" Gorgeous sandy beach, a pretty little white church sits on one side of it, there is a reasonable priced cafe, showers, toilets and some of the best swimming available. There's also a little kitten who hangs around the cafe and must belong to the owners - cute little fella!

I would also recommend going on the Ostria cruise to Spinalonga; the lady who gave us a guided tour from Agios (I can't remeber her name) was scottish and she was fantastic, very informative and interesting to listen to and we saw dolphins on the way home. A trip to Knossos palace and the crete aquarium are also good trips out; the aqarium costs 8 euros in and you could spend about 6 hours in there - get a pre-recorded guide phone for 2 euros though - and they have sharks there and we even saw Nemo! :)

Its also really worthwhile having a drive on from Elounda along the sea front, through Plaka and up a very steep hill (excellent photo opportunities here!) and up and down the mountains for some spectacular views and a real feel for the greek community. We passed the same elderly lady three times on our holiday and every time she was sat opposite her house knitting - she must do that every day! And if you have kids who want a really fun beach there is a big beach close to Malia (away from all the crazy people thankfully) thats called the Happy Beach (you won't miss the signs!) but they have lots of pools with slides and fun things for kids to do and water sports for adults as well. Watch out for the sea bed though, very uneven and rocky you will definitely need sea footwear but if you can brave it and get out into the open sea and do some snorkelling you will see hundreds of schools of fish of all different types - it was brilliant.

I have written so much but there is so much I want to say about how fantastic this holiday was. There were three couples in our party, we had a bbq on the beach one night, we explored the entire eastern side of the island (the south seems to be quite underdeveloped in comparison to the north but its nice and quiet if you want to get away from the tourists!) and we didn't have any problems at all. The only bad thing was the hardcore noise of the crickets but after the first couple of days you get used to them and you actually miss them when you get back to the UK!

But one of the most amazing things about the Ledra and something you should not miss is the amazing sunrise. When we arrived at 5am we were greeted by the most beautiful sunrise and we sat and dangled our feet in the pool and watched it come up. Word of warning though; the shops don't open until 9am and you will be very very thirsty so get some water on the way to the apartments when you first arrive! :)

The only reason we won't be going back to the Ledra is because we like to explore a lot and never go to same place twice, but I would definitely recommend it especially if you are looking for a cheap holiday and if you have toddlers this probably isn;t the right place but if you have adventurous 5 year olds and upwards, they will love it here! :)

I really hope that this has helped and that it has balanced up against the more negative reviews. As long as you don't expect 4* luxury (which you haven't paid for it!) and are happy to climb about ten to twenty steps to your apartment then you will have a wonderful time and I'm incredibly jealous of anyone who has just booked to go! :) Have fun!

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

well.....on arriving at the apartment we...

"well.....on arriving at the apartment we had to walk up a steep drive way, not too bad but since it was half 6 in the morning after a long flight it wasnt very nice, then we were greeted by our guide who runs the bar at the pool and the actual apartments, he said hello and took us to out room, which was up lots and lots of stairs and he didnt even offer to help with our suitcases, i must have been expecting too much! even an offer may have been nice, but he didnt even seem pleasant anyway! our room was very basic, but had everything you would need, however you had to pay for the air conditioning and then we found a cockroach in out cutlery draw....not what you want to see when you're preparing food! we were there for 8 days and 7 nights and the sheets got changed once, and the towels replaced once, i thought this was a disgrace really, because you would expect them to change them every other day when you take into consideration you'll be showering everyday and....it just makes good sense!

the pool itself wasnt very nice, the drinks were ok value, but we decided not to spend much time at all by the pool, on the last day we saw bugs in it and you couldnt even see the bottom of the pool because the water was that murky! so we stuck to the Mirabella pool and beach which wasnt far away....just down the road. we didnt eat at the pool bar and just stuck to a restaurant/bar called Candia, which is 5 minutes walk and so nice, the staff from Candia could teach the staff at Ledra apartments a thing or two! they made you feel welcome, appreciated and valued your custom and always seemed pleased to see you, asking your name and making polite chit chat!

all in all, if i did go back to Agios Nikolaos, i would not stay in Ledra, i wouldnt go back, and would advise anyone who was going to think twice about staying.....go to Mirabella and visit Candia restaurant! "

• Travel date: Tue 17th of June 2008

on arrival at the ledra apartments after...

"on arrival at the ledra apartments after a long journey by coach, around one and a half hours,we were greeted by a very steep hill to climb with our suitcases, and a very tired two and half year old, we were then greeted by around 20 steps to climb! first impressions were not good, the pool was dirty with a scum ring around the inside .The tables and pool area had not been tidied from the night before. we arrived at about 5.30 in the morning and was greeted by the manager who then told us and another couple that we were not on his list to be booked in. he phoned the rep, and then told us we would have to see her at the twelve o clock at the welcome meeting! what a welcome! He then said he could give us a room to get our heads down and have a wash until the rep came, but said he did not think we would be staying there. More stairs to climb! but the other couple had even more steps than us, they to had a two year old! not child friendly at all. the play area was dirty and in need of repair! The view overlooking the sea was second to none.To cut along story short we did stay there in the end, rooms were very basic, no kettle, you could hire these from reception, shops a very long walk, down more steps! we went to the beach which also meant more steps! The only consolation were the people we meet while staying in the ledra, they made our holiday so much more fun. There were a lot of complaints from other holiday couples as well as us, and some were taken to alternative accommodation. All in all not very good for families with small children or the elderly Tour rep not very friendly at all. Think we may give the ledra a miss when we return to Crete, a lovely place to go,the sea ,sand and sun were fantastic, wish i could say the same about the Ledra!"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of June 2008

my friends and i had a lovely time stayi...

Good

"my friends and i had a lovely time staying at the ledra apartments .the staff and fmanagement were very friendly the manager himself was lovely and coulden do enough for us his name is yenna and he is very good at his job he made us feel very wellcome . we are going back later this year .i just wish to say thanku to yenna and u again soon.catherina from belfast."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

Hotels near Ledra Apartments

Stayed at Ledra Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Ledra Apartments

• shajan by shajan

"Will definately return. "

• shajan by shajan